What Game Should I Buy on PS4?

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
I just recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a PS4. I have NBA 2K16, Batman: Arkham Knight, and The Last of Us Remastered. I also got Star Wars: Battlefront but that was for my lil bro. I just finished The Last of Us Remastered and I will have Arkham Knight finished by this weekend. So I'm looking to purchase a new game to play.

Right now I'm looking at either inFAMOUS: Second Son, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, or Dragon Age: Inquisition. Which game should I get?

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

I just recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a PS4. I have NBA 2K16, Batman: Arkham Knight, and The Last of Us Remastered. I also got Star Wars: Battlefront but that was for my lil bro. I just finished The Last of Us Remastered and I will have Arkham Knight finished by this weekend. So I'm looking to purchase a new game to play.

Right now I'm looking at either inFAMOUS: Second Son, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, or Dragon Age: Inquisition. Which game should I get?

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

None of those appeal to me so I'll give you my current shopping list. Not all are out yet.

Final Fantasy 7
Firewatch
Dreams
No Man's Sky
Talos Principle
Ether One
Everybody's Golf
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
I Am Setsuna
Alone With You
Kerbal Space Program
The Long Dark
Read Only Memories
The Walking Dead 3
Batman (Telltale)
Bards Gold
Tales From The Borderlands
Don't Starve
7 Days To Die

Not a huge baseball fan. I'm into game that are typically one player adventure, action games. Except for NBA 2k that is. So I'll definitely be getting Final Fantasy VIIs remake and I have Final Fantasy XV pre ordered along with Resident Evil 7, Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian. But I need something with a good story mode and action to keep me busy until then. I am strongly considering Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

Honestly; I wouldn't get Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I won't spoil the ending any farther than saying that the journey is far more enthralling than the reward you get for your time, though most of the journey is running around trying to scoop up trinkets for rewards. Everything that would potentially affect the plot from the previous games is non-existent in this one, so it's not like you'll be continuing any plot developments from those games. Choices you make bear little consequence.

Also; the people at EA are notoriously terrible when it comes to the concept of expansion packs and micro-purchases. You'll be charged $5 for simply being able to pain your characters blue or some garbage like that. The multi-player is a micro-purchase based wasteland, so that doesn't amount to anything redeeming.

Props for pre-ordering Last Guardian. I'm getting that one as well, it looks amazing. The whole Ico series has a special place in my heart. I'm getting Shenmue 3 next year, which is an acquired taste. I'm only getting that because I have to know how the story ends.

Infamous: Second Son, AC: Syndicate, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all very good games. I guess it comes down to what you're in the mood for genre-wise, but you really can't go wrong with either of them.

Bloodborne was my 2015 GOTY and Uncharted 4 is currently my 2016 GOTY, so those are immediate recommendations. In terms of other big games that are currently available, these are also worth looking into:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Ratchet & Clank (2016)
Doom (2016)
Dark Souls III
Until Dawn
Overwatch
Far Cry Primal

On the downloadable/indie side, I recommend the following off the top of head:

Transistor
The Witness
Firewatch
Life is Strange
Salt and Sanctuary
Hyper Light Drifter

Honestly; I wouldn't get Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I won't spoil the ending any farther than saying that the journey is far more enthralling than the reward you get for your time, though most of the journey is running around trying to scoop up trinkets for rewards. Everything that would potentially affect the plot from the previous games is non-existent in this one, so it's not like you'll be continuing any plot developments from those games. Choices you make bear little consequence.

Also; the people at EA are notoriously terrible when it comes to the concept of expansion packs and micro-purchases. You'll be charged $5 for simply being able to pain your characters blue or some garbage like that. The multi-player is a micro-purchase based wasteland, so that doesn't amount to anything redeeming.

Props for pre-ordering Last Guardian. I'm getting that one as well, it looks amazing. The whole Ico series has a special place in my heart. I'm getting Shenmue 3 next year, which is an acquired taste. I'm only getting that because I have to know how the story ends.

Omg, I LOVED Shenmue 1. That game is on my top 10 list of my favorite games I've ever played. Part 2 was meh. I didn't even know they were coming out with part 3. I love games with a great story. I probably will get AC: Syndicate because I'm not really in the mood for super powers or magic right now. I'm still in a sneaking up and slicing throats mood from Last of Us. That game was good.

I love Battlefront. The two DLCs have been great and the Death Star DLC will be out in September.

Couple of old titles that you can get for a good deal are Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Shadow of Mordor. These are games that I couldn't get enough of and are visually excellent.

Until Dawn.

I'm not normally a fan of horror games because I'm a scaredy chicken, but Until Dawn is a good mix of enough horror to keep you on edge and good story telling.

So I went to Game Stop to get AC Syndicate and completely got Shadow of Mordor. Is it good? The guy there said it was better than AC Syndicate.

So I went to Game Stop to get AC Syndicate and completely got Shadow of Mordor. Is it good? The guy there said it was better than AC Syndicate.

Shadow of Mordor is a really fun play. But it's also very linear in terms of the side missions and collectibles. Mostly you do the same sort of things in all side missions. It's nearly ALL about the combat system which I will say, is a ton of fun. Also, not to give anything away, but the final boss battles are VERY anti-climactic.

If you paid over 35 bucks for it, you probably overspent. Still, I had fun with it and if you're a LOTR fan, the depth they put into describing people, places, and things will amaze you.

But I haven't played Syndicate so I can't tell you if it's better or not.

Shadow of Modor won game of the year, and has great reviews. It's one of the games I want to play, but haven't the time because of work, uni, and other games I've invested in. You'll enjoy it, and you won't regret picking it up over the stagnating Assassin's Creed franchise.

If you've got PlayStation Plus, make sure to check out the free games every month. Infamous: Second Sons was one of the games, as well as the ever-popular Rocket League. I believe Paragon, a MOBA strategy game, is one of the free games, unless it has updated.

Also, I endorse Sean's recommendations... although, Overwatch is multiplayer online only, so heavily consider your purchase with this one. The singleplayer story is all lore, and via comics.

I have PlayStation Plus. I had to have it for NBA 2k. I have a question about that. If I have PS Plus then I don't need to buy any season passes right or no?

I have PlayStation Plus. I had to have it for NBA 2k. I have a question about that. If I have PS Plus then I don't need to buy any season passes right or no?

Pretty sure that's wrong. I have Plus too, and I know I at least bought the Fallout 4 season pass. Can't remember any others I've purchased since having Plus.

You do however get a ton of great discounts, as well as free games and other perks.

I was a disappointed when Sony started making us pay to play online, but the service is better than it was on the PS3. And to be fair they gave free online out for a whole generation compared to Xbox, so I can't complain. The 12 month subscription isn't a bad deal at all.

I thought that season passes allowed people to play those games online. I didn't know season passes were actually discounted dlc add ons and what not. My mistake.

Shadow of Modor looks amazing. As does Last of Us Remastered. I don't see how video game graphics can get much better than they are now. Pretty soon we'll be controlling real people.

Shadow of Modor looks amazing. As does Last of Us Remastered. I don't see how video game graphics can get much better than they are now. Pretty soon we'll be controlling real people.

Whether it is rumours, or confirmed news, Sony and Microsoft are releasing a PS4.5 and an Xbox One.5 within the next year, with better graphics, processing speed, etc., with the potential of adding VR, I believe.

Stuff looks good, but it can get a lot better. If you've ever played a PC game like Skyrim, and with the highest settings, and added mods for textures, you'll know what I mean.

Whether it is rumours, or confirmed news, Sony and Microsoft are releasing a PS4.5 and an Xbox One.5 within the next year, with better graphics, processing speed, etc., with the potential of adding VR, I believe.

Stuff looks good, but it can get a lot better. If you've ever played a PC game like Skyrim, and with the highest settings, and added mods for textures, you'll know what I mean.

They're coming out with the VR headset pretty soon actually. It costs more than the damn console though so I'm probably going to have to pass, at least until they lower the price a bit.

If you have any interest in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game at all I'd suggest renting it over buying it.

I rented it and got through the story mode in 6-8 hours of play. I think I had the game for 5 days and skipped playing it one of those days and still had it done the night before it was due back.

It wasn't as bad as I've seen people say but it doesn't have any replay factor for me at all.

-Witcher 3
-Uncharted 4 (if you havn't played the first 3 Uncharted games, also suggest the remastered collection of those as well)
-Shadow of Mordor

I just can't get into the Shadow of Mordor. Idk what it is but I can't get invested. I went ahead and picked up Assassin's Creed Syndicate and inFamous Second Son over the weekend. Saturday was pro day at game stop and I ended up getting like 30% off of my purchase. Both of those games are amazing and fun as hell.

I just can't get into the Shadow of Mordor. Idk what it is but I can't get invested. I went ahead and picked up Assassin's Creed Syndicate and inFamous Second Son over the weekend. Saturday was pro day at game stop and I ended up getting like 30% off of my purchase. Both of those games are amazing and fun as hell.

I hear you, it took me three tries and a year and a half to finish SOM front to back. Once I got past a certain point though, I became addicted. Stick with it, it might surprise you.

Other than Destiny, which sucked in my opinion, Second Son was the first game I played when I got my PS4 and I loved it. Still one of the funnest games I've played on the console.

I don't like to bump old threads but since this one already exists, I thought I'd use it to ask for opinions. Final Fantasy XV comes out on the 29th and The Last Guardian comes out on Dec. 9th. Which one should I buy? The easy answer would be both but with my brother's birthday on the 23rd and Christmas right around the corner, that's not an option.

So which one should I get? I have them both pre ordered but I only put the minimum down to reserve them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back