• Middleweight
    Chris Weidman Vs. Yoel Romero
  • Women’s Strawweight Championship
    Joanna Jedrzejczyk © Vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
  • Welterweight Championship
    Tyron Woodley © Vs. Stephen Thompson
  • Lightweight Championship
    Eddie Alvarez © Vs. Conor McGregor

My Thoughts: The main card is interesting enough for me. I have interest in every match on the main card. But only couple of matches in preliminary card have my interest.

First, about preliminary fights.

Those two fights might eventually serve as co-main event & main event of the preliminary card. Khabib Nurmagomedov is still undefeated and has been pretty vocal about not being given a chance at the title. This fight can assure his title shot if he remains undefeated. Plus Frankie Edgar returns after losing an interim title match against Jose Aldo and faces Jeremy Stephens.

Now onto the main card.

Miesha Tate became champion by defeating the favorite Holly Holm at UFC 196 and then went on to get squashed by the challenger Amanda Nunes at UFC 200. This fight could showcase what lies in future for her. Can she rebound from a big loss or another loss awaits her end? That's the question to be answered at this event.

Donald Cerrone faces Kevin Gastelum. While Cerrone is on a 3-fight win streak, Gastelum has had only 2 losses in his career, both via split decisions. A win for either guy could put them into top 5 Welterweights and more near to a title shot.

Chris Weidman faces Yoel Romero in yet another interesting fight. Both have only lost once in their respective careers. Plus both are going to return after almost a year in a match which could decide the next challenger for Michael Bisping.

The undefeated champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk faces another challenger in form of Karolina Kowalkiewicz who is also undefeated for the Women’s Strawweight Championship. The Polish duo met previously in their amateur days in 2012 where Jedrzejczyk defeated Kowalkiewicz via submission. Someone's undefeated streak is going to be broken.

The new champion Tyron Woodley faces a new challenger in form of Stephen Thompson which is going to be interesting to see how they mesh up with each other. Thompson did impress me while fighting MacDonald.

The main event is an another interesting fight. It's a Champion Vs. Champion fight. McGregor who is currently the featherweight champion faces Alvarez for the lightweight title to become the first one to win two titles at the same time, a feat which BJ Penn was unable to accomplish at UFC 94. Both are known for their knockout wins and that's what makes this fight more interesting.

I am excited. What about you? :suspic:

I usually get pumped up for a good UFC card only to be disappointed time and time again to the point where I wonder why I bother watching at all. I might catch a replay down the road. Weidman would be the only match I'd be interested in. He'll be champion soon. Bisping should just retire right now, he really doesn't deserve to be called a champion. It won't be long before he gets his mouth shut by a real contender, pretty much anyone right now. He better hope St. Pierre doesn't answer his challenge too. He'd tear Bisping to pieces on his worst day.

I usually get pumped up for a good UFC card only to be disappointed time and time again to the point where I wonder why I bother watching at all. I might catch a replay down the road. Weidman would be the only match I'd be interested in. He'll be champion soon. Bisping should just retire right now, he really doesn't deserve to be called a champion. It won't be long before he gets his mouth shut by a real contender, pretty much anyone right now. He better hope St. Pierre doesn't answer his challenge too. He'd tear Bisping to pieces on his worst day.
Interestingly for Bisping, the Middleweight Division does have a bunch of good title challengers in the top 10 from whom Bisping should surely be careful of. Weodman is going to face Romero at this event and Rockhold (the former champion) is going to face Jacare Souza. Plus Mousasi has been on a roll lately and is also booked to face Uriah Hall.

Still He did trash talk about Weidman, Rockhold and Romero but didn't mention a bit of Jacare & Mousasi. Plus, he now wants a match at UFC 206. Let's see if he gets one. Because all top contenders are already booked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back