TUF Season 15 Coaches Announced: Faber vs. Cruz

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
0.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmaweekly-7c5d6a4d3b87d2b4e2e2206cfd0e9d86

It's official... Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz are announced as coaches for season 15 of The Ultimate Fighter, set to premier in March of 2012.

Faber has wanted to be a coach on TUF since his victory at UFC 139 against Brian Bowles. And it's no secret that there is no love-loss between Faber and Cruz. This will be the rubber match between the two competitors, as Faber won their first fight in the Featherweight division and Cruz defeated Faber to defend his Bantamweight title at UFC 132.

Season 15 will feature Lightweights and Welterweights battling for six-figure contracts with the UFC. These always tend to be exciting weight classes and if they're anything like last season, we're in for some fireworks.

Let's discuss the upcoming season in here.

Part of me thinks it'll be exciting since two new guys will get to coach, they have heat between each other, and they are a new weight class. But the other part of me really wanted to see Chael Sonnen vs. anyone on TUF. Overall it should be a good season, Cruz and Faber don't like each other so there should be plenty of confrontation between the two. Also, the weight classes involved should be fun to watch, Lightweight and Welterweight usually are.

I'm pumped. Both guys are immensely talented fighters and easily the two best fighters in their division. Add on the fact that they really don't like eachother, and this should be a great season. Faber is easily the most marketable fighter below 155 and is a great guy to use when trying to heighten the appeal of the lower weight classes. The actual fights should also be good considering it will feature two very entertaining weight classes. I think it's a perfect season to start on Fox.

I'm not very excited to be honest, I think both guys are super talented and fun to watch fight but I have no interest in seeing them as coaches. Their personalities aren't very entertaining for a show like TUF, even if they hate each other I just see them being boring coaches, but they will definitely be good for the fighters with all their knowledge and talent. The fights themselves should be good too, LW and WW is a good combo and have given us some really good stuff on TUF in the past. All I care about is making sure Jamie Yager didn't make it onto the show, I doubt he did tho. :p

I couldn't be less interested in this. Faber and Cruz are good fighters, but as personalities they're completely generic. And there's no doubt all the 'fights' and arguments between the two will be completely forced.

Honestly though, the whole concept of TUF has grown tired with me. They need another Comeback season. You know, get fighters in the house who we actually know. As the show gets older and older, the chances of one of these new guys breaking out and truly becoming a star in this sport become less and less possible. I mean, look at the last few winners... who stands out? Roy Nelson, and that's it. And Nelson had a name before entering the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back