Unscripted '12: Chris K.O - Open Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Any member of the WZCW roster who is not involved in any other match may RP for this event.

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Friday 14th December. Extensions as per thread.

Constantine: Every King needs a White Knight.

The King's face is held close to a microphone in the middle of a WZCW ring. Beads of sweat run down the face of Constantine as the emotion of the moment begins to make it's first visible appearance. As Constantine rests in his throne, the crown askew on top of his head, he keeps his chin tucked into his chest. The fans at ringside cannot see his eyes as they are obscured by the microphone and the angle he has his head at. He is speaking in a heavy, breathless tone as the fans at ringside try to make out his words.

Constantine: Every King needs a soldier who will run to the aid of the weak. A man who will sacrifice everything to make sure that the people of his kingdom are protected.

Constantine raises his chin, his eyes seem fixed with madness as he looks into the silent crowd. Sweat continues to run down his face as the harsh lighting in the arena blinds him somewhat.

Copeland: Again, a WZCW house show is taken over by John Constantine. Give these fans a break.

Cohen: Listen, Seabass, Constantine has every right to be aggrieved. Not only did he defeat Grand Mystique on Meltdown, all of that was buried by Chris KO as he scuppered Constantine's chances of a cash in on Showtime David Cougar.

Copeland: He's actually taking it a lot better than I expected, Jack...

Constantine stands suddenly, launching his sceptre to one side of the ring, a look of sheer and unbridled madness on his face.

Constantine: I will destroy Chris KO for what he did to me!

Copeland: That's a little more like it.

Constantine continues his diatribe as he paces around the ring. There is no remnants of the well-spoken politician now as he presses on with his speech of pure hate.

Constantine: I know that none of you will understand my words. Never have you been in the position where all of your dreams could have come true. Never have you felt what it feels like to realise your dreams. You've never come so close... To greatness!

The Power Trip's words soften somewhat towards the end of his diatribe.

Constantine: Only to be denied.

Constantine's soft words are perhaps more effective after his outpouring of emotion prior to this. His soft-spoken words seem to bombard the senses as he presses on.

Constantine: Denied by someone who had no right to even be in that position!

Again, Constantine raises his voice. The difference in decibels shocks some in the audience who had mistakenly thought that Constantine was mellowing out.

Cohen: A very good point.

Constantine: But what of WZCW's White Knight? What of the man known as Chris KO? The man who wrestled control of the company away from Ty Burna and burned his lame carcass to ashes at Kingdom Come.

There is a smattering of applause for Chris KO throughout the arena as Constantine rhymes off his greatest achievement in the company thus far.

Constantine: Since he stood in my way of becoming the most successful World Champion in WZCW, there has been an outpouring of emotion from all of you, all of the subjects in my Kingdom. Some of you have taken to your parchments to slam the White Knight of WZCW and I must thank you for that.

There is a small cheer from the crowd as some of Constantine's more die-hard fans are referenced.

Constantine: But some of you... Some of the people who should be loyal to your king, who should get on one knee and praise the man before you. Those of you who should bow your head and plead loyalty to your King, have celebrated this miscreant.

There is a louder cheer now as the reputation of Chris KO is called into question by The Power Trip.

Constantine: Yes, celebrate him. In coming between myself and the World Heavyweight Championship, Chris KO has created a legacy for himself that no amount of wins over a maniacal dictator like Ty Burna could ever create. He has cemented himself as one of the most talked about superstars in the history of this company. Am I angry at Chris KO for this? No! Far from it.

As I stated previously, every King needs a White Knight. Every King needs someone to ride to the defence of the weak. This is the honour and generosity of your King. And now, as we stand on the eve of Unscripted, where Chris KO holds his open invitational, I will acquire my White Knight. Chris KO showed the huts and resources to make himself successful and for that, I must congratulate him.

There is a stunned silence in the crowd as they refuse to believe the courteousness of the King. Perhaps they were expecting something very different. Constantine continues to pace around the ring, now though, a smile begins to appear on his features. The sweat of the initial moments has now washed away and a confident Power Trip has emerged.

Constantine: But everyone in my Kingdom has to realise that there has to be repercussions for their actions. They also have to realise that whilst I am a forgiving and generous King, that everyone must be held to account for what they carry out. They must realise that my time as King must be heralded in with an iron fist. I simply cannot allow Chris KO to get one over me. What sort of King would I be in that case? No, Chris KO must be paraded as my subject but moreover, a traitor!

The venom on which Constantine ends his sentence turns his face to one of sheer anger and grit. The rasp in his voice again stings the ears of those in the audience.

Constantine: As much as I respect him for his guile, Chris KO attacked me at Meltdown. Not only this, he attacked my Kingdom and thus, the loyal subjects therein. Chris KO's actions were an attack on you as much as they were an attack on your King. And for that, I must punish him.

Copeland: King Constantine really letting loose on Chris KO here.

Cohen: Can you blame him, Seabass? This was the guy who put the brakes on Showtime David Cougar being relieved of the Heavyweight Championship and Constantine ushering in a new dawn for WZCW.

Constantine walks around the ring some more, the microphone at his side now as he ponders a way in which to punish Chris KO. Finally, Constantine reaches an idea in his mind. He stops in front of his throne and lowers himself back into his seated position.

Constantine: It is all of you who I must teach a lesson. I must send a message to the four corners of my Kingdom that there is no room for heroes. I must show all of you that for your insolence, punishment must be handed out. And for that reason, I am challenging Chris KO to a match. This match, however, will not be a part of his shambolic Open Challenge to the WZCW universe. Here is a man who has lost his last two matches in a row and he thinks that he holds enough stock to demand an Open Challenge. Not in my Kingdom.

But I will put it to you, my loyal subjects that WZCW's White Knight and WZCW's King should do battle. If I am selected for Unscripted, then I will face Chris KO in a Four-Corners match. I will connect myself to Chris KO by rope and unleash a punishment on him that he will never recover from. I will beat him to within an inch of his life to show you just how merciful I can be. And after all of this, I will drag his lifeless body around the ring, touching the four corners of the ring, thus signalling my sheer dominance in the Kingdom. And then, my loyal subjects, you will see that the day of your King John Constantine has arrived and no one can stop me.

Copeland: A Huge message from John Constantine here, folks.

Cohen: That's King Constantine, Seabass.

Copeland: Regardless, Constantine has challenged Chris KO to a “Four Corners” match at Unscripted and it now rests in the hand of his loyal subjects to put him in the match.

Constantine sits on his throne as his beaming smile begins to appear now, a sharp departure from his demeanor at the beginning of his diatribe.

The usual group of ticket scalpers had stood outside this arena, the very one set host to WZCW’s ‘Unscripted’ event in mere hours, for years. But something particular caught their attention on this day of the PPV: a black sedan had been driving laps around the venue since they’d strolled onto the scene for the day. They realized this car to be the same one circling the premises because of its distinctive traits. This vehicle was blaring music. The songs could be distinguished because the passenger seat up front had a half-rolled down window. Stranger than the actual lyrical content of the songs, for they were strange songs indeed, was the menacing eyes peeking out of the window at them like a crocodile lurking in water.

Inside the car was Jacoby Capone. His lengthy body hunched over the steering wheel and his eyes danced from the road to the building marquees which were scrolling the card for the PPV taking place later that night. Capone’s obvious anger could be traced back to the card in which did not include his name.

“What a luxury it must be to have,” Jacoby Capone muttered through clenched teeth, “to get..to issue an “open challenge”.”

He was of course referring the part of the marquee that popped up in the reflection of his rear view mirror: “Chris K.O. – open invitational.”

Capone flipped his right blinker, committing to another lap around the arena. He was undecided and unsettled. He made a vow just two weeks ago refusing to be a spectator any longer. Capone was angry. Now he felt as though if he was in the same situation that placed his ass in the crowd at the Super Show. He wanted to let that frustration out against Ricky Runn and promptly suffered his first pin fall. By the next week, he was left off the match card again, this time it was the Unscripted PPV. Capone was furious. Enraged.

“How goddamn convenient for Chris K.O. to just get an opponent,” muttered Capone again.

Suddenly Capone had to slam on his breaks. His eyes had been fixated on staring at the marquees again and hadn’t noticed that a scalper was crossing the street to meet a pedestrian to sell a ticket.

“What the fuck, man! You trying to kill me? Pay attention where you're driving why don’t y-” he was cut off by the car horn.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEEEEEEP!

“Oh you’re mad after you almost kill me.”

The short, skinny black man was wearing a beanie and had on a loosely fitting polo button up shirt. A lump of tickets rested in the chest pocket. He began to approach Capone’s car but stopped as the car pulled off to the side of the road.

The blaring music was silenced and the car engine turned off. Capone’s door slowly swung open and his foot stomped out onto the pavement followed by the rest of his body. The scalper looked confused and his customer had already begun to walk the other way. Capone walked to meet the scalper.

“I hope you trynna apologize, dude. You scared the shit outta me and cost me some business."

Capone stopped inches away from the scalper and stared into his face. Capone’s disgust with the man had its roots deep down in the fact that he was selling tickets to a show he should be a part of.

Jacoby snatched the man by the collar of his shirt, spun him around and pinned him on the hood of his car.

“Woah. Hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy. Take it easy, take it easy!”

Capone released his grip on the man who cautiously patted the lump in his chest pocket. He reached in and removed a ticket and held it up to Capone’s face.

“Look, this is just a bad situation. What you did could have happened to anyone and I clearly overreacted. Here, I'm sorry. Look, this is yours, take it,” he extended his arm, offering the ticket to Capone. Jacoby stared at the ticket in the man’s hand.

“It's a legitimate ticket, my man. WZCW puts on great shows, brotha. Best wrestlers in the world are going to be competing in there tonight and look, front row.”

Capone furiously snatched the ticket out of the man’s hand and returned to his car. The engine started up again and the scalper hopped on the sidewalk to clear room for Capone. The car began to roll off, but stopped by the scalper.

Capone yelled out of the window at the man.

“I may have this ticket, but I’m not going to be a fan in attendance. You tell those bastards that you’re selling these tickets to that at Unscripted, there’s definitely going to be some improvisation taking place,” and with that, Capone pulled off away from the sidewalk, sped off down the street, away from the building.

The scalper spun on his heel and scratched his forehead.

“I don’t get paid enough for this shit.”

He then took notice to the marquee. It once again read ‘Chris K.O. – open invitational.’

“I’ll be damned,” the scalper said to himself. He adjusted his ruffled collar and began to walk toward a possible customer.

“You folks need tickets to Unscripted? The one PPV where you can throw away the scripts, expect the unexpected!”

Cooper: Out of my way!

Iris: Play nice Justin. We’re paying customers tonight.

It’s our friendly neighbourhood duo from Australia. Once again the boys are on a fun and exciting trip that will probably end up with references nobody understand and a slight sexual tension. But where is our devilish duo? Well the large sign that reads UNSCRIPTED ’12 pretty much gives it away. The boys have turned up to the pay per view as paying customers since Justin or Rev. Cooper doesn’t have a much tonight.

Cooper: I should have a match.

Iris: You didn’t want to face Chris KO, I couldn’t do anything to help. I spoke with management and they said the chance for you to face Chris was still wide open but you’d have to act fast.

Cooper: How long do I have to make up my mind?

Iris: You’ve got ten minutes.

One loud sigh is taken by Cooper.

Cooper: What do you think I should do? Should I lower myself to face that runt or should I wait it out and see what happens next week?

Iris: I’m working at our local supermarket as Santa. What do you think I want you to do? You’re working on a pay per appearance deal while guys like KO are on these million dollar contracts. If you want to see us living in an expensive house with all these fine things then you need to take chances like these. It’s down to you Justin.

Cooper: I don’t want to be wasting my time and not get picked. Who else is there trying to face KO?

Iris: Constantine and that’s it. The other guy that put his hand up is no worry for us. He’ll probably be facing Ricky Runn or something in the future.

Cooper: Yeah, Runn sucks so much. You know what, let’s do it.

Iris stands up and claps his hands together with joy.

Iris: You’re gonna do it? Come on then. KO has got no idea what is coming for him now Justin.

Cooper: What are you talking about? I’m not facing him.

Iris: But you said…

Justin pulls out a large sign from under his chair. He holds it high in the air and begins to yell things toward the ring crew who are constructing the ring at this point.

Cooper: CHRIS KO FEARS COOPER!

23s7mnc.png

Cooper: You all work for a punk! He’s afraid to face me. He doesn’t want to face the pound for pound best wrestler in the world today. He doesn’t want to go one on one with Rev. Cooper for a reason. He’s afraid because without Ty Burna to do his dirty work Chris KO is nothing.

Iris: Sit down! You’re embarrassing me. I thought you said you’d face KO tonight? Is this really a big deal? I try to understand you Justin but sometimes you just do the stupidest stuff.

Cooper: Me? I do stupid stuff. What about the idiot that gave Chris KO, the most worthless wrestler on the roster, an open challenge. Why in the world would someone want to face him? I sit in the back watching those monitors every week and each time KO makes his way to the ring not a sound is made. Not a single person in the crowd cares about that fool. Yet for some reason management, guys with power continue to push and pull strings so that he may rise while I get stuck sitting at home with a bucket of chicken and a copy of Ice Loves Coco.

Bang. Iris punches his seat angrily. Unable to contain his frustration about the current situation Iris grabs Cooper by the shoulders.

Iris: Do something about it. Step up and fight against these people who want to crush us. Don’t sit there like a child and allow these people to step all over you. Get up off your arse and fight like a man! Come on Justin, fight damn it!

Cooper shoves Iris down to the ground. Slowly the self-proclaimed reverend stands up and looks down at Iris who leans against the seat in front of him.

Cooper: You want me to fight? Huh. You want to see me fight like I use to? Weapons all over the place like chairs and tables. You wanna see me grab a chair and smack it over Chris KO’s head. You wanna see blood rush down his face and down onto my knuckles. Tell me you want to see me drive his skull directly into a table and have little bits of wood get stuck into his head. You want me to be like I was? Tell me what you want Iris… (yelling) I said tell me what… (whispering into Iris’ ear) you want.

Not a word is spoken by Iris. It is dead silent around them with Cooper peering into Iris’ eyes.

Cooper: It’s easy for men like you and Chris KO to ask for something. It’s easy for KO to want people to face him. What would happen if I asked him to face me? Would KO step up and challenge me or would he run like wimp? People don’t face the darkest challenge in front of them and I know KO would never accept my challenge. He’d run like they all do. I challenged Austin Reynolds for over a year and I got nothing. I called out Alex Bowen for over a year and when he accepted it was ruined by the same people who are ruining my life right now. These people who think it’s ok to stick their nose in my business. The very same people who allow KO to rise to the top.

Cooper suddenly drops down to the same level as Iris. He extends his hand with his palm on the upper side.

Cooper: Surely you can see what would happen if he and I stood in the same ring? His skills do not match mine and we all know what happens when someone who lacks skill gets inside the ring with me. Just ask Mick Overlast, Sean Cruz or even Logan Burnside. All three men fell to my feet because I used the advantage of being a hardcore veteran. Now you want me to go back to that? You want me to find it inside of myself to bring the beast back from within the depths that I hid it? You want me to bring back the thing that made me famous but was killing me in the process? These people who watch the event tonight don’t give a damn about us, they have no intention of ever caring Iris. Not one of them gives a damn about us and yet I’m expected to put my body through pain so that they can get a kick out of it? Do you not see the foolish in that my friend. I cannot give my body to these people anymore. I cannot reach into that place that nearly killed my career. If I enter the ring with Chris KO…

Stop. Cooper takes a moment to think, processing all the thoughts rushing through his mind.

Cooper: When I enter the ring with Christopher KO, I will not reach down and unleash the mayhem. I refuse to give him that honour. I refuse to give him that right to draw it out me. Instead I’m going to beat Chris KO down and watch as he crawls for the bottom rope. I’ll watch as he screams in pain, I’ll watch as he screams for me to stop. But I will not grab a weapon. I will not break out the thumbtacks. I will not drop an elbow off a ladder. Instead tonight I will break Chris KO with my bare hands in front of a sold out arena, in front of all his fans that put him on a throne. Not a single weapon will be used as I destroy whatever is left of Chris KO. His body will crumble, his mind is break and his soul will be destroyed as I take what is mine. I will bring forth a furry not seen since the days of old. Tonight Chris KO finds out what it means to be in the ring with Reverend Cooper.

Cooper pulls Iris to his feet. They look back at the ringside area and the crew has now finished putting the ring together. Iris struggles to gather his thoughts after listening to Cooper’s passionate speech.

Iris: You’ve got four minutes before they close the option poll. If you want to make it you better hurry.

Cooper: Don’t worry about it Iris. Time is the least of my worries. We are at a point tonight that is much bigger than we thought it was when we arrived. After I crush Chris KO tonight then his status of being the protector will be no more. These values that he holds so close to his heart will be stripped from him and thrown into the mud where he belongs. Iris with you watching from the stands you’ll see the totally annihilation of a hero. From his tower of glory Chris KO will fall just like he did after his little fight with Ty. A man who holds all his cards out for everyone to see will surely get screwed and tonight that man is Chris KO!

With a look of determination on his face Rev. Cooper swiftly turns and begins to walk toward the stairs that will take him to the office of management. It will now be an option that Rev. Cooper may face Chris KO in what would be a match between two stars!

Footsteps emanating from high heels grow louder and louder within the darkness, indicating that something is approaching closer. Suddenly, the sound of walking stops and becomes replaced by an old, rusty door being pushed open. The door thuds against the wall and a single, solitary light is switched on, flickering bursts of illumination throughout the room. What can be made out is an old locker with a wooden bench placed against a wall, bound by lock and key. The footsteps continue again and a female figure can be seen walking across the room, handling a set of keys to determine which one will unlock the chains. She inserts the key into the padlock and with one click, the security mechanism falls to the ground. She takes a deep breath before slowly opening the locker to reveal...

My old, infamous apparel.

The woman caresses the fabric of the top.

It still feels the same even after all these years... almost a decade in fact.

She notices something in the corner of the locker and picks it up; it appears to be a pouch of some kind.

Almost a decade since the Sandman disappeared from the face of the Earth. Many things have happened from my last days; we've had false prophet after false prophet claiming to be what people see in their nightmares, threatening people to relive them whilst they stay awake; countless villains emerging to cause hatred among the people; and worst of all, the people losing hope and faith... it almost makes me sick...

She clenches the pouch.

And the reason why I have decided to return.

She hangs the pouch around her neck like a necklace.

I understand that the people have someone to look up to in the form of Chris K.O who will stand above all hate and tyranny to provide peace among the community but a man with his shady past cannot be trusted. I still remember the days where he sided with the army of darkness led by the most powerful man to ever spawn nightmares into the minds of the people. I remember a dear friend of mine who dedicated his entire life to stopping this from occurring because the fear consumed him so badly and all K.O could do was watch from the sidelines. I still remember that Chris K.O and despite your change of heart, I want this chance to prove to you and everyone else that if you truly want the adulation of the people for protecting them, you have to truly be dedicated to them. I have always sided with someone who kept his best interest with the people and I followed in his footsteps. Who are you trying to be?

She reaches into the pouch and pulls out some golden dust, rubbing it through her hand.

Just like I use this dust to put those into a deep, safe sleep, I too will put to rest what you stand for Chris. I want to see the passion in your eyes should I be the one to face and I want to know that I can trust you in guarding the people. I want to know that you are different from lying, deceitful men like Constantine who belittle and irk you into joining their side. I want to know that the "The Sandman" can trust the White Knight.

Just make sure you are prepared Chris because Sandy Deserts, the legend of Mexico & Japan... is coming back!

Sandy blows the glitter, covering the screen with nothing but gold.

Wilhelm Wunderbar fills the screen. Shot from an odd angle he stands slightly unstably in The Circus’ ring.

Wilhelm Wunderbar: Guten abend, Christopher. In case you were too busy playing with your sword to watch Meltdown 80, I am Wilhelm Wunderbar and I represent STA.

A quick sequence of videos flash across the screen showing Wilhelm dominating his past opponents

WW: You see Christopher, we at STA have an intention to answer your open challenge. I would advise you to pay close attention to our answer because our challenger is the man you need to defeat. Not the King without a crown, Jonathon Constantine, nor anybody else who is sufficiently bored to answer your challenge. You see Christopher, he is a poor opponent for a person such as you. Not because of your relative abilities, but because you are a knight and he is a king. A knight who raises his sword to the King faces a moral challenge. He is no monster or enemy to be slain, he is a man anointed by God to rule. You need a moral challenge like Steven Holmes needs lessons in how to most effectively deliver his lips to a superior’s anus. No, a person like you requires a monster to rally against. A monster who challenges your martial prowess and must be overcome by strategy and skill. STA can provide you an opponent who can save your career, so consider my words carefully.

Wilhelm pauses to take in breath before continuing.

WW: It may interest you to know that I requested to be the one who informed you of our challenge. You see Christopher, you remind me of a man I once knew. A man who went against his nature to become a saviour. A man who stood against a group of talented men, led by a man of great infamy.

An old hype package for Chris Jones replaces Wilhelm momentarily

WW: A man I broke physically...

Footage of Chris Jones submitting to the Kaizerlock at All or Nothing.

WW: and mentally.

Jones headbutts a locker until his forehead bleeds.

WW: A. Man. Like. You, Christopher. But unlike him you are still in denial about yourself. You believe your demons excised and your focus rechannelled into your gladio. You are wrong. No matter how hard you try to fight it, no matter which ‘evil’ you raise your sword against you are a broken man denying the truth.

The camera zooms in to Wunderbar’s face.

WW: I can see it in your eyes Christopher, you know you are not a saviour and you never were one. You’re nothing but a coward who got in over your head with Ty Burna and got cold feet. Without him to distract you from your own nature you have been fighting yourself. Your Abraham Lincoln once said a house divided cannot stand. I have a similar saying. A conflicted warrior cannot win. You will not resolve your conflict until you take off your ridiculous helmet and drop your pretence of being a white knight.

The camera zooms out again, putting Wunderbar’s torso and arms in the frame.

WW: But know this Christopher, I am not your STA affiliated challenger. I am what you are currently trying to be: a messenger who works part time as a blacksmith.

Wunderbar laughs at his words, as if the mere idea of Chris KO’s presumed occupations amuse him in some way.

WW: No, your challenger is a man who I have exposed to the same process that you have applied your sword. Colabit eam! Colabit eam!

The scene changes; now showing an out of focus recording of the ring with a large, humanoid shape in its centre.

WW: When I was tasked to train your opponent he was little more than an overgrown ape. Brutal strength and inhuman size but without any direction his raw power was wasted.

The large, blurry person in the ring has been joined by a second blur. The smaller one seems to have angered the larger one, as he’s immediately thrown across the ring, but he rolls the absorb the impact and returns to his feet none the worse for wear. The larger one tries more throws, but each one merely results in the small blur surviving without harm as the larger man throws him harder and harder with no more success.

WW: And so I broke him.

The larger man seems to grab the smaller by the neck, but seemingly tired of allowing himself to be thrown around, the smaller one fights back. The larger recoils after a blow to the face, seemingly an eye rake. He then falls victim to a kick between the legs, doubling him over. Swift kicks to the back of his right knee persuades him to drop down lower.

WW: I stretched every joint, bruised every bone...

The scene jumps and the image is now clear enough to identify the smaller man as Wilhelm Wunderbar; who is standing on the hand of a face down giant and stamping on the elbow. Another jump cut and Wunderbar has the giant in a fujiwara armbar, another jump and he’s in an Indian Deathlock, though an ugly one.

WW: Until, like a hound he started obeying my wishes to the letter.

A still clearer image replaces the brutal punishment Wunderbar was still administering. He seemingly instructs the giant to bend over and take kicks and knees to the upper body and head without attempting to defend himself.

WW: With a broken spirit and no mind to speak of, I began the process of forging a useable weapon from the raw material provided.

The footage now shows the giant applying various simple, but sloppy looking holds...

WW: Brute force, given direction.

...and lifting the victim off his feet and into the air without breaking the hold.

WW: A weapon suited for Der Krieg Maschine.

The footage returns to Wunderbar in the Circus

WW: I give to you, Benjamin Hoss: The Beast of Stark. The man who will break you and open your eyes to reality and see your delusions of heroism and grandeur for what they are. Bastions of a desperate man pathologically lying to himself.

The camera zooms out, and adjusts to a more normal angle. As it does, the reason for Wunderbar’s slight imbalance earlier becomes clear. Beneath his feet is not the canvas, but two large hands, gripping tight. The giant... Benjamin Hoss is standing perfectly still in the centre of the ring, arms and legs locked and Wilhelm Wunderbar lifted high above him. The German drops the microphone in front of him which takes an almost impossible stretch of time to reach the ground and break.

The sight of a brewing hot mug of coffee greets us into the scene. The room is dainty with an acute sense of Feng shui. The coffee maker is sitting on a grey laminated top that covers a small counter space in the corner of the room. Off to the right of the counter is an off-white fridge with several destination magnets. You know, the type of magnets that people bring you back as souvenirs from around the world. They are underwhelming to say the least, but at least there is a place to put them. The room is exploding with a combination of two smells, roasted coffee beans and fresh newspaper. The emitter of such a smell is positioned in the far corner of the room. A small table sits with four chairs around it. Two of them are occupied.

At one seat there is the ever prudent Johnny Klamor. He is wearing a red sweater vest over a white collared shirt. He almost looks like a bloated Jim Tressel. A crisp newspaper is held out in front of him as his eyes examine the fine print. To the left of him is the steamy Stacey Madison. She is in rare form at the moment. Think of how nature channels are able to catch the rare morning scenario of a certain type of insect. These are the early moments of Madison’s day, so she does not seem so testy as usual. A cup of coffee is being held in her hands. She sends a cool breeze over the top of her cup in order to whisk away the hotness of the brown brew. With that, she takes a sip. Foot steps can be heard off camera. We switch shots and see Leon Kensworth enter the room.

He has a piece of toast hanging out of his mouth as he makes his way over to the coffee maker. He grabs a cup off of the counter and pulls himself a drink. Despite all of this multitasking, he still takes a moment to push his glasses up in a nerd-like manner. Kensworth takes his cup and makes his way over to the table. Upon seating, he gets a raised eyebrow from Klamor, but not even a sniff from Madison. She is still lusting over her morning coffee ritual.

We get a zoomed out shot of all three of them sitting at the table. The text “WZCW Headquarters’ Break Room: 7:40am,” appears at the bottom of the screen. Suddenly, Rebecca “Becky” Serra burst into the room. She has her Iphone out as she moans in disgust. Kensworth reacts, but her other two colleagues remain in their zone.

Kensworth: What?

Becky: Another dirt sheet thinking they have “insider information”.

Kensworth finishes his toast and takes a sip of his coffee.

Kensworth: What about this time?

Becky pulls the Iphone closer to her face and clears her throat.

Becky: WZCWzone.com is reporting that top star talent is turning heel.

Klamor introduces a bit of sarcasm.

Klamor: That sounds vague.

Becky: That is the headline, hold on.

Becky clears her throat again.

Becky: WZCWzone.com is the first to confirm reports that WZCW Superstar, Chris K.O., is turning heel with insider information.

Becky screams and bangs her first on the table. This causes Madison to break out of her trance.

Becky: We can’t allow these lies to be spread! We must put a stop to this!

Becky holds up her finger in a heroic gesture.

Klamor: Are they?

Becky looks over at Klamor, who has his face hidden behind his paper. Becky intrudes on his space and peeks over the paper.

Becky: Uh, are they are what?

Klamor: Are they really lies?

Kensworth: Of course they are.

Klamor raises another eyebrow at Kensworth and then sets down his paper.

Klamor: Oh? Then tell me why one of our top faces was booed at a recent house show down in Texas?

Kensworth: Hogwash, you were not even there.

Madison: I was.

Madison sets down her coffee cup.

Madison: It was a small sect of fans in the crowd, but yes, he was booed.

Becky: You are lying!

Madison: It is as true as the look that I saw on Chris’ face after the show. A look of resentment.

Madison thrust a finger at Madison.

Becky: Ahhh! You two are lying. I did a short interview with him the other day and he was as nice and dreamy as always!

Madison: Don’t get me wrong, he has a nice physique, but there is something nasty brewing in that mind of his.

Becky covers her ears.

Becky: I don’t believe you! Nah nah nah!

Kensworth grabs Becky’s arm in order to stop her.

Kensworth: Becky is right. If you guys really think that he is turning down the road of darkness again, then how do you explain the event last week where he helped Tim from accounting. Remember? His daughter’s cat got stuck in the tree just outside the office.

Becky: Yeah! I remember that! Tell them the story Kensworth.

Kensworth: Heh, alright. I heard the story from Paul in marketing.

Kensworth’s Version

Kensworth: It was last Tuesday and Chris was coming up to the office in order to sign papers to confirm the open challenge. Chris had just finished up when he walked outside.

The scene begins and we see Chris K.O. walk out of the WZCW headquarters.

???: Help! Help!

Chris jerks his head in the direction of the cry for help. Then, he turns his head back to the camera.

Chris: Did I hear someone say help?

He cocks an eyebrow and then sprints in the direction of the call. We transition over to a shot of an adult male and a little girl crying next to him. We see Chris pounce into the shot.

Chris: What seems to be the problem here?

Tim: My daughter’s cat. He is trapped up there in that tree.

Chris jerks his head up towards the tree. We switch to a shot of the cat in the tree. It gives a faint meow. We cut back to Chris and he jerks his face back to the camera.

Chris: Gee willykers!

Chris jerks his head back to the man and his daughter.

Chris: Never fear, I know of a hero that can help you.

Suddenly, Chris jumps out of the screen and then we see him running towards a red phone booth. He jumps inside and closes the door. Instantly, he jumps back out with the white knight helmet on and a cape flowing around his neck.

Klamor: Woah, woah, woah! A cape? Since when did Chris ever wear a cape.

Madison: And when has he ever said something as lame as gee willyker?

We cut back to the break room. Kensworth shrugs.

Kensworth: This is just the story that I heard from Paul.

Klamor: Please. Let me tell you the real story of what actually happened. I have a pal named Steve who actually works in accounting with Tim. It went a little like this.

Klamor’s Version

Klamor: Leon is right about the contract signings, and this did happen right after Chris got done. However, the contract signing did not go so smoothly. You see, some heated words came about during the contract signing and Chris was fuming on his way out of the offices.

We see Chris exiting the headquarters to begin the scene. His eyebrows seem to be much darker than usual in Klamor’s story. Not only that, but they are slanted down in an angry manner. Chris seems to be muttering profanity as he walks down the sidewalk. He is wearing a douche-bag wife beater and a pair of jean shorts.

As Chris is walking, he passes by the man known as Tim and his daughter, who is holding her cat. Tim perks up at the sight of Chris.

Tim: Chris! Chris! One moment.!

Chris stops, but remains muttering profanity.

Tim: My name is Tim and I work in accounting. Look, my daughter is a huge fan of yours and it would mean the world to her if she could get an autograph.

Chris twitches.

Chris: An autograph?! You want an autograph little girl?

She nods her head timidly. Chris then proceeds to grab her cat and then punts it into the air and into the tree. The girl begins crying hysterically.

We cut back to a shot of Chris, who is foaming at the mouth. He punches Tim in the mouth and then runs away screaming.

Klamor: Steroids man. They will mess you up.

Becky: That is not what happened!

We cut back to the break room.

Becky: Do you honestly think that if Chris did that, that it wouldn’t be all over TMZ.com?

Madison: She has a point.

Klamor scoffs at her and then picks up his paper.

Becky: Look, I have the real story. You peeps always know I get the scoop. It went down like this.

Becky’s Version​

Becky: It was a sizzling hot Tuesday…

We transition to a shot of Chris walking out of the WZCW headquarters. He is shirtless and is only wearing boxer briefs. His muscles are perky and all oiled up. The sun glazes off of them. Chris flexes for a brief moment in front of the camera and then proceeds to walk down the sidewalk.

The camera zooms in on Chris’ pecks and then pans down his torso. We keep going down and then finally see his creamy calves. .. . .. . .. .

.. ..

.. . .

.. .. ..

Kensworth: Becky?

We cut back to the break room and see Becky literally drooling out of her mouth. Kensworth face palms himself. Madison interjects.

Madison: First, why would it be a sizzling hot day in the middle of December?

Becky snaps out of her swooning.

Madison: Second, only in your dreams would Chris be wearing nothing but boxer briefs.

Kensworth pipes up from behind his paper.

Kensworth: He wears short tights in the ring, what is the difference?

Madison: Shh!

Madison takes a sip of her coffee.

Madison: I have the real story as always. I did a little bit of digging about this little story.

Madison pauses. Kensworth holds out his hand in demand.

Kensworth: Go on.

Madison: Two words.

Madison pauses again.

Becky: Come on!

Madison: Well…

Klamor: Spit it out!

Madison's Verision

Madison: Fake story!

Becky: Huh?

Madison: The story was made up! There have been several different versions of it floating around on some dirt sheets. Truth is, we don’t even have a guy named Tim who works in accounting.

Kensworth gasped face slowly turns into a chuckling one.

Kensworth: Haha! So are you telling me that we were all following a lead from a dirt sheet?

Becky: Oh man.

Becky hits her head repeatedly.

Klamor: Nice move you two.

Madison: What do you mean you two, I remember you telling your own part of the story as well Klamor.

Klamor clears his throat. Kensworth grabs Klamor’s shoulder.

Kensworth: Don’t worry Klamor! At least no one will ever know that we were all suckered in by a dirt sheet.

Everyone stops at the table and then all of them slowly turn their head towards the camera. They stare at the camera for a moment.

Kensworth: Get him!

Suddenly, the camera turns around and the operator proceeds to run, but he quickly falls.

Becky: Tie him up!

The camera goes static and then the shot ends. The screen goes black for a moment, but then the white knight helmet slowly fades into the black screen. We hear a familiar voice dub over the shot.

Chris: My body mocks me, the ring taunts me, and the locker room haunts me. I am surrounded by oppression. Is this unfairly received or have I rightfully brought this upon myself with my own mouth. Have I over hyped my own abilities? Have I lost the purpose of my initial goal? Have I really developed an ego?

I use to talk about purging evil, but now I have quests for gold. Is this such a bad thing? Am I really this bad guy that I hear in the rumors about me? I am no longer bound by demons or harbingers. I control my own destiny.

A coin is in my hand. On this coin are two sides. It will land on one, which will render it unseen and behind me. The other will be face up. This is the side that all will see. The flip of the coin belongs to me, and when I flip it is up to me. I control my own destiny.

For now, I put the coin in my pocket and I step into the ring. The fans control my destiny for one night. A side-quest awaits me. My sword is ready to be drawn. A random foe will be placed before me, and it could be any man. Any man who hopes to cash in on my recent slump and become the next big thing, or just someone who is looking for vengeance. The reason does not matter. I am sure that it will be forgotten after a swift encounter with my blade.

I have an issued a challenge, but I am afraid that many will step forward without complete thought. Much like an oblivious child who raises his hand in class just because everyone else is doing it. Their spirit is willing, but their flesh is weak and their mind is feeble. Foe or friend, my blade must drink. A friendly spar or deadly match will occur.

Win or lose, there can be one thing certain. We are one step closer to the flip of the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back