• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update on Mike Killam requests and past sigs...

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Sorry all, apparently I made the noob mistake of using Photobucket for image hosting. Currently all my images have "exceeding bandwidth" and some of you are very unhappy about this. If it helps, they should be back up within the next 48 hours if you'd like to keep your current signs made by me.

Unfortunately, at this time I fear I must retire from the sig making business. I may occasionally chime in to do a few general requests, and I may consider it via private message, but I just don't have the time to commit to it. SOrry about the sigs you currently have. I don't really have the motivation to re-upload them all out to another website, and send you all the new image codes for them. Like I said, wait a few days and they'll be back up. After that it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry folks!

How is using photobucket a noob mistake? I use it and I don't have a problem with it?

Heya Mike, I didn't have a pending sig, but I wanted to chime in on this topic;

Your apologies aren't needed. You were nice enough to make sigs for people, it should be on their end to save the image and then upload it somewhere.

It's not hard to create a photobucket accout, or upload images to tinyurl (think that's what it is, anyway).

Like I said, I've not asked you to make me a sig, but I still want to thank you for providing this community with a great service. Especially since you were doing them free of charge/with your own spare time, so..

Thanks!

How is using photobucket a noob mistake? I use it and I don't have a problem with it?

It's only a problem when you do enough, a lot of people are using the direct image link instead of saving it and uploading it themselves, and your monthly bandwidth expires. THen everyone is screwed... I think my breaking point was creating the graphic for the ABC party, which several dozen people were using at the same time. Who knows...

Also, thanks very much to the poster above for your kind words of understanding. If you'd like a sig, send me a PM and I'll probably get to it eventually. =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back