What was the first game you ever played?

We shy worth hair
Not sure if this has already been done but if not it's a Pretty simple thread. I want to know what is the first game you ever played and on what console it was on.

The first game i ever played was a demo of Nightmare Creatures on the Playstation 1 when i was 5. The game isn't exactly the most well known Playstation title but i remember when i played that game i shit myself. The game had a scary atmosphere with monsters such as werewolves and zombies coming out of fucking Anywhere! You played as some guy with a stick and could get guns and potions. If i were to count my first ever full game then it would have to be Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back which if you were a child was the greatest game ever made!

Now i ask you what was the first game you ever played and on what console?

Mine would have to be Dangerous Dave 2: The Haunted Mansion on my dad's PC. I was hooked, I wasn't very good but my friend would come round and she'd be pretty good so I just watched her and then copied what she did.

I'm pretty sure mine was the original Mario on the NES, I was about 5 when I started, and I finished it when I was 6, still am an avid gamer today

I remember it, I would have been 3 or 4, I was watching my older brother play Heroes Of Might And Magic II with a friend on his computer. When he left for a moment to get something to eat, i moved up to his chair and clicked auto attack, winning the battle he was currently in and pissing him off at the same time. I have pissed him off many times in games ever since.

I don't really remember. Mario is as good as guess as any since it came with the NES, and we had a Sega Master System, but I just don't remember if we got that before the NES, and if so, what was my first game.

Hey Yo!

I remember the day i first opened my Playstation 1, feels like a centruy ago and i played Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Man that game was awesome and made me a loyal CRash Bandicoot fan for life good times man and good thread.

You know, I've read everyone's post and I feel like the old one here about to post. The first game I ever played was Pitfall, but not on the Atari but on Intellivision. That was good times, second game was Burger Time on the Intellivision as well. My grandparents had an Intellivision and then when I was real young my dad finally pulled out the Atari. Not long after that, I got Mario and Duckhunt with an NES, but I will always remember playing Pitfall first with a t.v. remote instead of an actual controller. Ah the good old days.

Intellivision FOR THE WIN!!!! We had one of those as well...although our addiction was Space Armada and Bump N' Jump.

However, the first game I ever played was Pong. Yeah. That Pong. The mother of all video games.

Depends what platform we're talking about.

The first official game I played was on the Nintendo 64 - Super Mario 64. I think I was around 5-6 years old. Had a really fun time playing it. It was back before I was truly into computers. I was never any good at it though.

My first computer game (that required installation) was Age of Empire 2 Age of Kings. I played it around 7-8 of age. Still one of my favorite games. I've always been a huge fan of strategy games.

And ultimately I guess I could fill you in on the first game I went online with. Medal of Honor Allied Assault. I absolutely loved that game. I've always been a fan of the series as well as Call of Duty. Mostly because of my insane interest in World War 2. I can't recommend going online without an anti virus though.

It's hard to say because when I got the first Nintendo (NES) I believe that Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt came with it. I could be wrong but I do remember playing Dragon Warrior from the beginning. I believe I played a 3 games around the same time. Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. came together. I would spend hours on Dragon Warrior and my dad even played some. My friend was a total ******** at that time telling me if I deleted my game and saved it under something else I could unlock some Warlord or something stupid. I lost my game and had to start all over again. The original Zelda game was fun as hell too, although I never got anywhere.

I think the worst game I got for Nintendo was the Friday the 13th game. I just remember going into cabins lighting the fireplace while constantly being killed by Jason. Another awesome game that was one of the first games ever for me was the WWF Wrestlemania Challenge game. The game was fun back them but looking back now the game was pretty terrible.

The first game I ever played was Mario Brothers. That game use to piss me off so bad when I was younger because I did not have patience to play threw the whole game. It was the game that got my hooked into being a gammer as im sure that is a game that influenced a lot of the people in the group.

I remember my first real system was a sega cd. It was when cd's became the next big thing. I didnt know much about cd's when I was younger so I remember that I would always toss the cd's around the room and the I would wonder why they would not work lol.

The first one I can remember has to be basketball on the Magnavox Odyssey 4000 back in 1979. My folks had bought the Odyssey in 1977 and it's what I broke in on. That system only had 6 or 8 games that were built in, (No cartridges or Cd's) and every one was pretty much some variation of pong.

Strangely enough my very first memory is of playing a video game. It was of Duck Hunt for the NES, with a light gun in my hand, yet at that age, I can only imagine how poorly I did. Of course, that really isn't the point, as I'm sure I was having fun, regardless of whether or not I even knew what I was doing. Since then, I've had quite a fascination with video games, and am proud to call myself a gamer today.

Ermmmm the 1st computer I ever had was an Amiga back when I was like 5 or something like that, my Dad was a schoolteacher and he got all his pupils to do copies of their Amiga games for me, so I ended up with about 100 games for free. Some of the ones I can remember are

Golden Axe
Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 (racing game)
Street Fighter 2
John Barnes European Football 92
Sensible Soccer
Buggy Boy

Thinking back, most of the games back there were sooo bad, but fun all the same! I loved Golden Axe!

Hey Yo!

I remember the day i first opened my Playstation 1, feels like a centruy ago and i played Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Man that game was awesome and made me a loyal CRash Bandicoot fan for life good times man and good thread.

That was my first game too wolfpac it was the most awesomenest game I have ever played at the time. I just recently downloaded that game on my playstation 3.

Hmm.. The first game I ever played would have to be the original Super Mario game. I remember sitting there playing that, instead of going to pre-school. Yes, I've been a gamer my entire life, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

But, the first system I bought on my own was the Sega Genesis. I was in like, first and second grade.. And I saved my lunch money for like, the entire school year and eventually went and got my Sega, which came with like, the first Sonic game, I do believe. Wow, ya' know, this thread is bringing back some memories and makes me feel old at the same time. Some people first game was until the N64, mine was on the original NES. I'm 23, and I feel like an old man. That sucks. lol

On a console, it was Super Mario Brothers on the NES. Despite it being 20 years ago(?), I can still remember the first time I set it up in my mum's living room. It was a great game then and still is to this day. I cannot be bothered to look up the dates but it is possible that I played Super Mario Land and Tetris on the Game Boy before that.

All three may have fallen down my all-time favourites list in the intervening years (probably not as far as you might think though) but I will always remember playing those three games so often.

My very first console was an Atari 2600. I can't remember what the first game i played on it was, but i remember having Pacman, Space invaders and Mr Do amonst others for it. I remember getting my NES and the first Super Mario with it in the pack. I have had many consoles since these 2 (Master system, Megadrive, Game Gear, Amiga 600, Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 , Playstation 2, PSP, and now my XBOX 360) Including several pc's.

I think the first game i played on ps1 was .. Small Soilders .. Its Was Great ....

Even Though I Hated The Film ..

First Game On Ps2 Fifa 2003

First Game 360 Fifa RoadToWorld Cup 2006

First Game Ps3 Was Fifa 2009 ..

I Loved All These Games Altough .. I Have Other Games ... And Consels ..

DreamCast Were The Greatest Thing Ever !

"Can U Dig U Suckkaaaaa " :worship:

I believe some of the first games I played were the Mario Bros./Duck Hunt collection that was out for the NES at the time and I always remembered it being fun and those moments screwing around at four years old playing my parents' old Nintendo Entertainment System from their teen years and just being overly fascinated. It was probably these moments that lead to my love of gaming, especially Nintendo. I also remember playing a lot of Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle, that use to keep me very occupied and I remember it being one of the first games I ever played. It was also a major favorite of mine when I was that.

One of the other early memories I can remember is after the NES broke and seen it's final days, my parents went on too get a Super Nintendo Entertainment System which they bought off friend's of there's at a yard sale. I believe Super Mario World came with it. All I remember is playing this brilliant new system and absolutely falling in love with SMW. What an awesome experience I had playing it, it still entertains me to this day and I continue to play it. Over the decade I have spent playing I have also found every secret there is to that game. SMW is my favorite game of all time on my favorite console of all time: the SNES.

SpoodBeest™;2249857 said:
All I remember is playing this brilliant new system and absolutely falling in love with SMW. What an awesome experience I had playing it, it still entertains me to this day and I continue to play it. Over the decade I have spent playing I have also found every secret there is to that game. SMW is my favorite game of all time on my favorite console of all time: the SNES.

Like i said in my previous post on this thread, i have had many consoles. One that i did not get was a SNES (I had the Megadrive at this time) Although your post about playing SMW reminds me of a great childhood memory! When the Megadrive and SNES were out and rivals, like i say i had the MD although my friend got a SNES and i remember several summers where we would set up the tv and Snes in his back yard and play SUPERMARIO KART for hours and hours. What a great game!!! (this was the original Mario Kart and not the new one which is out for the Wii - although the Wii version is still a fine game, especially online play)
In fact i got a disk for my PC which contains nearly ALL snes games ever released. They are all in alpahbetical folders, so you open up the folder, choose a game and your off and playing. And so therefore many years later i am still regulary playing SuperMario Kart which i believe to be one of the greatest games of all time

I think it was Madden 03 for the GBA. I loved that game. Got it for Christmas. That and some Looney Tunes game. So my first games were Madden 03 and a Looney Toons game. Fun times.

The first ever game I played was one for Atari when I was 3 or something.

The first game I played, enjoyed and still play to this day is the original Zelda. I was between 3 and 10 when I first played it (Don't remember exactly) and I fell in love. The graphics weren't great but the story was great and it was unlike any other game I've played before. This will probably make me a horrible fannoy but I have yet to beat it and that bugs the crap out of me.

Zelda> any other game of it's generation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back