What really makes a WWE star.. a star.

A

Andrew5010

This is clearly, my own opinion on what really makes a WWE star the actual star, its 2 simple things.

1.) It's the WWE in the end who you want to enjoy the most, when you really think about it. For example, they could make anybody look strong, and make anybody the WWE champion, so what im thinking, is why dont they? i'll use a really bad example, Lets say they took Simon Dean, and left him as Nova, and lets also say Batista is the current champion. How popular do you think Nova would actually be if he was main eventing Batista, and lets say..... Summerslam, Nova vs Batista for the title. And somehow Nova beats him, do you not think his popularity would skyrocket? Look at Randy Orton, before they paired him up with HHH and Flair, he was still jobbing, but now he's a main eventer.

2.) the second thing, you may possibly not agree on, is the superstars theme music, this is a huge part that gets the fans really pumped up, if a superstar such as lets say Mark Henry, has boring shitty slow rap music, then the fans dont really get as pumped as they would for lets say Matt Hardys theme, Matt Hardys theme is one of the best theme songs out there IMO at the moment, because right when it hits, you go OH SHIT! MATT HARDY!

remember, just my opinions ..... :)

I agree, I think mic skills also plays a huge part in it too. good job pointing out the theme music, a lot of people don't realize how important this really is.

Jeremy Dick said:
I agree, I think mic skills also plays a huge part in it too. good job pointing out the theme music, a lot of people don't realize how important this really is.
Mic skills are very important, I left that out by accident. But you honestly don't have to be a 'super great' wrestler to be super popular either, I mean the most used example is in fact John Cena and Hulk Hogan, but, John Cena also fits the other 2, he does have a decent Theme Song (to most people) and does have great Mic skills.

Very good points. I have a interesting point also as well. I think the commenatators can influence the success of a wrestler. Before anyone goes to a local event hey watch the broadcasts on TV and listen to the commentators. They can either rally behind the particular wrestler or label him as a heel or top contender or third generation wrestler or whatever. I've watched wrestling for years and have listened to the voices of Jim Ross, Tony Schivone, Joey Styles, Gorilla Monsson, Jesse Ventura, Eric Bishoff, and even Vince Mcmahon and they all have a way of influencing listening and viewing audiences opinions about the wrestlers.

Well.. You cant really say wrestling skills anymore.. Look at Cena and Batista...

Id have to say these are the basic things you need to be a star...

1. Mic skills... If you have horrible mic skills... You wont go any higher then mid card...

2. Fans accepttance... Whether your a heel or face... You need the fans to be either on your side... Or just hate you..

3. wrestling skills - you need to have atleast some talent...

4.. Dont cross the boss..

I personally think its about time they start bumping up some less popular or mid-carder characters, I think somebody like Matt Hardy could honestly be the WWE champion, also another great example would be Psicosis, Vince could basically force the crowd to enjoy characters, just by putting them up with the higher carder characters, if they changed up Psicosis' music to a better theme, and made him start winning matches against the likings of like Booker T and such, he would be a way huger star.

I also think it has to do with what the WWE is trying to get the wrestler to get across to the fans. Like far example Orton. He is arrogant, conceited, and to alot of fans he's down right awful. But strip away all he opinions about him and look at the fundamnetals. He's a third generation wrestler, he has wrestling abilities, excellent mic work, the wrestling look, and he can easily make the trasition from either heel or face. Plus he has a finishing move that comes from out of no where that leaves the crowd stunned. I think he's a excellent superstar and can be the future of the WWE if he can stop getting in trouble

To make it big in wrestling you need ring skills and mic skills, and a unique (without being stupid) character gimmick can also help.

To make it big in the WWE you need mic skills, a physique (for whatever reason Vince loves dudes with a physique - in all seriousness anyone with a body an get a job in the WWE, simply for the fact that they make Vince cream). A stupid gimmick also helps in the WWE. The mentality of Vince in choosing whihc guys he wants to elevate is completely out of wack, the man has lost his mind. Its like he picks the worst workers, determines if they have enough muscles to give him a hard-on and then hands them the World Championship.

i think that charisma and mike skills are needed.
i think that his/her gimmick and look must be unique.
also needed is heavy promotion by the company and vince is essential.
and lastly, but most importantly, you have to competent enough in the ring. people can spot a non-talent wrestler when they see one, and unless you are a legend like hulk hogan or other, people will not tolerate it for long. i think that this is one of (though not only) the reasons why some people can't stand john cena. the guy cannot wrestle!

djmalachi said:
I also think it has to do with what the WWE is trying to get the wrestler to get across to the fans. Like far example Orton. He is arrogant, conceited, and to alot of fans he's down right awful. But strip away all he opinions about him and look at the fundamnetals. He's a third generation wrestler, he has wrestling abilities, excellent mic work, the wrestling look, and he can easily make the trasition from either heel or face. Plus he has a finishing move that comes from out of no where that leaves the crowd stunned. I think he's a excellent superstar and can be the future of the WWE if he can stop getting in trouble
Ortons pretty well still a kid (in a small sense) It's not unnatural to be seeing him getting in trouble, he's still in his good years, so partying, talking smack, and getting in trouble is just a small side-effect for his soon to come greatness in the WWE

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one. Alot of people dont realize this but all these wrestlers people say cant wrestle can actually perform quite well and they have a certain sequence that they follow. Also Vince and the creative team coaches, trains, and auditions these performers quite extensively. And the wrestlers are usually instructed on how they are to perform and wrestle. Notice , John Cena.. for a long time his finishing move was the FU. Not a real devastating move, but all of a sudden he put a submission move into his moves. WHY? Because the WWE wanted him to have a complete package of moves that they could tell him to do. All of these matches are ran by Vince and the McMahon family. So if you want to say cena cant wrestle...change that and say that the WWE is not allowing him to wrestle the way he really can.

HAHA, yeah right right. I just hope he gets all that outta his system so he can take the ball and run with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back