Triple H's Credibility as Boss

wwefan0405

Dark Match Jobber
Triple H will someday be the second or third most powerful person in WWE. Who knows, in some regards he might even emerge as THE most powerful person in the McMahon empire. Triple H knows the business inside and out and is a complete professional. He is likely learning the ropes from Vince McMahon himself and probably has as good a grasp of WWE's big picture as Shane.

Because of Triple H's accolades and character, he will be able to demand excellence from main eventers, mid-carders, and curtain-jerkers alike. He'll be able to do so not only because he's the appointed authority of talent, but because he's walked the walk. Let's look at three specific reasons why he'll have credibility with the "boys."

First, Triple H puts over several wrestlers and has even become borderline selfless since marrying Stephanie. Sure, some fans complain that Triple H hardly loses. I would argue that he loses too often. I actually think his winning percentage should be higher. Just think, since marrying into the family, Triple H is 0-4 in Wrestlemania world title matches. Three of those loses were to the benefit of the WWE rookie class of 2002 (Batista, John Cena, and Randy Orton). And remember, he not only put those guys over at Wrestlemania, he also gave them important victories at other major events. He also gave a longstanding veteran, Jeff Hardy, a career-defining rub at Armageddon 2007. Triple H also helped to make Edge's return even more dramatic at last year's Survivor Series by taking the fall instead of Vladimir Koslov. Not only that, Triple H has also been the last person eliminated in the past two Royal Rumbles, making the victories for Cena and Orton even more significant.

Therefore Triple H will be able to say, without even batting an eye, that one of the duties of a main eventer is to help build for the future by giving up-and-coming stars the rubs they need. Nobody will be able to go up to Triple H and give The Game the premadonna treatment. If Triple H can put wrestlers over, anybody can.

The second major reason why Triple H will be a credible boss to his workers is that The Game has gone to war on countless occasions for his company. Allow me to elaborate. Triple H on two occasions has suffered massive leg injuries during his matches. His most notable and memorable injury occurred in 2001 during a tag team contest that saw the Cerebral Assassin and Stone Cold Steve Austin take on Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. Triple H, whether heroically or foolishly, finished the match. To us the laymen, it seems foolish to finish a contest with a torn quadriceps muscle. But as a common code among wrestlers, it is noble to finish a match while injured. It took guts on Triple H's part. He withstood unspeakable pain, but out of respect for the business he weathered the storm and earned his stripes. Triple H has also been involved in punishing Hell in a Cell matches, Iron Man Matches, Elimination Chambers, and Gauntlets. Therefore, nothing that Triple H requests his wrestlers to do will be out of bounds. Triple H will not be walking into talent and production meetings as a pencil pusher. He'll be a wrestling legend that got his Ph.D from the wrestling school of hard knocks.

But the third, and most important reason why Triple H will be a credible boss is because his accomplishments weren't ascribed, but achieved. Don't punch your computer monitor. Let me explain. Before marrying Stephanie McMahon, Triple H had already won the WWE Championship from Mankind in 1999. WWE already saw something special in him while Triple H still had Chyna as a manager. After that night, Triple became a permanent main eventer and would have been whether he wed Stephanie or not. But since he married the promoter's daughter, the charge of favoritism has been strong and legitimate. Regardless of whether he has been favored or not, the fact remains that he's an extremely gifted performer. Favoritism would not take away from the fact that he is also very charismatic. Another noteworthy point to consider about his presence as a main eventer…

Triple H did not join WWE as a top guy. He came to WWE with a, quite frankly, stupid gimmick. He forged a ridiculous accent and his voice would remain awkward and somewhat high until 1998. He sported some truly ugly attire as the Connecticut Blueblood and was only a slightly above average worker. But Triple H gained an edge to him. He eventually grew into his role as a part of DX. His voice became deeper, and his accent disappeared. His matches were more crisp and intense. He even bulked up, and though getting bigger now connotates steroid use, there's no denying that his push was heightened when he developed a new look. He made all the necessary improvements to become a main event player, and nobody gave him a free pass to superstardom.

That is very different than Shane and Stephanie McMahon's experiences. Sure they went to college and got degrees. But even without higher education, they were going to inherit their father's company. And even if they were to perform poorly as WWE executives, they would still inherit the WWE. World Wrestling Entertainment is a part of the McMahon monarchy. It was going to go to Steph and Shane all along; they will someday own wrestling's largest company whether they are spoiled brats or not. So when you've got the McMahon kids of privilege barking orders at besieged and pressured professional wrestlers, resentment is inevitable. How on earth could the young McMahons relate to the wrestlers? They have never lived a year in the life of a wrestler with all the insecurities that come with the job. They have generally worked on the white collar side of the business. Triple H, on the other hand, knows what it is to struggle. He knows what it's like to start from the bottom and work his way up. He could be a mentor to many wrestlers. Because of his unique journey and the battle scars he bears, what Triple H says will mean the world to the next generation of WWE Superstars.

Finally, Triple H has made more money for WWE than all of the other McMahons not named Vince put together. Sure, Shane makes WWE some money in Global Media. And yes, Stephanie's ideas might be good for business. But it's Triple H and his peers that sweat, bleed, tear, and sell tickets. Linda, Shane, and Stephanie have not gone through what Triple H has withstood. And that is why when the cards are down and Vince McMahon is no longer a part of WWE, Triple H will come closest to enjoying the respect that Vince McMahon has earned. Out of the whole McMahon clan, including the extended family, Triple H is the second hardest working guy in WWE. He was a key member and top heel of the Attitude Era. He played in a major role in keeping WWE's doors open and shutting down WCW. Triple H has given his whole self to WWE just like Vince McMahon. They didn't get to enjoy the ride like Linda, Shane, and Stephanie.

For all the above reasons, Triple H will be the second most credible boss in WWE history following Vince McMahon.

Triple H is already in the top 5 of power within the WWE aside from the McMahon 4. I would bet that if he divorced Steph he would be shunned from the WWE for a long time. I believe he is higher than Steph and Linda. HHH and Shane are about equal, only shanes pretty boy ass only needs to come back when they need ratings. and then you have Grandpa Vince on top of the WWE Mountain. I will also predict a HHH vs Shane fued in 10 years over ownership of the company when Grandpa Vince retires...

I completely agree.... Triple H would be a great boss for every reason listed above and many more , along with Cena this is the guy who has merged his life completely with the WWE, i mean there isn t anything triple H would not do for this company, besides hes already got got a name that makes himself worthy of running the company

I think what will really determine his credibility as boss of the company comes down his ability to make stars and to book them properly.

He himself knows the business well, he's a 15 year veteran. Even if he's not loved by all fans, he's definately respected for carrying the WWE for 7 or so years. Sure he doesn't always help guys as much as he should, but when he sees real potential, he'll put a kid over. (Orton, Cena, Batista) He definately knows what he's doing.

But he's never had major booking power outside of matches he's involved in. If the company got into trouble, could Hunter be as calm and collected as Vince? Could he pull out a Steve Austin and use him correctly? I know Vince has probably been showing him these kinds of things, but I think this is more a case of you're either great at it or you're horrible at it. I guess we'll have to see when he becomes the man.

I think Triple H would make a great boss when his wrestling days are done. Not only will he gave walked the walk and talked the talk, he also has so much experience in the overall business atmosphere. That wouldn't be a better choice aside form Steph and Shane. He could almost double as an agent for the younger wrestlers as well. Plus, he's got credibility as a performer, another plus for him. I'm just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back