Top 5 Submission Holds

5. Rear Naked Choke - Simple and effective. Once you lock it on and you have your legs wrapped around your opponent, it's night-night time.

4. Armbar - If it was applied properly in WWE people would tap out the SECOND it was applied or they would have their shoulder or elbow removed from the socket or their arm snapped clean.

3. Gogoplata - Undertaker calls this the Hell's Gate and he executes it rather well...on WWE Superstars, lol. He couldn't do it the way he does in the octagon but I'm just going to walk away from that...lol It's a variation of a Triangle where the opponent's throat is forced down onto your shin bone and it will make them tap out pretty fast.

2. Guillotine - Great move that can go from MMA to WWE easily. You can choke someone and hurt their neck with this move. If you have them in a standing guillotine (front head lock in wrestling) you can jerk them around and do more damage in WWE or you could drop down into a DDT.

1. Ankle Lock - It's versatility is what lands it in the top spot. That and the fact that if you break a guy's ankle, it's going to take him awhile to come back to fight again. There's a heel hook variation, there's a grapevine variation where you wrap your legs around the opponent's leg and you crank the ankle lock which is my favorite because once the body weight is on that leg, you're not going anywhere and it's TAP OR SNAP!

5.Ankle Lock - The way Kurt Angle twists the ankle of his opponent looks so vicous and painful

4.Sharpshoter - When done correctly the lower back looks like it is about to snap instantly.

3.Full Nelson - The way the neck is bent forward cuts off the flow of oxygen to the neck and looks deadly when applied by a huge guy like Chris Masters

2. Hell's Gate - When The Undertaker first started using this move and blood would start to spill from his opponents mouth it added more to the visual of how sick that move is but even without the internal bleeding it's still disgusting.

1. Lion Tamer - I noticed that Jericho only does this move when he know's his opponent is about to tap because you can't even lessen the force applied to the upper back and neck without it still being extremely painful.

Apart from a couple of posters I'm seeing the same old submission holds put in different orders. A couple of the 5 that I have may require a trip to youtube or some other video site if you've never seen 'em.

1. Dragon Clutch: basically a Dragon Sleeper out of a Camel Clutch position. Very nasty.

2. Full Nelson Camel Clutch: On WWF No Mercy for N64, this was called the Ne-Han. However there's a female wrestler that uses the move. It's pretty nasty to have it locked in on you trust me.

3. Scorpion Arm Lock: Sort of tough to execute but the move (coming out of Japan) is rather innovative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFDpMkWCkQ

4. Paradise Lock: I don't know how to describe this one. maybe a video can do it for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLgvJtpvak

5.Camel Clutch: I'm talking Iron Sheik, not Big Show, certainly not Scott Steiner. Breaking the title reign of Bob Backlund and nearly breaking his neck too.

Honorable Mention: Crossface Chickenwing (Backlund), Texas Cloverleaf (Malenko), Dragon Sleeper (Various wrestlers), Accordion Rack (Amazing[awesome] Kong)

5: Tazzmission, it always looked like the end of the match, especially in ECW.
4:Anaconda Vice, I first saw in on punks first ECW match (i had only seen a few punk matches beforehand), and i absolutely loved it.
3: Armbar, Its just a submission that you know can legit hurt someone and i kinda like that
2: Crippler Crossface: always a huge benoit fan (i dont believe he did it, just saying) and i loved this move
1: Ankle lock loved the ken shamrock and the angle versions, and whenever i muck around with a friend, its sure to make an appearance.

Honourable Mention: Figure Four and the Sharpshooter

Ok in my opinion.
1) I loved Jericho's Lion Tamer the one he has with the knee on his neck
2) I loved Bret Hart's Sharopshooter.
3) The Million Dollar Dream i really loved that
4) The cradle mutiliation is awesome, looks so unique
5) The ankle lock was awesome, i loved how most wrestlers tapped out to it.

5) Camel Clutch - Break his back, Make him humble, you know the rest.

4) Tarantula - Tajiri's boston crab on the ropes(not sure if he created it.), nonetheless it looks like it hurts.

3) Straightjacket - aka japanese strangehold

2) Bear Hug - Doesnt look like it hurts but give it a try.

1) Sharpshooter(Brets Version) - The Sharpshooter only Bret can pull off that nobody else can.

You guys made some good list, but how come no one said the Torture Rack? I had kids afraid of me after putting them down. How do you get out of that move?

5. STF(Regal Stretch)-I'm talking Steve Regal, Blue Blood STF. Not that Cena monstrosity.

4. Torture Rack-Luger screaming while performing the move intensified the pain of the man he was giving it to.

3. Figure Four-Could break either leg depending on which one you decide to focus on.

2. Chicken Wing-Backlund putting this move on Bret almost made me hate him. Tried it on my little brother, and he hated me too. LOL

1. Sharp Shooter-Come on, its in my name! Excellently executed.

5) Romero Special- You see this move a lot in Lucha and in Japanese matches, I always thought it looked cool, your opponent is suspended in the air as you are pulling them a part. Here is a clip of Natalya performing it to Mickie James http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fB4Os4E47M

4)Muta Lock- The Great Muta would perform a reverse Indian deathlock combined with a facelock. It looked really neat when he did it. Other people can't perform it as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXEfkwZe4o

3)Octopus Hold- I mostly like this move just because it looks neat. It's basically a modified abdominal stretch, except you climb on top of your opponent and place your leg over his neck so that gravity creates more pressure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8LyNbCkByU

2) Kawada's version of the stretch plum. I loved the way he seemed to take delight really twisting in back and forth in that hold.
stretch_plum.jpg

1) Crippler Crossface- Regardless of what Benoit has done, this will always be my favorite finisher, and he was always be the best at performing it. I loved it when he could snap it on real quickly out of nowhere, the strain you could see in his face as he was working that hold.

5.) SLEEPER HOLD-This just knocks you out. Simple, yet devastating.

4.) STF OR STFU- It might look like it isn't much, but it hurts. And it can be modified, like the one Cena did on Big Show in the submission match they had (can't remember the name of the PPV) or where he used the handcuffs on Orton.

3.) WALLS OF JERICHO- This hurts like hell. The pressure on your back is tremedous, and your knees hurt like hell.

2.) SHARPSHOOTER- As soon as it's locked in, you're done. The tourque on your legs is very painful.

1.) FIGURE-4 LEGLOCK- Why is this number one? Two reasons. One, if applied right, it can break a leg easily, and two, who didn't love Flair's little dance before he put it on?

5) Anaconda Vice -- This was a tough one...It was either this or Hell's Gate. I really like this move...it's just a shame that CM Punk doesn't really use this anymore.

4) Sharpshooter -- Classic. Bret Hart was one of my favorites and I always loved his Sharpshooter, however I hate it when newer superstars try the sharpshooter and they don't sit down on it like Bret did.

3) Cloverleaf -- Good 'ole Dubya See Dubya days. Dean Malenko may have been one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time (I used to love seeing Benoit vs. Malenko b/c they had some of the greatest matches ever).

2) Ankle Lock -- This is such a deadly move. I swear, I always thought Kurt Angle looked like he was going to snap someone's ankle so bad that the ankle would come off!

1) Cross Face Crippler -- This is on a lot of people's lists...and deservedly so. Benoit could pull this move off in almost any scenario and still to this day is one of the best submission moves of all time.

5) Tazmission: It's a legit chokehold which is near damn impossible to get out of. Nuff said.

4) Sharpshooter: Konnan taught Bret Hart the move that he made famous. It is quite possibly the most iconic submission hold in wrestling and rightfully so. Sure it'd be hard to apply without the opponent letting you, but other than that it's a great hold.

3) Ankle Lock: This is the 'legit man' submission hold, used by Ken Shamrock and Kurt Angle. It looks effective, can be easily applied and even Angle, whose psychology is not the best gets the delivery right when it's time to end the match.

2) Crippler Crossface: Chris Benoit allegedly used this hold to kill his son, that speaks volumes about how good this hold is. It looks like it hurts like hell, and it can be applied from any situation.

1) Border City Stretch: Take the Crippler Crossface, then take the arm between your legs and put it behind your shoulder, and you have the Border City Stretch. It takes the crossface, and makes it look more painful (and like he's going to rip your arm out of the socket). Also, I'm a mark for Alex Shelley so it gets points for being used by him.

5: Old School Walls of Jericho/Liontamer: Putting the knee on the small of the back with an elevated Boston Crab. Quite painful on the spine. Great submission hold. Not only is th back stretched but is also getting a knee driven into back.. owch.

4: Sharpshooter: mostly because I am a huge Hart family fan. Seriously Konnan tough Bret that? wow. Bret is the perfecter of the move but I have seen The Hart Dynasty do an impressive version of it.

3: Crippler Crossface: Long live Benoit. Just look at it. painful!! Ask Kurt Angle.. anyone remember the Iron Submission Match at Backlash 01?

2: Ankle Lock: I honestly dont know if Shamrock or Angle did a better one. They were both psychotic while locking it in.

1. Cattle Mutilation: I've only seen a handful of ROH matches (I have Paul London's Please dont Die ROH dvd. awesome). But this submission is unlike anything I have ever seen and cannot imagine the pain. This is why I am pumped Danielson is in the WWE. Soon will be called up to the main roster. I know it! Hope he uses it.. or at least his Dragon Suplex.

5.Dragon Sleeper
This move always looked painful when you would see this on television.The neck being pulled back always is a pain move no matter in what position.

4.Figure Four Leg Lock
A move that has Flair all over it.A wrestler could attack the leg of another and when it was time they could just wack on the Figure four.A move that really does hurt but can also hurt the guy how locks it in ,in the first place.

3.Walls of Jericho/Boston Crab
This move puts a strain on the back and when wrestler crawl to the rope it only puts more pain on.Jericho has used this to win some high profile matchs and it has rarely failed him.So it gets my number 3 spot for it's sucessful history.

2.Sharpshooter
This submission move makes the list for it's pain that it can inflict on another person.The way it looks as it gives the attacker an advantage over the other guy.And the fact it has been one of the most feared moves since Bret started using it.

1.Cross Face
The reason this is at the top of my list is because if you put enough pressure on and your hand slips, you can smash your hand against the nose forcing it up.It then hits the brain causing death.The use of this move can be is deadly and causes mega pain.

5. crippler crossface: the most aggressive move in wrestling maybe the most painful

4.tarantula: completely dangerous so dangerous it needs a 5 count to break

3. sharpshooter: the coolset move in wrestling and the most famous

2. walls of jericho(97-01): this is based on the time when jericho did it properly

1. rings of saturn: very painful and the only submission move that looks like there is no counter out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back