WCW Attitude Era

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
This is sort of a crazy topic but I was just reminiscing on the past and thinking what if everything that happened in the Attitude Era had happened in the WCW. What if the WCW thought of the concept of the Attitude Era before the WWF would have. Who would have been their Austin, Rock, and Triple H. Who would have been their DX. Who would have been their E & C, Dudley Boyz, and Hardy Boyz. Who would of well hell you should get the picture by now. This is a topic you would really have to put your thinking caps on for. Anyway lets say that the NWO never existed in WCW but Hall and Nash are with the WCW. From Anyone who was apart of the WCW from 1996 and on who would you have made into a Attitude Era type of character.

Austin/DDP Austin would be DDP because He just has the similarites, he connected with the fans in the same way, had a bad ass gimmick, wasn't great on the mic but pretty decent (I thought he was damn good as a heel though), and like the Stunner the Diamond Cutter was by far the most devestating move at the time. My second choice for Austin would obviously be Goldberg he looks just like the guy but other than that nothing to much about Goldberg reminds me about Austin.

The Rock/ Booker T My Rock would have been Booker T because we seen what he did against The Rock and I believe he held up pretty good against him. He was pretty charismatic at the time, and the crowd loved his just as much as The Rock as well, wasn't to great on the mic but he could have improved with a character like The Rock. Now he wouldn't be The Rock but he would be the best choice in my book.

Triple H/ Scott Hall My Triple H would be Scott Hall because like Triple H before he became a world champ he was held down and was by far the most talented wrestler on the roster.

DX/Original Wolfpac/Outsiders DX would have been Hall, Waltman(I know he was actually in DX), and Nash just because the have that attitude like them well everyone in The Klique has that edgy attitude.

Dudley Boyz/The Steiner Bros The Steiner Brothers would be my Dudley Boyz they have that rough and tough type of style like the Dudleys also both are known as 2 of the greatest tag teams of all time.

I can't think of my E & C and Hardy Boyz because WCW sucked when it came with Tag Teams unless they were already established. But I will try my best to see who can compare to these guys.

Edge & ChristianI guess my E & C could be Los Guerrero's because they were pretty funny in the WWE & a charismatic tag team like E & C or The Perfect Event with Palumbo and Stasiak I think would be good as E & C just give them charisma.

Hardy Boyz Hardy Boyz As for who would be the WCW's Hardys I can't think of one maybe someone out of the Natural Born Thrillers or the it could be Los Guerrero's.

APA/Kronik I think Kronik would be good as the APA they had the size and were an ass kicking type of team like the APA.

Anyway thats how I would have made my WCW Attitude Era how would you. You don't exactly have to use the examples I used you could mix it up like who would be your Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, HBK etc...

Your question really doesn't make sense. The NWO era was the "attitude" of WCW. Heck, the "Attitude Era" was nothing original for WWE, but simply their counter-punch to the NWO and everything that was happening in WCW's prime. Mature humor and the increased "realism" started in WCW and was what the WWE had to turn to to take back Monday nights.

Your question really doesn't make sense. The NWO era was the "attitude" of WCW. Heck, the "Attitude Era" was nothing original for WWE, but simply their counter-punch to the NWO and everything that was happening in WCW's prime. Mature humor and the increased "realism" started in WCW and was what the WWE had to turn to to take back Monday nights.

I knew I shouldn't have posted this because I assum theirs alot of people who are confused with what I am saying. What I was saying was basically pick certain wrestlers from the WCW that you think would be able to compare with wrestlers from the Attitude Era. This question has nothing to do with saying did WCW hae their own Attitude Era or anything.

Okay, that makes a little more sense. Hare a few I thought of:

The Rock // Chris Jericho

Had WCW held on to Jericho, he could've been their closest thing to The Rock. He was the most charismatic guy on the roster and could be entertaining to multiple age groups. Booker T has already proven he couldn't come close to The Rock, seeing as how he was basically ripping off his gimmick during the last days of WCW and nobody really bought it. But for a trash-talking, humorous guy who was tolerable as a face and fantastic as a heel, Jericho was the best bet.

Stone Cold // Sting

Really, we saw this in its own way already. Sting was doing the "one man against the world" gimmick all the way until Starrcade when he faced Hogan. While the Diamond Cutter was more similar to the Stunner, Sting's Scorpion Death Drop wasn't too far behind. I never thought DDP was believable as a "beat your ass" kind of badass, but Sting had the credibility from all his years fighting the Horsemen and then the NWO.

DX // The Outsiders

In truth, we already know this one because it already happened. Hall and Nash paved the way for DX. They were the original trash-talking, anti-establishment heels who fans couldn't help but find cool. It's also funny that both teams had Waltman running around as a third-wheel at one point. Eventually, like when the Outlaws joined DX, I'd have added Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell.

The Undertaker // Raven

I'm thinking mostly about the Undertaker's "Ministry of Darkness" era here. If Raven could've ever been used the right way, he could've had a similar run. He certainly had more mic skills than Taker and could've put on better matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back