Video Games And Technology Newsletter: Volume 3

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello one and all, to the third edition of The Video Games and Technology Thread: Volume 3! I don't care if this isn't the "ORIGINAL" newsletter, but it's the most fun one!

Epic Mickey
So, there's a new Disney game coming out. However, this is different from any Disney game you've ever played. The Wii-exclusive focuses on the darker side of Disney, with a host of old and forgotten Disney characters.
Discuss it in here.

Project Natal: Progress or Expensive Gimmick?
Project Natal is new motion-sensing technology for the Xbox 360 that promises to be revolutionary. However, is it really? Discuss and debate it here!

Emulation
Emulation is controversial. Is it right? Is it wrong? Found any good emulators? Discuss it here! And, if you are having troubles setting emulators up, Robert Morales is starting a guide to help you out!

Technological Piracy
And speaking of controversy, we have this little gem. Do you pirate movies and music? Is it good? Bad? Can you justify yourself? What are your views on it? Debate it all here.

The MUGEN Fighting Engine
MUGEN is a way of creating your own fighting game with relative ease. However, it can be quite daunting. Robert Morales is creating a guide to help you set it up. You can also discuss all things related to MUGEN here!

Dave's Personal Thoughts On: iMac
Mac or PC? That is a question that can spark debate. Do you use Mac or PC? Do you like or dislike the other system? Is Dave justified in his criticisms? Talk about it here!

Food Network Creates Wii Game
And, finally, we have this. Food Network is creating a Wii-exclusive that so far promises to be dreadful. However, could it work? Discuss here!

Posters of the Whenever:
I'm going to have to give the nod to both Dave and The Amazing Death Agent (Robert Morales) here. Both have created great, interesting threads that are driving discussion in this oft-overlooked section. Congratulations!

With the recent release scedule I've been playing ALOT more than usual, So i've not been surfing as much. :)

But there has been a couple of thought provoking threads in there.

Posters of the Whenever:
I'm going to have to give the nod to both Dave and The Amazing Death Agent (Robert Morales) here. Both have created great, interesting threads that are driving discussion in this oft-overlooked section. Congratulations!

Thanks for the shout-out, I guess.

I have been busting my ass in that section for the last few days and it is always nice to get some recognition for that. I would also like to say that I hope I can keep hitting some great topics at you and give every thread some thought provoking ideas to drive discussion. With Lee now as a Power Mod, I have really tried to make that section my own and I guess that this is the first step. Thanks, Doc.

haha apparently discussing pokemon is the same as asking which pokemon game is the best.

Cool your horses kiddies, our staff is pretty set in stone right now.

I know, we're just joking.

Time to go make that Sega thread everyone mocked me for bringing up~

Cool your horses kiddies, our staff is pretty set in stone right now.

I realise this. I never made any reference to being named a mod for the section, although it is something that I would very much like to do. However, I first brought the idea up to Lee and he told me straight off the bat that their would likely be no mod for the section for a while anyway. That, to me, is absolutely fine. I am just at a point in both my posting and my gaming that I am really enjoying. Gaming and technology ideas are coming at me thick and fast and I thought that I would combine my love of both of these things to hel and drive discussion in Lee's stead. I know that he wont have as much time as he did before and I felt that someone needed to go in and just add so much more to the discussion in there.

Obviously, this has just come on from nowhere and I am not expecting anything from you guys but I am really enjoying my posting in there and hopefully my threads have created a buzz around the section.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, X.

I'm currently creating monthly sig competitions on the Digital Arts section and I'll put up a poll soon enough. The links on the sig as well as the other threads I work on. Check 'em out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back