Vice Presidential Debate

I can't believe it but people are actually saying Biden is being a jerk by interrupting both Ryan and the moderator.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what Romney did in debate #1?

I can't believe it but people are actually saying Biden is being a jerk by interrupting both Ryan and the moderator.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what Romney did in debate #1?

When a Republican does something, he's standing up for his rights.

When a Democrat does it, it's just plain rude.

So the last question is about negative ads, and both of them attack each other's running mate? haha.

Biden definitely did a better job than Ryan. Even the moderator was calling Ryan out for his lack of definitive answers. Biden should have pressed Ryan harder, when the moderator kept asking for definitive answers and Ryan kept side-stepping the question.

I'm only about 45 minutes in and I'm watching the post show stuff. Good stuff so far for Biden but Ryan isn't that far behind.

I'm reading various responses to the debate in various places, and I'm rolling from laughter when Republicans are criticizing Biden for interrupting the moderator. Makes me #BidenSmirk

I'm reading various responses to the debate in various places, and I'm rolling from laughter when Republicans are criticizing Biden for interrupting the moderator. Makes me #BidenSmirk

I'm watching MSNBC and they're interviewing this lunkheaded congresswoman from Tennessee and she's turned an abortion question into something about the economy. It's amazing how much GOP people will completely avoid logic and answering whatever they're asked.

To give you an idea how different the perspectives are, here are a pair of snap polls (percentages are of who the people said won):

CBS:

Biden - 50%
Ryan - 31%
Tied - 19%

CNN

Biden - 46%
Ryan - 48%

That's quite a swing.

I'm afraid that is a love which will be unrequited.

You have one on Matt Damon but it doesn't stop you.

The CNN poll is actually 48-44 Ryan.

I'm not quiet an hour into it yet but I could see it being a Ryan win. I don't think it was but I could see a way it could go there. This is going to stop the democratic bleeding though.

Ryan: "Cutting the military invites weakness."

Well.....maybe it should be cut down. We could probably fight the rest of the world at once to a draw at this point and the budget is through the roof already. It doesn't need to be bigger.

You have one on Matt Damon but it doesn't stop you.
Oh, that's clearly not unrequited love. Even if Damon doesn't realize it yet.

I'm not quiet an hour into it yet but I could see it being a Ryan win. I don't think it was but I could see a way it could go there. This is going to stop the democratic bleeding though.
Biden smoked Ryan on facts and the truth. If he hadn't come across as so mocking in tone, Biden would be the clear post-debate polling winner.

Ryan: "Cutting the military invites weakness."

Well.....maybe it should be cut down. We could probably fight the rest of the world at once to a draw at this point and the budget is through the roof already. It doesn't need to be bigger.
I love how the "party of smaller government" wants to tell other countries how to run their country, wants soldiers in every other country, wants to start another war, wants to tell people who they can marry, wants to tell people what to do with their bodies, etc.

That's the party of smaller government.

Oh, that's clearly not unrequited love. Even if Damon doesn't realize it yet.

Alright Siddy. Whatever you say.

I love how the "party of smaller government" wants to tell other countries how to run their country, wants soldiers in every other country, wants to start another war, wants to tell people who they can marry, wants to tell people what to do with their bodies, etc.

That's the party of smaller government.

Don't forget making sure they want to control everything that goes into and comes out of every single vagina in the country.

Alright Siddy. Whatever you say.

Don't forget making sure they want to control everything that goes into and comes out of every single vagina in the country.

You guys enjoying sucking each others weiners? Seriously, get a room!

As for politics, why democrats continue to try and sell this idea that republicans "hate women and women's bodies" is beyond me. If you are voting for a candidate based on their abortion views, you're stupid. It's that simple.

Gay marriage, abortion, and any other social issue are meaningless in an election. We are in economic crisis and the best democrats can do to cover up for having a candidate who has made the economy even worse is "well he's not talking bad about abortion!"

No president should even be THINKING about social issues and they haven't. No president has done shit about social issues in a long time and they shouldn't. In the grand scheme of things, those issues are not important.

As for politics, why democrats continue to try and sell this idea that republicans "hate women and women's bodies" is beyond me. If you are voting for a candidate based on their abortion views, you're stupid. It's that simple.

Gay marriage, abortion, and any other social issue are meaningless in an election. We are in economic crisis and the best democrats can do to cover up for having a candidate who has made the economy even worse is "well he's not talking bad about abortion!"

No president should even be THINKING about social issues and they haven't. No president has done shit about social issues in a long time and they shouldn't. In the grand scheme of things, those issues are not important.

Yeah that whole getting rid of Don't Ask Don't Tell didn't mean much at all did it?

Yeah that whole getting rid of Don't Ask Don't Tell didn't mean much at all did it?

Honestly no. Having a friend who is gay and in the military helps me formulate that position.

However, you missed my point. The point is that my friends that are Democrats seem to just knock the Republican candidates and talk about how their party supports abortion. That shouldn't be a priority and I stand by that. What I haven't seen much of is a Democrats ability to defend Obama's crazy spending and why we should believe that's going to change in act 2.

Republicans are the ones that say that there is no such thing as legitimate rape.

Republicans are also the ones that say that if a woman is made pregnant by a rape, she should be forced to have that child and should have zero say in that decision. Two women that I care about very much have been made pregnant through rape and I've spent a lot of time with my arms around them telling them that it's ok. Having those babies would have had a good chance of killing one of them because of a genetic issue that she had.

If you want to sit there and tell me that the debt and the economy are more important than the lives of people and their health, I'm sorry....actually no I'm not. You're an idiot.

If you want a defense of the spending, look at the jobs created before and after the stimulus. We were in such a mess after Bush N Pals screwed this company up that spending money had to be done.

Republicans are the ones that say that there is no such thing as legitimate rape.

Republicans are also the ones that say that if a woman is made pregnant by a rape, she should be forced to have that child and should have zero say in that decision. Two women that I care about very much have been made pregnant through rape and I've spent a lot of time with my arms around them telling them that it's ok. Having those babies would have had a good chance of killing one of them because of a genetic issue that she had.

If you want to sit there and tell me that the debt and the economy are more important than the lives of women and their health, I'm sorry....actually no I'm not. You're an idiot.

If you're going to sit there and tell me that any politician is going to do ANYTHING to change the status quo with abortion when there is an economic crisis going on, then I don't think I'm the idiot.

Keep in mind the Democrats are still running on the "um well, we don't like Bush and all Reubs are like him" ticket, and Bush didn't touch abortion even though he's apparently evil and hates women too.

My point is that nobody is touching women's rights and to think otherwise is pretty stupid.

I'm going to assume you're saying this as a straight male, as opposed to a homosexual or a female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back