What do you seek?

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
What do you seek in life?

happiness? Love? money? etc... you get the idea

I'm trying to make this topic as open as possible.

Thread guidelines:

*Do not harass people who post with sarcastic remarks*

*be respectful to people's options*

*Have fun discussing*

I'd like just to look back on my life and say "I've made my mark". Not in a financial way, A political way, Or anything like that. But to have brought some happiness into a few people's life's.

But I also want to have a wife and a few kid's(Even at the age of 19 I know I want this), A good job, Or a business of my own, And more improtantly hapiness within myself.

I seek a few things in life as of right now.

#1. To be Sucessful---This is pretty much my goal in life. I want to graduate University, get a good job, and do something with myself. I won't to be known as someone who was driven and very goal oriented. I want to make decent money while still doing something I enjoy.

#2. I seek god. I am a religious person and everyday I learn new and experience new things that bring me closer to him. I just want to make sure I never lose sight of him and realize he is always around me even if I don't see him.

#3. I seek happiness. I feel since I am so career motivated that as long as I am sucessful with my job and still have my belief I will be happy. I don't think I want kids, but I seek a future full of oppurtunity & adventure.

Money, mostly. My one and only aim in life is to make as much money as possible, so my daughter can do whatever she wants with her life. I hope to make enough that she doesn't have to get a shitty minimum wage job when she's a university. I don't want her to have any loans, I want her to have a house bought for her, I want her to travel the world if she wants.

Really I just want to spoil her, and make her life as good as possible.

So the only thing I'm after is money, I'm not concerned about myself. I can cope with anything.

I only seek a couple of things in my life right now.

1. Happiness. This is the foremost thing in my mind when I think about the future. I want to be happy in the future. I'd like to be married, but I'm not sure about kids at this point in time. I don't want to be stuck in a job that I am unhappy with either, as that would ruin my life, so I would like to have a job that i'm happy with. Which brings me on to my next point...

2. To live my dream. My dream is to be in a successful band someday, as music is basically my whole life. I wouldn't like to be a mainstream band on radio though, I would like to be in a band with a very strong fanbase, so that we're successful making our own style of music, but not limited by the media. If that doesn't work out, then I would still like to be involved in the music industry in some way, like a producer.

I know no one even knows me here but hey lol :)

* I'd like my independent wrestling company i'm starting to stay afloat and perhaps even do ok? You can always hope!

*And i'd like to meet someone in life who is happy for me to try and achieve the above. Whether they like wrestling or not! (Fat chance huh hah)

*I'd also love to win some form of official race meeting!

Selby

Happiness.

Without it life is boring. Everyday I live to achieve and dare to dream. It's what keeps me happy. Money doesnt mean a thing if Im not happy. A girlfriend doesn't mean jack if I'm not happy. So thats what I seek, day in and day out. I live to be happy. I will do everything within my power to stay happy too.

That's a fair point /\ It's important not to overlook the obvious, right?? With all these hopes and dreams it can be quite easy to forget that being happy is the overall target. Well, it is for me anyway. It's just these two/three wishes would certainly help it along its way.

Selby

Well there is no doubt in my mind that you have to achieve things along the way. Like your dreams and what not. Its cliche but you have to Dare 2 Dream. If you dont, you wont have anything to achieve and happiness will be a far reach. You have to keep your head up, dream, and work hard. You do all those things. You will be led to happiness. To question in my mind.

Interesting thread. I do seek happiness. The people of today focus way too much on the negatives. This applies through the daily news which is always tellnig us negative things that make us rather upset, and it even applies here on the forum, mainly in the wrestling sections. People focus on the negatives, but hardly ever praise the WWE or TNA for what they do every week for us fans. But being happy is important. Living a happy life that you don't regret is much preferable over a miserable life that you don't want to live.

Another one of my goals is to receive a good occupation when I leave University. I'm in high school at the moment and I'm starting to think of what I want to get into when I leave school. IT and Commerce are the areas that I want to get into, so I have to study hard at school to hopefully be accepted into University. After Uni, I want to have a job where I will be happy and be financially stable. I study hard for the money. A trade just isn't for me, I'd rather work my ass off at school than to work my ass of for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I'm aiming for an easy job either.

Also, I hope to one day get married and have kids. A happy family means a lot to me. I want to have a lovely wife, and probably 2 children that I will be proud of and I want to assist them in any way possible, whether it be financially or even just by loving them as much as I possibly can. Family is important in life. I want to be that successful business man that goes to work everyday in a shirt and a tie but goes home every night to a beautiful loving family that I can proudly provide.

At the moment I am seeking a few things:

1. I just applied for a few jobs about and hour or so ago, I'm hoping at least one of them rings me and asks for an interview. I really want this job, it's working for Sanity or Virgin music. I applied at 4 different places.

2. A good UAI. To the people who don't know what a UAI is, it's a University Admissions Index, it is a rank that you get throughout the state of NSW and determines if you can enter the Uni course you want. I want to enter a Business and Commerce course, majoring in Marketing.

3. Just like everyone else, I also seek happiness as you can't enjoy life without being happy. I'm happy now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy next week.

Like everyone else: Happiness.

Basically, a high paying job I won't hate, a gorgeous wife, and a kid or two that will end up being alright and not a disappointment.

I've been poor pretty much my entire life; all the jobs I’ve had were either low paying or just something I couldn’t stand; I've dealt with nothing but bitches I've wanted to end up killing when it was all said and done; and I'm just not a huge fan of kids or the society they're raised in. So, obviously, I'm a long way from seeking what I want, but I have hope. As long as I'm alive, I will always try and look at the positive side of things and keep optimism in my heart.

Truthfully, I do not know what it is I seek.

Perhaps it is the fact that I am exhausted from writing academic papers (and procrastinating from doing so as well) and compiling projects, and reading and analyzing critically, or it is the late hours of the night and I am ready to pass out -- but at this current moment the only thing I know is that if I were to type some deep, metaphorical answer, it would be a lie to myself. And I couldn't do that.

I think that I have given up on seeking, and instead have opted to "just go with the flow," adopting more or less the mentality of 'Whatever I need in this life will seek me out.' Not in the way that I sit on my ass and do nothing, but in the way that I do not make any unnecessary motions that could hinder the already predetermined process. The worst mistake [a] man can make is do "extra," and again, not the positive "extra mile," but the negative "unnecessary."

My philosophy on life is that I am presented with choices, and I make the best decision I can based on the information available to me. The answers will reveal themselves in due time -- all I need is a little patience. Everything that has not been revealed yet will be revealed soon. Keeping my eyes open and being in tune, or at least trying to be, to what is occurring in my life and the lives of others is the best thing I can do.

Seeking implies that I am discontent with what I have now, at this moment in time. I chose to disregard such a notion, and enjoy the predicaments - positive or negative - that I am in currently. Everything stems from an ultimate good -- "there is no good or ill but thinking makes it so," right? -- and for every closed door another opens.

How many other moments like *now* am I/are we going to get? None. So each moment should be enjoyed as fully as one can, regardless of the opinions of others or outside definitions of "enjoyment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back