What's next for Paul Heyman?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
With Heyman making the announcement on Raw that if Lesnar loses the Universal Title at Summerslam he will leave WWE, what do you think they do with Heyman now? They obviously wouldn't even have made it a point for him to say it if it weren't going to happen, so in my opinion Lesnar is definitely losing it's just a question of who is beating him.

So should Heyman go on to manage a new guy or guys? Should he "leave" also and take an off-camera role? I am hoping they have him turn on Lesnar at SS and help the new champion, becoming their manager. In all honesty, I can see him as a manager for any of the 3 other men involved in the fatal 4-way. The least likely is Reigns of course because then he'd be an official heel, but he could certainly use the help on the mic. Heyman's role would basically be to do the exact same thing he does for Lesnar, which is to hype up a human wrecking ball who doesn't need to do much talking on their own.

He's going to manage Joe. He'll say that when Joe choked him out, he knew he saw a killer. He'll say Lesnar was lucky when he won. This will lead to a rematch of Joe and Lesnar at Mania, and it will OWN.

I don't think Vince feels like he needs Heyman and vice versa. Heyman plays a very good advocate but beyond that Vince probably doesn't want to pay another guy to manage just anyone. So he probably disappears until Brock comes back.

He may just turn on Lesner then you have a angle of Kurt bringing him back and having him feud with Heyman's new client.I hope it is Reigns!

The most ideal situation would be the hypothetical betrayal on Lesnar, siding with Samoa Joe, and building up a brand new beast. Now THAT would be the most interesting turn of events for me that I can think of in a long time. But the problem I see with that is Lesnar and Heyman's legacies in WWE at this point are so intertwined, and the reality is that Lesnar needs Heyman to fulfil the vocal spots if not to build him up any more than he needs. I don't know if I can see Heyman moving on to somebody else in that way, and I don't know how they would justify Heyman sticking around when he has made it clear that he will leave with Lesnar, if Heyman doesn't turn. What I think will happen is Lesnar will disappear until early 2018 when reports are saying he is due to compete at the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 34, and they will both disappear.

I remember watching somewhat of a live interview in front of an audience a couple of years ago. Maybe it was even this year, I honestly can't recall. But it had that Sam Roberts guy as one of the interviewers. Anyway, Heyman said that he would enjoy working with some guys in NXT as somewhat of a producer or something, which I think would be quite a natural fit for Heyman at this point. WWE would retain him within the company and he would be kept happy with a regular job in one location. Plus, if Lesnar was to return, Heyman is right there. Whether WWE wants to keep him on is another story, however. I've always gotten the impression that Heyman isn't well liked by the McMahon's, but perhaps that's just internet gibberish and hopefully I'm wrong. Whatever the case may be with Heyman's future, I hope in some form he remains able to contribute to the WWE product somehow. He's got a great wrestling mind and loves what he does. It's a win-win for anybody who has his talents really.

Honestly though, if nothing else, the favourable situation for me would be for Lesnar and Heyman to stay beyond the April 2018 expiration date.

Is it just me or does Lesnar do just fine on his own in interviews? He seems kind of nervous on the mic when he's out in the middle of the ring, but in pre-taped spots with Michael Cole or whoever, he seems as comfortable as anyone else and not lost without Heyman as his mouthpiece like everyone seems to think. Plus, how often would they need Brock to cut interviews anyway?

I'd really like to see Heyman with a new client, even if he doesn't turn on Lesnar. Maybe when Brock returns, he takes offense to Heyman offering his services to another wrestler while he was away, and that kicks off a program with Samoa Joe, Strowman, or Reigns (the least likely of the 3 imo for reasons I mentioned above). To me, it would just be nice to see Heyman be given something new to work with rather than yelling "Brrrock Lllesnar!" time after time and this would be the perfect time to act on it.

Given that Paul has a pretty terrible track record of working with anyone not named Lesnar I would like to see him go away when Brock decides wrestling has become boring again. Just look at this list of guys who have all been managed Mr. Heyman. Curtis Axel, Ryback, Cesaro, Big Show, Albert, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones. Only guy on that list that is going to be remembered is Show, and even then most people agree that the whole Heyman turning on Brock for Show was an awful story.

Yeah you will try to argue that Punk was a big deal, and he was, but Heyman didn't really elevate him any higher than he already was. Punk was already a star when Heyman came in.

He does have a solid mind backstage, but Vince has given him multiple attempts and fairly or unfairly he has always been the scapegoat for certain failings.

I don't really see how those guys being memorable or not has anything to do with Heyman really. They could've continued to book Axel really strong when they gave him the IC Title, but chose not to. The same goes for Ryback. They thought he was good enough to main event ppvs, but not to take him all the way to the top. Cesaro had the whole world behind him when the Real Americans broke up, but again they decided to hold him back. I don't think much could have been done with the rest of them other than Big Show, but that's not because of how good or bad they worked with Heyman. Heyman has always been solid on the mic in my view and is the last manager standing in a business where guys like him have been completely phased out. I think he brings plenty to the table for a guy who has the in-ring skills, but might lack in the charisma department.

Rhyno is one of the last of the ECW Originals that is still on the WWE roster and he has ties with Heyman. Rhyno fits the mold of a Heyman guy like others who have the look and the intensity but lacks mic skills. I doubt It will ever happen though, it doesn't seem like they ever had big plans for Rhyno when they brought him back to begin with. But if they ever pushed him and built him back up like he was when he debuted in WWE in early 2000s I think it could work.

Rhyno is one of the last of the ECW Originals that is still on the WWE roster and he has ties with Heyman. Rhyno fits the mold of a Heyman guy like others who have the look and the intensity but lacks mic skills. I doubt It will ever happen though, it doesn't seem like they ever had big plans for Rhyno when they brought him back to begin with. But if they ever pushed him and built him back up like he was when he debuted in WWE in early 2000s I think it could work.

I like Rhyno, always have but most of the younger fans will never have seen him in ECW and don't really care about him anyway. I think he could have been a big deal when he came to wwe in the early 2000s and started well but then for some reason he was jobbed out and released. It's too late to make Rhyno a big deal again in WWE which is a shame.

I think if Heyman stays on in wwe and manages anyone else it will be Samoa Joe, and it should be. He's the kind of guy Heyman would have loved to have had in ECW and is one of the few guys on the roster who fits the mould of a 'Heyman Guy'. I think it could be pretty awesome if they go that route. I know people say most of the other 'Heyman' guys have flopped other than Punk and Brock, but Joe isn't a Curtis Axel or Ryback, he's the real deal.

Ideally, I think the best person for Paul to manage would be Roman Reigns honestly. What Reigns lacks, Heyman can do for him. Take the mic out his hand, hand it to Heyman. The Big Dog becomes the new Beast and finally we get the Roman heel run.

Everyone is acting like Roman can't work the mic. There was a period when he was pretty bad when they were force feeding him cartoon lines, but since he started this quasi heel turn he has been among the best on the roster. Go back and watch his promo on the post Mania Raw. He said five words, but he delivered the promo of the year. He milked that crowd, he was playing that crowd like a fiddle. Tweener asshole Reigns is his best character and he doesn't need Paul speaking for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back