Undertaker's Last Oponent

tank106

Dark Match Jobber
ok, so we all know the deadman's elustrious career in the wwe is dwindling down. just wondering who everyone thinks should be his opponent in his last match? personally, i'd like to see it against stone cold steve austin, provided he was healthy enough. 2 of the biggest money draws the company has ever seen, their rivalry back in '98 very well could be one of the best ever, the stuff leading into highway to hell(summerslam '98) was classic...honorable mentions would be hbk, hhh, mankind, and in a close second kane...also i think he should remain unbeaten at wm, that is a feat that no-one will ever touch...what do u guys think?

I also think his wrestlemania record should be unscathed..

Mcmahon lol

Maybe not his last opponent, but I would like to see his next opponent be... Edge! Those two could put on a great feud and have a great match. Do you guys agree?

theguppee1234 said:
Maybe not his last opponent, but I would like to see his next opponent be... Edge! Those two could put on a great feud and have a great match. Do you guys agree?

Ya that would be a great match, and thats who i was thinking would be his oppenent next year

I would imagine his last match would be at a WrestleMania. I really dont want his WM Streak to be ended though, i think he should retire with the streak intact because Taker hasnt really been much of a champion. He has always been a character and has only a few title reigns under his belt. The streak is by far his biggest achievement and it shouldnt be ended. Though, knowing the man Taker is behind the scenes he will probably want his streak to be ended against a young upandcominger. That gives a huge list. From Shelton Benjamin, to Kennedy, to Burchill, to maybe even guys who have yet to debut like Harry Smith. Other possible opponents would be Edge, but i dont think Edge needs it. Also, Triple H is a possibility, as HHH has never beated Undertaker.

Vince McMahon would probably be the best choice for his last opponent
maybe a storyline like this:

at Wrestlemania
Vince wants his streak
if he wins, he has to retire
if he loses, he can stay

Undertaker would take the win & keep his streak & then retire

I'm thinkin that Kane deserves his last match! This isn't a bias opinion, but they have such great in ring chemistry and had such a great rivalry back in late 97, early to late 98. In second it would be Kurt Angle, those two blew the roof off at No Way Out and could easily do it again.

theguppee1234 said:
never thought of that, that would be cool. never was a big edge fan, but he won me over a bit after wm22, sadistic hardcore. btw the ut/edge feud would have to happen on raw, b/c it would get no exposure on sd, b/c noone watches it anymore.lol. sad but true....

It should be at WM and he should win. Here are my favs for possible opponents:

Angle (blew the roof off of NWO and SD)
Edge (awsome match potential)
Lashley (gives him a chance to shine without winning)
Hogan (one of Taker's best rivalries)
Kane (put this sibling rivalry to bed)
HHH (2 great performers+HIAC at WM=main event)

and a shocker..........

JIMMY SNUKA (end it how it was started)

Not up on the HIAC with Trips, had trips not lost to Batista last year, it would work. They could play the angle out with Taker calling Triple H out before mania and saying, "Hey, you havn't lost in a HIAC, I havn't lost at Mania, so, at Wrestlemania, you and I, one streak will be broken" But, that won't happen now :(

I had this crazy idea that will never happen..Have him go on a rampage for a month or two..outta control and have a gaunlet match and have like all members

face him in a over the top type deal..or sumthin...iono like a way to pay respects to the deadman...

i think it should be a match with either michaels or edge. either way it would be a really good match, but i'd prefer the match with michaels since their rivalry in 98 never had any closer, because of the kane storyline

cmiller9291 said:
i think it should be a match with either michaels or edge. either way it would be a really good match, but i'd prefer the match with michaels since their rivalry in 98 never had any closer, because of the kane storyline

ya another HBK vs Undertaker match would be a great match

It did to have a closer, Royal Rumble 98, HBK beat Taker to retain the title, Kane then set the casket on fire. If that aint a closer, then i don't know what is.

how about mick foley after the fued they had before also mick has never won at wm and taker is un beaten at wm also what about the rock to come back and lay the smackdown on takers candy ass

After what happened with the great khali(If is spelled that right) i think he should just leave, he won't be the same after that. If the wwe wants to make that up to us they should have Taker destroy the great khali and get the title back and lay waste to all oppents before Lashley retires him next year at backlash.

It's tough to say who his last opponent should be. Ultimately I think it will be based on how Vince wants to retire that character. He could be used to put over a talent for the future (Orton, Batista, Edge, etc), and have that young wrestler build himself (further) by being the only man to put away the Undertaker for good.

Now, that being said, if Vince wants to give Mark (Undertaker) a final match befitting all that he has brought to the WWE, then you could very well see him against the likes of Austin, Hogan, HHH, Rock, etc. But I'd like to see a good buildup for that kind of match. Not a fly-by-night, half assed "build-up" like they did with Hogan vs Rock.

I personally would like to see a dream match like I just mentioned with a good 2-3 month buildup. I think Mark deserves that for 15+ years of doing whatever has been asked of him. I just hope Vince's ego doesn't get in the way of that and he ends up using Taker's last match as a boost for a younger talent. Don't get me wrong, Orton, Edge and Batista would certainly benefit by it, but I don't think they need it as they have become megastars in their own right.

taker deserves to headline his final wresltemania. look for him to win the title a few months before it. carry the title to wmania and win I wanna say it will be against micheals. micheals is a great talent and probably the only openent at wrestlemania since hhh that the crownd might think has a shot. maybe it will be edge. maybe hhh, but hhh is exepected to fued with jbl. i would say look for taker vs micheals as the main event. having all the wrestlers come out to respect him at the end. it doesnet have to be about the title the title is used to push younger talent, but it should none the less be the main event.

johnbradshawlayfield said:
taker deserves to headline his final wresltemania. look for him to win the title a few months before it. carry the title to wmania and win I wanna say it will be against micheals. micheals is a great talent and probably the only openent at wrestlemania since hhh that the crownd might think has a shot. maybe it will be edge. maybe hhh, but hhh is exepected to fued with jbl. i would say look for taker vs micheals as the main event. having all the wrestlers come out to respect him at the end. it doesnet have to be about the title the title is used to push younger talent, but it should none the less be the main event.

The past wrestlemania most likely was his last. Also the title is and always should be about the best talent not the youngest. But don't expect Vince to give taker any respect.

DeathIsARight said:
The past wrestlemania most likely was his last. Also the title is and always should be about the best talent not the youngest. But don't expect Vince to give taker any respect.

the thing is, that taker doesn't want the belt anymore, and he just wants to get over young guys and do what he loves

Opponent: Kane

Match type: Buried Alive Inferno Casket Match (Winner must place opponent in the casket, light it on fire, and bury their opponent)

PPV: Survivor Series

Win/Lose: Lose

Get up and walk out/Disappear forever/other: Just as Kane wins, he looks on all giddy and then slowly begins to realize that his brother and last surviving family member is gone forever. Just as Kane begins to break down the lights go out and a sihlouette of his brother extending his arms on one knee appears next to a sihlouette of Paul Bearer holding the urn. Kane starts crying and gets down on one knee and extends his arm back and says "Ashes to Ashes" one last time.

Kane goes on to have an angle where he feels that he is all alone and gets depressed that eventually turns violent after people make fun of him over it. Kane enters the Rumble and makes it to the final two (AGAIN!!!). Just as he is about to be thrown out, the lights go out (Taker's spirit) distracting his opponent and Kane finally wins the Rumble. Kane then goes on to lose to HHH at WM, upon which HHH will bash Taker and Bearer's grave with a sledgehammer, dress up as Kane, and copulate with both of their corpses. The next night on Raw, Kane will team up with Lance Caid to take on Big Vis and Conway.

JK. In all actuality, Kane would go on to win at WM using Taker as his motivation. In fact, now that I think about it, HHH smashing their graves with a sledge would make for a great great buildup. Anyways, that's what I'd like to see. Too bad it's just a fantasy.

Oh, and I really don't understand some of the opponents ya'll are picking. His last opponent HAS to be Kane AND at the same time, he can finally put Kane/Glen Jacobs over! Kane has NEVER beaten the Undertaker 1 on 1. Can you believe that? It could also finally put Kane in line for the title, as I mentioned above. That's just one way to get it done.

ChokeslamToHell said:

Oh, and I really don't understand some of the opponents ya'll are picking. His last opponent HAS to be Kane AND at the same time, he can finally put Kane/Glen Jacobs over! Kane has NEVER beaten the Undertaker 1 on 1. Can you believe that? It could also finally put Kane in line for the title, as I mentioned above. That's just one way to get it done.

Pretty much already said what I was going to. Kane and the Undertaker not only have had some great storylines and chemistry in the place (like Rock v HHH, Rock v Austin, HHH v HBK etc) but also their characters have a proper deep storyline behind them that connect very well like no others really in the WWE. Kane's never beaten his brother, I love their mathes, or specifically the build-up, but still. Kane should end Taker's streak at Wrestlemania and then go on to win the title a few months later.

ChokeslamToHell said:

Match type: Buried Alive Inferno Casket Match (Winner must place opponent in the casket, light it on fire, and bury their opponent)

PPV: Survivor Series

Win/Lose: Lose

Get up and walk out/Disappear forever/other: Just as Kane wins, he looks on all giddy and then slowly begins to realize that his brother and last surviving family member is gone forever. Just as Kane begins to break down the lights go out and a sihlouette of his brother extending his arms on one knee appears next to a sihlouette of Paul Bearer holding the urn. Kane starts crying and gets down on one knee and extends his arm back and says "Ashes to Ashes" one last time.

Kane goes on to have an angle where he feels that he is all alone and gets depressed that eventually turns violent after people make fun of him over it. Kane enters the Rumble and makes it to the final two (AGAIN!!!). Just as he is about to be thrown out, the lights go out (Taker's spirit) distracting his opponent and Kane finally wins the Rumble.
JK. In all actuality, Kane would go on to win at WM using Taker as his motivation. In fact, now that I think about it, HHH smashing their graves with a sledge would make for a great great buildup. Anyways, that's what I'd like to see. Too bad it's just a fantasy.

Thats a good idea. There is NO WAY to top that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back