What to do when Evan Bourne returns?

bxbigshow

Getting Noticed By Management
It has been reported that Evan Bourne will miss about 4 months do to a shoulder injury. On television he was taken out by C.M. Punk so he is now written off of television. My question is what would you do with Bourne for/with his impending return. Would you keep him a the spot monkey jobber role that he's played so far? Link him with a tag partner a put the Michigan State...WWE Tag Team Titles on hime? U.S. Title?

Please discuss....

My thoughts, while I am not the biggest fan of his, I think he has a following that can allow for a mid-card run. I think his biggest fault is his lack of mic skills, and also mic time, one most likely leading to the other. But this is what I would do:

While he is gone he needs to work on his promo skills, do this by him leaking YouTube vignettes. NOT MATT HARDY style, but more like back in the day Ricky Steamboat training/recovery vignettes. Something to let his fans no that he is working hard to get back into the ring as soon as possible.

Have WWE give him the "Surprise Royal Rumble Entrant" spot. Have a spot in the match where then U.S. Champion C.M. Punk clears the ring like previously. Have the theme music of whomever he is currently feuding with (lets say D. Bryan) start, and Evan runs out and wails on Punk. Even eliminating him in the process, let Punk run in later to throw Bourne over...insta-feud.

Let Bourne cut the promo on Raw that he and DB traded spots (lets say DB came in later 22-27ish...probably advancing his own move to the main event), because he wanted Punk right then all to himself.

Just a thought...

I would make him come back before mania and maybe be one of the surprise participants being in the money in the bank if it still is around for mania. If not, then maybe put him in a program against Kaval or Rey Mysterio. Send him to Smack Down because at least he has more of a chance there than on Raw. I firmly believe he will never win a major WWE title though, but he is good to have around to have some great matches and work as a jobber like Matt Hardy.

Put him in a revenge angle with Punk. It would probably be better if it involved a title. Bourne can really use some seasoning on the mic so maybe he can work on his promo skills while he's out before entering into a program with Punk. Punk is very versatile and can work an angle with anyone on the roster and make it entertaining. This can be a good thing for Bourne if booked correctly.

They should use him to bring back the Cruiserweight title. Run little backstage segments of guys being taken out backstage, or in the parking lot. Then have him cut a promo on the big screen using some kind of disguise, whether it is a luchador get up or just a ski mask and use one of those voice modifiers so that no one knows who it is. He will tell the GM of either show that these attacks won't stop until his demands are met. When the GM ignores him have an entire group of these cruiserweight wrestlers in disguise interrupt another match involving a mid-card champion and once again demand that the title be reinstated. This will go on until the mid-card champion manages to unmask one of the disguised wrestlers to reveal that it is somebody like JTG or Tyson Kid, then the rest of the guys in disguise finally reveal themselves to the champion as they beat him up yet again, and Evan Borne unmasks himself on the big screen.

The champion would want revenge and ask the GM for a match against Borne, to which Borne would agree under the conditions that he would put his career on the line for a chance to reinstate the cruiserweight title with a win over the enraged champion. He wins, thus bringing back a division that could utilize guys like Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Chavo, Kaval, and other guys who put on great matches(just watch one episode of SUPERSTARS) when they are given the chance, and Borne could finally get a championship run.

The most obvious route to go with Bourne is a return angle getting back at Punk for what he did. While I'd like to see that as it could elevate Evan I doubt it goes down. Last time Bourne was injured we had him appearing on Raw on crutches and getting attacked by Knox. They could do this just have Knox be replaced with Punk as the bully. That is if they wanna go that route. Have some vignettes showing Bourne's high flying stuff and his energy he brings each week and show them on Raw to hype his return. Have him get what Punk considers a fluke win and have a quick PPV match between the two to end the feud.

He has zero mic skills. We all know that. So, he should come back and have a fued/tag team with someone who has awesome mic skills. Eg. Punk. He could elevate himself to upper mid-card by doing this followed by a U.S title run and can also learn good mic skills. But I think WWE dropped the ball when he was having a fued with Y2J.

I would agree with the above. Have a quick few matches with Punk to give him some credibility back and then have Bourne get back into the shuffle of things.

Is it just me or do you think Bournes more suited to be on smackdown? Management were at a time trying to utilise him and then backed off with the idea.

Pretty much just throw him back into what he's already doing. The mid-card kind of jobbing / semi important talent to make others look good and strong. Evan Bourne is most likely never gonna amount to much more than that in WWE. If he were, he would've gotten around for at least a championship match in the mid-card by now. But he hasn't had anything of importance ever since he got to RAW, or for that sake not much in ECW either.

Evan Bourne is the type of wrestler that makes others look great. He is more or less the modern day WWE hired enhancement talent. Sure he wins a match every now and then, but he still makes his opponents look strong when he wrestles them.

He looked like he was about to get a push when he feuded with Chris Jericho. However, it seems like that was quickly dropped. Evan just isn't the championship material, or big feud material either. He doesn't have that kind of legitimacy that will have people buying him as a champion. But then again, Jeff Hardy became world champion.. So hell if I know. But I don't see him doing anything different when he returns.

i think evan bourne is destined for a future endeavers on wwe.com. its so sad. i actually miss the days of wcw nitro when someone like evan bourne would fly and flourish. win titles and amaze the crowd. he is such a great wrestler. innovative and stylish. but he is small and yes his mic skills are subpar. mic skills can be remedied tho. as long as the cruiserweight belt is never reinstated guys like him and jtg amoung others will disappear, casualties of vince's prejudice toward smaller men. why invest in them on ur show if u just make a mockery of there career. tnt comes in small packages vince. and thats one reason the wwe is floundering today. vince is too narrowed minded and stubborn to give these guys a real go. sad but true.:disappointed:

Let him return to cost punk a championship bout and let them have classics. That's what I think, personally.

Punk could handle the build up, and both can handle the in-ring stuff. It just makes the most sense to me. I love both of these guys in the ring.

They could make it that CM Punk seems geared up for a title run and really push for it to seem that way. Then, just as soon as everyone forgets out Bourne, he can come back. He might even be back JUST in time for WrestleMania 27. It would be a great match for the PPV.

I dont see a Punk vs Bourne feud happening. At most they'll have a single match with Bourne going over (maybe).

Punk is out of Bournes league as of now. A feud with him could do wonders for Evan but I really dont think that he'll be in for a push when he returns. He'll continue doing what he was doing and that is to wrestle random matches.

I can see him coming back after the draft idk when it is but I heard them mention on raw whoever wins the Bragging rights match gets first pick. Id put Evan Bourne on smackdown just show who could be with the likes of Chavo, Kaval, Kofi, Mysterio guys that are his size that way he can be utilized more.

There are two roads the WWE could go down with this. They could put him on Smackdown, feud with Rey, Kaval, Ziggler, Kofi or whatever, or he could return feud with Punk, which could lead to another road of a mid card title, or he may get lost in the shuffle to where he was pre injury. If he goes to Smackdown, there is a bigger variety of wrestlers to feud with. To his full potential.

Bourne is god at selling moves and his SSP or Airbourne is nice but that's it.....Like there's nothing more interesting about him (for me at least). I just don't see anything more to him. I see him best used to put other wrestlers over. I frankly don't care what storyline he has when he comes back. Just as long as he has mildly entertaining matches then I'm happy.

To answer your question, I see a revenge match/feud with CM Punk for a while and then back to jobberland.

It seems that they've been trying to give him a push to at least something that wasn't an over-selling jobber, but just haven't found the right time. I think this is evident by the fact that he was, at one point, being introduced by John Cena. Now that he's injured and out for a few months, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back at an advantageous position, albeit a little less smiley.

They did the same thing with Kofi Kingston. Guys who are smiling and laughing all the time with absolutely no intensity to offset their constant non-threatening moods have always had trouble being over with the crowd, simply for the fact that they're non-threatening. Give him the gimmick of someone who's being sick of pushed around, and let him float around the upper midcard, like Kofi's currently doing.

I think theres big plans for evan...they juast need to let him work on his mic skills and i think the revenge fued with punk would help him out alot the last fued he had with jerico never left room for promos...so if done right evan would have no choice but to pick up his mic game to fued with punk.

I don't think I would put him in the title picture yet especially right after he returns. The obvious thing to do would put him in a major feud with CM Punk saying that Punk attempted to ruin Bourne's career. The two of them could have an amazing feud which could lead to Evan being an actual mid-carder and maybe actually getting a title (finally). But then he would have to stop doing that stupid jobber stuff.

As for a storyline, Bourne could show up at the Elimination Chamber PPV and ruin Punk's chance of winning the WWE Championship (I know sounds like a copy of what happened between HBK & Taker but the EC PPV is in 4 months, the RR would be too soon but that could work too if he recovers in time). Then Punk/Bourne could have a feud which leads to a match in Wrestlemania which woulc get them 8 RAW episodes to move on with the feud from Elim. Chamber to WM.

HES INJURED AGAIN!? injury prono <_<

Some1 mentioned a cm punk revenged thing and when i got to thinking it makes much sense. But i think it should be a a transatory fued drifting into the US tittle scene and ending up as a DB/ bourne fued. Bourne is injury prono and that dosent help a superstars becuase hes less reliable.

I have made it clear that Evan Bourne is one of my favorite up and coming superstars but I think unless he's goes to Smackdown when he returns, Evan will just end jobbing to superstars again. A fued with CM Punk is a great idea but I think CM Punk has gone to RAW to be a main eventer again so it most likely won't happen. I think they should send Bourne to smackdown and have him team up with Rey Mysterio and challenge whoever the tag team champions are in four months. teaming Evan up with Mysterio will be a huge boost for his career and then finally he can actually make PPV's regular and possibly win a championship

Evan bourne is going to be huge someway down the line, but it depends how they push his character, personally it would be nice to see him have a mean streak when he comes back but remain a face.

I don't see the IT appeal in Evan Bourne. Probably because he has literally no character/personality on WWE TV. I also can't remove the idea that he's WWE's response to AJ Styles in that it's their way of saying "SEE, GUYS LIKE AJ ARE NOT SUPERSTARZZ" --- so they bury Bourne all the time. Anyone else notice Bourne's push died when he started interacting with RKO around MITB? This doesn't sound clever at all, but I have to say it.. Randy Orton should now be called the Push Killer (Kofi, MVP, Bourne).

With all that said, they could hype up his return with surgery/rehab updates and vignettes.. they COULD. But they won't. By the time he returns the main event landscape will look different. You'll probably have Miz or Barrett as WWE champion, Danielson and Punk would have just concluded their feud, Cena (hopefully) probably still in Nexus.

And what money or interest is there in a Punk/Bourne revenge match? We have no collective investment in Bourne as a character. And as someone else noted earlier, Punk's out of Evan's league.

Bourne has already proven that he can have the IT factor if the WWE lets him. I think that he had a good little feuds with Jericho, Orton and even Sheamus. If the WWE wants a new high flyer or underdog, then Evan Bourne is one of the best they could choose

What should they do with him? They should give him something to fucking do! That&#8217;s what!

The thing about Evan Bourne is that he can be the next big thing (so to speak) for the WWE, if they would allow him to be. He could, honestly, be the next Rey Mysterio character in the WWE and all it would take for that to happen is the WWE having a little faith in him. Really though, I think the damage may have been done to his rep in the WWE by now because of the way they have treated him before his injury. Let&#8217;s face it, people already have their minds made up on Evan Bourne because he has been uninspiring at times. However, it really isn&#8217;t his fault. The fault lies with the WWE not having any confidence in his abilities and it could turn out to be their loss.

Really, I think that Evan Bourne could do anything when he comes back and although his injury is unfortunate, it could give us a resurgence in his career when he comes back. People will want to see him come back because he is quite exciting at times. He has feuded with people like Sheamus and Chris Jericho and it has shown me that he can cut it at the top level. When he comes back, I would love to see him feud with CM Punk. Really, I think it could be a good feud for both of these guys depending on what CM Punk is doing at the time of Bourne&#8217;s return. I have a feeling that both of these guys could be great foil for the other and seeing some of the matches they would have would be very exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back