Total Divas Debut LD

Well I'm sold... I actually can't wait for next Sunday, more than from tonight's Raw. So if anyone is in doubt of watching it or not, watch it. It's actually a very good show and also it has Eva Marie's awesome cleavage and attitude - that girl is gold.

Anyone else get flashbacks to that moment in Jim Cornette's shoot interview where he was telling the story of how they made one of the Basham's shave his head without telling Cornette and his response was "These supposed fucking creative genius' couldn't just pretend?"

I didn't watch this and nothing on this planet or any other is going to convince me to watch this, but I do have one minor observation.

During the LD everyone seemed to be acting surprised that nobody was being presented as being a likable character. Hasn't that pretty much been standard practice for reality television since around Big Brother 4? Reality TV stars are, generally, not intended to be likable - they are intended to be either scum or freaks to be ogled and talked about by the TV consuming public.

And just to add a little conflict to the mix - anyone who tunes in to watch this show next week is not doing so "ironically" - they are doing so because they legitimately enjoy the show, no matter how they try and dress it up.

In all seriousness she has grown up around the business her entire life, & has been wrestling all over the world for 13 yrs. She probably has more knowledge & experience than most guys in the business at the same age.

Yeah she has but it amuses me that she's as young as she is and she's this veteran. it says a lot about the division as a whole.

I didn't watch this and nothing on this planet or any other is going to convince me to watch this, but I do have one minor observation.

During the LD everyone seemed to be acting surprised that nobody was being presented as being a likable character. Hasn't that pretty much been standard practice for reality television since around Big Brother 4. Reality TV stars are, generally, not intended to be likable - they are intended to be either scum or freaks to be ogled and talked about by the TV consuming public.

And just to add a little conflict to the mix - anyone who tunes in to watch this show next week is not doing so "ironically" - they are doing so because they legitimately enjoy the show, no matter how they try and dress it up.

I'll be watching it and I enjoyed it immensely. It just wasn't due to the reasons WWE was shooting for.

During the LD everyone seemed to be acting surprised that nobody was being presented as being a likable character. Hasn't that pretty much been standard practice for reality television since around Big Brother 4? Reality TV stars are, generally, not intended to be likable - they are intended to be either scum or freaks to be ogled and talked about by the TV consuming public.

Oh no, I totally understand they're supposed to be reviled. Two problems;

1. I'm positively convinced the WWE believes that these characters come off as likeable.

2. The Funkadactyls are supposed to be faces on Raw, and come off as absolute ***** here

I think WWE may be trying to portray some of the divas as likeable, but there's absolutely no way they are trying to make the Bella's likeable in any way, shape, or form.

5 minutes before it started I broke down and DVR'd this. No reality show is worth live time. I'll watch it eventually out of sheer curiosity.

Nikki Bella, Eva Marie and Cameron all came off as absolute ***** on this show.

That Vincent guy too.

It was pretty obvious the Bellas were going to be bitches the whole time just from that little clip they showed during Raw.

The whole show, like all reality television, is simply a vehicle to show how much morons are a sucker for drama. While I honestly believe some of what Maria was saying in the past, I have a hard time believing that Nikki Bella, if the cameras weren't rolling, would be stupid enough to ask John Cena about marriage the night before WM. Even the biggest bitch in the world knows how to protect her own interests. Just a show creating drama for the sake of it. "Of course John Cena wants to get married right now. I mean his divorce isn't even done from his, ya know, long time high school sweetheart." Yeah...

The only possible saving grace for something like this is the hope that kb is right and it's so bad it's good.

You think it will go up? Eh, doesn't seem like it. I guess we'll find out.

I think from what I've seen a lot of people gave it a good review and others seem to have seen that and have decided to check it out. I know I'm only talking about 300,000 viewers more but that I think would be good for the show and good margin of increase. I say the replay on USA draws about a 600,000 (I'll be one) and of that half decide to watch. I'm not quite sure how the numerical rating works but based upon number of viewers I see a +300,000 for next week just based on word of mouth. Heck it got KB's approval and I'm sure that will add about 10,000 more viewers alone.

Wait, there are people that watched this and couldn't tell the Bellas were playing heels? Nevermind, that is the whole reason I am in favor of reality shows to build characters.

I'll be surprised if the rating doesn't go down next week.

Wait, there are people that watched this and couldn't tell the Bellas were playing heels? Nevermind, that is the whole reason I am in favor of reality shows to build characters.

I'll be surprised if the rating doesn't go down next week.

Have you seen them to try and be heels?

This was literally the most convincing thing I've ever seen them do. They are not, I repeat, not that good.

This show is surprisingly entertaining. Nikki Bella, Cameron and Eva Marie are all annoying but the rest of the show is watchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back