Waltman Missed But Had Reasons

axl626

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is anyone else glad to hear that Waltman didn't fall off again? For those of you who don't know he missed last night's PPV but reportedly cleared it with TNA and no hard feelings are said to be there.

Now he's not my favorite wrestler but I'm glad that he and Hall seem to be working out so far. I was kind of worried last night that maybe Waltman reverted back and figured Hall might not be too far off. Both guys were and are immensely talented and while they may be too far gone for a title run they both can still deliver as Hall showed and Waltman has shown. I'm still cautious with them as I'm sure most fans and wrestlers are but here's to hoping they prove us wrong. And sorry if there's a thread for this, I didn't see one.

Do we know what the reasons are? Missing a PPV isn't something I would think would go over to well unless your sister died or something.

Hall/Waltman are just two of many filling a bloated roster with old guys who have barely any gas left in the tank.

I don't understand how anyone thinks they can still deliver.

I was there the whole weekend, and he wasn't there at all. The FanInteraction was on Saturday, and he was supposed to be signing with The Band, but wasn't there either, and what I read on WZ was that he couldn't wrestle because he hadn't cleared the Missouri State Athletic Association or something. That doesn't explain him missing an autograph session though.

I'm not sure about this one guys. He may be coming up with excuses, and eventually just not show up. I will say that Scott Hall was SUPER awesome at the signing on Saturday and said to me, "Thanks for coming out man, I really appreciate it and have a good weekend." Hall has now become one of the guys I'll be giving pops to from now on, good guy...even though the he's "The Bad Guy." lol.

Haha yeah, he didn't fall off the wagon.

Shark Boy posts on the Observer message board, and this is what he posted. Considering the fact that he's "in the know"... I'd believe what he says over some unsubstantiated info the guy in the OP is putting out...

deadseadrop said:
Sean Waltman worked for GLCW last night in the MN area and told some fans he would not be at Lockdown. Waltman was said to be blitzed out of his mind and said "I'm not doing to the JOB for what they are paying me". As of around 2pm he had yet to arrive in St. Louis.

Waltman should be glad someone's employing his untalented ass to begin with. He should also realize that he's running out of chances here and that this is probably going to cost him his career with TNA. If this doesn't cost him his career, then something else in the near-future will.

I think most folks who have been watching wrestling for any length of time know exactly what they're getting (or will get) when it comes to Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. Here today, gone the next is probably the phrase most appropriate. If you happen to enjoy what they do on TV, appreciate it while you can. If you don't, no worries... they could very well be gone by next weeks show.

As for their specific contributions to the show, I think it's the same as any performer with respect to age, in-ring performance, relevancy, etc. I agree with the majority that The Band shouldn't be winning titles and running roughshod like they did in the old WCW days. Same goes for any of the other "established" (read: older) stars on the roster. However, I think they can play some kind of a role in the company that positively contributes. It doesn't have to be simply doing the J.O.B. for all the younger guys either.

The fact is Nash, Hall, Waltman, Hogan, Flair, and others are VERY recognizable and still carry a certain aura around them even today. This is regardless of their in-ring performances or work-rate. People know who they are and this "familiarity" can only be a benefit to TNA wrestling. Despite being around for 8 years, TNA is a "new" wrestling company for many, many people. Ultimately, that familiarity and aura is precisely why they were signed in the first place.

Every wrestling company does this... WCW brought on established stars before its successes against the WWF. That star power (initially) contributed immensely to the product. Terry Funk had a solid run in the original ECW way past his prime. Paul Heyman has gone on record saying there wouldn't have been an ECW without Terry Funk. Just recently, WWE brought Bret Hart back for one more go at Wrestlemania and to (seemingly) put over the Hart Dynasty. Everybody can contribute as long as its within a certain capacity.

As an aside, why is TNA so heavily criticized for doing what essentially equates to the exact same thing?

Seriously, stop criticizing Waltman for this. How many times has he skipped out without telling anyone A LOT, but look what he did this time, he actually told them he wouldn't make it IN ADVANCE!!!! and it was cleared by the TNA owners. I dont see anything wrong with this. The guy could be exhausted. He doesnt owe anyone anything to get in that ring and work his butt off for us. He had other issues to take care of that we dont specifically know about. SO LAY OFF

Seriously, stop criticizing Waltman for this. How many times has he skipped out without telling anyone A LOT, but look what he did this time, he actually told them he wouldn't make it IN ADVANCE!!!! and it was cleared by the TNA owners. I dont see anything wrong with this. The guy could be exhausted. He doesnt owe anyone anything to get in that ring and work his butt off for us. He had other issues to take care of that we dont specifically know about. SO LAY OFF

Well said... It isn't anyone's business why Waltman missed Lockdown... Clearly if he contacted and received permission to miss an important PPV and received NO company heat there was a legit reason... So all the people bashing him need to leave the guy alone and give him what TNA did and that is a final chance to end his career on a positive note...

And just for the record I am by no means a Waltman fan, however I do believe in giving people the benifit of the doubt!!!

On a side note, Am I the only person who would love to see a feud between Waltman & RVD??? These 2 guys have arguably the most educated feet in the business and both guys when motivated can still go.... I honestly think they could put on a match that could rival Styles & Daniels or Angle & Wolfe

i hope he had a good reason for missing last night and that everything is o k, him and hall seem to be getting along with everyone else pretty well and they are having a decent run this time, let hope he hasnt screwd things up again.

Give Waltman a break? Give me a friggin break, dude. If Batista were to miss Extreme Rules would you say that's okay if he called in advance? Plus you say he "doesnt owe anything to anybody"? How about the freakin MONEY he's getting to perform? Exhausted or not, thats no excuse. HE chose to come back. Nobody made him, so unless somebodys dying, he should show up, at least to the damn fan signing. That pissed me off too.

Give Waltman a break? Give me a friggin break, dude. If Batista were to miss Extreme Rules would you say that's okay if he called in advance? Plus you say he "doesnt owe anything to anybody"? How about the freakin MONEY he's getting to perform? Exhausted or not, thats no excuse. HE chose to come back. Nobody made him, so unless somebodys dying, he should show up, at least to the damn fan signing. That pissed me off too.

Dude honestly i could care less about batista! i would be happy he missed. But what about tnite on Raw if i bought a ticket to Raw expecting Raw superstars and knowing they werent going to be there for a good reason i would be okay with it (FYI they wont, they are in europe). i dont think wrestlers owe us nething, including waltman.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that if Batista wasn't allowed to wrestle in a state for whatever reason, then WWE management would find a way to write him off of the story for a night or two. I like what the previous poster had to say about this as well... with the exception of Triple H, ALL of Raw's superstars won't be there tonight. Shit happens.

Secondly, Batista is under contract with WWE. That means unless he's hurt or had a family emergency or is taking time off, he is contractually obligated to be at the event because it's part of his salary. As I understand, Waltman and Hall are pay-per-appearance players and do not get their money up front. He gave them a heads up and that's all that matters. It's not for us, the wrestling community, to pass judgment on anyone and I really wish people would stop with the self-righteous BS.

actually, he does owe people an explanation IMO. You pay to see these people perform. I know the whole "card subject to change" thing, but seriously, how often does it actually change the day of unless dealing with injuries. And even dealing with injuries it usually happens more than 48 hours in advance.

These people paying to come see you "JOB" is what's paying your has been ass' salary.

IMO

He gave TNA a call stating that he can't be there for whatever reason and they gave him the OK, I for once find it amusing that we care more about TNA's buissness desicion to let him no show more than TNA themselves do, they know that Waltman no show may have costed them some money but they agreed to lee him no show, due to family emergency or the lisence or whatever reason it is.

It is TNA's creative's fault that they didn't write him off in advance, a good storyline or a good segment where they show Waltman got attacked or even say that he had an accident while going to the event would've been okay and no one would've complained about his no show, this is no way like Hall's Turning Point 2007 no show where he simply told the company "F**k you" and was no where to be found.

You've gotta be kidding me. I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about Scott Hall's unkempt facial hair. So Sean no-showed. I took a piss, Raw airs on Monday's and Hornswoogle is still employed. However he gave an explanation and a good heads up. That isn't typical. I say we give him the benefit of the doubt. Its not every day Sean Waltman does the right thing. He's just one mid-carder. Replacing isn't a big deal. If TNA isn't mad, the locker room isn't mad, then nobody should be mad. But you are.

You've gotta be kidding me. I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about Scott Hall's unkempt facial hair. So Sean no-showed. I took a piss, Raw airs on Monday's and Hornswoogle is still employed. However he gave an explanation and a good heads up. That isn't typical. I say we give him the benefit of the doubt. Its not every day Sean Waltman does the right thing. He's just one mid-carder. Replacing isn't a big deal. If TNA isn't mad, the locker room isn't mad, then nobody should be mad. But you are.

Exactly, I agree with all this..

Why the fuck does anyone care that Waltman no showed and cleared it with TNA before hand? No one should give a damn his spot on the roster is NOT the same as someone like batista or Cena, this kind of thing happens from time to time. If TNA gave him the okay and all is well then what right do we have to bitch and moan?

I mean did ANYONE really pay to see the PPV beacuse of X-Pac?? really?? there die hard X-Pac fans out there??? who??? IMO it was the other matchs people wanted to see so I see NOTHING wrong with what Pac did, he was able to work it out with TNA. Why the hell do we deserve an explination? what if it was private? If YOU called in sick from your job due to having a testical infection should the rest of your staff know? Absolutely NOT its a right to privacy. He didn't try to Hot Shot TNA.. he went about this the correct way. Just let it go and stop acting like he was the reason you ordered in the PPV in the first place. People just looking for more dirt to complain about.. its very obvious that both Hall and Waltman have been turning a very positive corner lately. I for one hope they continue on the same path.

Doug Willaims on the other hand got a raw deal form TNA. No way around that.

Why does anyone still believe anything they read on the internet?

The article I read about Waltman clearly stated "Waltman was telling people at an indy show he was done with TNA". NOW. And this IS important; we have an official report telling us Waltman let TNA know in advance he wouldnt make it.

Once again these "news" sites have worked the internet.

Pfft so much for being smart to the business

Guess that just makes you marks

Why does anyone still believe anything they read on the internet?

The article I read about Waltman clearly stated "Waltman was telling people at an indy show he was done with TNA". NOW. And this IS important; we have an official report telling us Waltman let TNA know in advance he wouldnt make it.

Once again these "news" sites have worked the internet.

Pfft so much for being smart to the business

Guess that just makes you marks

What are you then? Bubba The Love Sponge? Everybody who smart to anything, at all, should know that people like to rib, jab and stab at anything they can find. Do you have proof that the report is true? Do you have proof that Waltman said that? Do you have proof that he's really done? Because I still see his page on the roster. He's still being promoted by TNA. I will continue to think of him as TNA talent until TNA itself says he's gone. The hell I care why he no-showed. The report said something about not being allowed to compete by his home state. I don't live state-side so I don't know didly about your law. Maybe he had some sickness. Gas? Maybe he... Yeah, I don't care. This is a problem for him and TNA to settle. If he felt like not going and they let it slide, its their loss. Not ours. We got a very suitable replacement with Kevin Nash. Outsiders vs 3D > ICP Ass Kissers vs 3D. Syxx-Pac is not why people ordered Lockdown. But like I said, people love to jab and stab at what they can find.

What are you then? Bubba The Love Sponge? Everybody who smart to anything, at all, should know that people like to rib, jab and stab at anything they can find. Do you have proof that the report is true? Do you have proof that Waltman said that? Do you have proof that he's really done? Because I still see his page on the roster. He's still being promoted by TNA. I will continue to think of him as TNA talent until TNA itself says he's gone. The hell I care why he no-showed. The report said something about not being allowed to compete by his home state. I don't live state-side so I don't know didly about your law. Maybe he had some sickness. Gas? Maybe he... Yeah, I don't care. This is a problem for him and TNA to settle. If he felt like not going and they let it slide, its their loss. Not ours. We got a very suitable replacement with Kevin Nash. Outsiders vs 3D > ICP Ass Kissers vs 3D. Syxx-Pac is not why people ordered Lockdown. But like I said, people love to jab and stab at what they can find.

No. What I am is someone who can read and understand english.

My whole point is the same as YOURS dumbass.

Here it is for you slowly so you can figure it out;

The. Internet. Is. Full. Of. People. Trying. To. Appear. Smart. Even. Though. They. Jump. On. Every. Article. And. Believe. Its. True/Real. Because. It. Suits. Their. Agenda.

Simple enough for ya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back