Vince Is Mad At Del Rio

XXJJ

Championship Contender
He went crazy on Del Rio backstage on Raw for mentioning his name on Raw. Because Vince is making his on screen return soon.

RIP Del Rio push. Back to mid card status for Del Rio. :lmao: I think it is now time to push Dolph Ziggler. IMO he is better than Mr Perfect.

Yes Vince because if no one mentions you for a few weeks then everyone will be shocked when you rock back up around SS and the power struggle story line is played out! If this true then whats new, apparently he was pissed at Morrison too if you believe what you read. I'm sure Vince is none to happy with recent Raw rating, i'd assume this would not be helping his mood either.

However Del Rio has been making an arse of it recently, the visa situation could not have happened at a worse time for him personally, and was very sloppy on his part considering he had just had the title belt put on him, his title run was mediocre at best, now this. I also sense a de-push, I think he may be a bit of a spare wheel in the HIAC build up, but you never know maybe its all been blown out of proportion.

ziggler better than perfect HA... i guess cena is better than hogan
vince is a grumpy old man who needs to chill the fuck out, the way his company is going it will be 96 all over again on its way to been bankrupt..

Well unlike Del Rio Ziggler has no personality so maybe he should get some of that before he climbs higher up the ladder, you can't have someone that bland become a main eventer, it just doesn't work.

Ziggler is reliable to have good matches but he has never had a match that was actually memorable in every way, they are good but ultimately forgettable. If Ziggler was fired tomorrow no one would remember him in a month because like his matches he is forgettable at the current time.

Ziggler is good in the ring, getting better on the mic but he just isn't there yet. He needs to get more personality and get a better reaction from the crowd first and he isn't gonna be able to rely of Vickie's heat forever, a time comes where he will need to do it on his own and he just doesn't do that yet.

Another thing is he is NOT better in Mr. Perfect in any way, shape or form, not knocking what you think its just my opinion. Perfect was miles ahead in charisma, character and mic skills, got a much better reaction and could carry anyone to a great match. He was a better wrestler than Ziggler and has had plenty of matches and moments that are worth remembering even 20 years after they happened (like his Summerslam match with Bret Hart and his classic vignettes).

Lastly I don't think Del Rio is gonna be in the dog house for mentioning his name on screen, he may get relegated down the ladder a bit but Del Rio gets a good reaction from the crowd and does much better than Ziggler with what he is given. Del Rio may fall off the radar for a bit (he has before) but he will be back on it soon enough.

Vince's single biggest problem is that he's a control freak. He feels that unless he micromanages every single aspect of every single thing that's going on, it's all going to evaporate right before his eyes.

I respect Vince McMahon for what he's done for and meant to wrestling. At the same time, however, this is an example of Vince completely blowing something out of proportion. To some degree, I do think Vince is a little "out of touch" because he underestimates the general intelligence of the fans. It's nothing new and it's a mind set that lots of promoters still have whether it be in WWE, ROH TNA or wherever. But, as fans, we KNOW that Vince is really the one still ultimately pulling the strings. We KNOW that he hasn't been relieved of his duties by the WWE Board of Directors. If it happens on a wrestling television program, it's kayfabe. In this day and age, even the most casual of casual fans knows that. We KNOW that he's going to be coming back eventually. Just because Del Rio happened to mention his name was nothing. It's not like Del Rio said Vince was going to return or when he was going to return. He was just in character venting his frustration at Triple H because he was no longer WWE Champion.

Del Rio is one of my favorites. I don't just want to see him de-pushed back to the midcard. He just has the "it" factor. It's pretty weird Vince yelled at him considering how high he is and always has been on Del Rio. I think he feels Del Rio let him down. Well can't wait to see how this plays out.

Now Vince has been known to have an anger management problem. Always yelling at employees most notably the commentators. But this is just something unusual. Just weeks ago a report surfaced online about Vince really liking Del Rio and the next thing you know he's pissed off at him. This should be interesting and I hope Alberto doesn't get shoved back to the midcard.

About the Ziggler push just give him two or three more months with his title then he can move on to challenging for a world title. Barrett needs a push too. Why is he appearing on Superstars again?

Well unlike Del Rio Ziggler has no personality so maybe he should get some of that before he climbs higher up the ladder, you can't have someone that bland become a main eventer, it just doesn't work.

Normally I'm with you but I've gotta disagree here. On Raw this past Monday, Ziggler really showed some fire in his promo. He really and truly did step out of Vickie's shadow in my view there. Ziggler has the personality and the ability, he just hasn't really been given tons of opportunity to really show what he's got. Last Monday, in my view, was a big step forward for Dolph Ziggler and I think showed that he can do it if really just given a shot.

Normally I'm with you but I've gotta disagree here. On Raw this past Monday, Ziggler really showed some fire in his promo. He really and truly did step out of Vickie's shadow in my view there. Ziggler has the personality and the ability, he just hasn't really been given tons of opportunity to really show what he's got. Last Monday, in my view, was a big step forward for Dolph Ziggler and I think showed that he can do it if really just given a shot.

I didn't get the chance to see it this Monday so I'll take your word for it and give it a watch. I had to comment on what I've seen before that and I always felt he had potential and could do very well just has some work to do. Sounds like he stepped up big time and if that's the case awesome, hopefully it will keep happening down the road and eventually we will have a new main eventer on our hands.

All in all I agree with your words with Vince on the Del Rio situation, he really has to stop micro managing everything and calm down a bit when one little thing doesn't go his way. I know its his company but that ridiculous especially since I feel Del Rio has been doing well over the last long while.

Who isn't Vince mad at? He seems to blow a gasket at anything. This is just a typical Vince McMahon overreaction. It is just like Jack-Hammer said. His post is spot on with exactly how I feel about this. Vince is great. I love Vince and everything he has done for professional wrestling, but he seems to be out of touch with things. We know he is still the head honcho, despite what they depict on television. We also know Vince will be back sometime, he always comes back. I doubt this effects Del Rio at all. It seems they are high on him despite the fact he dropped the title to Cena soon after winning it.

As for Ziggler. He showed something Monday in that promo. I've been begging for Dolph to get more mic time, as I've felt he'd shine if they just let him talk more and on Monday it showed. The kid has everything, it is just a matter of putting it all together. I find him more entertaining than Del Rio, but that's for a different time.

BREAKING NEWS! VINCE MCMAHON IS A CONTROL FREAK!

If you couldn't tell, I was using sarcasm to express the idea that thinking that Vince McMahon is anything else other than a control freak is ridiculous. He's very meticulous, everybody says so. But hey, you can't create an entertainment empire without being a bit controlling.

As for del Rio, I really doubt this will affect him much. His push is far too big for it to be blown over a minor occurrence. Del Rio himself might be phased if it's his first dressing down from McMahon, but I very much doubt that it is.

I like Del Rio, ok so the gimmick is a rip off of the old JBL character but he does it well and he and Ricardo make a great heel combo, added to this is the fact that he is more than decent in the ring and he has a big upside IMO. I hope he doesnt get de-pushed although my feeling is that this may happen in the short term, but even if it does I can see him moving his way back into contention as he is a good solid heel character and we are lacking those as the moment. If he does drop down the pecking order Im not sure Ziggler is the answer (btw there is no way he's even in the same class as Mr Perfect, one of the greatest ever!!) but I would love to see Barrett get a chance, he's good on the mic and good in the ring and I would love to see how he handles a run with a major title.

I hope ADR gets his push killed. I really don't care for him. He's bland and I don't think he has much characterization; just a one trick pony.

I also agree with you that I would like to see Ziggler be the next one to get a big main event push, but I disagree that he's better than Mr. Perfect. He's not as charismatic as Hennig was, but Ziggler's last promo was actually really good, I thought. I'm not saying that he won't get better than Hennig because I think he could, but that's a staggering statement.

What the hell did Del Rio even say? I watched Raw and can't remember anything Del Rio might have said. I'm kind of lost on this whole situation.

It was the segment where ADR went into HHH's office and complained about his rematch being a Triple Threat Match at HIAC instead of a one on one. HHH said that he could face Cena one on one tonight if he didn't want to take part in that. That's when he dropped the line about wanting Vince to come back.

I don't see how this is any different from a director of a movie going "CUT! CUT! CUT!" when an actor does something he doesn't like.

As far as Del Rio's push goes, would anyone really miss him if he wasn't in the title pic? He is like the Tony Romo of guys pushed last year. Touted as a big deal, but very few are actually sold on the guy. And with little reason to be big on the guy in the first place.

Pushes get killed for less so if this is true, then it's a lock that ADR has no shot at becoming a champion at HIAC. Mr. MacMahon is who he is. He hasn't changed ever and what he's been doing has worked no matter if it stresses everyone out or not. Success doesn't allow him to change much. The fact that HHH is the on air boss says that he's willing to at least listen to new ideas so that's a start. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

a part of me wonders how much of this was the writer's responsibility. adr is a guy who likely doesn't get the advantage to ad lib during his promos and parts during segments, so it should be the writers fault, not adr's.

Vince is a asshole.

If he should be livid about anything it's the complete f*uck up of Jerry Lawler being hurt, and going to the hospital because someone supposedly did set up the prop announcing table. Who gives 2 shit's about Vince's name being mention when it comes to the welfare of one of your employee's.

Vince need's to express his feeling's alittle differently in my opinion so he doesn't look like a total heartless employer duchebag.

I honestly dont remember del rio on raw at all. I remember everything else. I dont even remember this so called vince mention. Why is vince so upset anyway? The average fan forgets raw by the next week anyway. He should be more upset that del rio isnt over at all and no one remembers the segment.

What the hell did Del Rio even say? I watched Raw and can't remember anything Del Rio might have said. I'm kind of lost on this whole situation.

Yeah, me too. That's how unforgettable Del Rio is. The next day i never remember anything he says. His matches are boring too. So hopefully he does get depushed because of this. I'd rather Ziggler take his spot in the main event.. but as much as i like Ziggler, HE IS NOT better than Mr. Perfect :)

Here's what Del Rio said word for word
"Hey you, you are the worst COO in history. Its bad enough for me to have my rematch in that barbaraic Hell In The Cell, and now you include CM Punk. Are you insane."
Trips: "The way I see it Alberto you brought this whole thing upon yourself when you cashed in Money In The Bank at Summerslam. Now Punk gets his rematch and you get yours, done deal. Now unless you want you rematch tonight, I can walk right back out there and make the match w/ Cena if you want."

Del Rio: "Hey wait, wait you need to let me rest and prepare myself mentally and physically."

Trips: "Now great the conversation is over."

Del Rio:" I pray for Mr. McMahon to come back and run this place again"
Trips: "You keep praying Alberto. So let me tell you this I've been inside Hell In The Cell your going need all the prayers you going take."
Del Rio storms off at the end of the segment.

So I don't know why Vinny Mac has his thong in a uproar. I guess Linda ain't satisfying him at home. He needs to take a chill pill and all that.

If Del Rio gets de-pushed for a petty little thing like this then that just proves that Vince has serious problems relating with his employees and needs to wake up and realise what he is doing is not helping his company in any way.

Del Rio isn't quite there yet on the mic but I dont see how pushing him back to the midcard would do anything to help anyone, it would just be another case of sour grapes by Vince and management that is just a selfish move and is not going to help make anything better. Del Rio has reached main event level now he needs to stay there. Creative are the ones that script his promos so you cant say Del Rio has 'no mic skills' (and Del Rio was also following a script when he mentioned Vince so the creative writer should really get most of the blame, although no blame is neccesary and Vince should just get over it)

Del Rio:" I pray for Mr. McMahon to come back and run this place again"

It's understandable after reading that recap. Del Rio almost just blatantly gave away Vince returning for some corporation faction angle. It was subtle but it can make the general public clue in.

I'm one of the people who foolishly thought Vince was cutting back on his CEO responsibilities for real. Putting his real life son-in-law in charge seemed to be a perfect way for Vince to step back and let the younger folks take over. No, I never believed he was divorcing himself entirely from his company, but the timing and roleplay seemed genuine.....and it was about time, so I thought.

Instead, the guy is still as angry and controlling as ever. Clinically speaking, a man his age shouldn't engage in rage as much as Vince McMahon apparently does.

Is he really as angry as is reported? The performers must cringe when they see him coming, knowing that any misstatement or error in the ring is going to bring his rage down on them. No wonder Mick Foley left.....but it makes me wonder about guys like John Bradshaw, Shawn Michaels and some of the others who chose to no longer work for WWE. Even Edge, maybe? Yes, he's badly injured but I was surprised to see him leave the company outright. Could there have been another reason he left?

Lighten up, Vince. You're not running a filmed presentation company, where there are re-takes if something goes wrong. It's a live (in front of an audience), fast-paced action show.....there are going to be mistakes, in the ring and on the mic. The "actors" you employ do a great job under difficult circumstances. Relax.

I mean......jeez.:disappointed:

Am I the only one who sees it as storyline material?

To me it goes with what I was saying about Cena. Cena turns heel and then says he had to attack JL because Vince and Laurinaitis would have given the whole conspiracy away right from the beginning. Now Vince is reportedly "mad" at Del-Rio, because Del-Rio made another no-no that could make the conspiracy known.

Dolph has had SEVERAL outstanding matches. One off the top of my head is against Rey at Summerslam. He might not be better then Mr Perfect but come on get a clue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back