Unforgiven: WHC Championship Scramble

question to all the posters... If I'm correct jeff hardy has a chance to be the last grand slam champion because he has held all the wwe titles except the heavywieght title... So if that true do u all think that he may win at unforgivin becauce I can't see the wwe letting one of their biggest super stars reach an honor like that and not market it....I think if he just get a pinfall and then doesent leave that would tarnish the grand slam..

Only the the person with the belt at the end of the match gets credited with a title reign or defense. So even if Hardy gets a pinfall during the match it won't count as a title reign unless he has the belt at the end of the match.

oooooo... This match is gonna be frecking crazy.. Thanks for the clarifacatipn.. Sorrybabout spelling.. Was I correct about the grand slam though.???

Yes, he would be the seventh grand slam champion, but it is possible for three other people that are currently on the roster to do it. Val Venis and Regal need the Heavyweight Title, and JBL needs the IC title. However, I don't think any of this is going to matter because I think Triple H will win the match.

Why not just do a Fatal 6-Way C.M. Punk(c) Vs. Kane Vs. Batista Vs. John Cena Vs. Kane Vs. Chris Jericho and do this in a Steel Cage Championship Scramble (Only Pin Falls Count) No Submission or Escape from the Steel Cage Count.
This is not New and has been done with the Hardcore Title in the past but the people who held the title during the match the championship counted.
Do something better with a Heavyweight title or just do away with it and have only one WWE Heavyweight Champion it was better when the WWE had only One.
Keep the US Title, Only One WWE Tag Team Champion, and keep the Divas & Women's Belts.
Kill off ECW for it time has done past and just call it WWE Hardcore Wrestling and bring back the WWE Hardcore Title Belt and a WWE Hardcore TV Belt.

I think it's really cool how Raw is being booked, with Rey, Cena, Kane, Batista, Punk, JBL, Jericho and HBk all in intersecting feuds. For so long, everyone was feuding with one guy and no one else. It'll be interesting to see a match that can really exploit how everyone is sorta feuding with everyone.

I don't see why people are complaining about the twenty minute time limit. Sure Punk,Cena, and Batista are capable of wrestling for this period of time but it was 30 or 40 minutes JBL might just pass out in the middle of the ring. This should be a great match. Wish Jericho was in it instead of JBL.

They say ignorance is bliss. JBL is incredibly athletic, as are most men in the business. I don't believe there is one man hired by WWE today that could not go for 30 minutes if they need to, especially when you have guys who can go for 60, it really puts things into perspective. It's 20 minutes so that everything seems urgent, not so that JBL doesn't have a heart attack.

For Raw, I see this as Punk or Kane walking out with the title. Cena and Batista obviously aren't done with each other, even though they should be so they cancel each other out, then JBL just won't get the title and it makes no sense for him to. This leaves Kane and Punk. Kane I think will get screwed over by a returning Rey, leaving Punk to keep the belt. This lets Punk look even more like he escapes with the belt every match, in keeping with his booking. I could see other endings, but this one comes easiest to me.

Remember, only the one standing with the title at the end will be an OFFICIALLY recognized world champion. So essentially your "title win" does not count unless it's when the match ends.

But seriously, Smackdown could have booked another main event. There's no doubt that Triple H will walk away from this thing as champion. I don't see Jeff Hardy being in a title feud until at least next year. Perhaps he will win the Rumble.

This leaves the possibility of a short feud with MVP, who deserves it, and perhaps a feud with Taker to close out the year, who will hopefully take the title.

Is no one else surprised that The Brian Kendrick won a battle royal that the Big Show was involved in? I sort of expect Show to take someone's place, possibly Kendrick's, since it's being reported that HHH vs. Big Show is being scheduled for Smackdown house shows. If Show doesn't, then I expect a feud with the Undertaker.

Now to my main point. For all of you posters who have been bitching about all of us "bitching" about this main event, I don't think you've seen the point. I'll speak for myself here though. My problem was never with the match. I like the match and I think a little injection of originality, however wacky it may seem, is never a bad thing. Nevertheless, I was so pissed about how the participants in the Raw scramble were chosen that it my have seemed that I was pissed about the match itself. And then I read the Smackdown spoilers.

Spoilers Below

They actually got it right this time. Qualifier matches. Earning a title shot. Every one of the participants in the Smackdown scramble had to win a match, despite some of the outcomes being extremely obvious. They earned a fucking shot (Even though MVP should've been in on his SS win alone)! The way that the Raw challengers were chosen reeks of laziness and just plain bad TV. Why couldn't JBL face Noble for a spot in the match. It's obvious who would've won, but it would have made much more sense than to just throw him in there after having lost to the champ twice already. Same goes for Cena. Why couldn't Cena have to face Batista to get into the match, where if Batista loses it won't affect his status in the match since he won the night before, but naturally he'd like to defeat Cena to make the match easier for him. You see. A little creativity "creative." Dammit.

I'm a CM Punk mark, but I think the best thing for him is to lose the title at Unforgiven.

It seems pretty obvious that Triple H will retain the WWE title in the Smackdown main event and I don't think they'll have 2 matches like this and have both champs retain.

The reason I say it's better for Punk to lose the title now is that as long as he's champ during this reign, nobody is going to see him as 100% legit. He's had a decent run, shown he can at least hang with the main event performers (BTW for everyone saying Jericho needs to be champ don't forget Punk pinned him cleanly in the KOTR), and moved up out of the mid card role he was in. If he keeps it too much longer, people are going to get tired of seeing him "survive" another match.

As long as they book it right, they can legitimatize Punk as a solid main eventer by Wrestlemania. Have him drop the title, but keep feuding with the other top people on Raw and occasionally go over them. Show that even without the title he belongs in the picture and have him slowly work his way back up to another title reign. The second time around, he is no longer the underdog but rather deserves to be there. That's the only way he'd ever have any staying power as a top star. I'd even go as far to say have him prove himself over the next few months then win the Royal Rumble.

And for the dude bashing Triple H because he only had a couple "moves". Hogan had the boo, the atomic drop, and the leg drop. Flair had the chop, the knee breaker and the figure four (I don't count the flop or getting tossed off the turnbuckle every time he tries to fly as moves). Triple H is extremely over with the crowd and can get you into matches. There's a reason TNA (which I'm not knocking by any means, since I went to Victory Road I've become a fan) is and always will be the number 2 company. All those spots and fast paced moves are cool, but nobody in that company could sell a match like the game. He can make you love him or hate him and could probably change from week to week if he wanted to. And as far as his backstage politics go, the man is a perennial loser at wrestlemania. Sure doesn't look like he has a problem putting people over to me.

I only say that the Punk/Jericho feud would work if both were faces only because they've had 3 matches against each other. Once the RAW after WM, in the Semi-finals of the King of the Ring, and this past week on RAW. Their first two battles were much, much better which was when Y2J was a face, so in my opinion, in order for the feud to be any good, their matches have to be a lot better than their match this past week.

I'm gonna keep out of all the arguing...

Buuut I hope that Kane wins the raw scramble and maybe Rey could cost him the title a month later? Kane deserves a world title run that's longer than a day before he goes, cause he hasn't got many years left in him....

On the Smackdown side.... I can't see HHH dropping the title to any of those guys... If Edge or Taker were in the match, maybe, but not a to a bunch of midcarders, as good as they may be. If HHH does drop the title, it'll probably be to Jeff.

I don't see Kane winning it, it's been reported a few times in the past that Kane really doesn't want anything to do with the world title, and that's why he's never really been champ. Personally, I don't think he's ever needed to be champion, he's one of the very few guys that no matter who he is wrestling there's always a solid chance he could win. He makes others look more legit by appearing to be someone that's difficult to beat.

I know, kane has never really lost credibility even if he has gone about downhill over the last few years.

But Kane winning this could be counted as a shock upset. and isn't unpredictability what the WWE has been aiming for lately?

Either way, Kane does deserve to win it more than the others. he's been loyal to the WWE for over a decade and is a good wrestler. and even if he's never wanted to be the champion, surely he wouldn't complain if he just held it till the next PPV?

I still think CM Punk is going to win this Scramble and end up having a good title run which proves he is a legit holder and not a transitional champion. Why wouldn't they keep Punk as the title holder? I mean it makes Punk look weak and be a trans. champ?

The reason they'd let Punk lose now, is if he was a transitional champion, and not legit. Maybe the whole point of him was simply waiting for someone better to finish up with storylines and take it off him.

Personally, I don't want Punk to lose it. I like him and I think he's a great champion. Plus, who else really is a legit contender right now? Everyone else seems to be tied up with something, or are simply not Championship material at the moment. Punk should keep it for a while, have a few good feuds, and gain his some respect.

The reason they'd let Punk lose now, is if he was a transitional champion, and not legit. Maybe the whole point of him was simply waiting for someone better to finish up with storylines and take it off him.

Personally, I don't want Punk to lose it. I like him and I think he's a great champion. Plus, who else really is a legit contender right now? Everyone else seems to be tied up with something, or are simply not Championship material at the moment. Punk should keep it for a while, have a few good feuds, and gain his some respect.

Yes but who do you think, on Raw, is a better choice at this point who hasn't been shoved down our throats already? My only candidate would be Jericho, and we all know he is busy with HBK.

The WWE allowed Punk to win the MITB for a reason, regardless Hardy being in line for it. It would be in their best interest to let someone like Punk, who could be a big part of their future, have a nice title run to see if he can become a star. Obviously he isn't there yet and it's risky, but would it be that necessary to go back and forth between John Cena and Batista again? It would hurt more than it would help if that was the case.

Continuing my earlier point of why they can take the tile off Punk...

Him losing the title here doesn't make him a transitional champion, not winning it back does. When Edge cashed in MITB over Cena he was only champ for a few weeks before he lost it back to him. Throw in a few more main event matches and and a little time in between and bam!, now Edge is one of the top guys in the company.

Punk has had a good run so far, but keeping the title on him too long in that fashion starts to diminish the star power of your other guys. Sure he beat JBL, and he lucked out against Batista, and then he lost to Kane and Jericho but it wasn't for the title. He's not quite at the point yet where you just look at his character and think he is going to beat the other main event talent. Nobody assumed he would go over cleanly against batista, nobody would expect him to vs cena, and even jericho was a close one.

Take the title off him for a few months and now that he has established SOME credibility use that to build him up to a legit main eventer.

I think the perfect person to job to Punk would be HBK. A win over Michaels would make him look legit and would also look more believable than just out of nowhere beginning to beat power guys like Cena and Batista. HBK would be that middle ground win that would bridge him to being able to compete with the bigger, younger guys.

As far as the scramble goes if punk doesn't retain a safe move (and for the record not what I would personally like to see) would be to put the strap on Batista. I'm not a huge fan, but the man has always been over with the crowd. He's coming off a huge win at summerslam and could at least be a decent filler for a few months.

does any one else think this would make a fun match type for a video game? IT would be some pretty intense gaming.

This is a pretty cool concept and it is pretty original since they added in the superstar enters every 5 minutes. Basically like an elimination chamber match except for the chamber and the getting eliminated part. well really i guess the only thing thats the same is someone comes in every 5 minutes.
I'm looking forward to see how this match plays out. Probably end up being someone getting the pin in the last 3 seconds.

This match would be so much better conceptually if it weren't for the 20 minute time limit. For 5 men in the match, 20 minutes seems far too short. This kind of match would be better served with a 30 minute or even a 60 minute time limit. If it were a 5 man Iron Man match, you couldn't do two on the same PPV, but, with 5 men, it would be more entertaining to go 60 minutes than 20, I think. 20 minutes will just seem too short.

I am looking forward to watching these Championship Scramble matches, it's a good way to keep the fans on the edge of their seats for a full 20 minutes. Obviously John Cena is going to get a pin over Batista to even up the score between these two, but will he win the title? I think it is very possible that Cena will indeed win his first World Heavyweight Championship at Unforgiven to add more fuel to his feud with Batista. These two may be shaking hands now, but when a World title is involved, their feud will explode. Kane and JBL is in this match to be the jobbers basically, they will be taking more pins than anybody else in the match and they have no shot in Hell at winning this. And then there is CM Punk, probably the favorite to win this match, right above Cena. It would make sense for Punk to keep the title because that way he has beaten four of RAW's top stars and he will nullify the suspicions that he is just a fluke champion, definitely a good move if the WWE wants him to be a major player in the company for a long time.

This should be a great match, but why in the hell is J.B.L involved with the WHC again. Surely Chris Jericho should have had his spot in this match. As far as people complaining about the time limit being too short, don't you think 20 minutes is long enough, considering Kane & J.B.L can't physically go any longer than say... 10 minutes. I expect CM Punk to win this one. It would be a great way of WWE ''trying'' to convince us he's not a transitional champion. Which I do believe he is. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. I, like alot of other people also think Cena will pin Batista at some point in the match just to even the score between the two.

I actually hope Kane wins the match. That would really boost his new transforming character, but Rey Mysterio will probably interfere and somehow cost him the match.

I personally expect Cena and Batista to trade pinfalls, with Cena likely getting the better of the two. JBL will come in fifth, steal a pinfall on Punk to become the temporary champ. But before time expires Punk will hit either Kane or JBL with GTS while Batista and Cena fight on the outside, allowing Punk to retain.

Yes but who do you think, on Raw, is a better choice at this point who hasn't been shoved down our throats already? My only candidate would be Jericho, and we all know he is busy with HBK.

The WWE allowed Punk to win the MITB for a reason, regardless Hardy being in line for it. It would be in their best interest to let someone like Punk, who could be a big part of their future, have a nice title run to see if he can become a star. Obviously he isn't there yet and it's risky, but would it be that necessary to go back and forth between John Cena and Batista again? It would hurt more than it would help if that was the case.

I'm really hoping to see CM Punk win this match and keep his championship for a while longer. Cena and Batista has champions have been done to excess over the past few years and I'd prefer a change for a while before we have to see them again as champions, JBL is in no way worthy of being champion with his health and his limitations in that ring, and Kane might be an interesting switch briefly but I'd much rather see Punk continue to develop as champion for another few months. To be honest I'd love to see Jericho be the man who takes that title from Punk, because Jericho is pure GOLD right now and deserves to be champion based on his work since his return (especially in this feud with Michaels) compared to anyone else on RAW.

Rey Mysterio has officially replaced John Cena in the WHC scramble. I still think CM Punk will win the match.I wouldn't be surprised if Batista won so when Cena gets back from his injury he can say Batista only won because he was hurt setting up a future feud between the two.

I can't believe that they picked Mysterio. When I read that Cena was hurt, I assumed that this was how Sid was to be brought back. He could run down to the ring during the Kane/Batista match, hurt Batista, and then Adamle could walk out and say, "I believe we have found Cena's replacement."

I am tired of Rey. He used to be better, but the injuries have made him unwatchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back