• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trevor Murdoch Released

Now he's split up with Cade he's basically useless. He'll now be destined for a load of comedy sketches that include him singing. I can't imagine anything good to come out of this, he'll be used as an "enhancement talent" he'll pick up a few wins, but basically I expect him to be in exactly the same position as he is on RAW now.

Murdoch is going down fast. While I think this move will be better for him than being on Raw, I don't see much coming out of it. He might get some kind of mini-push when he first gets there, but he'll be jobbing within months.

Thing is, I can see Murdoch and Jimmy Wang Yang forming a tag team, It'll go something to do with Murdoch not accepting Jimmy is a redneck, and eventually this progresses to tag team gold.

So crazy, it'll probably happen

Alright. Friday Night Karaoke with your host Trevor Murdoch. I don't see much coming out of this move at all. He will be put in a jobber's role more than likely. Jobbing to the likes of Umaga and The Great Kahli. It's always good to have a jobber but I think that trevors a good talent. Ah, oh well. Comedy vignettes here we come.

Finally one of my draft predictions came true. I see Murdoch forming a ‘rednecks’ tag team with Jimmy Wang Yang once he returns from his suspension. Smackdown needs tag teams as they only have Hawkins/Ryder and Jesse/Festus at the moment. Murdoch and Yang won’t go anywhere as singles competitors, but together I think they could give us some good tag matches and comic relief. I wonder what song he'll belt out on his Smackdown debut.

Trevor Murdoch will be gone from the W.W.E. within the year, thats almost apparent unless Cade's single's push bombs and they need to retie them back together.

I can see them holding onto Murdoch for as long as Cade doesn't look to be keeping his "head above water" in Single's action.. but Murdoch's only hope it seems is the failure or success of Lance Cade on Raw.

Murdoch won't have anything to do on Smackdown, except sing randomly in place of Jillian on Raw.

Murdoch will probably be wished well in his future endeavors by the WWE pretty soon. If he does stay around then he will probably become SmackDown's Val Venis (the guy you never see yet wwe.com swears he's still around).

I don't expect much out of this move. He had one feud to work with on Raw, and that one ended with a whimper, as no one cared at all. The best I could see him doing here is being a random comedy character, popping up once in awhile to sing a dumb song and then lose a match or beat a jobber. He has almost no future, as this sort of gimmick has truly worked only once with the Honky Tonk Man. This is just going to prolong his complete repackaging or release. Really just a pick to say there was another change.

I can honestly say I never see the guy winning a match again. And, now that Sunday Night Heat's gone, it's inevitable that WWE will "wish him the best in his future endeavours" by Survivor Series in my opinion. I always thought he was holding Cade back, and hopefully, with Murdoch gone now, Cade can become the next Edge like I wanted him to when he debuted.

From wwe.com:

We have come to terms on the release of Trevor Murdoch as of today, July 03, 2008. We wish Trevor the best in all future endeavors.

Either he's pissed about going to Smackdown, or if they were going to release him anyway why bother drafting him to Smackdown, hmm hope to hear some stuff on wrestlezone about this.

It seems that already WWE wish Trevor the best in future endeavours, a shame I think he was a second generation superstar too... He will be good on the indy scene, dont think he will ever make it to TNA.... Smackdown has probably gained from his loss...he had a good run in WWE for a while but Cade will go much further than he ever would... I worry DH Smith will go the same way.

I think it's a bit strange of them to have released him already. Don't get me wrong, I thought this is where I could see his career heading since they split Cade and Murdoch up, but it seems very strange that they gave him the singer gimmick and the draft move recently if they were going to release him within a month or two of the team splitting up. Now that Heat's gone and considering ECW didn't take many of these lower card people in the draft, I can see this as the first of a large cull ofthe lower card. Fingers crossed Snitsky is the next to go.

It's a shame that they released Trevor Murdoch. He was a talented guy. I'm sure they could've found something for him to do. But I guess this is what they had planned for him all along. Seeing as he just gets drafted and then gets released. They probably should've sent him to ECW where they could've utilized his talent better. Ahh, oh well. There are plenty of other guys to take his place.

Hardly a huge deal at all. He was just taking up a roster spot and a paycheck for doing next to nothing. He would've been a jobber on SD at his absolute best, so why bother keeping him on the payroll? All it does is clear the way for a new talent to potentially let them get over a bit, maybe someone like Atlas whatever on ECW or Evan Bourne. Let them get over and do something, rather than being a Jeff Jarrett wannabe. Overall, probably a smart move by WWE.

I don't really see him as an asset to TNA. He was, based only on what i saw from WWE that is, average at best. His highlight was a fairly bad Canadian Destroyer, and that was innovated by a guy already in TNA. He may have been the star of that team, but that's not saying much. Cade and Murdoch were overrated as a team altogether, mainly due to the total lack of talent everywhere else in that division during their reigns. For TNA to sign him would do nothing but continue the talk of WWE rejects to TNA, and it wouldn't really give them any benefit.

So WWE decided to waste a draft pick for Smackdown by releasing Trevor in just a week since the supplemental draft. I wish Trevor the best of luck in whatever he does from this point forward, but like most have already stated he is not much of a loss anyways. When Cade and him split you knew he was a short leash and well that leash is no more. Though I thought when he was drafted to Smackdown he was going to play the Jillian role, but even I didnt want to see that. Smackdown already has one former tag team jobber in Domino so what the point in having two in Murdoch? Who knows they could have teamed Domino and Murdoch...I mean not like WWE cares about its tag division. One more thing he will not go to TNA as I don't Murdoch being some singles star not on TNA and of course in WWE.

Dammit, there goes my dream-team of Jillian and Murdoch XD

Like others have said, it's not a big loss for WWE at all. As talented as Murdoch is, I always thought he was holding Cade back. It's a good thing he was released. I'm pretty sure his future on Smackdown would be jobbing to just about everyone. I guess he would have been the male version of Jillian.

They should have moved him to ECW instead. Their roster is rather small. He could play an active role on the mid-card etc.

I think his size may have been a contributing factor in holding him back, but who really knows. He was rather agile. He was an especially ugly bastard which depending on who you talk to, can be marketed, but it looks like the WWE doesn't want to try..?

I really liked this guy and thought he'd have some sort of run, somewhere, at some time. It's my belief that they didn't go far enough with his singing gimmick. When he went over to Smackdown they needed to find him a band and have him go all out with some preformances, possibly in vignette format, like some kind of bad country music video.
I can't help but wonder what could have been done.. such a waste.

That's a shame. He was just getting off to a new start with that singing gimmick. I think that a country tag team could've worked for him, teaming him with Yang. I would've liked to see WWE's version of the West Texas Rednecks. Shame on you if you don't know who they are.

Ah well. With Heat and Velocity gone, and with Triple H and Edge most assuredly dominating most of the show, his role pretty much would've been that of a jobber anyways. Better he get released than having to job week after week.

Not exactly sure why they decided to draft him if he was in such murky waters already, instead of just keep him and see what they can do. And I'm not really sure why they decided to release him when he probably would've been used as a face jobber (though they do have enough with Super Crazy, Funaki, Nunzio, Noble, Richards, Dreamer, Delaney).

Still, good riddance. He was an annoyance that was holding Cade back. No special moveset, no real charisma, wasn't over, etc etc etc. I doubt many people will lose sleep over this guy.

What a shame. I really thought the guy was talented. The whole country singer storyline might have worked if it had been introduced in a clever way, but that's water under the bridge.

Granted, the guy was not much to look at, but his in-ring skills were acceptable, he was actually pretty good on the mic the few times they gave him a chance, and when they asked him to lose weight, he did it (which is more than I can say for a lot of 'Superstars').

If more fans appreciated old-school wrestling, I bet they could have made more out of the fact that he really is the spitting image of Dick Murdoch. Maybe they could have had him get hit in the head real hard and wake up believing he really was Dick. He could have had a running storyline involving a bunch of the WWE legends.

Well, I wish him the best. I guess it's either TNA or a new career for him. As much as I liked him, I can't picture him making a boatload on the independent circuit or Japan.

I'm sure the company will give us the same old "Creative didn't have anything for him" bullshit that they've done for years. Personally, I believe he's more talented than Cade with an even better uniqueness to his character. I was actually looking forward to him getting a better opportunity on Smackdown with Hayes as one of the creative heads there who actually understands how to build characters. Once again, the WWE wastes a great talent.

Yeah, what a shame.

Now I wont get to see some horribly ugly bastard job week in and week out after singing a song. The guy didn't have a single thing going for him and neither did the Cade & Murdoch tag team. They had no personality and the only tag team they ever beat was like Cryme Tyme. Lance Cade will never amount to anything, WWE will try to push him, and nobody will care.. people will boo because they don't like him and WWE will think "Success!" they'll slap a IC title or some BS on him for awhile and you'll watch him have uninspired matches against talent even worse then him. Which in case you haven't noticed is what they do with practically everyone who enters the company. Anyway, I can't believe some of you are dissapointed he got released. If you're going to watch a squash match atleast let it be with local talent who aren't so ugly. Not to mention they aren't fat and are generally very small in comparision so they get tossed around nicely. Idk how you could praise the guy for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back