What direction is the Women's Title scene going?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
At The Bash, we saw Michelle McCool win the Women's Championship from Melina, and become the first ever diva to win both the Diva's and Women's Championship. Since that time, we've only really been seeing Michelle and Melina feuding over the title. That is while we still have other divas in Eve, Natalya, Layla, and Maria.

I guess we can all agree that this is easily the worst championship scene going in the WWE right now. It isn't really going in any direction. From the list of the Smackdown divas, Michelle and Melina are the more established ones, but so what?

Natalya is more talented than both of them (in my opinion), and would make a beautiful choice to be in the Women's Title scene, and maybe winning the title. Eve and Layla are coming along pretty nicely and could help shape up the title scene on Smackdown. Maria was really starting to really look like a champion during the earlier stages of her Smackdown switch, but now, we hardly ever see her wrestle.

If Alicia Fox can get a push as #1 contender, why can't Maria or Eve or Layla (whom all have more experience), and all look more attractive than Alicia. I only added that part because WWE seems to go for looks or talent.

So, where exactly is the title scene going on Smackdown? Are we going to just see Michelle McCool and Melina fued over the title until the next draft? Will WWE make the smart decision of adding Natalya and the other divas into the title scene? Might we see a diva from ECW or Raw switch over to Smackdown? Are we going to see a female wrestler from developmental be brought up to Smackdown and go straight to the title scene? What do you see WWE doing to the worst and most boring title scene in the WWE?

Michelle annoys me. I don't know why she's women's champ really. She isn't THAT great in the ring, she's pretty bad at promos. I'd like to see Natayla actually become a threat instead of eye candy. That's a baddd woman, she can definitely hold her own. Eve actually has impressed me with her in-ring work. I'm just tired of seeing Melina and Gail Kim feud for the belt. It's so repetitive and aggravating.

With the recent Diva Draft, who knows what's going to happen? Eve had a good thing going with Cryme Time, even though that whole angle with the Hart Dynasty was getting old. She's now been sent to RAW. They're bringing in Mickie James and Beth Phoenix, both of which are solid contenders for the Women's Title. Natalya needs a serious push. If they bring those three women into the picture, the Women's Title picture could be a fun one to watch.

With Beth Phoenix and Mickie James Joining to smackdown roster, don'T be surprise if Mickie win the belt from michelle really soon and then she be able the feud with pretty much the entire woman's division since the only face beside Mickie on Smackdown is Maria.

I wouldn'T be surprise to see Mickie Win the woman's title as quickly as this week then go on to Bragging Rights to fight against Melina in a champion vs champion match before either going into a feud with either Beth Phoenix or Michelle McCool.

i can see mickie walking onto the show and winning the title lol i just have this feeling its going to happen but with mickie champion you can have some pretty good fueds with all the hells on smackdown id really like to see another mickie vs beth fued again i enjoyed there last fued

Who said diva's don't draw? I have seen many threads on the forums lately about them, with most about Mickie James naturally. :D

Now, as it pertains to the recent trade, the WWE Women's Championship will now receive the proper treatment it deserves by having good solid competitors compete for the prestigous title, if you go by the lengthy history of that belt and women who have graced that belt around their waists. Obviously, the first feud will be Mickie and Michelle if WWE don't got any further with the dog house and weight issues surrounding James. These two are something the fans would tune in to see and can put on some great matches. This would be a great way for James to help out Michelle get over with the crowd by allowing her to retain her title.

Well, to be quite honest, any match between Phoenix, James, McCool and Natalya would be really good to see. Since the whole SmackDown men's roster is a complete mess right now, the diva's here can offer some solid segments like the KnockOut's on TNA Impact are currently doing. I mean, they need some filler matches for weekly episodes and matches between Knox/Finlay and others won't last for the rest of the year. I hope the E does not drop the ball here and stuff up this division. You have four good in ring workers, with two filler women if needed who can sort of hold their own.

I don't know why Mickie would be pissed at the decision, she finally gets a fresh start on a new brand where she has the chance to re-invent herself on a brand that gives everyone the push to develop and book properly unless under strict McMahon command.

This is quite an odd division at the moment. With Mickie being the only face on the brand, besides Maria, I'm guessing she'll be getting the title at some point off of McCool, who hasn't really done that much with it.

Someone is going to have to turn and be Mickie's partner for the random tag matches every week, unless Eve is still on SD, or did she get moved? I don't know, the whole Diva shuffle has been rather confusing adnd odd. Not sure what the thought proccess was behind this, let's see how it plays out.

i want beth to turn face and get the title off of mccool and go on to fued with natalya but natties stuck managing the non charismatic harts, so in reality mickie vs michelle vs beth, they need to unify the women's title soon

I think this recent draft could be a very smart decision. The womens title has been around for a long time and alot of power houses have held it. Now with Beth and the Lovely and TRUELY talented Mickie James going to Smackdown, that title will get the true respect it deserves. Hopefilly ;) I'd love to see Mickie win that title and just to see her fight women of her own strength and calibur other than Beth, is going to be awesome. I do hope they bring Natalya into the title run too, she is a true powerhouse as well. I think Ms James is going to dominate it for a while here shortly, and all I can say is she deserves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back