Truth Be Told....

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
My Last thread struck truth, and opinions. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions. So am I. I'm entitled to give my opinions. Now I could agree with you, but I could also disagree with you. Just depends on the subject at hand. Wwe has had its great storylines, but in all honesty I see this feud going nowhere and fast. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio was a entertaining match, but we seen it time and time again. No I wont get over what's happening. I watch wrestling for fresh things each week to keep me wanting more, and not less. You all think I should stop watching if I don't like, but who said I have to listen? This thread is clearly how its titled.

1.) Should ADR be the World Heavyweight Champion?

2.) What's your opinion on ADR vs. Rvd at Night Of Champions?

3.) Should Rvd be Champion?

1.) I see why I don't like ADR. He's been in this cycle before and it was constantly terrible. Worthless tv time. I'm going to make this as PERSONAL as the Big Show PERSONAL LIFE DECISIONS BEING AIRED ON TV. I believe in what's BEST for business. I believe in GIVING WHAT THE FAN WANTS. Not ADR. Definitely not Rvds new ring announcer. I can't forget about how pathetic this champion has been put through. It used to mean something. ADR doesn't help rank it back up. Cena could, but I wont say anything, and get heat if it happens. Wwe Officials BELIEVE that one day he will replace Rey Mysterio? Dear Lord help us from this stupid crap. I don't feel like I want to put ADR in the same sentence with Rey. You have Sin Cara who injured a finger. Cry baby. You need surgery? No. Shut Up. ADR replacing Rey wont happen. I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of her relationship. Triple H wont disagree, and again I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of the relationship. Reys been in the business. He's knows the business. Yes he's showing his injuries from the past. Wwe needs to listen. What you believe is right for business is the opposite. Nobody can replace rey mysterio. Plain and simple. You just can't.

2.) Its going to be very entertaining. We have seen it before. Its not a match that I'm anticipating. Even though I will say one thing. You DONT KNOW THE OUTCOME. Rvd could very well win it and lose it. Fast. Damien. To a intelligent guy. Sandow. Or ADR keeps it, and we see him move on to his next challenge. I don't know who, but I have a funny feeling it could be A triple threat lurking his way? Never Know to be honest.

3.) Rvd as the World Heavyweight Champion.!? Ummm. The only reason I see him winning is to drop it on Raw? Wwe can play this out if they want. The have some options open in this. I just don't see exactly were there going. Ill enjoy the match itself, but I don't know if I will enjoy if they further it. Recardo Rodriguez & Rvd vs. ADR will be the match I simply don't care about. I don't care personally. Rvd should win and drop it to Damien Sandow. Your Welcome.

Give your opinions. I understand that my next thread will be amazingly funny. Mae Young just called me to the bedroom so have fun guys and don't forget to have a wonderful day.

Ps: Did I mention that I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of her relationship? No? That's what I thought. Logan_Punisher saying....

My Opinion. Finished. Over.

1. I actually don't mind ADR as much as some. Yes, his character's gotten stale but he still more often than not puts on a good match. I guess I think he's as good a person as any to hold the WHC Championship at this time. I like Christian but I don't think another reign from him would have been particularly interesting at this time and with heels dominating it makes sense for them to have a heel WHC champion. I like Sandow and think he'll make a good champ but would rather he held off on cashing in right now. The only thing he has in common with Mysterio is that they're both latin. Totally different characters and totally different in-ring styles. I don't know much about the latin market to know how over Del Rio is in but I'm guessing he draws enough fans in for them to keep putting the belt on him.

2. I think it's an average feud but that the two will put on a good match at Night of Champions. The RVD/Roberto Rodriguez partnership is so bizarre and there is no chemistry there. There's no need for RVD to have a manager or valet at this point of his career. I can see RR turning on RVD and moving back to Del Rio but Del Rio has become increasing violent after getting rid of RR and I think it works quite well.

Slightly off-topic, but with them debuting a new latin tag-team in Los Matadores, putting Roberto Rodriguez with them could do wonders in getting them over. They need him more than ADR or RVD.

3. RVD doesn't need to be champion. He should only be used to help put other people over. The people love RVD but they'll love him without the belt. The only way I see him winning is if they use him as a transitional champion to allow Sandow to cash in on him.

Question 1) Should Del Rio be the World Heavyweight Champion?
No.

Question 2) What's your opinion on Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam at Night Of Champions?
Me'h.

Question 3) Should RVD be Champion?
Not really.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. It's not an amazingly impressive answer, but it's appropriate. Alberto has never really been over with any of the fans, especially without Ricardo by his side. The whole reason for his stardom was to give the Latino community someone to cheer for, but there's a problem, not many of them like him. Sure, once they tour in Mexico he's semi-popular, but not by much.

The feud? Well in my opinion it's very thrown together and almost an insult to the World Heavyweight Championship. I think the reason why they just practically gave the title to Del Rio was so they could eventually build up a face to win it, which is why it bothered me when they completely half assed the title change and feud with Dolph. This feud seems the same, thrown together and just 'me'h'. Why? Because RVD isn't the won to win, he's just time to pass until whomever they decide is a good enough face is to win it.

RVD being champ? One of my biggest annoyances is when people don't EARN it and just get placed into main events. Now I know RVD HAS paid his dues, I'm not saying when he returned he should start from square one, he definitely deserves to be back in the main event scene but when there are so many young guns deserving of some recognition, he could do more to help build them up more a little. So that's why my reaction is 'not really', because I want him to put a little more hours in.

But that's my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Alberto isn't as bad as people make him out to be. They're simply saying he's bad, because they're bored of him been champion, if he wasn't champion, they would say he should be, you know...typical internet. :banghead:

Alberto is a great heel and hell, I'll even go as far as saying he was a good face in his short run. He's brilliant in the ring and is a legit fighter. He has passion to be great, which everyone in the WWE should have. He knows how to put on a great match also.

As for RVD been champion? Personally, I'd love to see it, but i'm not sure if it's the best choice. Everyone knows he's on a part time schedule, so the question is, when is he taking time off? Maybe they could have RVD win the title and at the next PPV have Del Rio win it back and have him take RVD out, I dunno. :shrug:

Ps: Did I mention that I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of her relationship? No? That's what I thought. Logan_Punisher saying....

No shit. I loved what they did on RAW where Steph go in front of HHH as Big Show was about to punch him, as if to say she can protect him, and HHH in the back with that grin on his face. Great stuff! As for real life, I could believe Steph been the man of the relationship.

My Last thread struck truth, and opinions. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions. So am I. I'm entitled to give my opinions. Now I could agree with you, but I could also disagree with you. Just depends on the subject at hand. Wwe has had its great storylines, but in all honesty I see this feud going nowhere and fast. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio was a entertaining match, but we seen it time and time again. No I wont get over what's happening. I watch wrestling for fresh things each week to keep me wanting more, and not less. You all think I should stop watching if I don't like, but who said I have to listen? This thread is clearly how its titled.

That phrase gets thrown around so much I doubt most even remember what it truly means. You are only entitled to what you can argue for.

Yes. He has worked for it and keeps the crowd interested, even if some of us think he's gotten stale. He is the right man to hold onto that particular title at this moment in time.

It's a match that puts asses in seats. Looks good on paper and sounds good on television. Not much more you could want in a Pay Per View.

No he should not. He just came back and to throw the belt to him that quickly speaks volumes on where creative is going with what's considered the 2nd most important championship in your company.

Don't get me wrong; very few will ever get the pops that Rob Van Dam gets. Let him fight anyone- Jinder Mahal or CM Punk, and he will sell tickets and the match will look decent.

I just don't believe he should obtain the gold so soon.

1.) I see why I don't like ADR. He's been in this cycle before and it was constantly terrible. Worthless tv time. I'm going to make this as PERSONAL as the Big Show PERSONAL LIFE DECISIONS BEING AIRED ON TV. I believe in what's BEST for business. I believe in GIVING WHAT THE FAN WANTS. Not ADR.

I was agreeing with you a bit until that last part. What do the fans want, logan_punisher? Because most of the time I doubt they even know what they want. Not everybody is going to want the same thing, that's just common sense. If WWE knew the fans didn't want ADR, he wouldn't be in the picture. But he is, because enough people like him.

ADR doesn't help rank it back up. Cena could, but I wont say anything, and get heat if it happens.

Why bring him up if you're scared of getting criticized? :confused:

I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of her relationship. Triple H wont disagree, and again I think Stephanie McMahon is the man of the relationship.

What on earth makes you think this? See this is where I notice your problem lies. You have opinions- you have a shitload of opinions. But opinions don't mean shit unless backed up by something. You just saying "I think Steph is the man in her relationship" just sounds ******ed when you give no evidence of why you think this.

Reys been in the business. He's knows the business. Yes he's showing his injuries from the past. Wwe needs to listen. What you believe is right for business is the opposite. Nobody can replace rey mysterio. Plain and simple. You just can't.

You do realize Rey is a trained wrestler, and that trained wrestlers are replaced all the time, right? I mean what you're living by is a Golden Era Standard. That no matter what high flyer may come around, they can't beat Rey or whatever high flyer you may like at the time. Bullshit. People said the same shit about Superfly and look where that wound up.

Give your opinions. I understand that my next thread will be amazingly funny. Mae Young just called me to the bedroom so have fun guys and don't forget to have a wonderful day.

M'kay...

You did, and still gave no reason for your opinion :banghead:

I personally think there are better options; however, he is a solid in-ring performer. He isn't a top quality heel, merely average at best. There are better options out there: Sandow, Rhodes, Barrett, Ziggler, The Miz, Punk. I'd even like to see someone like Curtis Axel get a run because at least it would be interesting.

Its kind off a microcosm of Del Rio's as champ. Solid and dependable but on the whole there are better and more exciting options. It will be a good match but the feud has worked for me and I am dreadfully unexcited.

I'm undecided. I would prefer him as champ over Del Rio and I am a big fan of RVD so it would be nice to see him have one last reign. Personally, I think that if he wins he will be a perfect transitional champ for Sandow who could get a lot of heat by cashing in on RVD.

1. Alberto Del Rio should not be champion. I think he has been given the chance before and he still has done nothing with it. His Face turn was a flop and he has gone back to the old heel gimmick, which was changed because it was STALE!!! In Wrestling, the absolute top guys are always telling the crowd what their motivation is, but with Del Rio, that motivation is never established. If you think over the roster, the top guys are the ones with a clear character motivation, and the bottom guys seem to wrestle every week simply because they can. The whole idea is to have two characters with different motivations that take them to the same place, establishing a reason to actually fight for something beyond the latest PPV arbitrary contender. The world title could do with more people fighting over it, and some hot shotting between a few different people over the next few months before Sandow takes the belt, at least then he has 4 or 5 clear contenders to battle off. Re establishing prestige to the belt can be his whole angle, and how he is smarter than the others who couldn't hold onto it for long enough.

2. Should be great fun to watch, and hopefully RVD gets the win. As most others, I think Ricardo looks ridiculous with RVD, and it makes no sense to pair the two. Ricardo should be paired with Sin Cara, someone he can actually benefit by being a mouthpiece for, rather than RVD, who has been for a long time, a guy who can speak for himself

3. RVD shouldn't be champion for long, but should win first. his title losing feud should involve Alberto telling RVD that his style is too dangerous, and eventually, he will make a mistake and lose the belt, Alberto will be right, but the loss should be unexpected and on Raw against a third opponent. Probably Ziggler. So RVD has the match won but goes for the five star, misses and Ziggler surprises him with a zig zag. RVD then adds a submission finisher move to his arsenal, allowing him to go back and try for the title again, this time with a renewed focus giving it the whole what doesn't kill me, makes the stronger routine.

Like I said, moving the title about, and having a clear plot to follow which establishes each characters strengths and weaknesses, and how losing the belt changes each ones approach to winning it back is the key to rebuilding a championship division for Sandow. The key to the puzzle will be Cody. He should win a fatal four way and then get cashed in. Sandow should then beat RVD, Ziggler and Alberto separately, proving he has all the right attributes and is smarter and more complete than each who went before, and Leading to Cody Vs Sandow at Wrestlemania. The personal element to the feud being what sets it apart from Bryan Vs Punk championship match which is a no brainier for mania

1. I have no problem with ADR being champion. He is an annoying character that most people don't like. Makes for a good heel. But he needs a shot in the arm or maybe a stable. Hell turn him into the Hispanic million dollar man. wave his money around. buy people. But he is good in the ring. And who doesn't like seeing him get beat up?
2. I am enjoying the feud between him and RVD. RVD still puts on great matches and ADR is learning how to deal with RVD. Everything looks good. The fact that Roberto is in RVD's camp is just icing on the cake. RVD is not known as big talker. But Roberto needs to be the voice/manager of someone with an O in there name. OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
3. If he is the champ,thats great. If not,I'm not sad. RVD doesn't need a belt to get over or mke himself more important. It would be cool to see him as the champ though.

1. I have no problem with ADR being champion. He is an annoying character that most people don't like. Makes for a good heel. But he needs a shot in the arm or maybe a stable. Hell turn him into the Hispanic million dollar man. wave his money around. buy people. But he is good in the ring. And who doesn't like seeing him get beat up?
2. I am enjoying the feud between him and RVD. RVD still puts on great matches and ADR is learning how to deal with RVD. Everything looks good. The fact that Roberto is in RVD's camp is just icing on the cake. RVD is not known as big talker. But Roberto needs to be the voice/manager of someone with an O in there name. OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
3. If he is the champ,thats great. If not,I'm not sad. RVD doesn't need a belt to get over or mke himself more important. It would be cool to see him as the champ though.

Actually I just lose interest when ADR is on my tv and start messing around with my computer or go to the bathroom or something. He's not a good heel, he's just not interesting. This feud with RVD is terrible. RVD doesn't talk and ADR can't talk.

His being champion isn't the worst thing in the world. I can take it or leave it.

I'm not a huge fan of either one of them, but the actual match should at least be good.

They're both decent enough transitional champions and if Sandow's next in line for a title shot, I don't mind him facing either one of them in some capacity.

I believe in what's BEST for business. I believe in GIVING WHAT THE FAN WANTS.
:disappointed:
I hate when people use these. These are generic phrases that people say that don't add anything to an argument. You don't think that the WWE wants what's best for business? Of course they do! However, figuring out what that is isn't a simple task.

Neither is figuring out what the fans want or even figuring out which fans to aim at. Even in this small section of the internet, there are major disagreements about who people want to see and in what capacity. Hell, even the three wrestling fans in my family view pro wrestling in three completely different ways.

You have to keep in mind that WWE is aiming for numerous demographics, and they have to consult multiple sources of information regarding who is marketable and who should be pushed. You also have to consider that while the main market is America, there are plenty of international markets for WWE to think about as well.

On top of all this, there's backstage issues and other things to think about when making major decisions about who the champion's going to be and who's going to be pushed. The reasons for a championship reign aren't always simple or obvious. There could be any number of factors that haven't even crossed my mind for them giving ADR multiple championship reigns.

Reys been in the business. He's knows the business. Yes he's showing his injuries from the past. Wwe needs to listen. What you believe is right for business is the opposite. Nobody can replace rey mysterio. Plain and simple. You just can't.

Rey's a longtime veteran who knows the business, but he's likely going to have to retire sooner than later due to his busted knees and other injuries. He also has a family that he's going to want to spend time with while he still has a functioning body. He's been wrestling since his teens. He simply can't go forever, and that fact is increasingly evident. He's going to have to pass the torch at some point. They could give him a legends contract, or have him be a manager or something, but he can't remain a full-time wrestler forever.

It's not a matter of replacing Mysterio completely. Inevitably, though, they're going to need characters that can connect with certain demographics, and right now, WWE is hoping that ADR, Sin Cara and others can do just that. The staff has certain goals set and are doing the best they can to meet those goals under the current circumstances.

Its going to be very entertaining. We have seen it before. Its not a match that I'm anticipating. Even though I will say one thing. You DONT KNOW THE OUTCOME. Rvd could very well win it and lose it.

I just don't see exactly were there going. Ill enjoy the match itself, but I don't know if I will enjoy if they further it.

Why don't you see where it goes before making a judgment on it? It could be interesting.

ok, let me answer these questions
1) eh, he's ok, but i dont really love him as champion. he's good in the ring, but his character isnt one many can connect with, heel or face. should he be champion, no, but i rather him as champion then his last two challengers, WWE needs to find someone else to hold onto that title for a bit
2) it will be a great in ring match, the feud however, just doesnt seem to be that good. RVD vs. Del Rio in a feud would be fine on it's own, but Ricardo helping out just comes off as odd and leads me to believe that Ricardo will turn on RVD.
3) he's not a bad idea for a champion, but should he be, no. he will put on good maybe great matches (if motivated), but his mic work isnt good and the only reason for him to be champion would be for a heel like Sandow to take the title off him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back