Triple H vs Kevin Nash - Where Is It Going?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Last night we saw Nash return and demolish Triple H again. I think we will obviously see them both in a 5 on 5 match at Survivor Series but I really hope this angle has legs until Wrestlemania.

I would love to see Nash and Triple H finally end their feud at Wrestlemania 28. This would be a strong 'mid match' for the event which I think will be one of the greatest ever.

Maybe they could throw in a special guest referee to add to the match. Who better than Shawn Michaels? It would make for an interesting storyline as to 'which side will Shawn choose'.

I have been thinking bout this for a while, even before Nash came back tonight. The easy way to run this feud would bring HBK back and be a "Who will he choose" storyline.

The problem is the only way that is legit interesting is if HBK picks Nash. HBK didn't want to run Heel from memory and I am pretty sure he is happy to be away from the spotlight. I am not sure that this will end up being the way.

I am sure it will blow off at SS in a 5 on 5 match somehow. It might even be the reveal of what this whole thing is about.. whether that means someone like Punk turns out to be in on it, or even the long rumored heel turn by Cena who knows.

I think it will be something simple like Vince paid him off to take HHH out. That will be disappointing.

I agree I hope hhh vs nash can happen at wrestlemania. I was suprised at how in shape nash looks now. I dont think the hhh cm punk tag team concept worked at all i think it buried punk.

I'd love to see a match at Mania, sadly I think that's too far away. I just can't see what WWE will do with them for 5 months.

A 5 on 5 tag match is very likely at SS. Also involving Truth and Miz. Which means their one on one match will probably be at TLC.

Nash can run the "injured angle" for a while... Trips loses it with the Sledgehammer... then he can return at The Rumble and take Trips out... then a couple of PPV tag matches and bam.. it's WM!

I'd expect to see both men compete at Wrestlemania 28 but in different matches. It would be good though if the feud was able to run untill Mania because besides a match against Nash all I can see (and want too watch) is:

THE UNDERTAKER v. TRIPLE H REMATCH!
but if the Nash feud was to continue I would want it to be a tag team match - Kevin Nash and The Big Show vs. D - Generation X. Now this could be unrealistic because Shawn Michaels seems uninterested in a return to the ring but it would be good to see imo - also Nash and Big Show would become an a established before hand with a possible run with the tag team championships.

Nash could appear on TV in the run up to SS. Take a blow from the sledgehammer at the end of the match and leave for a few weeks. Cost Triple H the title at TLC, powerbomb him through a table, cost him the Rumble and then we get told its all Vince behind it from the start. They get a match at WM, have it be the Street Fight on the card.

New World Order vs. D-Generation X. It’s the only way to go. It’s the only explanation left to use. It’s the Greatest feud / rivalry never to take place on Television. I’m not saying have Nash captain a team of Hall, Hogan and Big Show vs. HHH leading HBK, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and have Pac be the Special Guest referee, but I’m saying the WWE owns the names anyway. Use them and sell some t-shirts!! Have this generation’s Superstars join the War.

Nash, Miz, R-Truth, John Morrison and a mystery partner (a returning disgruntled Rey Mysterio who feels he was screwed by Triple H and John Cena out of the WWE Title) vs. Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk and the Rock. Oh, just take it into consideration.

Where do I see this going? I see the ratings going down.

I love Triple H, he is talented and exciting in the ring. HHH is not the problem..it's Nash. Maybe he was great back in the day, but when he "returned" and has his little bitty storyline with CM Punk, I was instantly bored. I'm pretty sure CM Punk carried Nash, as Nash sucked terribly on the mic.

Now on to the real question asked..I see this as a "fued" that will last not even two ppv's. I don't know about you, but I really don't want to see these two go at it all the way to Wrestlemania. Most people were complaining about always seeing Randy Orton and Christian go at it for a couple of months, but they will be very pissed to see Triple H and the excitement sucker Kevin Nash go at it for 5 months, but that's just my opinion.

The last time these two feuded it was pretty bad and led to some crappy matches up there with triple H and Scott Steiner...I see the same thing happening again...triple h and Nash just do not match up well together IMO... As for it lasting till mania, I don't see it because hardly anything lasts that long these days.

Nash really looked to be in great shape last night. He looked ripped and better than he has in years. In addition he wasn't limping at all.

A match at Mania would be good, but its far away. Maybe the Rumble.

I would like to see McMahon come back and create a NWO like-group with Nash against Triple H, Shawn Michaels. Have him throw Nash out eventually and he can join his clique against this group. I'd personally like to see a stable of old guys form the 'old order' of wrestling. Michaels, Nash, Trips headed by Vince and maybe managed by the one and only Scott Hall. Have them battle WWE COO John Lauranitis and try and take out WWE superstars, book themselves in big matches, hog tv spotlight, and have the younger guys fight with them for power and airtime. Stone Cold could come back and combat Vince all over again and The Rock could come back to help Cena and company. Sure, you might temporarily lose the under 20 fan base but you'd probably gain back a lot of the over 20 fanbase that quit watching like me years ago. What better way to get the new old fans back: have the old guys go at it with the young guys and have the old fans go at it with the younger ones. Only then can both old and young fans gain a little exposure to and respect for who they would otherwise not like.

And I just read a post that said Nash sucks the entertainment out of WWE. Ha! I haven't been able to watch WWE regularly for 8 years and Nash coming back at Summer Slam, coupled with the CM Punk angle, is the one thing that got me back watching. The angle with the disgruntled workers made me stop watching for a few weeks. The flip flopping on storylines, the John Lauranitis focus, Vince appearing for little to no reason, John Cena winning the title every PPV, CM Punk always doing a 15 minute rant on the mic, The Miz running around like a jackass, Sheamus turning face/heel with little explanation all takes the entertainment value out of the product. WWE has very few big name wrestlers. Sure Orton or Christian or Miz are big to the same 2.9 percent that tune in every week. But Three Count, The Wall, Mike Awesome, Norman Smiley and Tank Abbot were drawing 3.4s 10 years ago for WCW and WWE right now is not far off that today with their so called star power. A guy like Nash might be old, wrestle like shit, and be rusty on the mic. But the guy was world champ for a year and wrestled real big name guys. The guy formed the best faction in wrestling, he's been there for some of the best moments in wrestling entertainment history. I'd take Nash at 52 before i'd ever take all the carbon copy ass monkeys like the Miz all trying but failing to be the next Chris Jericho. Save the wrestling for the young guys who still don't have 'it' and bring in guys like Nash or Jericho who actually have 'it' and let them entertain.

Its dead in the water

Is this the feud they started back in whenever when Kevin Nash stepped over the ropes into the ring, and was injured immediately?

It wasn't going to be good then, and its bound to be even worse now, Nash can barely walk to the ring, let alone work a match or program with anyone in the WWE. The first encounter between Nash and Triple H will be like Triple H vs Taker at WM27 rest holds and big spots to fill the time span to make up for Nash inability to perform in the ring.

For the record, Nash has never at any point in his career been a good wrestler, ever.

Yeah this is exactly what we need with 2011 coming to a close. The clique feuding with each other again and taking up all the top spots.

Sorry, I didn't realize we'd gone back to 1995.

Nash looked in shape. Good for him, he should have looked it when he was first put into this angle. Who knows, maybe his 'feud' with Ricky Morton in AWE did some good after all.

But he did one move (his big move), and it looked like he botched it and hurt HHH in the process. He hasn't been able to put on even a decent match in years. He was horrible on the mic before his 'firing'. He's 52 years old. He has no business being in a top angle in the WWE anymore... yet here he is.

With luck, they'll match up on opposite teams at Survivor Series, Nash will get taken out by Punk, they'll faze him out, and the focus will go back to guys like Punk, where it never should have left.

Since this is all starting to reek of Clique manipulation though, I'm sure we'll have HBK come back to get involved soon... followed by Waltman for some 'awesome' Clique vs Clique tag action going straight through Wrestlemania... with the buyrates and ratings dropping consistently the entire time.

Its dead in the water

Is this the feud they started back in whenever when Kevin Nash stepped over the ropes into the ring, and was injured immediately?

It wasn't going to be good then, and its bound to be even worse now, Nash can barely walk to the ring, let alone work a match or program with anyone in the WWE. The first encounter between Nash and Triple H will be like Triple H vs Taker at WM27 rest holds and big spots to fill the time span to make up for Nash inability to perform in the ring.

For the record, Nash has never at any point in his career been a good wrestler, ever.

Uh, Nash hasn't been injured at all in this entire run in 2011. They claimed publicly there was a health "concern" that forced the change from Nash vs. Punk to HHH vs. Punk, but in reality, Nash signed on to do a role in a movie and couldn't get covered by the insurance company for the movie if he was wrestling AND shooting.

Nash can walk just fine and was puttin' on some pretty good iMPACT matches just last year. People exaggerate the shit out of Nash's health and ability. He's been in top-shape all year, he can work and he'll put on a good match with Punk or Hunter.

Last night we saw Nash return and demolish Triple H again. I think we will obviously see them both in a 5 on 5 match at Survivor Series but I really hope this angle has legs until Wrestlemania.

That is likely where it is headed next. Nash apparently texted himself telling him to get involved again. He can barely do anything in the ring anymore but his name would add some star power to the traditional Survivor Series elimination matches. I don't know how they could possibly keep this angle alive until Wrestlemania though without it becoming too stupid somewhere along the way. It's already in danger of that happening.

I would love to see Nash and Triple H finally end their feud at Wrestlemania 28. This would be a strong 'mid match' for the event which I think will be one of the greatest ever.

Trips would be carrying 95% of the match if they went that route. If you saw any of Nash's work in TNA then you'd know that he can do next to nothing in the ring these days. If he stays involved for the conspiracy angle long enough for it to last until Wrestlemania and then chooses a representative (maybe Miz or Truth?) then I would be a little more interested. There's a lot of time between then and now though and we will just have to see where things go.

Maybe they could throw in a special guest referee to add to the match. Who better than Shawn Michaels? It would make for an interesting storyline as to 'which side will Shawn choose'.

That could be a good route to take. I'm not sure Shawn will come back though, even for a guest ref opportunity. He made it clear he's retired for good. I can see him coming back to do promos for the match a week or two on Raw, if anything. King Patrick also had an interesting idea in his post of turning it into a stable war. I don't know if I'd want to see that, but it's a potential route for them to take. As long as Nash or Vince are not working any matches, I'll be up for just about anything with this angle really.

I just hope that it does not last for months only to lead into a dud of a match at Wrestlemania that did not live up to its expectations. Such as the limo explosion that ultimately led to Hornswoggle being Finlay's son. So this wouldn't be the first time WWE screw up an angle by keeping it alive too long.

Maybe Nash could put Triple H on the shelf for a few months? Triple H returns early 2012 and they lock horns at Wrestlemania? Surely that gives the angle legs.

Meanwhile Laringitis and his cronies assume full power of WWE.

There's talk going around, at least according to PWInsider.com, that WWE is considering an angle where Shawn Michaels returns to the WWE to participate in the Triple H vs. Kevin Nash feud. WWE is supposed to be releasing some more DX merchendise in the near future, so having HBK returning to play some role in this feud is a possibility.

I don't know if Shawn Michaels will be wrestling. WrestleMania XXVIII will make two years since we last saw HBK wrestle and, frankly, I'm surprised that he's actually stuck with it. If he doesn't come back and play a wrestling role in this, I could see him adding some drama to the angle by being forced to choose between two of his best friends. If he does wrestle, maybe they could do something where he gets fed up with both of them and just decides that they both need to be put in their place and the only one to do it is the Showstopper at WrestleMania.

At the very least, I expect to see Trips vs. Nash ultimately culminate at WrestleMania.

During the 5 on 5 match withn Survivior Series I would have Kevin Nash take out Triple H maybe even before the match causing it to be a 5 on 4 match. Then I would have at the Royal Rumble Triple H return there as an entry and have him come back to eliminate Nash from Rumble this leaves to fallout into the Road to Wrestlemania and setup the match of Kevin Nash vs Triple H for Wrestlemania

During the 5 on 5 match withn Survivior Series I would have Kevin Nash take out Triple H maybe even before the match causing it to be a 5 on 4 match. Then I would have at the Royal Rumble Triple H return there as an entry and have him come back to eliminate Nash from Rumble this leaves to fallout into the Road to Wrestlemania and setup the match of Kevin Nash vs Triple H for Wrestlemania

I would have it as a No Holds Barred or Street Fight like I said earlier for sure.

Nash was looking in good shape last night when he came out. And yeah he has never been the best wrestler at any point in time, but what we will likely get between these two anyway will be a fight.

I reckon we will get a Punk/Nash match on a three hour RAW somewhere in the next few weeks.

Uh, Nash hasn't been injured at all in this entire run in 2011. They claimed publicly there was a health "concern" that forced the change from Nash vs. Punk to HHH vs. Punk, but in reality, Nash signed on to do a role in a movie and couldn't get covered by the insurance company for the movie if he was wrestling AND shooting.

Nash can walk just fine and was puttin' on some pretty good iMPACT matches just last year. People exaggerate the shit out of Nash's health and ability. He's been in top-shape all year, he can work and he'll put on a good match with Punk or Hunter.

Has Nash had a real wrestling match this year? He signed on with the WWE for Royal Rumble and played a very minimal part in that match due to there being 39 other people to carry him and make up for his lack of in ring ability.

Good iMPACT matches, really thats your basis? Hogan and Flair are still active wrestlers in TNA, so saying anything coming out of TNA involving Nash is good is completely laughable.

Nash may be in great shape, maybe the best in his life, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he sucks donkey dick in the ring, and always has. I'm aware he was pulled from the feud/match with Punk because of his movie role, but if he would have faced Punk it would have been terrible.

Triple H vs Nash will be a train wreck.
Worse than Sin Cara blue vs Sin Cara black.

Nash looked to be in really good shape last night -- I don't remember him looking that jacked even when he was in WCW. Still, I don't care about this feud at all. Part of me actually wishes HHH and Nash would go off on a one-on-one feud without anyone else involved so I could just channel flip when they do their thing. It just isn't interesting to me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they botched this whole angle. I know that's become a cliche, but it's true. They've been asking the same questions for three months now. Nash is an outsider, he's hired, he's fired, "how'd he get in the building?!" I just don't care. None of it flows naturally. The whole thing with HHH and Punk being buddy-buddy now, Miz and Truth being on the periphery, Johnny Ace and his stupid cell phone... ugh, it's not fun.

I like the Royal Rumble street fight idea. Nash had his "debut" at the Royal Rumble, and his time in WWE would come full circle that way. Also, it has to be an "unsanctioned" street fight, that would definitely play into the WWE power struggle angle (Laringitis won't make the match happen in the ring, wont sanction it, HHH makes the match anyway, but out of the ring, crowd goes wild).

The problem is that this Nash storyline has gone south from the second time Nash beat down Punk. Punk was the glue that held this storyline together and now that he's been removed from it pretty much completely, its HHH v. Nash in an angle that doesn't benefit anyone other than themselves.

Where this could go... is to turn HHH heel and Laringitis face. HHH can come out and say that he used his influence with Stephanie to get Vince kicked out, he tried to set up Laringitis to be the fall guy, he made sure Punk didn't succeed, and now he wants to bring back his buddies. He can even say something like "hell, I'll even bring Scott Hall's drunk ass" to get cheap heat. Laringitis has denied responsibility all along so its not too far out of line with the current story, and it should set up a grudge match at WrestleMania between HHH & Punk.

I don't know if Nash vs Triple H can go all the way to Wrestlemania. I see it climaxing at TLC or maybe the Royal Rumble. After that, they'll go their separate ways. Punk vs Nash and Triple H vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Maybe.

Regardless, I don't think this has enough longevity, at least not at this rate. IF Nash came back full time instead of this random part-time bullcrap, than I maybe wrong. People are going to loose interest REALLY fast if Nash keeps popping up randomly at PPV's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back