Tournament Rules/Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is the intro to the tournament for everyone that might be wondering about it.

Basic Rules
To begin with, this isn't the bar room or the spam zone, so don't spam in here.

We know there's a lot of movies not in here. We dropped the ones we had to drop to keep this from running into Wrestlemania season.

The cutoff was 2007. Meaning no films from this year, so sorry, no Dark Knight.

Please don't bitch about our choices. We worked for months on this, and it is what it is.

Voting
All of the matchups have been listed in the other tournament thread. The first round begins on Monday at 1pm EST.

There will be one day for discussion/persuasion, followed by the polls being opened for 72 hours, meaning the first matches will end thursday.

There will be 4 matchups a day per decade (70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s) for four days, which if our math is correct means that the first round will wrap up next monday, most votes win.

Any questions, PM me.

Above all else, have fun. This is about entertainment and film. If you haven't seen a movie in here and it sounds good, go rent it. We picked the movies we picked because of what they mean as works of art and entertainment. From laughs to love, from screams to tears, there's a bit of everything in here, so have fun.

I don't think it should be allowed for any user to red rep any other voter during the movie tournament over their choice in films. This will only scare people off from taking part in the tournament, or the tournament could become flawed. If you are upset with another users opinion you should respond and debate their choice, not red rep them. There is a reason why there are two choices in the movie tournament. As long as you don't spam your opinion should matter, and all users should respect that.

That's a fair point. The only problem is, there's no real way to punish someone for red repping you, unless the comment contains offensive material. Also, it's just red rep, it's not a big deal. If Becca red repped me for thrashing 300, I would laugh, roll my eyes, and then ask IC for some more of his Admin green rep.

I was wondering about TDK, but the cutoff makes perfect sense. Since 2008 isn't over yet, it wouldn't be fair to include ONE movie out of some potentially great ones that'll be coming out soon (I.E. The Wrestler). But if there had to be one, we all know TDK would probably be it.

Is there a link to the full tourney bracket? I've been away for a while and I'd like to know who's in and who's not.

That was another reason as to why we cut it off at 2007. Also, those films have now had a bit of a chance to sink in. TDK right now is still fresh in people's mind and therefore is seen as awesome still. After a year or so, people's opinions of it will die down, just like with other blockbusters.

As for the brackets, with the first round wrapping up tomorrow, I'll be posting the results and the second round matchups.

That was another reason as to why we cut it off at 2007. Also, those films have now had a bit of a chance to sink in. TDK right now is still fresh in people's mind and therefore is seen as awesome still. After a year or so, people's opinions of it will die down, just like with other blockbusters.

Yeah, definitely. TDK was the apex of hype, and I have no idea how it happened. Whether is was Heath's death or word just got out about it, it just drew and drew and drew. The damn movie's still in theaters, PLUS it's getting a rerelease in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back