'Travellers' finally evicted

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
Bailiffs are making final preparations before they begin clearing the Dale Farm travellers' site in Essex.

As many as 400 people have been living on the 51 unauthorised caravan plots - but officials said 12 families had already left the site at Crays Hill.
Those remaining have built reinforcements at the six-acre site.

Police have been drafted in from several forces ready for the eviction at the UK's largest unauthorised travellers' site.

It is understood bailiffs do not intend to take any action before 10:00 BST and are said to be trying to contact representatives of the travellers before beginning their operation.

Throughout Sunday, supporters and travellers made last-minute preparations, strengthening barricades and building a wall to block the bailiffs' entry.

Resident Kathleen McCarthy, a spokesman for the community who has lived on the site for 10 years, said: "We are living on a hope that they will realise we are not animals - we are humans."

It was no longer about greenbelt land but hatred and prejudice, she said.
So, today this eviction will finally start, yet there are people insisting they 'would lock themselves to their properties for "as long as it takes".' for the council to get rid of them. They also have a large support group, for some reason. If I were to build an extension to my home for someone to live in, without planning permission, the council would rip it down. No one would fight for me, because I'm just a regular person.

But because these people are 'travellers' - and I use the term with quotation marks because, clearly, they do no want to travel anywhere - they have support. They bring out the 'oh this is just hate and discrimination!!' bullshit. They're the one who broke the law, regardless of who they are and they live by the same laws as everyone else. It WOULD be discrimination if they were allowed to keep this when a non-traveller would have their building knocked down. The biggest travesty here is that this has taken 10 years and millions of pounds to sort out.

So, do you guys think this is fair, or prejudiced? Should they be allowed to keep those buldings with no planning permission? Or is the council right in finally knocking down those buildings which are illegally there?

It's a difficult subject this one, I'm kind of torn because I can see both sides of the argument and both sides have legitimate points that they see as making them right.

At the end of the day I see no point in these economic times to waste £18 million of taxpayers money to remove these families when they could buy the guy whose property backs on to the park a mansion and give him £1 million and save £16 million!

One thing we are good at in this country is pissing money down the drain fruitlessly, we waste billions of pounds on using our military to control the drugs trade and aiding the United States in it's obsession with oil! So what the hell let's waste another £18 million kicking some families out of their home, it's not like we could use the money better elsewhere is it?

theyaint been evicted :( but by tueday goodbye and hello builders too build for the consul whats the point in eviction just 2 build the same over ??

Humanitarian arguments aside here, these guys aren't travellers, ten years in one spot makes them settlers, and like the rest of us, someone who wishes to settle in an area should be paying council tax and observing local planning laws.

That's my opinion.

Of course they should be evicted. How is it fair that they have settled in an area, lived there for years and not paid a fucking penny in council tax, while the rest of us have to do so? What gives them the right to a free pass? They should either pay like the rest of the country, or fuck off.

It pisses me off intensely that these people think they are something special, and have some kind of god given right to do whatever the hell they want, and be exempt from the rules of the nation. You live in a place, you pay the taxes, simple as.

I know plenty of people who have wanted to build a slight extension to their house, and not been allowed to, because the government refuse planning permission. My family struggled for a while to get permission for our extension, and eventually it was granted, but plenty of others dont. And this is for something as small as a little bit extra over the attached garage, to make a bedroom a bit smaller.

These people have build a fucking massive site for their caravans, mobile homes and god knows what else, probably stealing water and satellite tv, don't work a day in their lives and expect to be given preferential treatment because they claim to be travellers? Just fucking scroungers in my eyes, and the quicker they are kicked off the site the better.

Get a job, pay the taxes, get planning permisson, and then they have a say in the matter. The amount of times travellers have set up shop near where I live, and left the place an absolute dump when they go, litter everywhere, empty bottles, broken furnitute etc, I cannot stand them.

This shouldn't have ever been to court. The government should have just put their foot down, and enforced the LAW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back