Tuesday Night Smackdown?

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Recent reports have said that if "Super Smackdown" works out, they're goig to change the time slot to Tuesday.

What do you think about this?

I can't say much, I live in the UK, and record Smackdown every week. So it won't affect me. But I know it'll affect other people more.

Well I guess alot of people finally got their wish.Still I think wwe wanted to change it cause of ufc.Since ufc is now going to be on fridays the wwe doesn't want competition but that is my opinion.

I think if it happens it will be smart move,WWE don't want to compete with UFC on friday nights because it will take some of there ratings away,and therre ratings are low enough already.Also On fridays people normally go out than sit and watch SD! on a friday so tuesday would give them higher ratings and if it does become Live TV then it would make smackdown a overall better show and add more of that feel good feeling if you know what i mean?? Anyway it would be a smart move for them and i hope it goes live aswell:)

I too, hope that SD makes the move to Tuesday and goes Live. I agree that WWE likely does not relish the idea of airing head-to-head against UFC, and Friday is a notoriously weak night for television, in terms of ratings. And I for one, prefer the overall feel of a live broadcast. This move could possibly allow SD to truly compete with Raw in the ratings game.

WWE would slaughter the UFC in a ratings war.

It's because in the UFC, you can't have your stars on every week. They'll have to show reruns. The WWE is much better as a weekly episodic show.

I think that Friday is just a shit night to begin with and taped shows don't ever have the same buzz. So a move to Tuesdays live would be awesome. I hope it happens. It has nothing to do with Vince being afraid of the UFC. UFC fans generally hate pro wrestling because "it's fake" (even though UFC fabricates storylines too), so it's not really split viewership anymore than CSI or Jersey Shore would split the viewership.

My intent was not to suggest that Vince was afraid of UFC. Only that-in a business sense-WWE would in all probability, rather not air opposite UFC, which is experiencing an upsurge in interest following the new deal with Fox. Personally, I find UFC to be somewhat of a bore.

i think the tuesday slot is much more convienient (sp?)..on firdays like above is a night you want to do something not sit and watch SD...airing on tuesday would make me watch is every week since i feel SD has better talent then RAW, and as it is now, on Fridays i find it hard to catch the show. So i feel this would be a good move.

WWE needs to get SmackDown off the Friday night death-slot. Honestly, who is going to use one of their weekend nights to watch tv? Not me. I usually end up watching SmackDown on Youtube Tuesday nights anyways (if I have the time). SmackDown live on Tuesdays? I'm all for it. The live feeling will add to the broadcast and the show being on a weeknight will up its ratings. It would be a great move for the blue brand.

I'm very happy with this. I love smackdown but I'm busy on Friday Night's so I watch it on Youtube whenever I get the time. Live smackdown would give it a more unpredictable feel to the show which it lacks. I've been trying to say for a while that smackdown shouldn't be on friday nights. I hope they could also change the theme too.

if it works out and SD remains LIVE every tuesday then that would be great but only if the brand extension stays. It would be pointless to have four hours worth of wrestling 24 hours apart from eachother with the same exact wrestlers on. Dont you think?

WWE did go all out promoting SuperSmackdown. Orton/Christian in a cage. They heavily promoted Triple H, Cena and CM Punk being on the show.

Raw did a 2.97 last week. Raw has always been their premier show. What would realistic goals for SD be? Its viewed as the B show on much less popular channel, Scyfy.

I dont think you will see a spike in ratings for SD right away. But I think over time they can improve SD ratings if they stay on Tuesday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back