What is your favorite video game battle music?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure we all have one. That one particular battle theme that you could listen to over and over again, because to you it's just THAT epic. It fits the battle (multiple battles in some cases) that it's used for perfectly, and you just enjoy listening to it no matter what. You look forward to every single moment that it is featured in the game.

Mine is "Fighting of the Spirit". I have heard countless versions of it and love every last one of them. My personal favorite is the one used in the playstation remake of Tales of Phantasia. (Tales of Symphonia version is a close second though.)

[YOUTUBE]6RccE9n6ncU[/YOUTUBE]

What I like best about this song is the fact that it's so epic, yet so catchy at the same time! Most battle themes are either too epic (get kinda boring when heard too much) or are so catchy that they sound kinda lame.... This is my undisputed favorite because it's the best of both worlds: epic AND catchy. In my opinion this song fits perfectly for ANY battle in ANY game, regardless of the genre. Any time I am facing a difficult enemy (or a difficult part of a game in general) but get fed up and decide to no longer show any mercy.... I fire up this song to listen to while trying once more to complete the difficult event/battle.

So now it's your turn to respond. What is YOUR favorite battle theme from a video game? (Don't forget to include WHY you like it!)

This one belongs to the very first RPG games I've ever played. This was one of the boss themes, but a very common one:

[YOUTUBE]AgFBQPMPMSE[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know, it was just super awesome for me and pumped me up for whatever boss fight I had. Prolly cuz it's my first is why I enjoy it oh sooooooooooooooooooooooo much -- or maybe the beats cuz they're cool. I wish I could find a copy of this game now since it's been about 10 years since I played it, I think.

But yeah, that's a fave of mine.

Well Dagger to answer your question any and all my favorite battle music when you have to face an enemy or boss in a video game would have to be from the first Kingdom Hearts game. My god there are simply a ton of different battle songs that I love from that game. The Deep End, Squirming Evil, Shrouding Dark Cloud, and Night of Fate stand out as my favorites, but all the battle music is top notch and really does add to the combat's atmosphere.

Here are some example of these epic battles tunes:

[YOUTUBE]s_aZrERkbwo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gyQMESBxHVw[/YOUTUBE]

With out the music I don't know if the boss battles or enemy fights would be as fun as they are. But again Kingdom Hearts provides me with my favorite soundtrack of battle music, it's truly a great listen. The overall music in the game is also fantastic if I do say so myself. The composing is just great for a video game. And the battle tunes are by far their best contribution to the game in terms of the music.

Personally, I have always been fond of the music that plays when Trunks fights King Cold and Mecha Frieza in "Dragonball Z: Legacy Of Goku II." It just sounds so badass considering that all you have heard up until this point was random "Area-Specific" music. So it really was a nice transition. Although I may be a little biased considering that even in the TV show, this was always one of my favorite scenes. Here is a sample of the music, I encourage you to listen to it.

[YOUTUBE]oiWAF73iPPU[/YOUTUBE]

There is the theme by itself. Here is a video of the scene from the game:

[YOUTUBE]gIyFOpyNfHM[/YOUTUBE]

If you want to get to the music in this one, especially the transition from the "Area-Specific" music, I recommend watching this video starting at 0:43.

So there you have it Dagger. My favorite video game music.

This first one comes from Alundra on the PS1, this game isn't given enough credit because I think, personally, it's better than some Zelda games.

Here's the track:

[YOUTUBE]zL1a00H7s9M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly, this is from Lost Oddysey on the Xbox 360. Great battle theme and sounds almost identical to the Ukranian national anthem.

[YOUTUBE]CzM5GeeLjJ8[/YOUTUBE]

Thirdly, this is from DragonBall Z: Budokai on Playstation 2, the first next-gen console DBZ game. It's the final battle between Gohan and Cell. It sounds similar to James Bond, I think.

[YOUTUBE]GS9V7xW3Tj0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Another favourite is this one, it's from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped on Playstation 1. It's the Dingodile battle.

[YOUTUBE]2vxJ2XAKopE[/YOUTUBE]

This is a different kind of Boss Battle. It's the Guitar Battle against Zakk Wylde from Guitar Hero: World Tour on Xbox 360.

[YOUTUBE]34GOC8Bdjt0[/YOUTUBE]

Lastly, this is from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on PC. This is a great game, and this is probably the hardest part of the game. It's sorta like a boss battle, you just have to deter and defeat a Tiger Tank. If you've seen the movie: Saving Private Ryan, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is basically that entire film. The tank, Tom Hanks shoots at during the ending is the Tiger Tank in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Here it is:

Listen all the way till the end, you won't be dissapointed.

[YOUTUBE]kyzUJT6isnc[/YOUTUBE]

There are so many to chose from but if I had to pick one it would be this:

Final Fantasy IX - The Darkness of Eternity

[youtube]Vv-ddnBsOr8[/youtube]

The final battle against Kuja and this song symbolizes him perfectly. From the organs personifying his narcissism to the drums giving off the hated and anger that fills his body, I thought it was the perfect song to fight to. It may not be my favorite boss battle but the music is my favorite of all time.

God Damn it, I've got to choose; Pokemon - Trainer Battle.

Whenever You Were To Square Off with a Trainer, this little ditty would ring in your ears. There was a real sense of excitement every time to clashed with a fellow trainer on the game, one that made your desire to win even greater.

[YOUTUBE]2Jmty_NiaXc[/YOUTUBE]​

Also, got to mention the final battle theme to Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow. There was something epic about it. It was vaguely similar to the Trainer Music but by God, there was something sinister about the whole thing. It was quite creepy truth be told.

[YOUTUBE]ptXXzQ_dXwg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

I love the battle music in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Here's the mini-boss music:
[YOUTUBE]SmekqwH6cc0[/YOUTUBE]

This is the music for Hooktail, the first boss:
[YOUTUBE]uOCz_4AcorE[/YOUTUBE]

This is the music for Macho Grubba, who reminds me of Vince:
[YOUTUBE]4J5A43EggfM[/YOUTUBE]

Finally, the music for the final boss:
[YOUTUBE]WvY-BCvfR2U[/YOUTUBE]

I love this game, and the battle music, which is unlike any other game that I have played.

I'm surprised no one has said Guile's theme. its just epic. and theres an saying, Guile theme goes with everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back