Video Games Tourney hype thread

(13) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past v (8) Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow

(14) Mario Kart 64 v (31) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Semi's.

I'm tempted to do a rule where if you make a post to discuss the game and why it is better than the other then you get an extra vote.

Loveless is making a run at the worst post of the entire tournament award with his anti-Pokemon post. Dagger has some competition.

Both are bad for different reasons. Derf never played ALTTP and Loveless attempted to assert his opinions as fact.

Handhelds, not real video games; thanks loveless, for swaying some more votes Pokemon's way.

He never said that though did he? They are different though usually a handheld is pick up and play in short bursts and consoel games aren't. That's changed in recent times but yeah I see his point.

Both are bad for different reasons. Derf never played ALTTP and Loveless attempted to assert his opinions as fact.

And then says it can't hold a candle to Pokemon. it's the closest I've got to redding someone in the tourney.

He pretty much said it, and then some.

Pokemon is good for a handheld game and nothing more. You know why it's never transferred over sucessfully to consoles? It's because it's not good enough. People get caught up in it and make allowances for it due to the fact it's a handheld game and if this was a handheld only tournament then it'd probably deserve to be here, but it isn't, it doesn't and judged on equal merit it shouldn't have gotten past half the games it's beaten.

He didnt though if you read it. He's pretty much saying if that game came out on a main console it wouldnt have done well though just like Dagger last round has done more harm than good. Though still only one vote in it.

Two. Remember Eboney's vote mistake = -1 for Pokemon +1 for ALTTP.

He didnt though if you read it. He's pretty much saying if that game came out on a main console it wouldnt have done well though just like Dagger last round has done more harm than good. Though still only one vote in it.

if ands and buts were candy and nuts......

He's presenting a hypothetical argument that is irrelevant, "if it was", it doesn't make two shits of a difference "if" it was on a console, because it's not a console game, it's a handheld game.

Do you think handheld games should be excluded Lee? Are they not "real" video games?

Did I even imply that? They're just two very different games of the same sort of vein (with turn based battle for pokemon) they're so differently similar it's hard to compare.

If I think hand held games should have been banned I wouldn't have rated SML2 as one of my top picks.

Certainly more of a 'real' video game than Rock Band.

Video games is an art form, it's so varied there's no definitive 'real' game or not.

Seems like I've kicked up some dust regarding my Pokemon post, mainly because most of you have failed to understand my point, which I felt was actually quite clear

People make allowances for handheld games that they would not make on consoles. If that game had been a console game and had been judged on equal merit it most certainly would not have reached the last 4, or ever been as big as it is.

Reactions: Lee
It wasn't when I posted that post.

THough I 100% agree with your point and I believe the context was missed.

Seems like I've kicked up some dust regarding my Pokemon post, mainly because most of you have failed to understand my point, which I felt was actually quite clear

People make allowances for handheld games that they would not make on consoles. If that game had been a console game and had been judged on equal merit it most certainly would not have reached the last 4, or ever been as big as it is.

People also make allowances for every game produced before 2007 that they would not make for a contemporary title. I fail to see the point.

What's the current score between ALTTP & M64?

Also can't you infract Macios for anything?

The greatest game ever wins!

You know what that means ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back