What Wrestler could you see going to the MMA?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
I don't think this has been done, and if it has, then it's completely outdated and reviving outdated topics is as valuable as driving the oldest car known to man.

Anyway, with names like Sean O'Haire, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, and now Bautista all leaving the wrestling world for the MMA and with LaBar's blog on the main WZ site, I got to thinking... What active wrestlers in today's world could you see in the MMA environment? Who do you think has the ability to actually survive the harsh realm of the MMA?

Personally, in all honesty, a part of me feels as if Shelton Benjamin or Charlie Haas could fit into the MMA world. They've got the NCAA Wrestling background to help them, and in Benjamin's case he can really deliver some kicks. Another guy from TNA's side of the fence that I always felt would be a great MMA star is Hernandez. Is it me or does he just look like someone you could see in the MMA world?

Kurt Angle is an obvious choice no doubt. He's an Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling. There's no doubt that he would make a great mixed martial artist. To me he doesn't seem like he has the striking ability to become a major threat in the MMA world. But if Kurt gets you on the ground which is very likely, he can make you tap from any and every angle (no pun intended). I could see Kurt in the MMA world, maybe not UFC but StrikeForce or something smaller.

The Undertaker...yeah I said it. The deadman. Just look at him. his stance in the ring alone would get him over in MMA. He looks as if he's a pretty fast striker. He may be old but I bet he can kick some serious ass. The only problem I see is I don't think he can mat wrestle at all. His strikes look good but when he gets locked in a clinch or a submission, it would be over for him. Though he would probably, most likely, get his ass handed to him, I think he has MMA written all over him. I know he probably wouldn't ever do it, but if he were 20 years younger, no doubt he would.

Jack Swagger is another great choice. Like Kurt Angle, he'd be great. I can picture it clearly. He reminds me so much of a Mixed Martial Artist. His in ring skills in wrestling display his abilities to mat wrestle and even strike. It may be an odd choice in your eyes but I think he'd be a perfect fit for the MMA World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back