What If Edge Didn't Get Injured?

Motor City Mayhem

The Canadian Rover.
June 28th 2009
At a WWE PPV entitled "The Bash", Chris Jericho and Edge, in a move to bring prestige to the Tag-Team division, became WWE Unified Tag-Team Champions, they became WWE Unified Tag-Team Champs so that the Tag-Team division could have two Main Eventers battle it out with the younger Tag-Teams and not only help them get over but also bring more prestige to the Tag Titles.

July 3rd 2009
Edge gets injured at a WWE House Show in San Diego in Match -vs- Jeff Hardy, the injury would turn out to be a very severe injury, a Torn Achilles Tendon.

July 17th 2009
Edge is officially said to be injured and is then made a Face for his return when his former Tag-Team Partner Chris Jericho trashes him and makes him a total baby face.

July 26th 2009
At WWE PPV Night Of Champions Chris Jericho who in recent weeks has said that he will have a New Tag-Team partner for his match -vs- Legacy, unveils The Big Show as his new Tag-Team Partner. They win the match and thus start what has been a pretty dominating run making the Tag-Teams they face look amazing. (Ex: Cryme Tyme, Mark Henry and MVP)

October 4th 2009
At WWE Hell In Cell, it will be Chris Jericho and Big Show -vs- Batista and Rey Mysterio, were many believe the dominant Tag-Team of Jeri-Show will come to an end and we will have two NEW Tag-Team Champs.

So this brings me to the point of this thread, What If Edge didn't get injured? Would the Tag-Team of Chris Jericho and Edge work better then Jeri-Show, or was it better for it to be Jeri-Show? Would Big Show be in anything meaningful right now? Would it be Batista and Rey vs Edge and Jericho at Hell In A Cell or something else? Would MV-Henry still have happened? All these questions that I would like you to answer.

Have Fun.

At WWE Hell In Cell, it will be Chris Jericho and Big Show -vs- Batista and Rey Mysterio, were many believe the dominant Tag-Team of Jeri-Show will come to an end and we will have two NEW Tag-Team Champs.

That would be true if Rey was not coming back from a suspension. Rey will take the fall against Big Show. As for the what if Edge was never injured part, they would have to do something for there to be title defenses. I don't think for one minute Legacy would beat them for the belts. As for the other teams, it's just proof that WWE has no depth in the tag team area.

I think, as far as tag teams go, we would still have seen the banding together of upper-midcarders like MVP/Henry and Batista/Mysterio. Ultimately, I think they would have held those belts through SS, and then both focused on the WHC, culminating (with SLOW story buildup) with Edge vs. Jericho @ WM26 for WHC. As far as Big Show...I think they would have him continue to dominate the US Championship division, but never get the belt. He would probably be getting fed to SuperCena after tomorrow as an interim guy for Cena to beat on...

if Edge wasn't injured they would have a good run as champions but they wouldn't stand a change against rey and batista and they would have gotten in a fight after they match at hell in the cell leading to a suvivor series one-on-one match against Edge and Chris

Batista and Mysterio were past tag champs together they are not a random paring. I hate jerishow and think that team is a disgrace and dampens the guest host concept. If edge was around he would sweeten the pot and keep more prestige and not drag jerichos mike skills down. At least one good thing about edges injury, it put big show away from the US title allowing guys like miz and swagger to fued with kingston, thank god for that because that pile of blubber belongs no were near a singles championship and only deserves tag titles when his partner has mike and in ring skills to make up for his lack of skills in both areas.

I feel if Edge didnt injure himself, He and Jericho would have dropped the belts at some point to Rey and Batista. That would set up a feud between Edge and Jericho both putting the blame on each other for their loss. Eventually, Edge would have turned babyface and faced Jericho at WM26

As for Big Show, there was talk about moving him to Smackdown as a face along with Batista. I think that would have worked. However, if he was kept on RAW, I would see him becoming a heel US champion and then somehow moving over to ECW in some way shape or form,

I hate jerishow and think that team is a disgrace and dampens the guest host concept.

Just a question: how does Jerishow "dampen" the guest host thing? Jericho would probably do exactly what he has done with the guest hosts. Edge may have added scathing yet witty comments to the equation, but you lose that 'Oh Crap' think the Big Show can do with the GH's.

Example: Big Show pretty much "made" Cedric agree to the Gauntlet Match thing for this past Monday. Now, while I understand Creative is in control, how do you write that with Rated Y2J? Edge doesn't impose fear the way Show does.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I'm just looking for a bit more explanation of your claim.

You know I can honestly say I am not sure how things would be right now. I know that Big Show would probably not be doing anything meaningful or relevant right now. He'd probably be randomly thrown into the US title picture which would hurt the Miz and his potential push. I would also say that they might try to throw Big Show at John Cena yet again due to the fact that no matter how or where these two are they somehow intertwine their feuds.

I believe that currently Edge and Jericho would be the champions and that they would not be facing Batista and Rey at Hell In A Cell. In fact I believe they would of rushed the Edge Jericho feud to turn Edge face as to have another major face on Smackdown and not just one major face and about 3 or 4 heels. I'm gonna believe that either Cryme Tyme or the Hart Dynasty would become the Tag Champs and that they would be feuding with whatever team possible. I'm going to go out on another limb here and even possibly say they might throw themselves into the DX - Legacy feud as to say that they are the better up and coming stars and they want to also dismantle DX but also destroy Legacy possibly?

With Edge now being a singles star again and being face I believe there would be no need for Batista to come to Smackdown. Batista would return to Raw and feud with Orton and throw himself into the Orton - Cena feud. This would eventually lead to Batista - Cena II ( I think that is where it would be as far as times they faced off ). Eventually Batista would lose to Cena. Around this time Triple H would turn heel again and face Cena 1 on 1.

Jericho would begin feuding with the Undertaker after CM Punk won the championship back and Edge would be feuding with Punk.

That's how I think it would turn out.

If Edge hadn't been injured, they'd still be champions to this day and I think they would lose them around the Royal Rumble in a slowly built up feud for a match at Wrestle Mania 26. I don't think it'd be for the WHC but it'd be a match of the year quality for sure.

usual story line with one of them screwing the other out of a title oppotunity once they'd lost the tag titles, culminating in a feud (and a brilliant one at that) between the two, Y2J the heel and edge the face, this would probably continue through every PPV up to WM where i wouldnt of been surprised to a see a 2 out of 3 falls match....not one like orton v trips but more like trips v HBK, a truly epic encounter between two amazing wrestling to finish the feud once and for all thats what i'd love to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back