Raven in...

• WCW

• WWF/E

• ECW

• TNA

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Unusual thread than I normally do, consisting of 4 promotions!!
NOTE: The poll is multiple choice!!

Next in the series...

Raven
33.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1992-1993, 1997-1999...
WWF/E: 1993-1994, 2000-2003...
ECW: 1995-1997, 1999-2000...
TNA: 2003-2008, 2009-?...

Looking at matches, feuds, impact created and accomplishments...What would you say...Raven in WCW, WWF/E, ECW or TNA???

Lets break it down!
-----------------------------------
Feuds
WCW
Diamond Dallas Page, Chris Benoit, Brian Pillman, Filthy Animals...

WWF/E
Crash Holly, Tazz, Matt Hardy, DLo Brown...

ECW
The Pitbulls, Sandman, Stavie Richards, Tommy Dreamer, The Impact Players...

TNA
Jeff Jarrett, Shane Douglas, James Mitchell, Slash & Sinn, Kevin Northcutt, Joe E. Legend, A.J. Styles, Chris Harris, Abyss, Monty Brown, Erik Watts, Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes, Rhino, Larry Zbyszko, Frankie Kazarian, Black Reign, Rellik...
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
1-time WCW Light Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Perry Saturn

WWF/E
26-time WWF/E Hardcore Championship

ECW
2-time ECW World Heavyweight Championship
4-time ECW World Tag Team Championship w/ Stevie Richards (2), Tommy Dreamer (1), and Mike Awesome (1)

TNA
1-time NWA World Heavyweight Championship
King of the Mountain (2005)
My Opinion
You know what...I can't chose!!!
I think he was used perfectly in all 4 promotions..and the fact that I have used 4 promotions here, it makes the decision more tough!! I first saw him wrestle in WCW back in 97, didn't know him from the past promotions...
Okay, I have to pick one and it's going to be TNA, his first run of course...when he came in, he was lucky he was going into a new promotion that never had the big names and when he came he was considered a big name because of his past and what he had done at previous promotions and he was considered a main eventer straight away...he did good in the early years of TNA and I believe he really helped them, looking at the feuds he had were pretty good and they used him for everything he could offer...He was given a good run as NWA world champion...in WCW he had crap reigns, ECW reigns were good and his WWF/E title reigns which was Hardcore title..I mean sure he has the most reigns but at the time I never considered it a title, it was just a fun thing to watch everyweek...

Obviously I have to choose one, So I pick TNA...I voted both TNA and ECW in the poll!!
What would you say??
Please keep thread on topic...thank-you!

Well it goes without saying he was the bigger deal in ECW. Obviously he won the big belt, and his feud with Dreamer is legendary.

For me personally though, I'll always kinda associate him with WCW. It was the first company I saw him in and I always marked for him as a kid. Admittedly he didn't win much in the way of titles, but he had some great matches against the likes of DDP, Benoit, etc. WCW being WCW, he was never gonna make much headway in the main event, but as it turned out WCW didn't book him too badly.

the only reason I picked WCW over ECW, is that I wasnt following ECW back in the early days, (I know I missed a lot!)

but when he had his flock on WCW, I found it to be a great story line for a while.

I didn't watch ECW until it closed down. (Back DVDs, Etc...) So I associate Raven more in WCW. The Flock storyline was awesome. He was dominant and was great in character. He could've went on being the champion after Spring Stampede, but he immediately lost it to Goldberg the next night. That's when I stopped watched WCW.

I'm going to say ECW, with WCW in second place.

I feel that ECW is were Raven truly shined. As others have said, his legendary feud with Tommy Dreamer for one. Including many more of his ECW matches.

Although he didn't win much championships in WCW, Raven's Flock was one of my favorite factions to watch because they always put on great storyline's and entertainment.

Raven's run in ECW was simply spectacular. His feuds with Dreamer, Sandman, Richards, and Funk were all so intriguing and compelling. All drew you in, and all the matches lived up to the hype the feuds generated. ECW is easily the winner here. I enjoyed every second of his time during his first run there (his 2nd run wasn't very good, though).

WCW would come in 2nd, even if Raven was terrible misused. The Flock deal did enough entertaining stuff for me to actually appreciate his time there to a certain extent. I also thoroughly enjoyed Raven's matches against Diamond Dallas Page, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn, Chris Jericho, Goldberg, etc. My only problem was that he never received the main event push he deserved.

Raven's run in TNA has been okay, but I much preferred his first year in the company over anything he did past that. Sure, he had a nice run in the summer of 2005 as NWA Champion, but A) He should have won the belt in 2003, and B) The ending to his run fucking sucked.

And of course, his run in WWE was shit. He had one very good match against Rhyno at Judgment Day 2001, but that and his debut were the only things memorable about his entire run there, unfortunately.

I voted for ECW. I have loved seeing Raven in every promotion. I first saw him in his WWF debut where he interfered in a strap match between Tazz and Jerry Lawler, nailing The King with the Evenflow DDT. I immediately thought "damm that is one cool looking guy- since then every CAW of myself I have made on the Smackdown games has had the ripped jean shorts and leather jacket- I still rock that look myself on occasion haha).

But after becoming a fan of the Raven character in WWF, I went back and watched some of his ECW stuff, and realised how fantastic Raven is on the mic, the guy is captivating and was given the freedom to express himself in ECW that he was never allowed in WWF. The feud with Tommy Dreamer was legendary, and the chairshot heard round the world is one of the most iconic ECW images.

I have never really seen enough of WCW to make a judgement on that, I am still looking for some DVDs that show Raven in WCW, but havent come across any so far.

His first run in TNA was great too, but they really should have put the belt on him earlier than they did. I did MTFO when Raven finally won the NWA world title at Slammiversary, but it should have happened years before, after his feud with Father Mitchell and The New Church. I know Raven has health problems right now which cause him alot of weight issues, and he looks a mess but I still enjoy seeing him on TV. However, I think it is getting close to the time where he needs to hang up the boots, and concentrate on being a GM/Commissioner or manager- his mind for the business is still awesome and he could contribute so much in those ways.

But, yeah, ECW for me. TNA in 2nd place, then WCW then WWF/E

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back