WHAT was the point?

kc2788x

Occasional Pre-Show
Didn't make sense that the same guys in the faction, the bullet club, turned against AJ styles is also recently signed by the WWE, Gallows and Karl Anderson turned on AJ but is also recently signed. With all 3 working with each other and knowing each other well, wouldn't it make more sense if they're a stable in the wwe. And than just recently they double crossed AJ so does that mean Gallows and Karl Anderson are just scrubs coming in? We know AJ could be wwe champion!

Ummm. You do know that WWE is different from NJPW, right?

If they do an invasion angle, it will involve Gallows, Anderson and Styles, at the very least. They won't be called Bullet Club and their ties to NJPW probably won't be recognized.

Just in case I am not clear, I will state that Gallows and Anderson turning on Styles does not affect the chances of them working as a unit in WWE

In my opinion their ties with each other is and will be recognize because the bullet club has tons, if not, a lot of fans. The recent events was just a few days if not a few weeks ago, which well make fans (AJ and Gallows) like us ponder what is/the point of them turning. It could be that all 3 would be in this years RR. or along the line of all 3 being on RAW. A lot of people has been shocked as of late to see bullet club turning on AJ, I know those fans, the ones that pays attention would be like, they just turned on them there just to reunite in the wwe wouldn't make much sense, It would suck to see Gallows and Anderson misused in the wwe, I think a great angle for them is against
The New Day!

The majority of WWE TV viewers, don't watch NJPW, have no idea who The Bullet Club is, or that Anderson and Gallows turned on Styles. They might recognize Styles from being a huge star in TNA, and maybe Gallows from his previous run in WWE as Festus or Luke Gallows in Straight Edge Society. Fans aren't looking into this history, they want new characters that they can invest in and a fresh story to keep them occupied. A rivalry with New Day would be a good debut, and I would be all for it, but if you are going to do an invasion angle (if that's the plan) do it big and go after Reigns, Ambrose and The Usos

Yeah casuals know nothing about New Japan Pro bruh. Additionally, this is not the 80s and 90s. Other feds aren't 'canon' to WWE anymore. No one's gonna talk about people having held the NWA Tag Titles. Cross-promotion canon was fine in the world where people were jumping ship between territories and the Big Three every week, and changed multiple times in a 5-year span. But that don't fly with McMahon anymore.

We don't even know which of Gallows' two gimmicks in WWE he'll be operating under yet, or if it's a new one entirely (I personally hope he stays Luke Gallows and they acknowledge his past, coz they ARE gonna have to deal with Festus chants).

Hell even Samoa Joe keeping his past ring name was a very special case, and at this point we're only hoping that the same privilege is granted to Styles.

Most people who watch WWE have no idea what NJPW is, so the storylines/alliances/feuds don't matter.

Basically, Styles, Nakamura, Gallows, and Anderson are getting a fresh start. New ring name, stories, feuds, alliances, etc.

I could see Gallows and Anderson teaming but Styles and Nakamura will probably go solo. I'm also very excited about them signing.

AJ could join up with the authority and than turn on them! As for Gallows and Anderson, they could feud with The New day, or the Dudley's. AJ well go solo, as for Nakamura, he needs a stable, otherwise he would fail, Why don't they aligned him with Hideo and Samoa
Joe! I am rooting for AJ to win this years RR, but just imagine if it was Dean Ambrose who tosses over Roman reigns! That would be epic!!

This won't be some sort of joint venture between WWE and New Japan. While New Japan may be the 2nd largest wrestling company in the world, there's a universe wide gap between the two in terms of attendance and revenue. Up until a few years ago, New Japan was hemorrhaging money and they've only made any significant revenue the past few. Between August 2014 and August 2015, New Japan had a revenue of roughly $22 million U.S. dollars whereas WWE's revenue is somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 million.

One reason why you sometimes see joint ventures between New Japan, ROH, the NWA, TNA, etc. is because of mutual business. WWE is more well known and makes more money than all of them combined, so there won't be any sort of business arrangement because WWE gets nothing out of it.

If these guys are indeed coming to WWE, they'll all be given fresh starts. What they've done outside of WWE won't be talked about or mentioned because that's how WWE operates; again, it operates in this way because it doesn't need other wrestling companies whatsoever.

That is what I am saying the wwe probably won't mention it, but the fans will notice, it's the fans that will point that out at house shows, maybe major events. It's from a fans standpoint is all I am saying, money wise, there's a huge currency difference between other countries money value and USA. In other countries USA value of money can be lower, but than it could also be higher depending on the country, so it isn't fair if you based it on money alone. I was talking fan base because a lot, and I do mean a lot of people know who the bullet club is, whether it's crappy TNA, ROH, NWA, New Japan. everyone knows who the bullet club is, I still can't stand the hardy boys wannabes but I hope Gallows succeeds and Anderson, we all know AJ will, a lot of us AJ fans have wanted AJ to come to the WWE for a long time, we finally get our wish!

NFL doesn't acknowledge or reference the AFL because they're the top league in the sport of football. WWE is at the top in pro wrestling so their world is different than the rest. Regardless if fans know where they come from, WWE isn't going to give New Japan or Ring of Honor the luxury of acknowledging them. Instead they will just sign away their talent and re-package them to fit their mold.

You know how much trolls there is in crowds today, for example John Cena, in every arena he goes, trolls will still chant "Cena sucks" and than after the events are over, the same trolls wants his autograph. The WWE executives can't really do much when the fans let them know a match sucks or who they root for, when AJ is in the arena, you'll be hearing "AJ Styles" or "Bullet club" chants and to be trolls to Gallows and Anderson, they could yell out "you screw AJ" Chants, (Imagine that for a debut) even if Gallows and Anderson is repackage. I would love to see AJ win the title at the rumble, than turn on the authority only to have plan B put in play (which is Gallows and Anderson) to try to screw him at every turn with the help of the Authority until Seth comes back, can you imagine a Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles match? That would sell!!

Regardless if fans know where they come from, WWE isn't going to give New Japan or Ring of Honor the luxury of acknowledging them. Instead they will just sign away their talent and re-package them to fit their mold.

Would just like to point out that NXT does indirectly acknowledge NJPW and ROH at times. For instance when discussing Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens, the announcers will call them "former World champions" and in regards to Balor and Itami, their time in Japan is regularly brought up. I'm also pretty sure I have actually heard the NXT announcers mention Ring of Honor by name a few times.

It won't be any different with Styles and Nakamura. These guys won't be treated as rookies when they come to NXT (if they come to NXT), they will be recognized as indie fed legends who both made huge names for themselves around the world. At this point, WWE isn't signing these guys with the intention of re-packaging them or putting them through a long-term building process. They signed them for huge money, which means they'll look to profit off of Styles and Nakamura almost immediately. Thus, they'll want people to know the name value that these 4 (or 2) have outside of the WWE. I'd be shocked to see them re-packaged, especially Styles.

Would just like to point out that NXT does indirectly acknowledge NJPW and ROH at times. For instance when discussing Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens, the announcers will call them "former World champions" and in regards to Balor, his time in Japan is regularly brought up. I'm also pretty sure I have actually heard the NXT announcers mention Ring of Honor by name a few times.

It won't be any different with Styles and Nakamura. These guys won't be treated as rookies when they come to NXT (if they come to NXT). They will be recognized as indie fed legends who both made huge names for themselves around the world. At this point, WWE isn't signing these guys with the intention of re-packaging them or putting them through a long-term building process. They signed them for huge money, which means they'll look to profit off of Styles and Nakamura almost immediately. Thus, they'll want people to know the name value that these 4 (or 2) have outside of the WWE. I'd be shocked to see them re-packaged, especially Styles.

That's because NXT doesn't treat their audience's like their lamewads. Plus you don't see most of the fans in attendance being knee high to a grasshopper. They seem to be a more informed crowd at times, and will know where the new guys came from.

I get the impression that even if they didn't know, the wrestler in question would get a rousing pop, and have a chant made for them by the middle of the match. It's a much different crowd in age groups, and also the main roster is in a different city each week. NXT has the luxury of being based in the same place.

On topic. Hope they leave them alone with the identities they already have. You know how they like to tweak things though, no reason to in this case.

Guys like Joe and Styles are an exception of guys that don't need re-branding, even though I'll argue not everyone watched TNA. TNA had reached levels where they had legendary names on the roster during the height of Styles and Joes runs in TNA so the presence of Hogan, Foley, Sting, ect drew more viewers to that product for a period of time. I've acknowledged these 4 coming to WWE as the company's way at bringing in star power for NXT for their more extensive touring this year. At least I can only assume that's the main reason they were brought in.

Well we do have the founding member of the Bullet Club as the NXT Champion. Finn Balor has been sporting Balor Club attire for a few months, so they could easily fall into that. Balor will most likely be brought up to the main roster after Wrestlemania, so it would be the perfect time to get them together to shake up the rest of the year. That's the way I see it.

Most probably they are gonna form Balor Club with Balor as the leader with AJ Styles, Anderson & Gallows.....As was with Samoa Joe, I hope they dont change the name of Styles.... I can see Shinsuke Nakamura going in NxT solo and maybe team up with Hideo Itami sometime in future!
I hope WWE has really signed them! :rolleyes:

The fans that know about New Japan, will also understand the concept of Kayfabe, and will get over the discontinuity without even thinking.

Yeah casuals know nothing about New Japan Pro bruh. Additionally, this is not the 80s and 90s. Other feds aren't 'canon' to WWE anymore. No one's gonna talk about people having held the NWA Tag Titles. Cross-promotion canon was fine in the world where people were jumping ship between territories and the Big Three every week, and changed multiple times in a 5-year span. But that don't fly with McMahon anymore.

We don't even know which of Gallows' two gimmicks in WWE he'll be operating under yet, or if it's a new one entirely (I personally hope he stays Luke Gallows and they acknowledge his past, coz they ARE gonna have to deal with Festus chants).

Hell even Samoa Joe keeping his past ring name was a very special case, and at this point we're only hoping that the same privilege is granted to Styles.

Taking into account that Gallows looks quite a bit different now than he did when he was Festus, I don't think they need to acknowledge it at all and would be smart not to. If the crowd chants "Festus" .. it would just be another example of smarks being morons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back