WCW Region, Seattle Subregion, Second Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (17) Stan Hansen

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steve Austin

• Stan Hansen

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

300px-KeyArena_%282890740573%29.jpg

SHOP.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

stanhansen.jpg

#17. Stan Hansen

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Two Texans. Two brawlers. Two hard hitting, tough S.O.B.'s. Hansen's history though is littered with the unfortunate factor that he always follows the traditional heel path - he eventually loses to the big babyface. Bruno in WWF, Misawa and Tsuruta in AJPW, hell even the WWF/AJPW crossover show from 1990 he loses to Hogan. What is Steve Austin if not a mega-babyface? Ignoring the fact that Austin's legacy, drawing power, matches etc... are all of a higher standard than Hansen, this alone should secure the Texas Rattlesnake a win over the Texas Lariat. Stunner: 1...WHAT?...2...WHAT?...3...WHAT!

I lay into Hansen all of the time, but I really don't need to here. Austin is far superior in just about every measurable way, and simply has to progress.

Stone Cold has the easiest run to the final four, and matchups like this are why. This would be a fun match, but Austin would win it emphatically and with relative ease.

Austin by pinfall after a Stone Cold Stunner after 14 minutes.

Hasn't Vader defeated Austin numerous times in the tournament over the years on the basis that he is a big brutal stiff monster? That also describes Stan Hansen to a tee. The man that broke Sammartino's neck [in kayfabe] and the man that hit big brutal stiff monster Vader so hard he popped his eye from his socket [in reality.]

Austin should win, but I wonder if those arguments will be a detriment in the polls. Probably not. Vote Austin.

I thought he just beat him once in a dog collar match because Austin's neck is for absolute crap. That didn't stop him from beating big guys like Taker though, throughout his post-injury career. Stan Hansen just doesn't have the stroke to beat Austin.

Thing with Austin is, that he regularly beat guys much bigger and stronger than he was, on the pretense of being incredibly tough. Hansen is a guy, who, if this match were to take place, would be a perfect guy to push a gutsy performance out of the Rattlesnake.

It's also the way that this match would most likely be booked if you took and average of both men's careers. I mean, I was voting Austin anyway, but...

Wow. I would have loved to see this one. Two hard hitting Texans kicking the crap out of eachother would have been a treat to watch. Neither man would give up & with every last bit of gas in the tank, they would have left it all in the ring and had a few beers afterward.

That stunner though is the big factor here. Austin hits that when the chips are down & it always had a way of turning the tide. Taking away nothing from Hansen, he just was never as big of a star as Austin was. So Austin should win here, but damn what a match it would be.

This would have been a bloodbath, Austin is well known as being the "Toughest SOB in the WWF" and Hansen is one guy who'd give him a run for his money. He was one tough, mean bastard.

However, Austin is superior in pretty much every way to Hansen, and while he'd definitely take some punishment (and maybe even a Lariat to his suspect neck), I have no doubt Stone Cold would come out on top.

It's just a shame Hansen is so blind without his glasses that he wouldn't see Austin flipping him the middle finger before hitting the match winning Stunner.

Vote Austin

Where's Lariat to tell us Hansen is the best thing since sliced bread?

I've literally learnt all I know about Stan Hansen from Lariat's posts. I know he was a legitimate badass who could kick ass and his lariat finisher was devastating. Trouble is Steve Austin is just as tough. Guy won a match with a broken freakin neck.

Also he's just a bigger deal. Lariat will go on about how Hansen was great in Japan and everything and I'm not denying that but aside from AWA he seemed to have little success in America. And considering he was only world champion in AWA when WWF was in full force it's kind of sounds like late era WCW in a way.

Got to go with Steve Austin unless Lariat comes out of the woodwork to tell me something else

Yea... as much of an unabashed supporter of Stan Hansen as I am, Austin goes over here. Austin's just as tough, works a similar style to Hansen, and despite his neck issues, he still managed to pin Owen Hart despite being numb from the neck down.

It would be a hard-hitting battle that Hansen would lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back