What's your game of the year 2011?

We shy worth hair
Now that 2011's officially behind us, I thought this might be fun. 2011 was certainly a good year for gaming, so what game do you guys vote for?

My two top choices are between Skyrim & Deus Ex with my winner probably being Deus ex. Skyrim was a great spend of money it was 120 hours of immersion and I got a lot of fun out of it but deus ex had a bigger impact, was more compelling and as far as a work of art goes it was far deeper.

Skyrim will get all the GOTY awards this year, however (I loved it don't get me wrong) however the story telling and characters were nowhere near as cool. It did have a great quest where I got to experience what being indoctrinated into terrorism felt like but like everything else it didn't feel like the consequences and weaving with the story were strong enough. I became a terrorist and then... nothing. The stories didn't weave enough and they didn't link with the world, aside from one or two main quest requirements and the guards.

Now Deus Ex was pretty linear but it worked. It addressed post humanism but also the growing gap between the haves and have nots and it gave all the sides a good shout. The ending machine at the end was terriible, the boss fights could have meant so much more and been so much better but the overall experience was compelling and fun. Like skyrim there were multiple ways to solve most of the game, but while skyrim did each approach well and have us a big open world, deus ex did each approach very well and gave us compelling world.

Of course I'm a believer in games are art. That doesn't mean a game without a deeper meaning or clever exploration of some issue isn't worthwhile, I fucking love serious sam and the like. But that the pinnacle of gaming like any other media is both exciting and compelling but also makes us think about something, and properly. The ability to experience it is more powerful than any other media. (there's also good dumb fun, stuff with a good point that's dull and just outright shit just like any other media form).

Now what's your personal choice?

My favorite game of 2011 had to be Batman: Arkham City. It was amazing. Arkham Asylem set the bar for super hero games and Atkham City was 10 times better than the first one.

I havn't played every game that came out in 2011. But Arkham City if definetly the best out of what I have played.

Reactions: .
Don't get me wrong, there are tons of games that deserve the GOTY distinction this year, but the game I'm going with is purely based on which game I've found myself going back to no matter what game came out. That game is Mortal Kombat. They've finally gone back to their roots and knocked out a killer game. I'm pretty stoked for the new Twisted Metal as well. Immediate contender for GOTY 2012.

Reactions: .
This was a year full of great games,there is no denying that. From Little Big Planet2, to Portal 2, down to Gears of War 3 all the way to Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. This was undoubtedly a proud year to call yourself a gamer. However,which is the best? While the rest of you will most likely be playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim. The only game that truly has my time reserved is just one. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I've played most of these games this year and while a lot of them do impress,none of them really give me the desire to go back and play them once they are beaten, with the odd exception being Skyrim(that's one deep game). The reason I don't pick Skyrim is well,despite its massive world and endless quests and critically acclaimed ratings. I was unfortunate enough to play it on the PS3 and it was just full of glitches and frame rate issues. Its almost as if they shipped a broken game and to me that was just a massive turn off. From what I did play, it was amazing but it just persisted in some many problems that at one point it became unbearable to play. Maybe I should have just played it on the 360? Who knows.

On to Skyward Sword. Now, a lot of people and reviews are going out on a bold statement saying that this is finally the Zelda game that has dethroned Ocarina of Time as best Zelda ever created. Well, I'm about 3 quarters the way through it and while it is an impressive games(the controls especially), it does not over take OoT. For one, I find the temples and or dungeons to be a bit lacking. No where near the difficulty as previous outings and even the bosses seem to simple and easy,though fun, just not really what I expect out of a good and challenging boss battle. Aside from that, its really my only grip with the game thus far.

Now, what makes the game sheer brilliance. Pretty much everything else. Nintendo proves once again that you don't need trained voice actors to display emotion and tell a compelling story. The story and emotion in this game is bar none, the best in any Zelda game. You actually get a feel for the characters and you might even be able to relate to them and some of their problems and tribulations. The controls rival any other Zelda game as well, the WiiMote and motion plus work so well that the slightest movement actually translates in the game as well. Combat has never been this fun that I find it hard to imagine ever going back to a standard controller for a Zelda game. With the new control scheme, every enemy presents its own unique challenge to beat. From blocking your sword strikes to full out evading. Some enemies and mini-bosses will test you and carrying a fairy with you has never been more important. I like to thing that this is what every person who bought a Wii has truly been waiting for. A game that takes full advantage of the Wii's motion control system.

There was one little annoyance that somewhat hindered my progression at first. I really didn't take well to the fact that my shield kept on breaking. I had to keep on going back and forth to buy a new one and it wasn't a concept I wasn't really getting use to. Now that I've actually spent time on it, I found that in previous games I took my shield for granted. Now you have to take the utmost care in your shield. Because lacking one in battle or in the middle of a temple could come back and bite you. Depending on how good you are and what type of shield you have,well,still, it will require constant maintenance and upgrading. A concept I wasn't too keen on at first but have grown to adapt and somewhat admire.

As with any Zelda game, there are a ton of side quest, many of which will keep you busy even after you've played and beaten the game. Then you factor in all the items to be found and upgraded and just all around playtime. This game should keep one occupied way past the new year.

With all that said, my game of the year pick easily goes to Skyward Sword. In my opinion it may not overtake OoT but this is the best damn Zelda title since and the Zelda game the Wii deserved. People who have bought the system all the years ago on launch day,this is the game and experience they have been waiting for and it has not disappointed. I'm eager to finish this game and then continue to play it long after, its all about replay value and Zelda brings it,each and every time. Anybody who owns a Wii and has not had the privilege to play this game, do yourself a massive favor and pick this one up. Truly and exceptional game, and a high quality title that you could only expect from a Zelda game.

Game of the year: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

Skyrim.

Now, this is a fantastic game, it's much better than Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War 3 (both of which are great as well). The graphics are actually stunning (the water sparkles and the clouds are almost hypnotizing to look at) and the story is epic. The amount of things you can do is pretty cool and there are some very interesting side quests. A good range of scenes and varying enemies make this hard to get bored of. My only gripe with this game is that they should have hired more voice actors (Jarl Baalgruf and Ulfric Stormcloak sound exactly the same). Other than that and the occasional glitch, there's nothing really wrong with this game.

Honourable mentions go to Gears of War 3, MW3, Forza Motorsport 4, FIFA 12 and L.A. Noire.

Skyrim or Arkham City. Both of these games had me hooked, once I got arkham city, I was playing it non-stop til I completed, still am doing the challenges. Skyrim on the other hand is just amazing in general, the graphics the gameplay and the story are all amazing. I love this game too much, and can't get off it.

Honourable mentions go to GoW 3, Fifa 12 and Uncharted 3.

My game of the year is modern warfare 3. It is awesome and i'm really enjoying it a lot. It has a great campaign and multiplayer. I also liked arkham city. It is the best action game of the year. Honorable mention goes to gears of war 3 cause it was EPIC. Who doesn't like killing locust horde with a chainsaw.

My game of the year?

An indie game called Dungeon Defenders (On PC of course, also play it on PS3 to get the two month old nostalgia of what the pc version once was), a four player coop tower defence game. While it has many faults I just enjoy the fact that the higher difficulties (as in the new nightmare mode) are rather difficult (and in fact quite a few challenge are impossible at this stage). I have to say its just fun to hop in a game with 1-3 friends and work on how the fuck can we beat the first boss with no respawning who will instantly kill us if it or many of the other mobs on the map gets a hit on us.

It also helps that the developers are patching frequently (a bit to much at times but what can you do).

My second choice would be portal 2 but damn for a valve game after the 2nd - 3rd play through it was so boring already which is odd for a valve game. CBF with custom maps either. I probably would of chose something such as DE:HR, Batman AC, Skyrim, BF3 etc but my computer is to shitastic to play any of them (Even though i purchased all of them on pc... well to be precise i traded TF2 hats for them, i had quite a few unusuals earlier this year)

Skyrim will be hard to beat, I really think it SHOULD win. LA Noire should get a honourable mention and as for 'Mainstream' (AKA FPS) of the year.. I'd give that title to Battlefield 3. Mainly because it was such a great change from the Call of Duty series which really has dominated the genre since 2007.

Ok, I have put mine into categories and here is what i have.

FPS: I pick Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Adventure/Role-PlayingGame: The Elder Scrolls IV Skyrim

Sport: WWE 12

Open World/Sandbox: Saints Row: The Third

Single Player: The Elder Scrolls IV Skyrim

Online: Battlefield 3

Realistic Online FPS: Again, Battlefield 3

Independant Game: Minecraft

That is all I can think of for now.

What a great year for gaming. While you could make the argument for Skyrim, Skyward Sword and Arkham City to be game of the year, and it would be a very sound argument, there was one game that blew me away far more than those aforementioned.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was game that screamed instant classic as I played it. I had never either of the previous Deus Ex games, for reasons I'm not quite sure of but they were games that, by the sound of them, appealed to me. I always like action mixed with real substance, and that's what Human Revolution is through and through. The gameplay takes all the best gameplay elements from action stealth games. The unique level design, the mature grittyness of Splinter Cell, the fun freedom of the Hitman games. They all came together to create what is, in my mind, the best action stealth game the world has ever seen.

The story was one that really made you think, something I love in games as a fan of Zelda, Heavy Rain and Mass Effect. Everyday morality, the strange human need to make yourself the best, our desire to speed up evolution, humanity's bizarre relationship with technology and whether anyone can govern a whole society. All were touched upon in an epic and intelligent storyline that made you think about our world and our future. And the script was very good and excellently acted.

So yeah, those are my main reasons of many why Human Revoltion is, in my opinion, game of the year. But it didn't win by much and certainly 2011 is a year gamers will look back on fondly.

My game of the year is Skyward Sword but I don't think you can make a call. Both that and Skyrim were released within a week of each other. I've played 75 hours on Skyward Sword and my mate has about the same on Skyrum. If you've played 150 hours of gaming since November you need to go and play outside.

Here's the hidden gems you may have missed.

Nintendo DS

Despite it officially being on its last legs the Nintendo DS offered a ton of great titles in 2011 ranging from Pokemon Black and White to Kirby Mass Attack. Add into that the fact that the 3DS was released this year makes it obvious that a few games would be missed.

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter

This was released in July in Europe, September in North America and Australia had to wait until November. In Europe the game was published by Nintendo but only sold in GAME and Gamestation and it was sold out within three weeks. The game itself is an action adventure game leaning to the RPG side of things. You’re a ‘hunter’ (read agency temp) who does an array of jobs and one of those jobs leads you to obtain a stolen missing file. It’s at this point you end up saving a child and the main story begins. This is definitely worth playing if you can find it somewhere, I resorted to eBay.

Okamiden. The sequel to Okami is all I really need to say. This was released the same week as the 3DS so it makes sense that it was overshadowed.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Published by Capcom you’re a ghost who can travel four minutes before someone’s death to stop it happening. You stop a detective from dying and must uncover the truth behind your death.

Wii

Person one: So which console do you have, Xbox or Playstation?

Me: I have a Wii”

Person one laughs.

The sad thing is that the Wii is known as a kiddie console to the masses but for every Just Dance 2 there’s a Xenoblade so it’s no surprise which Wii game is getting my hidden gem award.

Xenoblade Chronicles

What else can I add that hasn’t been said by Operation rainfall. To me a great game is one that offers the plot points but you actually want to wander about, not because you have to but because it’s intriguing. The story of Xenoblade takes the typical RPG story but gives it a nice twist, it has a battle system that I can see many JPRPGs using in the future and it’s addictive. The music mixes so well with the visuals and there are points where I stop to look up at the Bionis and just think “wow”. Enjoy it next year America.

Lost in Shadow.

Rayman Origins: You can get this for £17.99 at the minute and if you like crazy 90s style platformers this is definitely for you.

Nintendo 3DS

Not even a year old and already we have some hidden gems. The console is all about Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64 3D but what could you have missed?

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

It was the first game I bought for the 3DS after reading about it on Kotaku, I’d never played a game in the Ghost Recon series and frankly it didn’t appeal to me. This game changed that. With a new tactical strategy type game-play akin to Fire Emblem or Advance Wars GRSW has a great mix of story and action The characters may seem generic at first but you really begin to love them, their interactions is something you’d expect from a mid 90s action movie, but that doesn’t bother me at all.

Shinobi: Another reboot but this you can pick up for cheaper than most. Not the best of games but it’s definitely not the worst. Worth picking up for the £15 I’ve seen in places.

Cave Story 3D: A remake of sorts of the great game Cave Story, great to have on the move.

Battlefield 3-Battlefield Bad Company 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. When Battlefield 3 came out i couldn't stop playing. They went with a smaller scale this time. BC2 had such a large scale feel, BF3 felt small in comparison so i was kinda skeptical at first. It took me a while to really adapt to the the game, the the jets and the new additions plus the down scaling were strange, but i came to realize they made the game feel fresh. I game with all the same specs as BF2 wouldn't have truly been an upgrade to the series. At the core of the game is still all the great(and not so great) weapons, skill based vehicles and tight controls i loved from BF2. I was never much of a COD person but i still decide to give MW3 at least a try. It wasn't a bad game, but it just didn't compare to BF3 and I couldn't play skyrim all night the way i could with battlefield. So my game of the year is Battlefield 3

A great year for gaming it has been. I liked Dues Ex and I also enjoyed the re-released God Of War Origins Collection. But I gotta give it to Assassin's Creed: Revelations. From game-play to just straight DETAIL this game had it all. I enjoyed every second of this game and I thoroughly enjoyed the ending.

I don't remember playing anything before Skyrim came out, and I'm not joking. I've got about 80 hours logged in Skyrim, and I had still been playing the living hell out of Oblivion up until a few weeks before it came out. I remember spending some time playing Borderlands but yeah nothing else from 2011 rings a bell.

I can't really pick THE game of the year because it was such a great year in gaming that I have to divide it into genres. So here it goes.

Sports GOTY

NCAA Football 2012 - There really isn't much that a football game can do nowadays to make it fresh. Really, other than new control schemes, there's nothing really around to push football games to do anything better. But even still, I love NCAA 2012. In fact, I loved a lot of sports games this year. I think this year, I spent more money on sports games than any other genre, and I hate sports games. But with games like MLB 12: The Show, NBA 2k12, and Madden '12 it was a really hard year to miss out on this genre. And in case you're wondering, WWE does not count as a sports game to me.

Honorable Mention NHL 2012 (I don't even watch hockey)

Wrestling GOTY

WWE 12 - This is the first year where this is even possible... literally. Other than 2009 when TNA iMPACT and Fire Pro Returns also released along with SVR2010. But going back to the basics, this year featured quite an interesting feature for wrestling games when AAA decided to throw their game into the general public. Personally, I liked AAA. It was a nice change of pace from the WWE games and breathed fresh air. Then there was WWE All Stars, which at first, was a disappointment for me. I'm not a big fan of over the top arcade like games, so it wasn't that great. But then, I re-rented the game a few weeks ago and I found that it was really good.

But even still, WWE '12 takes the win because it's just in a league of its own. With the new features, and a very detailed RTWM which worked oh so well, it was a game that I have no problem pushing into my Xbox again.

Honorable Mention - WWE All Stars

Fighting GOTY

Mortal Kombat (2011) - Forget UFC 3, that game was stupid. For UMvC3, that game was also stupid. And so that's why I love this game. Not only for that, but because it was a nice touch on an old classic. The way they made a parallel universe that allowed for such more freedom was amazing. For example, I've always loved Cyrax... but I can never play him again unless they give Human Cyrax a chance. The storyline and dlc, as well as the online play, were really fantastic and was really a nice spin on things.

Honorable Mention: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Comic Book GOTY

DC Universe (PSU & PC) - If you ever thought that an online MMORPG with unlimited Super Hero creativity could only be accomplished through Cryptic Studios creations... think again. Sony put together a comic book nerd's dreams when he allowed you to create your own super hero and fight in the same battles as Super-Man, Batman, and even Green Lantern. They gave you a great experience that couldn't be duplicated within any other console game. I really loved this game, and don't mind paying for my online subscription pass.

Honorable Mention: Batman Arkham City

Shooter GOTY

Gears of War 3 - Fuck Call of Duty, fuck Battlefield... I don't want to play some cookie cutter shooter where everybody uses the same three weapons and there's no emotion in it other than when you get mad at some 8 year old swearing over your headsets. I want to play a shooter that has all the blood, guts, and chainsaws one can handle. I want to play a shooter that makes me cry everytime someone guillotines my head off. And Gears of War 3 gave me that feeling.

Honorable Mention: Halo Anniversary

Crime GOTY

Saints Row the 3rd - "Fuck you Killbane, I'm saving Shaundi!" literally the one thought that had to be going through everyone's mind who played this game. It was just amazing work done by THQ and Volition that put such a great game together. All of the mechanics worked great, the improved graphics made the presentation so awesome, and the cartoon aspect made the game that much more enjoyable. Unfortunately, they took out a few things that kind of irritated me, but that's gaming in general. I have to say, if someone didn't like this game, then they probably want to watch a few more action/gangster movies. This had everything you could want. Not to mention, Hulk Hogan was in it BROTHER!

Honorable Mention: LA Noire

Roleplaying GOTY

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Finally! Finally the people at Bandai did what the fans have always wanted... They incorporated a small but amazing Create a Z-Fighter and gave that fighter his own interesting and outstanding storyline. I can't tell you how happy I was to finally be able to create my own saiyan and have him become the hero of our world. I just was so amazed that I couldn't stop playing. I mean this game was so engulfing that it had you shitting bricks when you went to face Great Ape Baby, because he was just too over powered and the shit they had you do was so impossible. But even still, the game was just amazing to me and I can't wait to see them expand on it in the future.

Console Exlcusive GOTY

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - I don't own a PS3 nor a Wii, but I have friends that do. I may rag on both of those consoles as opposed to my beloved 360, but in the end, they do produce some really great games. And this past year, Wii took home the title of Console Exclusive with the new Zelda game. This game, though still not better than OoT, was a very fun game to play from what I've got to play so far. It really was like a new world opened up to me and I was learning more about the game's history. It really was a game that I would love to own and play myself, but unfortunately, I don't buy consoles for one game.

For me it was Gears of War 3, the campaign was great and was one of the few emotional shooters I have played, beast was fun, and multiplayer was great up until the last patch. I really enjoyed everything but Epic like usual decided to tweak gameplay and it just turned me off.

I feel like I bought a lot of new games this year but the only ones still sitting proudly next to my 360 in the bedroom and not in a cabinet out in the living room are: Skyrim, Arkham City and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Since I have yet to put MGS in my 360 and since I've played Arkham City twice since bringing it home a month ago I have to go with Skyrim. Great game and I sank a lot of time into it. I didn't have the internet when I started playing it and I got about halfway before it glitched and I couldn't sell anything to anybody or even get speaking options so I had to shelve it until I recently got the internet back. I'm looking forward to doing everything all over again, even the mundane everyday things and in my mind, that is one of the signs that marks a great game.

There's a lot to choose from... Pretty much if I bought it new it was Game of the Year material... besides Duke Nukem...

Just a few I loved that were definitely worth it:

LA Noire
Batman: Arkham City
Call of Duty: MW3
Battlefield 3

There's more but I don't remember all of them...

Why haven't I posted here yet? Dunno but here it goes. Best games of 2011 that I played? Can't say I played a lot of games that where made in 2011 but let me give it a shot here.

So far by far I believe that Mortal Kombat 9 has impressed me the most. TBH I didn't expect it to be this good. It sure made Deadly Alliance look week compared to this. To this day I'm still keeping myself busy in the challenge tower.

So why was it that good? Well to put it simply the controls have really improved since deadly alliance for for sure. I never really liked that there would be 3 fighting styles that you need to master and do combos with. It felt a bit like going old school with those special moves you had in this one.

Although I really loved the simple go to your enemy and just fist pump his/her ass(button smashing is still awesome to this day) you had in MK4 I believe they managed to give some nice depth and more variety here with less complexity.

Not to mention it really felt good that they finally made a bit of a remake for the first 3 games. It really put everyone up to speed and gave much needed story for first 3 Tournaments.

Graphics where good, nostalgia was really there with certain characters and the gore was just off the charts as usual but really presented well in this current generation of consoles.

Story was not that bad really although there where a few flaws here and there. Overall it was a really nice try although I'm still a bit confused about how it meshes with those webisodes of MK Deception.

Also respect for having so much unlockable content although a lot of times much of it felt really pointless. I would really have taken kindly for them giving me more extras for my coins spent.

Also on the down side it really didn't sit right not being able to go to test your might/strike/sight/ luck as I please. It is locked there until you unlock it in challenge tower which was a bit of a drag. But besides these little flaws it was pretty class game.

Anyways other good games I played in 2011 where:

Dead Rising 2: Decent plot , with fun game mechanics combined with weapons of your choice that you could combine in all kinds of silly and awesome ways. The only thing that was really aged where graphics engine since i didn't see any difference in it from first DR. At least they could have tried. Only thing missing was SandBox mode but finally DR2: OTR fixed that.

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Another good game no doubt. Few nice new tricks here and there. Nothing really that special but for few runs it was still decent game experience. Plot was awesome as always so it was a plus. But once again graphics engine was extremely outdated and you could really tell that it was least graphically appealing game of all AC games. They milked the cow for everything they could. Now we only need AC3 and we're all good to go.

Saint's Row The Third:
Only played for about half a day but I can see a good game when it's in front of me. They finally improved the GPS system a bit, graphics look stunning, it's fun and sleazy as always and quantity of choice is huge as always. Come a long way since having having Claude 2 as the main character and GPS that just wants one to go do bad deeds out of frustration.

Prototype: Took me a while to get it but boy oh boy it was worth the wait. By far one of the most fun experiences since GTA Vice City. In this case it was GTA VC mixed with spiderman, superman and Incredible Hulk combined. The pure freedom and awesomeness of this game was off the charts and the story was decent. Main protagonist was a bad ass and it was all good. Only flaw was that at times it felt a bit to heated and you got to much action in battles but everything else top notch. Can't wait for PT2.

Bayonetta: A really sexy DMC clone that really deserves some praise. Who says femme fatales can't make good video game heroins:rolleyes:? Yeah nobody said that. Good story, awesome action, nice graphics and just an overall awesome music score made DMC run for it's money.

Now you must think but those games did not come in 2011? Well yeah but unfortunately you can't just buy all the games that come out in 2011 or you'll be broke before you could blink so my 2011 best game list still stands. My customized 2011 list is as good as any.

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim

This is just an awesome game from beginning to end. The characters, the dialogue, the storyline, the skills system, the arrows to the knees, the combat system, were all just fantastic. The first time i played oblivion, i was like, wow, what could top this. Then i played skyrim. I thought that this game was just amazing, and i still play it twice a week at least.

Honorable mentions- AC Revelations, Fifa 12, Fight Night Champion

Skyrim is also my favorite game of 2011. It was epic, innovative, and the graphics were breathtaking (particularly flowing water). I'm a PS3 owner and I experienced some lag issues, but not as drastic as others have reported, so I had a very enjoyable gaming experience.

I'll give an honorable mention to Arkham City. Great story and some of the best play control I've experienced.

For me, It went to Batman: Arkham City. Every point of it was fantastic. I did play Skyrim and while both were great. I had to give the edge to Arkham City as I never got bored with it.

This is one that I found hard to choose between because I have two in mind and they both are amazing in totally different ways.

Skyrim

I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I had heard of them before I decided to buy Skyrim. I researched what I had missed in all of the other games so anything there would make sense.

Skyrim is one of those games that once you've started playing you don't actually realise how long you have been playing for and one night it was 4am and I had school the next day but I didn't realise because I was playing Skyrim.

My favourite thing about it is that there is just so much to do. Whether you focus on getting all of your skills up to completing all of the quests and Misc objectives; you are never left with nothing to do. The large amount of caves and dungeons to clear out is amazing, and just the detail put into everything is unmatched to anything else I have ever seen. Top game.

FIFA 12

I do not care what anyone says; this is the best FIFA game ever made.

I've bought every single FIFA game since 1998 and they have just gotten better and better and whatever they come up with next year is going to have to be GOTY in order to beat FIFA 12.

The tackling feature brought in made the game so much more challenging and was a welcome addition, as this definitely made the game a lot harder to play for many playing it the first time, and I myself did have to drop back down to Professional difficulty for a while (Usually World Class) in order to get used to the tackling system, but don't worry I got back up there eventually! The Impact Engine, whilst at times can make for some hilarious glitches has overall added to the realism of the series, as we can see what will happen if a real meaty challenge goes in and the effect with would have.

The Online is much much better now, and the Head to Head Seasons make getting to Division One a huge deal, and pains me to say that I can't get any higher than Division Six at the moment.

Gears or Fifa 12.

Problem with fifa is that it is every year so it is not really game of the year it is just the greatest series ever (my opinion)

The story mode in Gears 3 was incredible. Not played much online but i finished the campaign so quickly as i just couldn't get enough. Gears actually engages the player and makes us want to know what happens next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back