US Champion.... RUSEV

BDOG

BMOZ- The people's champion
I can see this happening...

Rusev's first real feud, with Sheamus, ultimately ending with Sheamus dropping the title to Rusev. Lana and Rusev would then proceed to retire the US championship and rebrand it as a Russian Championship; great heat magnet that instantly Guarantees face support from cheap US chants.

This could also start the wheel for a Sheamus heel turn by turninng on the US fans becoming the Celtic warrior

I think Rusev could dominate with the title,
Thoughts??

I actually like that idea. Much better than the "rumored" feud with Cena. When was the last time we seen a dominating US champ? I would definitely like to see him(Sheamus) drop the title to Rusev, especially while the insults towards US political leadership is being made.

I was thinking this very same thing except for the Sheamus turns heel part. I doubt they do it though. He will get fed to Cena unfornately. NXT heels are a breeding ground for Mr. Team Fruity Pebbles.

Rusev as US Champion would be good. Then he can finally get some competitive matches. This is the general problem WWE has in building up monsters like they have with Ryback, Tensai, the late Umaga and so many others. They don't follow through and have them break that glass ceiling.

Instead of feeding the monsters to Cena, they should destroy Cena and put him out of action. The return match is where Cena can get his win back and then Rusev or whoever can be a solid upper midcarder and occasional main eventer. Cena can take losses. Heck he loses on PPV very often and is still the top guy. He hasn't been near the title picture in forever and he maintains his status and popularity.

Sheamus vs Rusev sounds like it could be a good undercard Summerslam match. Sheamus has the size and the credibility to really put Rusev over. I think they would work together in a 5 to 10 minute brawl between the two heavyweights. As others have mentioned it could help Rusev and Lana with there Pro Russia anti American gimmick.

Sheamus vs Rusev sounds like it could be a good undercard Summerslam match. Sheamus has the size and the credibility to really put Rusev over. I think they would work together in a 5 to 10 minute brawl between the two heavyweights. As others have mentioned it could help Rusev and Lana with there Pro Russia anti American gimmick.

I don't think they've given up on Sheamus yet, but I want to see this match.

no, please no. wwe has done the foreign guy as us champ way way too many times. most of the wwe us champs have been foreign, its been done to death.

Rusev as US Champion would be good. Then he can finally get some competitive matches. This is the general problem WWE has in building up monsters like they have with Ryback, Tensai, the late Umaga and so many others. They don't follow through and have them break that glass ceiling.

Instead of feeding the monsters to Cena, they should destroy Cena and put him out of action. The return match is where Cena can get his win back and then Rusev or whoever can be a solid upper midcarder and occasional main eventer. Cena can take losses. Heck he loses on PPV very often and is still the top guy. He hasn't been near the title picture in forever and he maintains his status and popularity.

LOL. I'm not a Cena super fan or anything but I know that won't happen in the WWE.

It's a great concept for ANY logically-thinking arm-chair booker and for virtually any other promotion. In fact, it's been done before, somewhat in WWE, but... This is John Cena we are talking about.

John Cena will NOT do a 'I'm injured and out for a while' storyline unless he is LEGIT injured. He'll maybe sell it for the week but he'll be back with a vengeance the next week.

He's clearly too important for the WWE in terms of being at the event so kids go home happy that they can't risk him not being there.

Well he needs actual feuds. After having four singles championship belts for all these years, the WWE needs to put mid carders in actual feuds. I know that the mid card pool is crowded, but just maybe unifying the two mid card titles will help creative focus more on actual feuds.

Well he needs actual feuds. After having four singles championship belts for all these years, the WWE needs to put mid carders in actual feuds. I know that the mid card pool is crowded, but just maybe unifying the two mid card titles will help creative focus more on actual feuds.

I don't think it's a problem with the titles. But giving time for the feuds to develop -these ppvs run so close together that a build up for a title defense at a ppv doesn't have a chance to,build momentum to make it a worthy defense. People have grown so accustomed to feuds ending right away that they feel the Wyatt/Cena feud has carried on too long. While I think it has helped both competitors out. Rusev in a,good program helps elevate him - someone like Sheamus is more of a serious competitor than Big E.

Unlike most of y'all here I ABSOLUTELY LOVE RUSEV....

THIS GUY IS THE TRUTH......

U add in Lana as his mouth piece and I think U have 15 years of Real monster star...

I am talking Nikita Koloff style!!!

This guy can be HUGE!!!! Oh and yeah matches for the US belt between him, Rybaxel ( yes BOTH of them as Singles), Sheamus, Roman Reigns, and Ziggler would remind Me of the old Great American Bash US TITLE DEFENSE glory days....

Plus with Cesaro, RVD, and others going after good ol' BAD NEWS....

It's a good time to be a wrestling fan...

We have some GREAT MATCHES on the horizon....

Seth Rollins vs Sin Cara or Tyson Kidd anyone? I am loving the E right now!!!!

Oh and stop the CM PUNK CHANTS....

Unless U bring him back to get KICKED IN THE FACE BY A REAL KICKBOXER AND MUAY THAI FIGHTER!!!!

����������������������������������

Whilst having Rusev as the US chants seems a logical choice for post-SummerSlam...the actual status of the US title would mean that he would end up doing very little for the actual US title in any case, since whoever would defeat him would probably be a Main Event level guy who wouldn't give a rat's ass about the US title.

My preferred guy to be the next US Champion is actually Bo Dallas, who I think would do wonders if his character has a title to show. Currently, he does have an undefeated streak that he is continuously flaunting to all and sundry...giving him the 'lesser' MidCard title along with that 'streak' would surely do wonders for him going forward and could probably make him an engaging MidCard heel character on the Show.

What happened to "The Real American"? Why isn't Zeb in the face of Rusev and Lana about being foreigners?

Swagger/Rusev would make for some decent matches. Submission vs submission.

I know Swagger is a "heel", but WWE needs to go back to the days of chaos where anyone and everyone can attack you randomly. Heel vs heel. Time versus space.

That would be a safer option for him rather than getting fed to Cena, where we would find out immediately if Rusev is legit or not.

Him winning the US title would be a great way to establish his credibility. I could see him and Sheamus having good matches. They both need legit feuds in the worst way.

What happened to "The Real American"? Why isn't Zeb in the face of Rusev and Lana about being foreigners?

Swagger/Rusev would make for some decent matches. Submission vs submission.

I know Swagger is a "heel", but WWE needs to go back to the days of chaos where anyone and everyone can attack you randomly. Heel vs heel. Time versus space.

I've always wondered that,tbh.

Zeb was searching for a new Real American around ER, and nothing ever came about...would be nice if they were turned face and All-American, with Swagger putting over Rusev as an even bigger threat, until Zeb decides to recruit someone new like CODY RHODES, who would gain instant momentum if he had an engaging programme as an American Hero against Rusev, whether he is successful or not wouldn't matter as long as he can get the crowd behind him with some good promos and in-ring work alongwith having Zeb by his side...

Sounds good on paper but it aint gonna work.

Besides generating a few USA chants here and there, ruseve is not gonna draw any heat more than a light bulb. Nobody cares of the us title. Rusev is just a another typical anti american guy who's gonna end up a nobody because ppl dont buy in to anti american gimmick. This aint the 80s.

I really like this Idea. Beating Sheamus for the title would be a big boost to Rusev, and having him hold the US titls of all things would be a big time heat magnet. The only thing i would add that would be cool, would be if once Rusev won the title he got a customized title that had the Russian flag on it instead of the U.S.A flag.

I like the idea. I dont know if its a good idea for him to just jump into the US title picture with people like Cesaro in there. But if they jump straight to Sheamus, it might be a really good test for him and we can see how good of a wrestler he is. Or they can actually give him a good feud to build him up and then take out Sheamus. Maybe after feuding with Swagger. But I like the idea and I would love to see it done in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back