What religion do you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptd

HxC
I know this is a risky thread to be starting, but with freedom of speech and opinion there shpuldnt be a reason why it should not be made. Just DO NOT critisize people of their religion or try to convert them or anything

So here we go my religion of choice is to be an Atheisy. Why you ask? I'll explain.

I have read many books on Atheism, and I'll sum up most of what I learned. I learned that religion spoils everything...it creates wars and controversy. I strongly believe Darwin's theory of evolution. People may ask in this complex world how was it created without a higher being of some sort(god)? Well it's quite simple in a confusing way. We all started as single form bacteria in the water. From there they turned into higher and more intellect forms of life...eventually getting to some sort of fish. After that some "freak" was born and had the abillity to live on land. They reproduced on land time and time again until we had different land animals. In the long run after many years the most complex form of life was created, the human. Scientists say if we trace back of most relitivley close living creatured we evolved from was the monkey. That simple.

Also, I think it's ridiculous the idea of hevan and ell. The concept is just way too out there to be true. When you die its quite simple. Just like a computer breaking down it losses it's memory and everything. It never knew it worked at all. Same with us...our brains shut down and thats the end ofit. Theres just nothing. Simple but hard to think of.

I could say more of my views, but don't wont to go to far or offend anyone.

My religion is Judiasm.

I am Jewish.

I am not super super super Religious...I just don't eat pork and I dont mix Meat products with Milk Products. I keep my Sabbath (from Friday afternoon till Saturday Night)

I pray when ever i get a chance (which is only in school...since i go to a private school)

I keep the holidays as well...i fast when i have to

and I had my Bar Mitzvah at 13.

Another point to Ateism is this question i thought up..

You may think God made everything but lets turn this around..what exactly created God?

nothing created G-d.

He was always there. G-d is above time...don't forget.

Explain how? There has to be theory or proof behind reasoning.

I'm not critisizing I;m just interested to see how non-Atheists think about this.

I just got done reading The God Effect. A great book. It sates how we are just like every other animal our purpose of living is to REPRODUCE. There is no after life. Live a great life, reproduce, have fun...because someday you'll never even knew you were alive at all.

Well...in my religion:

Every single person is going to hell.

And the maximum amount is 12 months...1 whole year. But that 1 year has the same feeling of a whole life time.

and then after u serve ur sentence in hell for all the bad sins...u go to Gan Eden. (That is pronounced like that in hebrew) Translation: The Garden of Aiden.

How is G-d above time...because he controls everything. When ppl die...how ppl die...he knows everything. G-d is the creator of the world.

And that whole bull shit thing with people saying that Jews have horns...is stupid. It is because they saw Moses come down from Mount Sini with Beaming Lights coming out of his heads. I never learnt about that yet...so i wouldnt know why he had beams of lights like that.

i dont follow a religion
I just study the bible w/Jehovah's witnesses and sometimes go to their renunions

well what is your mother? Like what religion is hers? Is she Indian? Russian? Catholic? Christian? Muslim? What? Because wtvr's ur mom...thats you.

Well actually,

I don't know...bc the ONLY way u can be Jewish is if your mother is Jewish. Obviously u can convert but still.

I am Catholic by birth, but my perception of religion changed drastically in High School, (I wen to a private school, where the principals were Priests) so, when I saw the level of corruption, the lies, I even watched a Priest harassing a girl! so, since then, I've changed my ways, I don't go to church (only when the wife calls for it, but I'm living in the US she is in Mexico, go figure) I only pray to something or someone who is beyond me, for my family and friends, and basically, that is all. I know that not every single preach is a piece of shit like the principals in my HS, but let's face it, they are HUMANS, if they were "divine" persons, we wouldn't hear about Sex scandals with priests, corruption/money scandals, Spying and conspiracy scandals, and I could keep going and going...
I prefer to think that the only persons who can save us are OURSELVES.
I respect religions, don't fool yourselves, it's only that I can follow them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back