Vince Has Lost "It"

I do believe up until mid 2011 the "Target audience" was for kids 6-11. However lately with a little more promo freedom for certain stars VKM has learned for PG he must have a balance that sways just slightly for the mature audience. I think we all can agree the "Attitude" will never come back and I am cool with that seeing alot of the stuff was way over the top compared to WCW. PG was implemented back in the WWE for two reasons: No competition within their own industry and with a sluggish economy more family friendly sponsors to cover costs for weekly programming and PPV Set costs. Its very simple the way VKM thinks. Under TV-14 most of that stuff he may have cringed over but merchandise,ppv sales, and viewership was way up. Same thing with todays programming if people keep watching what they think is crap he will continue to produce it until further notice.

I do believe up until mid 2011 the "Target audience" was for kids 6-11. However lately with a little more promo freedom for certain stars VKM has learned for PG he must have a balance that sways just slightly for the mature audience. I think we all can agree the "Attitude" will never come back and I am cool with that seeing alot of the stuff was way over the top compared to WCW. PG was implemented back in the WWE for two reasons: No competition within their own industry and with a sluggish economy more family friendly sponsors to cover costs for weekly programming and PPV Set costs. Its very simple the way VKM thinks. Under TV-14 most of that stuff he may have cringed over but merchandise,ppv sales, and viewership was way up. Same thing with todays programming if people keep watching what they think is crap he will continue to produce it until further notice.

I actually would agree with you. It has been... "edgier" recently. And I am actually a fan of how it is now. The stories can come and go as good or bad, but the overall style and the way they are handling both PG and 18+ is getting better. Punk said "bitch". Fans screamed. When Rock said "bitch" everyday no body batted an eye. It has more of an effect now to have it mixed with the kids and a nod toward the older fan base. I still think he is primarily targetting kids, but I think he has realized he does not want to alienate the older fan base as well.

I personally think Vince has lost it. Punk even said so in his "shoot." The shoot was scripted, but it was Punk's true feelings. I can't give you a bunch of in depth examples, or tell you I know how to run a wrestling business, because I don't. I can give you some general examples though. The tag team division is dead right now. WWE doesn't create midcard stars anymore. Zack Ryder had to basically pimp himself all over the internet just to get noticed and to get a United States title shot.

Brodus Clay is probably the first midcard guy WWE has tried to create in a long time. The midcard titles aren't defended much because there are no midcard contenders. I don't even remember Miz defending the United States title against anyone but Daniel Bryan. This is just a few of the examples I can think of off the top of my head of how Vince has "lost" touch with how to run things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back