• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TURN OFF THE TV!!!

Kidpolean

Championship Contender
After reading all the post about the rumble I have to ask a serious question...why not just stop watching the wwe? I don't understand why people would constantly watch and actively participate in discussions about a company that they don't like. Wrestling fans, for some reason, feel that they need to control the product. Maybe its like a power thing that makes the fans feel important? I don't get it! You don't see people standing out side of the Coca Cola factory talking about how bad their soda taste...they just don't drink it. Wrestling fans are the only consumer that I can think of the tries to control their product. Growing up, I was a huge WCW fan. WCW eventually got so bad that one day I just stopped watching, it was easy because the show simply wasn't entertaining anymore. I would never spend two hours every Monday watching something that wasn't entertaining.

I think that WWE fans are almost addicted to hating the product. Its like you need to watch it so that you can talk about how bad it is. Just don't watch anymore. Maybe than this forum can go back to actually being about wrestling fans discussing wrestling instead of a bunch of people that simply hate the wwe. I actively participate in several forums but this is the only one that is filled without hate for the topic and purpose of the forum. Can someone explain why you don't just stop watching ???

Imagine if if instead of austin winning in 1998 it was a baked potato. That's basically what happened. The crowd still hangs because there are no other viable options, TNA sucks worse and since last year was changed to help the fans people hope they can put Bryan in again. Vince should be riding this to the bank instead he's doubling down on something no one wants.

I know it may be hard to understand but it is possible to like a specific character of a show you otherwise hate and watch the show you hate simply because of that character.

That is effectively what you have in WWE right now. People love Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, and Wyatt. Even when they hate what WWE is doing they respect the hell out of those guys and want to support them, unfortunatly the only way to do that means also supporting WWE. There is a reason I only keep RAW on when those guys are on, also Mizdow/Lesnar/Rollins, but if I don't see them then I do in fact turn my TV off.

I don't actually hate the product. It has its problems, but I still watch because there are a handful of cool thing going on, like Rollins (although it is quite sad that for the first time in ever tna is actually putting on a better overall product than wwe)

Actually I even enjoyed the whole rumble ppv. The pre-show was fine, the ascension stuff passable, the divas stuff a bit shit, although I'm quite happy that they have at least one woman wrestler (natalya) that looks like a proper badass fighter rather than like a stripper (sadly they ruined her character with the total divas crap), The triple threat was great, and the rumble had good moments.

This doesn't take away from the fact that Roman winning made absolutely no sense at all. I don't get this "people should not complain" line of thinking. If you like roman support roman, and let the people who didn't like that choice feel as they want to feel.

After reading all the post about the rumble I have to ask a serious question...why not just stop watching the wwe? I don't understand why people would constantly watch and actively participate in discussions about a company that they don't like. Wrestling fans, for some reason, feel that they need to control the product. Maybe its like a power thing that makes the fans feel important? I don't get it! You don't see people standing out side of the Coca Cola factory talking about how bad their soda taste...they just don't drink it. Wrestling fans are the only consumer that I can think of the tries to control their product. Growing up, I was a huge WCW fan. WCW eventually got so bad that one day I just stopped watching, it was easy because the show simply wasn't entertaining anymore. I would never spend two hours every Monday watching something that wasn't entertaining.

I think that WWE fans are almost addicted to hating the product. Its like you need to watch it so that you can talk about how bad it is. Just don't watch anymore. Maybe than this forum can go back to actually being about wrestling fans discussing wrestling instead of a bunch of people that simply hate the wwe. I actively participate in several forums but this is the only one that is filled without hate for the topic and purpose of the forum. Can someone explain why you don't just stop watching ???

Because we want pro-wrestling to survive. WWE is the flag bearer of a product that's niche. There's not much to watch in terms of pro-wrestling. Of course, we have the indies and Japan, but they don't air in my part of the world. They are not the same product that I fell in love with. Moreover, people like me pour hard earned money into this company (merch and WWE subscription cost me more than they do in the US). WWE still produces good shows every now and then and when I look at the roster, I see the potential of it. I mean the Seth Rollins, Ambroses, Bryans, Zigglers, and even Reigns are really long term things. So when they do something that can hurt the product long term, I get antsy.

I'd love to simply stop watching something I don't enjoy anymore. But I love pro-wrestling too much. It's a unique form of art which doesn't have many takers nowadays. If WWE goes under, I might not get my fix. There are people there I care about and I genuinely want them to do well, because I enjoy them.

Of course, the day it becomes unbearable, I'll stop watching and move on. It hasn't reached that point, so I am within my right to critique something I love with passion. And if coming to forums gives me the chance to air my frustration, I'll do that.

As far as fans controlling the product goes, ask every studio, director and producer whose movies got canned because there were no audience. Ask every producer who had a TV show that got canceled because of low viewership. Ask them what paying fans mean. They'll tell you why fans are important.

Because we want pro-wrestling to survive. WWE is the flag bearer of a product that's niche. There's not much to watch in terms of pro-wrestling. Of course, we have the indies and Japan, but they don't air in my part of the world. They are not the same product that I fell in love with. Moreover, people like me pour hard earned money into this company (merch and WWE subscription cost me more than they do in the US). WWE still produces good shows every now and then and when I look at the roster, I see the potential of it. I mean the Seth Rollins, Ambroses, Bryans, Zigglers, and even Reigns are really long term things. So when they do something that can hurt the product long term, I get antsy.

I'd love to simply stop watching something I don't enjoy anymore. But I love pro-wrestling too much. It's a unique form of art which doesn't have many takers nowadays. If WWE goes under, I might not get my fix. There are people there I care about and I genuinely want them to do well, because I enjoy them.

Of course, the day it becomes unbearable, I'll stop watching and move on. It hasn't reached that point, so I am within my right to critique something I love with passion. And if coming to forums gives me the chance to air my frustration, I'll do that.

As far as fans controlling the product goes, ask every studio, director and producer whose movies got canned because there were no audience. Ask every producer who had a TV show that got canceled because of low viewership. Ask them what paying fans mean. They'll tell you why fans are important.

I'm with you 100% on this. I may hate some of the things wwe does, but I keep watching for the guys I enjoy seeing, Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt, Bryan and Ziggler to name a few. I would add Reigns to that too, but creative hasn't given him a character I can get behind yet. I will continue to be a wwe fan, whether they give me what I want or not.

Imagine if if instead of austin winning in 1998 it was a baked potato. That's basically what happened. The crowd still hangs because there are no other viable options, TNA sucks worse and since last year was changed to help the fans people hope they can put Bryan in again. Vince should be riding this to the bank instead he's doubling down on something no one wants.

This made me laugh so much. And it's so on the money. There are no other alternatives to wwe right now. And we want wrestling to survive.

After reading all the post about the rumble I have to ask a serious question...why not just stop watching the wwe?

Because it would be moronic to completely cut something out of your life because one singular occurrence.

I don't understand why people would constantly watch and actively participate in discussions about a company that they don't like.

I agree, now please find me five examples where someone said they hated the company and meant that they really hated the company and the product as opposed to people not enjoying certain decisions and moments.

Wrestling fans, for some reason, feel that they need to control the product. Maybe its like a power thing that makes the fans feel important?!

Why did you include a question mark here?

I don't get it! You don't see people standing out side of the Coca Cola factory talking about how bad their soda taste...they just don't drink it.!

Coke is pretty much a singular product that has one main aspect to it - taste. WWE provides a massive numbers of products and hours of entertainment. Your analogy sucks.

Wrestling fans are the only consumer that I can think of the tries to control their product.

I guess you've never sent back soup, or returned a shirt, or filled out a survey, or complained about anything ever. Are you telling me that if I search through your posts I will never find a single complaint?

Growing up, I was a huge WCW fan. WCW eventually got so bad that one day I just stopped watching, it was easy because the show simply wasn't entertaining anymore. I would never spend two hours every Monday watching something that wasn't entertaining.

So you didn't like the whole show, that sounds like a lot more than being pissed about one Royal Rumble after 14 billion hours of other programming.

I think that WWE fans are almost addicted to hating the product. Its like you need to watch it so that you can talk about how bad it is. Just don't watch anymore.

You seem very bothered by people's criticisms of The Rumble, why don't you stop reading them?

Maybe than this forum can go back to actually being about wrestling fans discussing wrestling instead of a bunch of people that simply hate the wwe. I actively participate in several forums but this is the only one that is filled without hate for the topic and purpose of the forum. Can someone explain why you don't just stop watching ???

Probably not. You don't seem to simply understand the difference between having gripes about certain aspects of a product and not liking major fundamental aspects of the same product.

You also think Coke and WWE are similar products. It may take many years and a lot of crayons to get you to understand the answer to your own question.

I enjoy the product, even during the Attitude Era, there were things that were done that I didn't agree with.

It's entertainment to me. I don't take it too seriously. I've attended multiple live events and WrestleMania 30.

OP you hit on so many truths. No, the people do not stop watching. EVEN TONIGHT, some garbage throwaway Raw broadcast from Stamford with REPLAY FOOTAGE OF THE PPV THEY HATED, people are watching it. You're absolutely right that now people get the enjoyment from complaining about the product, so that's why they don't stop watching. I like to participate in forums and chat rooms when WWE is on TV and the hive mind of the IWC is just disgusting. People enjoy getting together and doing nothing but complaining about it, rather than like you said, turning off the TV. It's stupid, but ultimately pretty funny in the end. These people might actually be more entertained by the enjoyment they get from hating the product, rather than WWE actually putting on a good show. There's nothing much to talk about after a good show. But man is it fun to complain. I'm really disgusted by the wrestling community this week. It's just getting idiotic.

I have said that since last night. I actually loved the RR. I honestly felt like it was AWESOME. I have been saying to all those people who cancelled their subscription to PLEASE STAY GONE. Why come back? It makes absolutely no sense. As far as just liking certain characters... That is just dumb. If you hate the product then what is the point. The a Network costs money. Going to matches costs money. WHY PAY REPEATEDLY FOR A PRODUCT YOU DISLIKE?

Oh and as for the SMART ASS who says who said we hated the product. Well damn. If every time I saw U I SLAPPED THE SHYT OUT OF YOU IT MIGHT GIVE YOU THE IMPRESSION I DISLIKED YOU.

Well if after every show and PPV you HO bitches are on here HO bitching.....

I just assumed you did NOT like the product. Which would explains why you HO BITCHES are always BITCHING LIKE HOES! Actions speak louder than words and since U bitches are always bitching people might take it that you are not fond of the product. If that is the case the OP is like just stop watching. If that's not the case then SHUT THE HELL UP AND WATCH THE SHOW AND QUIT RUINING IT FOR OTHERS

So basically you are like a bunch of old ladies complaining about how bad the weather is whether it's sunny or cloudy ? Hot or Cold? Seniors expect they can change the weather when they cannot same with this worst wrestling excrement product . You can't expect a product to change when wwe doesn t care unlike TNA who listens to their fans

Watch TNA and ROH then TNA is overall better product now than worst wrestling excrement! How is bitching and nagging going to do anything to change pro wrestling when Mc Moron doesn t care about his revenue or the fans who are suckered into watching a ppv for 40$ or their network for 9.99?
Hell I go to bars and watch UFC ,TNA and wwe for free. UFC knows how to put up a great card unlike the crappy ppv we saw yesterday
No Orton? NO Y2Jobber ? NO bastista? No Darren Young ? They just bring in any wrestler to fill up the 30 participants in the Rumble!
Awful and terribly done but I gave up complaining cause wwe doesn't care nor listen to their wwe worshippers on here so advert and convert to TNA and ROH then

This made me laugh so much. And it's so on the money. There are no other alternatives to wwe right now. And we want wrestling to survive.

LOL Wrestling died long time ago and what is left is just a circus mixed with wrestling thanks to McMoron he killed wrestling looooooooooong time ago!
Wrestling is dying in a fast pace with MMA around UFC and Bellator will crush worst wrestling excrement I am hoping TNA does rise above the hate and disloyalty. I wish WCW did destroy wwe completely I was always wishing it and well WCW went out control and messed up ! Having whining fans bitch about wwe product and attacking TNA is not a solution

The reason I liked WCW better was because of the in ring wrestling was more diverse with them having Lucha wrestling. The WWE at the time went bit off ECW style and took it to another level. As a kid I cared about story lines but I don't today since I know it's all scripted. I just care about good matches which O get from Impact on a weekly bases TNA has some of the best matches but I admit the story lines can get cheesy. Also I watched NXT for the first time this month and I'm impressed I enjoy it more then any of WWE other shows. Raw is filled with useless promos and backstage segments and fills like they forget to deliver on the matches. Raw is three hours long and two hours of Impact puts on more matches that's actually decent to awesome.

man daniel bryan sounded as bitter as his fans on StudioRAW - unnecessary shots at Roman Reigns. Hey buddy it's not Roman's fault you got injured.

If the internet didn't exist and I couldn't complain with you guys, then I would stop watching. The forums/chats are the only way I can enjoy the product anymore.

I actually don't even pay attention to the TV when it's on unless Brock, Bryan or Ziggler come out. I tune out when Diva's, Uso's, Cena and other jobbers appear. I watch what I like, then I spend the rest of the show bashing the people I don't like on forums.

Sorry, but if Cena is in the last match, I don't need to pay attention because I know he wins clean or someone will interfere and he will lose unfairly.

All team sports have this type off fans talking shit bout the product (team) and still watching. How many times have you heard fans talk shit bout a coach or player but still being a fan of the team.

You know in all seriousness here let's cut out the bullshit and cut to the chase.

It's the height of irony that people will come on a wrestling site, and have the nerve to complain about the fans who are complaining about something they just watched. If you think that every wrestling fan is going to swallow everything that Vince McMahon tries to shove down our throats then you're mistaken.

Some are happy that Reigns won. Others like myself thought someone more deserving should have had that spot, and damm it I'll come on here and say it. If you don't like it, then scroll on by and don't read it. As long as there is an IWC and the WWE, you are going to get fans who don't agree.

That doesn't mean they hate the product and don't want to watch it anymore, it just means that not everything they see will be to their taste. Nothing wrong with that.

In this case you have a guy in Roman Reigns, who is 3 years in the business. His singles career started last June, and he was out from September to December recovering from a hernia operation. Now he is going to main event Wrestlemania.

That's not to my taste, I think they are going to ruin him, but if you as a fan are happy with seeing this guy get thrown to the wolves, then by all means. Just don't bitch about it later.

You know in all seriousness here let's cut out the bullshit and cut to the chase.

It's the height of irony that people will come on a wrestling site, and have the nerve to complain about the fans who are complaining about something they just watched. If you think that every wrestling fan is going to swallow everything that Vince McMahon tries to shove down our throats then you're mistaken.

Some are happy that Reigns won. Others like myself thought someone more deserving should have had that spot, and damm it I'll come on here and say it. If you don't like it, then scroll on by and don't read it. As long as there is an IWC and the WWE, you are going to get fans who don't agree.

That doesn't mean they hate the product and don't want to watch it anymore, it just means that not everything they see will be to their taste. Nothing wrong with that.

In this case you have a guy in Roman Reigns, who is 3 years in the business. His singles career started last June, and he was out from September to December recovering from a hernia operation. Now he is going to main event Wrestlemania.

That's not to my taste, I think they are going to ruin him, but if you as a fan are happy with seeing this guy get thrown to the wolves, then by all means. Just don't bitch about it later.

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins have both been around in WWE as long as Roman Reigns (they came in the same night).

So, how would you feel if Seth Rollins cashed in and won the title? Is he ready? He has been around as long as Roman, so what is the difference? Is that okay because he is playing a heel, so is meant to be booed by the fans.

Or Dean Ambrose. He is loved by WWE fans, and gets a lot of cheers at arenas. Is he ready? He has been in as long as Roman too.

The fact, you don't want Roman having the belt because you don't like him or don't rate him. Pure and simple. He doesn't fit into "your" perception of what a champion for be. No, to you a champion should be a human crash test dummy like Dolph or a skinny vegan like Daniel Bryan.

If every match is like the Rumble match itself, I would stop watching and stop talking about it altogether. The fact that I still watch "wrestling" is because not every match sucked, some are awesome. If that's the case, why can't I voice out what is wrong with the product? Why is it that you can voice your opinion, and I can't voice mine?

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins have both been around in WWE as long as Roman Reigns (they came in the same night).

So, how would you feel if Seth Rollins cashed in and won the title? Is he ready? He has been around as long as Roman, so what is the difference? Is that okay because he is playing a heel, so is meant to be booed by the fans.

Or Dean Ambrose. He is loved by WWE fans, and gets a lot of cheers at arenas. Is he ready? He has been in as long as Roman too.

The fact, you don't want Roman having the belt because you don't like him or don't rate him. Pure and simple. He doesn't fit into "your" perception of what a champion for be. No, to you a champion should be a human crash test dummy like Dolph or a skinny vegan like Daniel Bryan.

When Tyler Black was the ROH Champion and Jon Moxley were tearing up the indies, getting their experience, what was Roman Reigns doing? I'll tell you, he was playing defensive tackle (I believe) in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos, after being cut by the Minnesota Vikings.

Oh they may have come up at the same time as members of the Shield but the experience level of Rollins (Tyler Black) and Ambrose (Jon Moxley) couldn't be further apart. And are you actually going to say they are at the same level as Reigns. They are far above it and it's been apparent for a long time. Both Rollins and Ambrose know how to work a match, they can dictate the pace, they can talk the mic, none of which Reigns can do yet.

Just look at what's happened to the three Shield members since the break up. Rollins has reinvented himself at the top heel in the company, Ambrose is one of the most over guys on the roster and had the feud of the year with Rollins. Reigns still wears the same outfit, has the same music, and the same entrance. It's like they never split up. I'm a fan of Reigns, but I'm not blinded by his good looks and see the reality of the situation.

And the reason I don't want him to have the belt is not because I hate him, it's because he isn't ready to carry it. Rollins and Ambrose have been ready for awhile now, and they've shown it. Both of them have reached out to grab the brass ring McMahon has spoken about, they have progressed and evolved. Reigns on the other hand had it handed too him and he hasn't progressed one iota really since last June.

When Tyler Black was the ROH Champion and Jon Moxley were tearing up the indies, getting their experience, what was Roman Reigns doing? I'll tell you, he was playing defensive tackle (I believe) in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos, after being cut by the Minnesota Vikings.

Oh they may have come up at the same time as members of the Shield but the experience level of Rollins (Tyler Black) and Ambrose (Jon Moxley) couldn't be further apart. And are you actually going to say they are at the same level as Reigns. They are far above it and it's been apparent for a long time. Both Rollins and Ambrose know how to work a match, they can dictate the pace, they can talk the mic, none of which Reigns can do yet.

Just look at what's happened to the three Shield members since the break up. Rollins has reinvented himself at the top heel in the company, Ambrose is one of the most over guys on the roster and had the feud of the year with Rollins. Reigns still wears the same outfit, has the same music, and the same entrance. It's like they never split up. I'm a fan of Reigns, but I'm not blinded by his good looks and see the reality of the situation.

And the reason I don't want him to have the belt is not because I hate him, it's because he isn't ready to carry it. Rollins and Ambrose have been ready for awhile now, and they've shown it. Both of them have reached out to grab the brass ring McMahon has spoken about, they have progressed and evolved. Reigns on the other hand had it handed too him and he hasn't progressed one iota really since last June.
Ambrose and Rollins are both not ready. Ambrose matches suck and you have no clue if he can dictate the pace of a match you are just using wrestling lingo for the sake of using it. Rollins and Ambrose are solid midcarders at best but have been forced into the main event because the roster is terrible.

None of them should be anywhere near the WWE title. If these guys are the new standard of "being ready" than the WWE title has become complete trash and has lost all prestige. Brock vs any of the Shield members one on one is a freaking joke. The only credible threat to Brock is Cena. The WWE seriously lacks stars and main eventers which is why Reigns is getting his shot so early.

Ambrose and Rollins are both not ready. Ambrose matches suck and you have no clue if he can dictate the pace of a match you are just using wrestling lingo for the sake of using it. Rollins and Ambrose are solid midcarders at best but have been forced into the main event because the roster is terrible.

None of them should be anywhere near the WWE title. If these guys are the new standard of "being ready" than the WWE title has become complete trash and has lost all prestige. Brock vs any of the Shield members one on one is a freaking joke. The only credible threat to Brock is Cena. The WWE seriously lacks stars and main eventers which is why Reigns is getting his shot so early.

Both Rollins and Ambrose can hold their own in a match, and are ready for the big time. You and other fans like you are the reason that people are turning off their TV's and leaving.

The company lacks stars because whenever anyone tries to rise above the rest, it's fans like you that don't want them. Do you really think that John Cena at his age is going to be wrestling full time for another 10-15 years. What happens if he gets injured or his body just gives out, then what do they do? No one wants anyone else but him or Daniel Bryan and maybe Dolph Ziggler.

So we go into the same cycle again of Orotn/Cena, except using Bryan/Ziggler in their place. And out of the three Shield members do you really think that the best one to go up against Lesnar is Roman Reigns? You would put 3 years experience against the experience that Rollins and Ambrose have. I wouldn't not any day of the week.

It has always disturbed me the mental gymnastics the "fans" must make in order to justify their continued consumption of a product like a junky does to continue using heroin. "Oh, we just want the product to be "better" (even though we're the pathetically small vocal minority, and in no way represent actual pro-wrestling fans) meaning, we want to fantasy book on the internet, and then make the WWE actually write out our fantasy booking."

If you don't want Roman Reigns to be the champ, don't watch Mania. I DO want Roman Reigns to be the champ, so I will watch, hoping he gets the pin. If you want Daniel Bryan to be the champ, then don't watch Mania. I do NOT want Daniel Bryan to be the champ, because I'm not impressed with him at all. So, I will watch Mania, hoping that he isn't the champion. Now, if things don't go as I want them to, I'll happily watch the next night's Raw, hoping to see the new story lines. I'm not going to throw a massive fit all over the internet, crying like a child that I didn't get my way.

The real fact is that the critics, the detractors, and the real marks keep trying to change a program that WAY more fans like than dislike. The vocal minority has always been mentally disturbed as far as pro-wrestling goes, at least in the episodic era of pro-wrestling. They ruin live events, and they ruin the experience for the casual observers. Imagine if in 1998, there were real smark IWC fans that shit all over Stone Cold every single time he tried to cut a promo or every single time the glass shattered. He probably would have walked away.

If you don't want Roman Reigns to be the champ, don't watch Mania. I DO want Roman Reigns to be the champ, so I will watch, hoping he gets the pin. If you want Daniel Bryan to be the champ, then don't watch Mania. I do NOT want Daniel Bryan to be the champ, because I'm not impressed with him at all.

I am on that boat, personally I am not going to watch WM. However I am in my point of my life that I can be ok to not watch Wrestling. However I think there are still passionate wrestling fans out there that still love Wrestling that didn't like Reigns winning but will still watch the product no matter what. I can understand why, for many if something you love goes sour, do you just throw it away? Or continue to support it and hoping it will turn around.

I guess everyone has a threshold, I am on mine. But for others they haven't gone that far yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back