What To Do With Christian?

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
For those who do not know Christian is currently out injured (Yes, once again) after taking a bad fall during WWE's tour in Europe against Sheamus. Now, he has cut one promo since doing so which wrote him off TV for the time being and also attacked Orton and Sheamus on his way out. But, what about his return? What would you do with Christian once he returns?

Has he had his time and done enough to finally hang up the boots and possible enter being a manager for someone such as Daniel Bryan who could do with a guy with mic skills marching him about.?

Does he return and simply continue as the mid-card heel he had been at the time?

Does he return and win the Royal Rumble setting up a match against either the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion?

Or, does he turn face and enter a feud with a heel such as Cody Rhodes? Lets see what you'd do.

I don't think Christian is hanging it up just yet.
Sure he doesn't have the best persona going for him right now, but this is the time where the wwe can revamp his persona.
He can come back as a face and be an upper mid card guy who has the potential to win a whc.
He does well in feuds and can draw money.
I'm sure vince noticed how he was getting bigger pops than blandy boreton when he was a face.
I'm not saying make him the face of smack down but the guy deserves one more run before he hangs it up.

If he comes back as a heel i'd make it the sarcastic heel type he was before Tna.
Not this cry baby who wants to lawyer up because he can't get a shot.
Put the mans humor to use he is a funny guy and can be over as a heel or face he has proven that.

Whatever happens I hope it goes well for him. I myself am a big fan and always has been.

He'll probably come back and continue as a mid-card heel.

It's too early for him to turn face again, unless he wants to turn into another Ken Anderson.

He'll probably continue the whiney, litigious, angle with his heel persona. He seems to generate a decent amount of heat from this.

Christian is a good worker overall, whether he's a heel or a face. However, I don't think he puts enough asses in the seats to continue as a main-eventer for any extended perios of time.

Christian would be great in a manager role, but I don't think Vince is too keen on bringing back stables at present.

By process of elimination, I say he comes back and continues where he left off.

Preferably I'd like to see Christian return as a face, win the Royal Rumble, and go on to WrestleMania to become World Heavyweight Champion, then enjoy a nice long reign with the title. Christian as a heel just doesn't do it for me.

I thought it was great when Christian won WHC at Extreme Rules, The Friday after he got a huge pop and he could have been the next Sheamus. But instead Vince ruined his character and made him a winy cry baby. I think that if he does return he should feud with Rhodes or Barrett he should Rumble and face Byran and the world heavy weight champion, Win and be top face on Smackdown

I thought it was great when Christian won WHC at Extreme Rules, The Friday after he got a huge pop and he could have been the next Sheamus. But instead Vince ruined his character and made him a winy cry baby. I think that if he does return he should feud with Rhodes or Barrett he should Rumble and face Byran and the world heavy weight champion, Win and be top face on Smackdown

Next Sheamus, Christian has done a lot more in Pro Wrestling let alone WWE. He is a name that will forever be remembered within Pro Wrestling whilst Sheamus is still developing. But I do agree, he was better face and when he turned heel all that turned heel were his promo's and clothing. Everything else screams a face superstar.

There is no way Vince has Christian win this years Royal Rumble. I could see Dolph winning it but thats a different topic...

To answer your main question: I think Christian would be be served feuding on raw or smackdown in the midcard for either the US Belt or IC belt. Orton vs Christian in the main event had gotten a little old.

I think Christian could have good battles with someone like Zach Ryder or Jack Swagger (if Christian turned face again). He could become Wade Barretts tag-team partner the two of them worked together nicely before the injury, or he could get a new partner and join the tag-team division once again. R-Truth and Christian could be just as good of a team as The Miz and Truth were. They could do the same type of things as was being done on Raw. Plus Christian was on bored for the conspiracy theory stuff.... when the angle first started.

Christian needs to have a fued with Danial Bryan when he gets backs. They could work good and help DB on his push to the WHC @ WM28.

He's not done yet, he still has gas left in the tank and before getting injured 2011 has been the best year of Christian's career between everything he's achieved and all the amazing matches he's been invloved in. As for what he will do when he returns I expect to see him come back and keep on doing what he has been, keeping a spot in the upper mid card where Sheamus is and being the whiney complaining heel that he plays so well. I think his business with Sheamus is and should be over now and I could see him possibly returning and feuding with Big Show after Show finishes up with Mark Henry. I would like to see him go up against Kofi because I think that those two could give us some magical matches and the heat could be pretty good, but Kofi is a little too low on the totem pole right now for that. Christian will return sometime before mania, he will not win money in the bank and he will continue to be one of the top guys on Smackdown.

I doubt Christian would just retire. He still has lot to offer.

I read before that the company doesn't see him as a "face of the company" type of talent but a reliable hand and that is the way he's gonna be booked: Most of the time at the midcard(Upper or lower) putting over upcoming young talent and at times at the main event feuding with the champion. It doesn't matter if he's heel or face because this guy is very talented and could pull both roles effectively.

I do hope he feuds with Daniel Bryan in the distant future when the latter is already a World Champ.

I'm sure he'll be back soon, and he has got to be a heel. It would be stupid to screw up the best run of his career by turning him face. Christian gets a legitimate, natural reaction from the crowd as a heel, whereas his most recent face run felt kinda off. The people weren't fully behind him like they would need to be. As a heel, he can jump back and forth between the mid card and main event at anytime without notice, kind of like Jericho. When he does return, a feud with Daniel Bryan is what I would most look forward to seeing. Both guys need something to do leading to the Rumble and eventually Mania. Bryan needs someone to help him get over more, which I'm certain Christian can do with his mic work, and needs to start looking like a true contender against a main event guy. His match with Henry was a great start, but this will do wonders for his momentum. We'll get some fantastic matches out of this, I'm sure, and Christian can be considered the guy who got Bryan as over as he'll need to be. Basically, Christian will come back and be the new Jericho, putting over young talent and jumping into the main event whenever they need him to.

I certainly don't think he needs to retire, but I think he does need to remain in the upper mid card and work with the up and coming guys, guys like Ziggler, Cody, Daniel Bryan, and Ryder. Think of the possibilities with all of these guys and several others. There's so many benefits, not only do the younger guys get the rub. Not only could it keep Christian relevant. It would also make for some pretty damn good matches. I like the idea of him returning as a face at the Rumble and winning and maybe challenging someone like a Mark Henry at Wrestlemania, however, that's been done to death, so I don't know if it would work. Plus I would prefer to see someone like Dolph Ziggler win the Rumble.

I have THE perfect idea for the return of Christian. As we all know, his current gimmick and character is terrible, and obviously not working. So what we're going to do is completely repackage him! First he's going to need to shave off all of his hair. Then it's off to JCPenny with him, because he's gonna need to find a really nice dress shirt and pair of Kaki pants. If he could also head over to the GAP and grab a bright-ass scarf, but not actually use it for its intended purpose...that'd be great!

Basically, we're going to go from a whiny bitch...to a whiny bitch who drives around a golf cart. We're also going to need to repackage Mark Henry as his man-servant. Sorry if that's not exactly politically correct... We'll call him Kermit Blue, and he shall be the greatest tennis player of all time! Oh, he will occasionally wrestler as well. You know...because everyone needs a hobby.

Christian is fine as is. It's actually kind of disappointing that he never gets to spend any significant stretch of time without some sort of injury and outside circumstance taking him out. Even worse since he was finally seeing main event status, and had won the World Title twice! I don't think Christian is nearing the end at all. I can understand the correlation of Edge having to retire, but he's still got a few years in the bank if you ask me. He's not going another 15 or anything, but I think he could possibly win the World title if he comes back and keeps up the same quality of work and draws the same amount of heat. Although if he stays away too long, he may very well lose his spot to Wade Barrett, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, the Miz, Cody Rhodes, etc.

Christian is the second biggest heel on the show behind Henry and was the biggest heel when he was champion. He will definitely be in the upper midcard to main event for a while longer and I see another title run in the future as they would be stupid not to. He has the best mic skills on Smackdown and is one of the best performers in the ring in the world always putting on great matches so I see him being relevant for a while as long as they book him right.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3559660 said:
I have THE perfect idea for the return of Christian. As we all know, his current gimmick and character is terrible, and obviously not working. So what we're going to do is completely repackage him! First he's going to need to shave off all of his hair. Then it's off to JCPenny with him, because he's gonna need to find a really nice dress shirt and pair of Kaki pants. If he could also head over to the GAP and grab a bright-ass scarf, but not actually use it for its intended purpose...that'd be great!

Basically, we're going to go from a whiny bitch...to a whiny bitch who drives around a golf cart. We're also going to need to repackage Mark Henry as his man-servant. Sorry if that's not exactly politically correct... We'll call him Kermit Blue, and he shall be the greatest tennis player of all time! Oh, he will occasionally wrestler as well. You know...because everyone needs a hobby.

Christian is fine as is. It's actually kind of disappointing that he never gets to spend any significant stretch of time without some sort of injury and outside circumstance taking him out. Even worse since he was finally seeing main event status, and had won the World Title twice! I don't think Christian is nearing the end at all. I can understand the correlation of Edge having to retire, but he's still got a few years in the bank if you ask me. He's not going another 15 or anything, but I think he could possibly win the World title if he comes back and keeps up the same quality of work and draws the same amount of heat. Although if he stays away too long, he may very well lose his spot to Wade Barrett, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, the Miz, Cody Rhodes, etc.

That idea is possibly the greatest i've ever heard. If Christian drove to the ring in a golf cart and had a bright ass scarf I think i'd cry laughing. I don't see why everyone hates his heel character so much right now, sure it isn't as epic as his Captain Charisma heel personna, but I prefer this Christian to a face Christian. Christian as a face was never going to accomplish anything huge, he won the WHC but it was clear that they had no interest in a face Christian holding the title considering they took it off of him right away. Christian's only hope of making it to the top again is staying heel, I wish he would be more like his Captain Charisma gimmick, but hell, I'll be happy when he comes back and probably has an awesome wrestling fued with Daniel Bryan. Hopefully eventually he'll get a chance at the WHC again too. His best gimmick was the Cap'n Charisma heel from 2003-2005, that got him one WWE title shot which he lost, people seem to love him as a face, where did that get him? WWE Superstars regular for a period of time, ECW Champ. Whiny, lawyer-up heel = WHC... And hey, he's still pretty funny in this role, enjoy the humor!

The great thing about someone like Christian is that he is going to be excellent no matter what role they put him in. He could return as the top level heel he played this summer. Or perhaps he will return as a face, ready to win the Royal Rumble and be a part of the world title scene at Wrestlemania. Christian VS Bryan anyone? The thing is.... Christian will come back ready to steal the show once again. He has found himself in a spot similar to guys like Michaels or Jericho. He's consistently stealing the show and being the best at what he does. I can't wait to see Christian come back no matter what role he is placed in, regardless of his face/heel status. I think he will return as a heel world title contender. A Wrestlemania feud with Bryan would be perfect for a show stealer, and the promos leading up to it could be great too. We are missing out on good matches the longer he is out. The best case scenario would see him return in time for TLC, but we will have to wait and see.

Frankly, I believe he returned from TNA for the money, which was probably a wise decision, given that he's pretty deep into his career. In the good shape he's in, he can most likely remain an active competitor for a long time, if he wants to.

But I think he was promised a title run after spending lots of time in the nether-region of the company (ECW).....and now that the title run has come and gone, it's time for Christian to return to the midcard, which is where he really belongs.

In some ways, Christian is like The Miz, in that he can stir up as much trouble with his mouth as with his work in the ring. So, like Miz, I think they'll use Christian as a character in the upper-midcard, with occasional forays to the top of the program when a solid, veteran presence is needed.

We might even see him fight for the title here and there, although I doubt he'll ever again win it.

Frankly, I believe he returned from TNA for the money, which was probably a wise decision, given that he's pretty deep into his career. In the good shape he's in, he can most likely remain an active competitor for a long time, if he wants to.

But I think he was promised a title run after spending lots of time in the nether-region of the company (ECW).....and now that the title run has come and gone, it's time for Christian to return to the midcard, which is where he really belongs.

In some ways, Christian is like The Miz, in that he can stir up as much trouble with his mouth as with his work in the ring. So, like Miz, I think they'll use Christian as a character in the upper-midcard, with occasional forays to the top of the program when a solid, veteran presence is needed.

We might even see him fight for the title here and there, although I doubt he'll ever again win it.
Ummmm how does he belong in the midcard? Did you even watch Smackdown this year? He was the top heel for a long time having one of the feuds of the year with Orton. He is still the second top heel and has the best mic skills on Smackdown and all of us know how good he is in the ring. Christian could easily be put back into the main event scene at any time. Mark Henry has had a successful title reign but after this I can't see him being anything I mean as soon as they start booking him poorly he will go back to what he was for 15 years. Christian has many feuds left in him and I'd say another title shot or two I think his 'one more match' argument will come to fruition one day soon.

If they do drop the ball and send him back to the mid card permanently it would be a huge waste as who else is going to be the top heel after Henry? Rhodes and Barret are on the rise but both aren't ready to be that guy just yet.

This has been the best year in Christian career, as a singles wrestler. He has become a big part of the blue brand. His program with Orton was excellent. It would of easily been the feud of the year if it wasn't for Punk's shoot promo. He was having quality matches with Sheamus before he got hurt.

Christian basically replaced Jericho. He should be used in both midcard and main event spots. I wouldn't be shocked if he wins the world title again sometime down the road. Winning MITB next year would be perfect for Christian's gimmick.

Look at SmackDown during its peak.. you had guys like Taker, Lesnar, Angle, Edge, Eddie, Rey, rapping Cena etc etc all on the same show. Henry recent success shouldn't have an effect on Christian. Their is no one currently on SD that plays Christian type of heel character.

Christian is that solid midcarder who can be a credible main eventer, and can be a good heel or babyface. he's sort of like a smarmy version of Kane. he's never going to be over enough to be the star of a show, but he's good enough that you can sort of plug him in anywhere. There is no shame in that. The company needs guys like Christian. People like JBL, Kane, Hardcore holly, etc made a very good living in similar roles. Getting paid 500-800k/year to live a dream and do it for a long time isn't exactly a bad thing.

Christian is that solid midcarder who can be a credible main eventer, and can be a good heel or babyface. he's sort of like a smarmy version of Kane. he's never going to be over enough to be the star of a show, but he's good enough that you can sort of plug him in anywhere. There is no shame in that. The company needs guys like Christian. People like JBL, Kane, Hardcore holly, etc made a very good living in similar roles. Getting paid 500-800k/year to live a dream and do it for a long time isn't exactly a bad thing.
He was the star of the show when he had the title and was easily the most over heel. He is now the second most over heel and as soon as Henry's run is over I imagine Christian will retake that place again so if he's not over enough to be the star heel don't know who else will be.

He was the star of the show when he had the title and was easily the most over heel. He is now the second most over heel and as soon as Henry's run is over I imagine Christian will retake that place again so if he's not over enough to be the star heel don't know who else will be.
He wasn't the star. The show was about Orton. Orton is the star of SD, he's the most over guy. Also, being the second most over heel on the number 2 TV show pretty much cements my comparison of Christian to Kane. Really, so does everything else you said. How often would Kane go up to the main event and be the center of attention while he wreaked havoc and then go back down the card? It's the same thing. Replace electrocuting Shane McMahon's nuts with whining and complaining and acting like a chicken shit and it's the same thing.

Christian isn't this super over heel. He's a solid vet worker who can generally get what you need done. The IWC should get off his nuts. He's great at the job he does but let's not pretend the normal people give as much of a shit about him as the IWC seems to.

He wasn't the star. The show was about Orton. Orton is the star of SD, he's the most over guy. Also, being the second most over heel on the number 2 TV show pretty much cements my comparison of Christian to Kane. Really, so does everything else you said. How often would Kane go up to the main event and be the center of attention while he wreaked havoc and then go back down the card? It's the same thing. Replace electrocuting Shane McMahon's nuts with whining and complaining and acting like a chicken shit and it's the same thing.

Christian isn't this super over heel. He's a solid vet worker who can generally get what you need done. The IWC should get off his nuts. He's great at the job he does but let's not pretend the normal people give as much of a shit about him as the IWC seems to.
Lol always with this IWC crap like it's some different identity to normal fans. You are stuck in the past bro. Zach Ryder and CM Punk were supposed to be 'IWC' darlings and look they are 2 of the most over faces in the company. The IWC and just the WC is the same thing man stop acting like they are two separate things and that everyone on the IWC has the same opinion.

I said Christian was the top heel of the brand and he will easily re take that place in the future as Henry's run will be over as soon as he looses the title and isn't booked as well. Fans in arenas do care about him you idiot that's why he's one of the most over heels in the business. He is a lot more over than Del Rio that's for sure and he's supposed to be one of the top heels.

Again thinking the IWC is one entity and they are different than 'normal' fans is really stupid especially with social media and WWE promoting it on their own show. I think you think it's still the 90's or something as you are completely out of touch if that's what you really think.

Christian was SD's premier traditional heel this year (with Henry as its premier monster). He was clearly way over with the fans, put on great matches with everyone, but especially Orton. I see no reason not to push him to the top card when he returns.

Lol always with this IWC crap like it's some different identity to normal fans. You are stuck in the past bro. Zach Ryder and CM Punk were supposed to be 'IWC' darlings and look they are 2 of the most over faces in the company. The IWC and just the WC is the same thing man stop acting like they are two separate things and that everyone on the IWC has the same opinion.

I said Christian was the top heel of the brand and he will easily re take that place in the future as Henry's run will be over as soon as he looses the title and isn't booked as well. Fans in arenas do care about him you idiot that's why he's one of the most over heels in the business. He is a lot more over than Del Rio that's for sure and he's supposed to be one of the top heels.

Again thinking the IWC is one entity and they are different than 'normal' fans is really stupid especially with social media and WWE promoting it on their own show. I think you think it's still the 90's or something as you are completely out of touch if that's what you really think.
Ryder isn't an IWC darling at all, he's a modern superstar. IWC darlings can't talk and do a lot more moves than ryder. When I refer to the IWC, I'm referring to the typical move/flip counter who yells BOTCH anytime someone slips.

CM Punk's character has changed a LOT over the past 3 months. He's nowhere near as smarmy as he was and he's more of a straight up babyface fighting authority.

Don't confuse people who post on twitter with people who post on here. It's not the same. If the IWC and the normal people were the same, then it would be a uniform audience and Cena wouldn't get a mixed reaction.

I'm not saying Christian isn't over, I'm saying he's not this super amazing over main event heel that people on here think he is. He's in Kane's role, I don't even see how that's an argument.

You're right though, the IWC doesn't all have the same opinion. Luckily, many people have started to see it for what it is. You don't hear the phrase "workrate" or "botch" or "moveset" as often as you used to. It's because either the fat virgins got a life or because the IWC has finally started to listen to...everyone else and sees pro wrestling in a different light.

However, there is still a huge portion who think the old IWC way. Maybe I should rename the group of people I'm talking about. "Internet wrestling community" would technically include twitter followers etc. Maybe I'll just call the people who count moves and flips "the morons"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back