Use of the WWF logo tonite on Raw??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I thought with the lawsuit with the World Wildlife Fund that WWE couldnt use or show the WWF logo anymore? I mean they blurr it out every chance they get on tv and had to do the whole name change deal. But on tonite Raw when they were advertising next weeks raw and the old school theme. It was very very plain and clear they were showing the WWF Logo. Did i miss something? Are they allowed to show the WWF logo now?

Dont get me wrong, im not on either side. I am a huuuge wrestling fan and support WWE. And in the same breath i am also a member of the World Wildlife Fund organization..So it makes no difference to me, i was just curious...

Yeah, I saw that.
At first it surprised me, but then I thought, well they're doing an "Old School" Edition - why the fuck not?

Let 'em use it for a day. I'm guessing the other WWF are allright with it for once?

The deal was that they were not allowed to show the old scratch WWF logo (98-02, Attitude Era), nor were they allowed to use the initials WWF.

They were still allowed to use the full name "World Wrestling Federation", along with the old OLD Block Logo from my youth (back when wrestling was actually good).

If you notice going through the vintage footage, the only logo that is blurred is the Attitude Era one. The Old Block "Showtime" logo lives on!

Incidentally, they went retro with the old USA Network logo too. I'm pretty pumped about next week's Raw.

Have you not been playing a Raw vs. Smackdown game? The WWF logo is consistent with legends in the business. Hell you can even claim the logo for a created wrestler. If there was to have been a lawsuit it would have happened years ago. Tonight didn't surprise me the least because it's also been shown for WWE Hall Of Fames.

The logo you are thinking about, which has been noted, is the Attitude Era logo. That one has been blurred in all modern media. Now if they used that particular trademark in video games, television, etc to establish stars of that time then I'd say you have a point.

Someone said it already, but only the scratch logo used from 98-02 is blurred. From what I remember Vince was trying to get the use of both the block logo and the scrath log plus one more thing and it was denied, all he got was the old block logo. So that's the reason it wasn't blurred.

They're allowed to use the old school WWF logos as everyone has said.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back