WEC 50/Strikeforce: Houston Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
So a couple days ago, I was talking with jmt225 and the topic of doing the WEC and Strikeforce prediction contests came up. We figured that these cards were important, but at the same time, nobody really knows who the fighters in the Strikeforce undercard are, much like the fighters on the WEC undercard. So, rather than do two prediction contests, we're going to merge them into one prediction contest. This was jmt225's idea by the way, and full credit goes to him.

It's important to note that the WEC card is NEXT WEDNESDAY, so your picks for both cards must be in by then. The Strikeforce card is on that following Saturday. DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which will be 9:00 p.m. EST next Wednesday. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. You will be predicting THREE Title fights.

Here is an example of a correct prediction:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

If you need reference for how confidence points work, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

I will not be reminding anyone about confidence points... it's your responsibility to understand the system.

I will be sending my predictions to jmt225 so there is no suspicion of cheating. He will be putting his title on the line against Fizzy, and I wish both of them the best of luck.

Use the provided links to pick fights. You will be predicting 9 fights... so assign your confidence points accordingly, between the two cards.

WEC:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/WEC-50-Cruz-vs-Benavidez-2-13807

WEC Bantamweight Championship
Dominick Cruz vs. Joseph Benavidez
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Anthony Pettis vs. Shane Roller
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Chad Mendes vs. Cub Swanson
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Scott Jorgensen vs. Brad Pickett
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Javier Vazquez vs. Mackens Semerzier
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Strikeforce:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Strikeforce-Houston-14023

Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship
Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Tim Kennedy
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Bobby Lashley vs. Chad Griggs
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

The turnout for this contest was pretty disappointing. Fizzy is the new champ because JMT225 forgot to send picks in. He had 17 points.

Dressler has the title shot against Fizzy for the UFC 118 card, and congratulations to him. The points broke down like this:

Dressler - 34
Buffalo Dave/Indyjon - 31
Guy/Marquis - 27

I think the turnout wasn't good because it was a relatively unknown card with a lot of unknown fighters. I did a terrible job with my picks. Looking forward to the contest between me and Dressler. Goodluck bud.

I gotta agree with Fizzy, I think it was just a matter of to many unknown names for some to predict, but who knows, anyways UFC 118 coming up, can't wait, and good luck to you as well Fiz.

Did you not get mine? It says in my sent PM folder I sent it. Anyways I don't think I won, but I did leave with the moral victory of predicting both main events(Cruz and Feijao's fights) exactly right. I could of swore I sent mine in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back