WCW Round 3, Match 1: Sting and Lex Luger vs. the Outsiders

Sting and Lex Luger vs. The Outsiders

• Sting/Luger

• Outsiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following match takes place in a WCW Ring under WCW Rules.

Sting and Lex Luger (begging for a good picture, someone help)

vs. the Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash)
04.jpg

Outsiders all the way in this one. I got them going past the next round of yoko and owen also. Nash is to powerful, and hall is underated. Luger is one dimensional. nash>sting and hall>luger. so theres my answer.

I don't see how you can go wrong with either team. I like Sam's position on this.

But I think the answer is in Shocky's original post of this thread. There isn't a picture of Sting and Luger as a team. These were two guys who were thrown together singles wrestlers and had some success. I firmly believe that they were put together as a tag team expressly to advance singles storylines.

The Outsiders, on the other hand, formed a legitimate Tag Team force. Everybody knew them as former WWF Champ Diesel and former WWF IC Champ Razor Ramon. They had reps coming in to the team, just like Sting and Luger did. But The Outsiders managed to transcend the stereotype of former singles stars making a tag team. Their in-ring team work was flawless, and as a heel team they were classic. Whether it was invading WCW or whatever, for a while these two guys were the IT team.

Even in TNA, when Hall arrived one day for Impact, the sight of seeing Nash and Hall in the ring together was a REALLY neat experience. If Sting and Luger ever stood in the ring together, I venture to guess Mike Tenay would have to remind people they ever were a legit tag team. And even then, I wouldn't buy it.

Outsiders FTW.

Going with the Outsiders. For the life of me, I can't understand why people knock this team so much. People don't realize how bad ass and dominant of a team that this was for a while. You have a former World champion, and arguably one of the five best mid card champions of all time on one team, and they beat the hell out of every decent team thrown at them. The same people that criticize the Outsiders are usually the ones that praise the Outlaws as a great team, please. Sting and Luger were an okay team, but nothing more then a pale attempt at a WCW Mega-Powers.

Outsiders. I think they were overrated, but at the end of the day, Sting and Luger weren't even a team. They were thrown together singles guys that were "best friends". The Outsiders were always a team in WCW, and a good, not great, but good, one at that. The were big, strong guys with some skills. Yes they were as over as they were because of Hogan, but they were good nonetheless. On any day, better than Sting and Luger at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back