What if...The benoit tragedy never happened?

TheBigRedMember

Dark Match Jobber
Simple Question? What if Benoit, Nancy and David never died. What if benoit hadn't roided up? What if benoit didn't have mental problem? What would Benoit be doing today in WWE? Or might he be in TNA? or another promotion?

I think he would have won the ECW Title, drop it to punk at Wrestlemania 24, get drafted to raw, fued with Edge over the world title, win the tag titles with Jericho, Win the IC Title, and win the WHC at the royal rumble, lose it at wrestlemania, and would be on Raw now, feuding with The Miz. If there has been a thread like this before, then i'm sorry cause i looked through the last 10 pages and didn't find one. If this is in the wrong section, then sorry again.

Your answers to the question can be posted here. thanks for reading.

He was slated to win the ECW Title but after that he would have probably been drafted to Smackdown or RAW and stayed in the midcard sort of like Rey Mysterio is doing. His world title win in 2004 was his one shining moment and I don't think he would have gotten another title by this point. Probably the ECW title but that's about it.

He would have remained ECW champ for a year or so, getting guys like Morrison and Punk over in close run feuds.... After that I think he would have probably retired after one last "run" perhaps a feud with Flair to finish off with...

WWE would be much better off in the publicity stakes, but probably worse off on talent, as Jericho and Big Show probably wouldn't have come back after their hiatus'... Christian would not have resigned and guys like Morrison or Punk might have been stolen by TNA...

Then I wouldn't have had to choke back tears the night I heard that he had died, and would have been able to avoid the horror I felt when I heard what he had done. He would still be walking the halls of the arenas, coffee in hand and going about the business of displaying his incredible intensity and physical giftings that endeared him to me and millions of fans.

He would have won the ECW title, would have elevated the careers of the up and comers and would have had a celebrated send off at the time of his retirement, culminating in a Hall of Fame induction.

But alas.

If the tragedy never happen, it would of happen to someone else. Benoit would still be wrestling, Or would be on TNA because his role was getting less and less productive. Him and Cena would of had a great match. If it didn't happen, less releases would be happening. Reason why releases happen is because the drug policy is in full effect.

Benoit would be in world Title contention by this point. Kurt Angle and Booker T might not have left. ECW wouldn't have become a crap hole like it is today. Awesomeness would be going on in the WWE. We would've been seeing first time matches like Cena vs Benoit, or other high profile matches. Maybe Benoit vs Taker at WrestleMania. TNA would really suck right now. There would be a wider variety of matches at PPVs other than Cena vs Orton vs Triple H, Orton vs Triple H, Cena vs Triple H, Orton vs Cena. Yeah...

thats not entirely true when you think about it benoit wasn't the biggest man in wwe granted i think wwe would be a lot better with the rabbid wolverine around that is just my oppinion though but still.

Thanks for your time later :)

We would've been seeing first time matches like Cena vs Benoit

We've seen this. Right before Wrestlemania 23, HBK interfered.

But, had benoit not done what he did, watching WWE produced dvds would be easier, and we'd be able to mention him without scrutiny. He'd still be an amazing performer. But had he not done it to his family, he might have snapped on some innocent fans, or even in the ring. Imagine watching him basically slowly kill Edge, or CM Punk, or Triple H in the middle of a PPV? Benoit wouldn't be dead, but he'd be in prison. And Vince might be forced to close shop on the WWE. Or all of wrestling, and even MMA imo.

He would've won the ECW Championship that night. I could see him putting over Punk & Morrison. But as mentioned, his role was decreasing, he probably would've went to TNA. Sad that happened b/c I wanted him to win the championship that night, imagine the match him & Punk would've had....wow.

As disturbing as this may sound, but in some ways, the Benoit tragedy was a blessing in disguise. If not for this horrific tragedy, Morrison would never have won the ECW Title and he wouldn't be the star that he is today. And in some sense, the same can be said for Punk. So even while he's gone, Benoit still put someone over. It's always tough for me to talk about this because 2007 was such a terrible year for professional wrestling. RIP Chris, Nancy, and Daniel

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, so I will go ahead and do it.

If Benoit wouldn't have gone crazy, then we could have had an actual GOOD storyline with the "death" of Vince McMahon. That storyline could have been dragged out for months, and it could have made a huge superstar out of whoever ended up being the "killer".

Once that limo blew up, I was in shock. I knew it was part of the show, but the reason I was in shock is because for once in like, 4 years, WWE was doing something that had me pretty interested. Who could have done this? How are they going to play this out? Why did someone "kill" Vince? All these things would have made for a great storyline.

However, we all know it never played out, because Benoit went nuts.

Yeah, a blessing in disguise for sure. Who gives a fuck if 3 people have to die to get a few guys over, both of whom would've gotten over on their own anyway. Hell, Punk was already over. That was the stupidest fucking comment I've ever seen. I understand what you were trying to say, but work on your phrasing. it was in no way a blessing in disguise.

No way would have Benoit been world champion again. Vince gave Benoit the belt out of sympathy and didn't make him the the main guy on Raw when he was champ. I can't remember the last time he competed for the world title. Last time as probably in 2005. He would be on ECW, holding the title greats such as the Sandman, Shane Douglas, and Mickey Whipreck held. He simply wasn't a priority.

Here is a better question... What if benoit never called in wwe to replace him in the ppv... what if he showed up after killing his family and acted completely normal and wrestled in his match, and during his match, the bodies were found, cops were instantly called and benoit would have been arrested in the middle of the match... You think that would have a big impact on the WWE today?? sorry to the poster that my question is a hell of a lot better

Here is a better question... What if benoit never called in wwe to replace him in the ppv... what if he showed up after killing his family and acted completely normal and wrestled in his match, and during his match, the bodies were found, cops were instantly called and benoit would have been arrested in the middle of the match... You think that would have a big impact on the WWE today?? sorry to the poster that my question is a hell of a lot better

Not really. Benoit will still be blacklisted as is he now and you won't see any traces of him for a long time. Murder is still murder and the same result would have happened.

If the Benoit tragedy wouldn't have happened, he probably would've won the title at the PPV that he missed that dreaded weekend, and WWE wouldn't have had to go through the steriod crap that it has had to do in the last couple years. Eugene MIGHT still have a job, along with Umaga, and others that I can't think of that got fired because of their substance abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back