Sting in the Attitude Era: Where's his place on the card?

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Pretty cut and dry question here. Sting during the Attitude Era helped keep WCW afloat until Nash, Hogan, Russo, and AOL/Time Warner sank the battleship.

Thing is, in the WWE, you have Austin, Rock, Taker, DX, Foley, Angle, Jericho, and the list goes on and on.

Would Sting be a main eventer in the WWE's Attitude Era?

Who would his first feud be with?

How do you debut him?

Does he get fed to the WWE loyalists because Sting = WCW?

Top WCW guys like Booker and DDP were ridiculed (maybe even buried) when they arrived in 2001, but I think that was due to Vince's ego wanting to let the world know that he'd well and truly crushed his rival. Guys who came over before that – Austin, Undertaker, Flair, Foley, Jericho, Triple H, Vader, Sid, Luger, Simmons – were absolutely not kept down. If anything they were given equal or greater opportunities to everyone else.

Sting, to me, sullied his legacy by joining the nWo in May 1998. If at that point he'd instead jumped to the WWF, I believe he'd have been positioned as 1a next to Austin. He was still unbelievably profitable at that time, having been 1997's second-biggest merchandising card (behind Austin) and headliner of the biggest pay-per-view in WCW history (Starrcade 1997) just five months earlier. He may even have supplanted The Rock, although Rock would still have been a top, top guy.

It's a shame Sting never made the jump when he was hot. One WrestleMania match just won't paper over the deficiencies on his resume.

I don't see Sting being all that high up in the card during the Attitude Era in WWE.

At that time, and justifiably so, Sting would have been concerned with Vince burying him because he had been such a major star in WCW and had become such a major star without any influence whatsoever from Vince. Plus, various comments and actions on the part of Hogan, Bischoff, Hall & Nash had made the Monday Night Wars personal for Vince.

Plus, there's the fact that Sting is a highly devout Christian and I think that would have caused friction in him participating in some of the stuff that went on in WWE during the Attitude Era. Even if he wasn't involved in some of the more controversial angles, I think it would have bothered him too much for him to be happy or ultimately keep quiet about what was going on. I think he would have started out strong upon first coming, as Vince would've loved rubbing the fact that the flag bearer for WCW was now working for him into WCW's face, but I think that fractions would've started due to Sting's beliefs and all the raunchiness that Crash TV that was going on in WWE at the time. I think there'd be friction over some of the things WWE would have asked of him, Vince would interpret this as Sting being an egomaniac & difficult to work with even if he knew it was against Sting's religious convictions and Sting would've been pushed down the card before eventually asking for his release.

Sting would have been a draw but not at the very top during those times, I would say he would be at undertaker level or HHH he would not have been the consistent top draws Rock and Austin were. Although many guys main evented Austin and rock were consistent and on a slightly different level, they main evented 3 Wrestlemania in there own feud alone.
Sting would have had his moments though especially with the crow character and even when fans got bored and if he switched it back to the blonde beach boy for a final run I don't think he would have ever been WWF's face at that level austin and rock were.

In this alternate reality, Sting is at the top of the card. He would have the exact same spot as The Undertaker. Always a contender for the title, a title reign here or there, and always involved in the top 1 or 2 feuds.

I'd debut him in the rafters, same as in WCW, but stalking The Undertaker/Ministry of Darkness. Occasionally being repelled down to the ring to take out members of the Ministry... Gangrel, Edge, Christian, Mideon, Viscera... until finally getting his hands on The Undertaker. After that I'd have him go after Austin for the title, in similar fashion The Undertaker did at SummerSlam 1998... face vs face. And then probably a feud with Triple H / The Corporation /McMahon-Helmsley Faction. Always being the lone wolf free agent going against a stable.

I think that Sting would have been a main event player in the WWF as well. He's not Booker T or DDP, who, for all their achievements, are nowhere close to Sting. Booker T was a guy who got the belt in the dying days of WCW because everyone left and DDP too was more of an upper midcarder who main evented occasionally. Sting is like Ric Flair whom Vince did treat rather well when he came to WWF in 1992.

Of course, a lot would depend on whether Vince and Russo's risky style of booking would have agreed with Sting or not, but judging from the fact that Sting did work under Russo in WCW, I guess Sting would have agreed. If he would have, I think he would have started with a feud with Foley given their history in WCW and the fact that Foley makes everyone look good by bumping like a maniac. Then I could see him feuding with Undertaker and Austin. There's a catch, however. Would Sting have turned heel against Austin? I'm thinking that he would have been reluctant and it would have been interesting to see how he would have measured up as a face against Rock and Austin. It might not have been too bad though, because Austin could have left for his surgery earlier and, as a result, may have even prolonged his career.

Anyhow, Vince did not have too many main event guys in early 1998 with the exception of Austin, Undertaker and possibly Kane and Foley, so I think Sting would have been a main eventer at any rate.

It depends how Sting was brought in and when... If when he had the window in 1993-94 then he would have no doubt been pushed in the way Lex was as their "American Hero" type, Red White and Blue facepaint etc. If that had been the case he'd have been ripe for a heel turn by the time 1997 rolled around. But that been said, Sting in WWE radically makes difference to the NWO and WCW's evolution too.

If Sting swaps in late 1994 then you could by extension work that Rude wouldn't be injured and thus would also return (as he was pretty much working out his notice when the injury happened, he wanted no part of Hogan in WCW) so without Sting to work as a partner etc in those early months, WCW and Hogan don't necessarily grow as quickly to allow Nitro. Assuming it does, then it might be different names who are being pushed in the WWF, by extension Sting would likely be taking the spot Diesel got as face champion, Sting would likely be taking that spot and Nash would be upper midcard or at best losing to Sting. Nash and Hall might not be as hot for Bischoff to spend as much on and he might be looking more at Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels or Undertaker.

The NWO without Nash and Hall doesn't get over as much to necessitate the Attitude era...

A lot changes just by Sting being there in that "transitional period".

If he defected post NWO, say 1996-early 1997 then I think his "Crow" thing would still play, he'd be dark, angry and fit into a feud with a heel Undertaker and Mankind etc very easily. Would it have played in the WWE at that time? Not sure... but him vs Stone Cold and Rock would also have worked.

Oh geez some of you guys either have a short memory or are not old enough to put the Attitude Era into proper perspective. I had been watching wrestling for about 10 years before the Attitude Era. Wrestling had gone through some big changes when Hogan left WWE in 93. And WCW had began gaining momentum then. I remember buying PWIs and watching WCW around this time too. Sting was WCW's Hogan. If you were a kid (and a mark as most of us were before the internet), then Sting was their Hogan. Flair was more like Savage as he bounced around from face to heel. Guys like Foley, Vader, Austin, Rude, Sting, Flair were holding their own. I remember thinking up the dream matches there could be if WWF ever did business with WCW. I remember writing up for myself my dream card in 93 and it would have been Hogan vs Sting in the main event. That is how big Sting was in WCW. Had he been in WWE in 93 he would have automatically been put up near the top with Bret, Nash, Backlund, Shawn and Taker. Fast forward a few years. WWE's let go a lot of household names and is using a bunch of soon-to-be stars. Rock, Austin, Foley etc were not what they are today. Guys like Sid and Jeff Jarrett held titles. Sting would easily be main eventing in 95-96. Not sure when the Attitude Era exactly began but I do know one thing for sure. Had Sting been thrown into the mix of Rock, Austin, Taker and Foley during the Monday Night Wars then it would be a HUGE score for WWE. Sting was on top of the world when the Attitude Era started. He was Hogan's #1 nemesis (and Hogan was the greatest wrestler of all time). Had he ended up in the very green WWE, Vince would have used Mr. WCW to his advantage. God knows if he'd screw Sting over after WCW was bought. But we're talking Attitude Era here right? Vince and company would have no other choice but to take advantage of his crazy ass momentum and use Sting to build Austin and the Rock. Sting was a million times more established (and better) than the guys they used instead: Kane, Paul Levesque, Owen Hart and Mick Foley.

I don t see STING lasting in wwe (worst wrestling excrement) If Steve Borden doesn't realize and examine the strngest possibilities that he is being vince's pet and he will
Sting is more concerned with Vince burying him because he had been such a major star in WCW and had become such a major star without any influence whatsoever from Vince.Top WCW guys like Luger,Booker T, Scott Steiner, Hall ,Nash and DDP were ridiculed (maybe even buried) when they arrived in 2001, but I think that was due to Vince's ego wanting to let the world know that he'd well and truly crushed his rival.
He won t stop this quest and obsession till he buries the last remaining ex WCW wrestler and I suggest he listens to Phil Brooks testimony and see what goes on in the wwe locker rooms how many are just collecting paychecks and that's it!
I see Steve Borden returning back to TNA cause Dixie was too good to him and was treated very well by Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett

It depends how Sting was brought in and when... If when he had the window in 1993-94 then he would have no doubt been pushed in the way Lex was as their "American Hero" type, Red White and Blue facepaint etc. If that had been the case he'd have been ripe for a heel turn by the time 1997 rolled around. But that been said, Sting in WWE radically makes difference to the NWO and WCW's evolution too.

If Sting swaps in late 1994 then you could by extension work that Rude wouldn't be injured and thus would also return (as he was pretty much working out his notice when the injury happened, he wanted no part of Hogan in WCW) so without Sting to work as a partner etc in those early months, WCW and Hogan don't necessarily grow as quickly to allow Nitro. Assuming it does, then it might be different names who are being pushed in the WWF, by extension Sting would likely be taking the spot Diesel got as face champion, Sting would likely be taking that spot and Nash would be upper midcard or at best losing to Sting. Nash and Hall might not be as hot for Bischoff to spend as much on and he might be looking more at Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels or Undertaker.

The NWO without Nash and Hall doesn't get over as much to necessitate the Attitude era...

A lot changes just by Sting being there in that "transitional period".

If he defected post NWO, say 1996-early 1997 then I think his "Crow" thing would still play, he'd be dark, angry and fit into a feud with a heel Undertaker and Mankind etc very easily. Would it have played in the WWE at that time? Not sure... but him vs Stone Cold and Rock would also have worked.

LOL how was Lex Luger pushed? Is that why he went back to WCW next night and debuted on NITRO? Lex was not pushed? He never won the title
and please spare me the crappy idea of Sting wearing American flag face paint! He would have jobbed and he will job now to HHH! How's that for
STINK? He is only going for a huge paycheck and back to TNA after

LOL how was Lex Luger pushed? Is that why he went back to WCW next night and debuted on NITRO? Lex was not pushed? He never won the title
and please spare me the crappy idea of Sting wearing American flag face paint! He would have jobbed and he will job now to HHH! How's that for

Are you delusional? Lex Luger got the friggin' Hulk Hogan push in 1993! The all American, over come all odds, Super Cena, vs the evil foreigner push. The difference is that the crowd didn't react to Luger even half as much as they do with Cena today. And a fraction of what Hogan did. That's why they decided to not put the belt on Luger at SummerSlam that year... and why they ultimately went back to Bret, because Bret was way more over. Luger should have always been a heel. Vince just got a boner for his muscles.

I don't know how old you are, but if you watched WCW in 1993 you'd know that Sting was the most over babyface in the business. Maybe him and Bret were on par, but Sting in the early 90s was THE man. Maybe they don't deck him out in stars and stripes, because they wouldn't have needed to. Sting vs Yokozuna (the big bad foreigner), would have been way more over than Lex Luger.

Anyways... this topic is about the Attitude Era. Not the New Generation Era. The only way Sting works in the Attitude Era is if he goes to WWF at some point in 1998, after the full transformation to The Crow happens in 1996-1997. Sting debuts around late 1998 / early 1999, feuds with the Ministry of Darkness, Steve Austin, The McMahon-Helmsley Corporation, he gimmick fits right in. He is a top 5 guy in the company absolutely.

Well, I'm going to assume that you mean Sting jumps ship DURING the Attitude Era and not before so I'll assume Sting comes over to the WWE in early 1998. I think Sting in 1998 has basically the same spot as the Undertaker in the sense that he's a constant title contender, and a solid worker who could have a good match with anybody. At this point he would have been vastly more over than The Rock, HHH, and Mankind as these guys hadn't completely hit their strides yet, and Michaels and Bret would have been gone. That leaves two established main eventers on the roster; Stone Cold and Taker, three if you want to count Kane at this time.

Sting would have definitely been involved in the World title feud throughout 1998 with either Austin or Taker, and probably would have been used to help elevate the young guys like HHH and The Rock throughout his run, again much like The Undertaker. I think he takes a step back once The Rock, HHH, and Foley come into their own, but he would still remain an integral part of the company for the next decade and a half much like... you guessed it The Undertaker.

Taker and Sting go hand in hand and I think there careers would have paralleled each others similarly to the way Rock/HHH's did.

Lex main evented and was at the top of the card his entire tenure in WWE. As far as his leaving was concerned, at this time WCW and WWE were neck and neck, partly because of the influx of Hogan & Savage and Flair's return as well as WWE's decline, also because interest in pro wrestling in general had been on decline in the US since about late 1990-1991 on, and what interest there was had a lot to do with the 80s stars still active (which WCW cornered the market). Remember in the Pre-NWO days of the Monday Night Wars the two shows were about equal and Nitro won a lot of weeks, especially in late winter/early spring period in 1996. Lex basically was told he'd be right be where he was in WWE, at or near the top of the card, only he'd be paid more and get to wrestle bigger names. It was an easy decision, especially since WCW did fewer shows and less international travel. Bigger matches, same spot on the card, fewer dates, more pay.

Here's a better question... if Sting jumped and took someone's spot, who's more likely to go to WCW?

If Sting who says he takes anyone's spot ? If he jumps at the start of the Attitude Era half the "stars" of the era haven't become stars yet, they didn't have spots - if he comes later he simply is added to the top tier of performers.

The real question is what would have happened had Sting jumped BEFORE Attitude and before the NWO, Sting in 1994 would have immediately been the #1 or #2 face in WWE alongside Brett Hart and a bigger name than anyone on the roster at that time. What would have happened to the pushes for guys like HBK & Nash if Sting was there at W-Mania 10 for instance ?

Are you delusional? Lex Luger got the friggin' Hulk Hogan push in 1993! The all American, over come all odds, Super Cena, vs the evil foreigner push. The difference is that the crowd didn't react to Luger even half as much as they do with Cena today. And a fraction of what Hogan did. That's why they decided to not put the belt on Luger at SummerSlam that year... and why they ultimately went back to Bret, because Bret was way more over. Luger should have always been a heel. Vince just got a boner for his muscles.

The WWE crowds were very much into Luger....when he was The Narcissist evil heel character. Fact is, by the early 90s there weren't many wrestling fans that didn't watch both shows even if they had a preference, they were familiar with both products. in WCW for most of the last two years of his run Luger was a megal heel, basically pushed in Flair's role as the scheming heel champion obsessed with himself. When he first jumped to WWE while Vince tweaked that so slightly he basically ran with the same character, and he did well as a heel.

Now as fan fave Luger didn't get off to a great start, mainly because his face turn was abrubt and nonsensical - why would "The Narcissist" care about the fat Japenese guy that hated America ? Likewise, why would the "The Total Package" self obsessed heel champion of WCW care about the fat Japanese guy who hated America ? He wouldn't, plain and simple. It made no sense, and having Luger suddenly go travelling the country on Lex Express to sign autographs and meet fans made even less sense since he hadn't cared one bit about any fans (and made everyone well aware) for nearly four years at that point. There was never any attempt by WWE to explain Luger's sudden affection for the fans or his out of nowhere patriotism. It didn't make sense and for that it never clicked.

Now the NWA did run a similar story circa 1985 where heel Flair seemingly got some patriotism and upset that NWA fan faves like Magnum TA hadn't shut up evil "Russian Nightmare" Nikita Kolloff decided he would do it self, and was wildly cheered by fans during that brief face run. However, Kolloff was a much more hated heel that Yoko was and Flair was a much more charismatic performer than Luger, essentially he could sell the lack of sense in the face turn better simply because he was better. Yoko was a good heel but he wasn't drawing heat like 1985 Kolloff and Luger , although he was good and had HOF worthy career (he really belongs in the WWE HOF), he wasn't Flair.

Sting actually would have been a good fit in that role since he had been a top tier fan fave with a Hogan-like reputation for caring about his fans since 1988. It would have made perfect sense to fans and would have been an easy sell. That was probably the best time for Sting to jump, Vince was looking for someone other than Hart as his "Go To" guy and Sting had the promos, and the charisma (the two knocks everyone always used on Hart) as well as good in ring skills (better than Luger), he would have been given the ball and allowed to run with it if he had jumped back then.

Sting would have had a more prominent spot in the early stages of the Attitude era, 1996-97 when the WWE talent pool was still developing.

By 1998-99 Austin, Rock, Foley would have still been the top 3 guys, in the smack talk era of the time. Sting represented the traditional 'Good Guy in the White hat' babyface character, much like Bret Hart.... which of course was regarded as dated at the time by WWE standards.
In the Attitude era the most popular wrestlers were the ones with the best catchphrases and committed the lewdest acts.... regardless of face/heel status. I'm not sure if that would really play to Stings strengths (and moral way of thinking).
Plus Sting would be hitting 40 around this time.... when the WWE were wanting to create and push new stars, they seemed to relish in the fact that WCW was the 'old mans home'.

I think Sting would have been treated with more respect than DDP/Booker were in 2001... possible world title contender in 1996-97.... but into the Austin/Rock era.... he'd be more of a guy who puts over the top WWE stars.

I don't know how old you are, but if you watched WCW in 1993 you'd know that Sting was the most over babyface in the business. Maybe him and Bret were on par, but Sting in the early 90s was THE man. Maybe they don't deck him out in stars and stripes, because they wouldn't have needed to. Sting vs Yokozuna (the big bad foreigner), would have been way more over than Lex Luger.

Anyways... this topic is about the Attitude Era. Not the New Generation Era. The only way Sting works in the Attitude Era is if he goes to WWF at some point in 1998, after the full transformation to The Crow happens in 1996-1997. Sting debuts around late 1998 / early 1999, feuds with the Ministry of Darkness, Steve Austin, The McMahon-Helmsley Corporation, he gimmick fits right in. He is a top 5 guy in the company absolutely.

Exactly what I was thinking. If Sting jumped ship after the Hogan feud around 98 and engaged the Corporate Ministry that would have been over in a huge way, especially if the feud culminated with a Sting v. Taker match. I can see Triple H and DX leading the midcard feud against them, Austin being at the forefront, and Sting in the background.

If Sting jumped ship at the start of the Attitude era, which I consider around the time the Hart Foundation formed, and you had the gang wars story line etc., I seem him most likely being an upper mid card-main event guy with his Stinger gimmick. Maybe working an early feud with Vader. A Sting vs Warrior match would have been huge and superior to the Warrior working with Jerry Lawler earlier that year. Sting could have feuded with Hart, donned red, white, and blue attire, etc. and went over bigger than The Patriot. The match could have been an I Quit match pitting their submissions against one another.

Assuming the Montreal Screwjob still happened, I could see the Stinger gimmick working well against DX and maybe leading to a Royal Rumble match before Austin got the nod.

Going into the rest of 1998 I don't know where Sting would have fit in. Without some kind of gimmick change I think the storylines would outpace The Stinger character in depth.

Pretty cut and dry question here. Sting during the Attitude Era helped keep WCW afloat until Nash, Hogan, Russo, and AOL/Time Warner sank the battleship.

Thing is, in the WWE, you have Austin, Rock, Taker, DX, Foley, Angle, Jericho, and the list goes on and on.

Would Sting be a main eventer in the WWE's Attitude Era?

Who would his first feud be with?

How do you debut him?

Does he get fed to the WWE loyalists because Sting = WCW?

During most of the first 2 years(97-98) of the Attitude Era Sting was THE TOP FACE in the BIGGEST WRESTLING COMPANY IN THE WORLD. The WWE white-washing of wrestling history can't change that. WCW was bigger and better, and Sting was the most popular guy. He was the one everyone stayed tuned into WCW Nitro for all year long in 1997, just to see him come down from the rafters and whup NWO's ass every week.

Not seeing why his spot would change if he was in a less popular company. Actually, WWF wouldn't have been stupid enough to make him do something like join the NWO Wolfpack(which made NO SENSE for his character to do) and he probably would've stayed on top even longer than he did. He was still big in the 2nd half of 98 until 2001....but not as hot as he was in 97-first half of 98.

Yes id definitely have him in the main event picture. I would not make him job to everyone. Vince would not have burried him because sting was huge back then. Fueds vs undertaker, kane, rock, hbk, austin would have been mania matches. And he would have main evented mania 2 to 3 maybe 4 times. There would have been some amazing fueds

U would have debuted him after the WrestleMania 17 main event and had him brawl with Austin through the crowd all the way to the back. People would think he would be put in the title pictue, but i think he would deserve more. Id debut him against Jericho. And id have him main event mania 18 with his 1st matxh against austin in wwe. after winning the royal rumble of course. Id have him drop the title to Austin ir rock at summerslam. Ud put him against Kane at mania 19 in a hell in cell for no title. Mania 20 against hbk for title. Would have been a great match. Drop title to undertaker a few ppv later. Have him beat the undertaker clean at survivor series. At mania 21 have sting vs edge for intercontinental. Have him lose to ddp at summerslam. Mania 22 against mankind for hardcore title in a cage. Drop title to raven few ppv later. Raven deserved to be put over. Mania 23 against Kurt angle for usa title . Have him drop to angle at summerslam. Mania 24 main event against rock and triple j in triple threat and win. Have him drop title to brock lesnar at summersla. Win title back at chamber.Id have sting lose belt to taker for main event of mania 25. Mania 26 beat Bret hart in a submission ironman match. Id have him lose his career against probaly randy Orton at a mania 27 because he is a fan of randy. Many possibilities. Probably made him a 10 time heavyweight champ, 5 time wwe champ, 1x hardcore champ, 6x usa champ,2x intercontinental. Tag champ with taker x1. That's just me. Always put on a great show.and connects really well with crowds. I would of had him put over edge,Jeff hardy, Orton, swagger, Barrett, lesnar before he retired.

Hope he fights triple h at rumble, kane on a raw. bray Wyatt and Orton at fastlane. And taker at mania 31 and hang his boots up. I'd have him beat Rollins in a squash match raw before mania 31. Then give Rollins the upset cash in after the main event.

Sting would have had a more prominent spot in the early stages of the Attitude era, 1996-97 when the WWE talent pool was still developing.

By 1998-99 Austin, Rock, Foley would have still been the top 3 guys, in the smack talk era of the time. Sting represented the traditional 'Good Guy in the White hat' babyface character, much like Bret Hart.... which of course was regarded as dated at the time by WWE standards.
In the Attitude era the most popular wrestlers were the ones with the best catchphrases and committed the lewdest acts.... regardless of face/heel status. I'm not sure if that would really play to Stings strengths (and moral way of thinking).
Plus Sting would be hitting 40 around this time.... when the WWE were wanting to create and push new stars, they seemed to relish in the fact that WCW was the 'old mans home'.

I think Sting would have been treated with more respect than DDP/Booker were in 2001... possible world title contender in 1996-97.... but into the Austin/Rock era.... he'd be more of a guy who puts over the top WWE stars.

Sting would smack people up with a baseball bat. He was a badass character by that point, I think he would've done fine in 98-99 WWF. Overall, I agree with you.....but I think Sting had enough cred and the gimmick to be an exception.

Yes id definitely have him in the main event picture. I would not make him job to everyone. Vince would not have burried him because sting was huge back then. Fueds vs undertaker, kane, rock, hbk, austin would have been mania matches. And he would have main evented mania 2 to 3 maybe 4 times. There would have been some amazing fueds

U would have debuted him after the WrestleMania 17 main event and had him brawl with Austin through the crowd all the way to the back. People would think he would be put in the title pictue, but i think he would deserve more. Id debut him against Jericho. And id have him main event mania 18 with his 1st matxh against austin in wwe. after winning the royal rumble of course. Id have him drop the title to Austin ir rock at summerslam. Ud put him against Kane at mania 19 in a hell in cell for no title. Mania 20 against hbk for title. Would have been a great match. Drop title to undertaker a few ppv later. Have him beat the undertaker clean at survivor series. At mania 21 have sting vs edge for intercontinental. Have him lose to ddp at summerslam. Mania 22 against mankind for hardcore title in a cage. Drop title to raven few ppv later. Raven deserved to be put over. Mania 23 against Kurt angle for usa title . Have him drop to angle at summerslam. Mania 24 main event against rock and triple j in triple threat and win. Have him drop title to brock lesnar at summersla. Win title back at chamber.Id have sting lose belt to taker for main event of mania 25. Mania 26 beat Bret hart in a submission ironman match. Id have him lose his career against probaly randy Orton at a mania 27 because he is a fan of randy. Many possibilities. Probably made him a 10 time heavyweight champ, 5 time wwe champ, 1x hardcore champ, 6x usa champ,2x intercontinental. Tag champ with taker x1. That's just me. Always put on a great show.and connects really well with crowds. I would of had him put over edge,Jeff hardy, Orton, swagger, Barrett, lesnar before he retired.

Hope he fights triple h at rumble, kane on a raw. bray Wyatt and Orton at fastlane. And taker at mania 31 and hang his boots up. I'd have him beat Rollins in a squash match raw before mania 31. Then give Rollins the upset cash in after the main event.

Umm....your timeline is way, way off. The Summerslam after WM 21....DDP was not in WWE, and hadn't been for like 4 years.

Mania 22....the hardcore title did not even exist anymore. Nor was Raven in the company to drop it to.

Mania 23.....Kurt Angle was long gone from the WWE by this point.

Mania 24.....The Rock was long gone from WWE by this point, and would not return for several more years. Nor was Brock Lesnar around to drop it to at Summerslam.

Mania 26....a submission IRON MAN MATCH with Bret Hart? A guy who had a stroke and severe concussions and was retired for a decade and could TAKE NO BUMPS is going to wrestle an Ironman match? Good God.

None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

I don't think Vince would have crushed him like he did other WCW guys,which Sting feared, because Sting was a money maker. What level on the card he would be is hard to say. He was now the darker Sting but he also became born again around this time so I don't know if he would have been comfortable with some of the edgy angles of the Attitude Era.

I think it would of been beneficial for both Sting and WWE at nearly the start of the attitude era Bret Hart left and only a few months later Shawn Michaels left who had been the WWE's top 2 up till that point so someone like Sting would have been perfect to fill that main event spot during that time and would of been a lot of big name match senarios, In WCW they had so many main eventers during that time it felt like he was sort of pushed aside.

I don't think Sting would have been buried had he joined WWE. He was far too big a name in the business by that point for Vince to waste the money-making opportunities that The Stinger would have brought to the company. He wasn't a Booker T or a DDP..he was STING. People would have paid big money to see him lock up with the likes of Austin, Rock, Michaels, HHH, Angle and many others he had never previously wrestled.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Sting would have been a multi-time World Champion had he made the jump to WWE, especially after the end of the Attitude Era when the storylines were a bit tamer again and the matches less bloody, which would fit in with Sting's strong religious beliefs, as it did with HBK's. Sting would have been allowed to veto things he felt uncomfortable with.

We saw in TNA that Sting was able to perform at a high level for years, even up to around 2010, so we could have seen a good 6 or 7 year full-time run for him in WWE, even if he'd come to the company a year or so after WCW shut down. While I've enjoyed alot of his work in TNA, it is a shame in a way that such a huge star didn't come to WWE and perform on the highest stage for such a long time, with the last decade of his career spent in a much smaller company, when fans were crying out for him to come to WWE to face 'Taker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back