Top 40 Worst Gimmicks in Wrestling History

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMK

Getting Noticed By Management
First of all, this is going to be a pretty long post. I don't expect anyone to read the whole thing. But if anyone does, feel free to comment and tell me what you think. If there are any gimmicks you feel are worse than these, than do tell. But Im pretty sure these are the cream of the crap.

40)The Mountie
The Mountie somehow became Intercontinental Champion, which is a great achievement for someone with a gimmick this bad. The gimmick was so controversial that Jacques Rougeau couldn't perform under The Mountie name when wrestling in Canada. Mountie would electrecute his enemies with a shock stick but the lame sound effects were clearly pre-recorded. Worst of all was his catchphrase "I'm the Mountie!" Wonder how long it took to come up with that one?

39)Rosey, the S.H.I.T. (Super Hero in Training)
As if having a superhero gimmick like Hurricane wasn't enough, WWE had to go and give him a sidekick with an oh-so-clever acronim for a nickname.

38)Papa Shango
I actually liked this gimmick as a child, but looking back now it was obviously one of the worst in history. Three words: Ultimate Warrior vomiting. That is all.

37)Repo Man
Here's another gimmick I liked as a kid. Only because even as a child I could figure out that it was Demolition Smash under the mask. The tattoo was a dead giveaway. I loved Demolition, so I had to love Repo Man. For some reason he wore a Lone Ranger type mask and carried a rope. What that had to do with being a repo man is beyond me.

36)The Berzerker
Huss Huss Huss. As Frank Costanza once said to Elaine, "what the hell does that mean?" His career highlight is that he once attempted to stab Undertaker with his obviously phony sword. He missed. And so did WWE with this horrendous gimmick.

35)Nailz
Boy, WWE was really pumping out the bad gimmicks back in 1992. Here's another. Played by Kevin Walchoz, Nailz was an ex-con who's only feud was with Big Bossman. Thankfully this horrible character was put out of it's misery after Kevin assaulted Vince McMahon backstage over money issues. But no, he didn't go to prison for it. Although, that would have been ironic. Then again, Vince is a bigger crook than Nailz ever was.

34)Spirit Squad
Does a team of male cheerleaders sound like a good idea to anyone? No? Me neither. But for some reason it did to Vince McMahon. Remember the spirit squad next time you here someone call Vince McMahon a creative genius. That genius label gets tossed around way too much nowadays.

33)Waylon Mercy
Dan Spivey played Waylon Mercy, a gimmick based on Robert DeNiro's character in the movie Cape Fear. Unlike when The Simpsons brilliantly spoofed Cape Fear using Sideshow Bob, WWE's parody fell flat. Watching a Waylon Mercy match is about as painful as Bob stepping on all those rakes.

32)Damien Demento
A crazy man character who hailed from "the outer reaches of your mind". Oooookay. His only highlight is main eventing the very first RAW against Undertaker. He was a very short lived character that was a clear ripoff of King Curtis Iaukea. Just don't call him a jobber. He doesn't like that.

31)Phantasio
Blink and you missed him. He was a mime/magician character who appeared only once on tv. He wore a mask to the ring and when he removed it he had identical facepaint underneath. So what was the point of the mask? During his one and only match, he snuck up behind his opponent and "magically" removed his boxers, allowing him to secure a roll-up victory. He also removed referee Earl Hebner's boxers before disappearing forever.

30)PN News
Before John Cena, there was another rapper gimmick, only it was terrible. Take John Cena, add 200 pounds, take away the muscles and charisma, and you have PN News.

29)Kizarny
Kizarny, a member of a carnival who spoke in "carny talk", wrestled in several dark matches before making his debut to a dead crowd in January of 2009. By March, he had been released.

28)Disco Inferno
Disco was still relevant in the 90's right? No? It wasn't? Well someone forgot to tell WCW creative that.

27)Heidenreich
Before R-Truth's "little jimmy", there was Heidenriech's "little johnny". Though it was later revealed that "Little Johnny" was supposed to be a doll similar to Al Snow's Head, the storyline was scrapped. Heidenriech would return with an even worse gimmick though, a poetry reading heel. Unlike Lanny Poffo though, Heidenreich sucked at poetry. He also sucked as a Road Warrior.

26)Duke The Dumpster Droese
He was a garbage man. And in 1996, WWE FINALLY realized this gimmick wasn't working and decided to throw out the trash man.

25)The Goon
It seemed that in the early '90s, every gimmick wrestler had to have an occupation. Goon was a Hockey Player. His wrestling boots even looked like skates. I don't know if this offended me more as a Hockey fan or a wrestling fan.

24)Paul Burchill
What happens when WWE tries to ripoff Johnny Depp's Pirates Of The Caribean character? You get a short lived gimmick that got almost zero crowd reaction.

23)Kerwin White
Chavo denounces his mexican heritage and becomes a golf cart driving white guy. I'm tempted to write a joke here about how the wrong Guerrero died, but this was not really Chavo's fault. I have a hunch this was a Micheal Hayes idea. Just a hunch.

22)Misfits In Action
Chavo Guerrero makes back to back appearances, this time in M.I.A, along with Hugh G.Rection. Get it? Huge Erection? Ahahahaha. Oh wait, thats not funny at all. Just to show you how badly WCW was booking its talent during their dying days, they actually had Booker T in this stable of jobbers. What a waste of Booker's skills. Ironically enough, due to terrible gimmicks like M.I.A, WCW would find itself M.I.A from the wrestling business altogether just a few short months later.

21)ZEUS
Zeus was a character in Hulk Hogans horrible movie "No Holds Barred". To market the movie, WWE had the Zeus character become a wrestler and fight Hogan in the WWF. Zeus never won a match. Which means he has as many wins in the ring as Hulk Hogan has good reviews for his movies: NONE. Ironically, Zeus, played by Tony Lister, faired much better in the world of Hollywood than Holllywood Hulk Hogan ever did. Most recently, Zeus starred in "The Dark Knight". Meanwhile Hulk Hogan is still trying to get someone to look at his Mr.Nanny 2 script.

20)GLACIER
In 1996, WCW thought it would be a good idea to try and appeal to the fans of the widely popular Mortal Kombat video games. So they ripped off Sub Zero and called him Glacier. Turns out it was a terrible idea. Not only terrible, but terribly costly as well. Glaciers ring gear was estimated to have cost $35,000 alone. In addition to the gear, estimates state that production costs for Glacier's entrance cost almost half a million dollars. The costume and entrance were scrapped after only four matches. What a waste.

19)Mortis
Glacier's arch nemesis. Another Mortal Kombat ripoff. Thankfully WCW went bankrupt before they could ever ripoff other popular 90's video game characters such as Crash Bandicoot or Sonic The Hedgehog.

18)Wrath
See Mortis.

17)The Boogeyman
Marty Wright tried out for tough enough but lied about his age and was disqualified. So, to prove he'd do anything to get a job with WWE, he agreed to eat worms and crawls around on the floor. Boogeyman is the latest in a long line of characters created by VinceMcMahon to feature African American men with painted faces behaving like untamed savages. You stay classy Vince.

16)eUgEne
Eric Bischoff's special needs nephew. What you might not know, is that Nick Dinsmore, the man behind Eugene, holds the record for most reigns and longest combined reign in Ohio Valley Wrestling history, and that is as himself, not Eugene.

15)That 70's Guy: Mike Awesome
Despite the fact that WCW already employed a guy using the stuck in the 70's gimmick, that being Disco Inferno, they decided to double down on a gimmick that had already failed. How does that old adage go? "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?" Yeah, that's WCW.

14)Xanta Claus
Santa's evil twin brother from the south pole. Actually, it was Balls Mahoney. Thankfully the gimmick only lasted for the holiday season of 1995.

13)Isaac Yankem
Played by Glen Jacobs (kane), Yankem was Jerry Lawler's evil dentist, brought to the WWF to eliminate Bret Hart. His teeth were rotten and yellow and his entrance music was the sound of a dentist drill. Which makes you wonder why did Lawler ever go to this guy for dental work in the first place? I guess we shouldnt let facts get in the way of a good story.

12)Friar Ferguson/Bastion Booger
Both were played by the late Mike Shaw. Not sure which was worse. Friar Ferguson was a "mad monk" character which WWE dropped after receiving complaints from the catholic church. For the first time ever, I actually agree with the catholic church about something. But one bad gimmick only led to another and thus Bastion Booger was born. I've never really been able to figure out what the Booger character was supposed to be. To the best of my knowledge, Bastion Booger was just a giant, ugly, overgrown baby. Sort of like Newt Gingrich.

11)Seven
Seven's WCW debut and exit came on the same night. He floated from the entrance ramp to the ring, with lights and ambiance very similar to The Undertaker. But when he got to the ring, Seven (Dustin Runnels) performed a worked shoot where he downplayed his former character Goldust as well as his current gimmick. This is what WCW considered creative back in their dying days. Worked shoots were all the rage in WCW's final years. That's probably why it was their final years.

10)Mantaur
Just google mantaur if youve never seen him. How on earth did a fat guy with a Bull head on his shoulders ever get the green light from Vince? Who thought this was a good idea?? Amazingly, Mantaur is NOT the worst gimmick on this list. That's saying something.

9)Arachnaman
Here's another bright idea from the brilliant minds at WCW. Let's take Spiderman, change the colors slightly and package him as a wrestler! Marvel Comics sued WCW, forcing the gimmick to be dropped.

8)Max Moon
Even the characters from Ed Wood's epically bad b-movie "Plan 9 From Outer Space" had more authenticity than this wwf spaceman character from 1992. What a glorious year for crappy gimmicks that was. The bad gimmick class of 92 deserve there own reunion.

7)THE YETI!
Debuting in a block of ice around Halloween on Monday Nitro, Ron Reis was dubbed The Yeti (or "Ye-tay!" if youre Tony Schiavone). When the ice thawed, The Yeti was revealed to actually be a mummy. Thats right, a mummy. Even though the Yeti is another name for The Sasquatch, WCW thought "fuck it, we'll make him a mummy". The Yeti joined The Giant in attacking Hulk Hogan, performing a poorly executed tandem bear-hug which made it look like Yeti was dry humping Hogan. Luckily, this abomination of a gimmick was only used a few times. After that the character was changed to a ninja and was billed as "Super Giant Ninja", which sounds like a bad japanese game show mascot.

6)OZ
Before Kevin Nash, before Deisel, even before Vinnie Vegas, there was Oz. Managed by Merlin the Wizard, Kevin Nash's Oz dressed in a long green robe and was based on the book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Beause what's more intimidating than The Wizard of Oz?

5)Battle Kat
WWE was sued by Mattel for trademark infringement over this gimmick which involved jobber Dean Peters dressing up in a cat suit and using his cat like reflexes to defeat the Brooklyn Brawler. Unfortunately for him, Battle Kat didnt exactly have 9 lives. In fact, he didnt even have 9 weeks. He was released less one month after his debut.

4)Mr.America
Hulk Hogan puts on mask and claims he isnt Hulk Hogan. Mr. America even passed a lie dectector test to prove he wasn't Hogan. In the end, it was revealed that (spoiler alert) Mr. America was indeed Hulk Hogan. Hogan legitimately quit WWE shortly after this gimmick. I wonder why?

3)Kiss Demon
In 1999 Eric Bischoff struck a deal with the band KISS to create a wrestler based on the theme of the overrated rock band of the same name. The result was KISS Demon. KISS Demon was supposed to be the start of a stable called "Warriors of KISS", which would include a member who represented each member of KISS. But when Bischoff left WCW, the KISS Demon left with him. No word on whether WCW had any other rock band related characters in the works. Might I suggest, "The Beatles"? "Nobody Beats the Beatles....The Beatles Beat you!" As corny as that sounds, its really not any worse than Kiss Demon.

2)Gobbledy Gooker
Leading up to the 1990 Survivor Series, a mysterious egg had been on display, and was promised to hatch at the event. The result was Hector Guerrero in a chicken suit. The event was so hyped and the result was so terrible that it was an instant failure. The announcers and commentators, Mean Gene, Gorilla Monsoon and Roddy Piper all tried to play up the Gooker, but it didn't help. When children as young as 4 are booing, you know you've done something epically wrong.

1)The Shockmaster
What do you get when you mix Fred Ottman (aka Tugboat), a Star Wars Stormtrooper mask covered in glitter, and a piece of lumber carelessly placed on the floor? One of the most unintentionally funny moments in television history. Not to mention the worst gimmick ever.

I have to say I agree with almost every single gimmick on this list. Great work!

I think I would probably put Chavo Guerrero's transformation into Kerwin White slightly higher, and maybe take Disco Inferno off as I actually found him quite entertaining in a painful way, but I think you have got most of these spot on.

The only one I totally disagree with is Mr America, as it wasnt meant to be a serious gimmick. We were all meant to know it was Hogan under the mask, that was part of the fun. Even Vince (the guy Hogan was supposed to be tricking) knew it was Hulk. It was pretty funny I thought, seeing this old washed up wrestler outwitting Vinny Mac.

To replace Mr America and Disco Inferno on this list I suggest 2 replacements

The Fat Chick Thriller Mike Awesome

If Chavo can have 2 entries, why cant Mike. Trust WCW to take a beast of a man, with so much potential...and make him into a man who craves fat booty. It pisses me off so much that Awesome was wasted so badly. Its even worse that they gave him TWO awful gimmicks in such a short time in the company. No wonder WCW failed

also

Giant Gonzales

A hugely tall skinny guy with a costume that had fake hair, fake muscles and 0 wrestling ability. He had his handler and his head-crushing finishing manouvre, but were we ever going think that body suit was real? Seriously Vince what were you thinking with this joker?!

I'll disagree with a name on the list that you might find surprising. Nailz is the guy I am talking about. The guy was a bad wrestler and the name is really shit but the gimmick was good, at least in my eyes.

Nailz was brought in as an ex-convict who had supposedly been imprisoned by Big Bossman and claimed that he was innocent of his crimes. He was also supposedly tortured in the prison by Bossman. What stood out, in my eyes, was the way in which he played out his character. His promos were intense and he definately gave the impression that he had experienced Prison. He literally used to shake with intensity while cutting his promos. Here's an example of what I am talking about.

[YOUTUBE]XFJ2ttiKmQw[/YOUTUBE]

Now that is a good promo.

His feud with The Big Bossman was a fairly successful midcard feud which culminated in a nightstick match at SummerSlam. He was then supposed to feud with The Undertaker and I have heard that there were even photographs of them together on the cover of one of the WWE Magazines. Then he assaulted Vince over money and also testified against him in the steroids trial which spelled the end for his career. Ironically, it has been said that it was his testimony against Vince that helped Vince escape. It was so over the top that not a single guy in the court believed it.

Overall I'd say Nailz was fairly successful in the time he was in the WWE and had a chance of becoming even more successful. But the fact that he had zero success as compared to the superstars of today and the fact that he had a shitty name makes him a candidate for the list here. He was alright, though and certainly not as bad as guys like Bezerker, Repo Man or The Goon.

This is a character that I would like to see in WWE one day being portrayed by a much more talented guy.

Yep those are horrible gimmicks! But can I ask the question, what about guys who are given a lot of promotion and titles and their characters and very dull does that cound? Cause if so Id say the AJ Styles gimmick and the Samoa Joe gimmick are pretty horrible.

I agree with most of the list but I would take out Glacier, Disco Inferno & Nailz. Nailz for the same reason as that guy^^ said plus I kinda like the idea of a crazed ex-con wrestling. Whatever feud Nailz would end up in, he could bring the intensity into it easily due to his gimmick. I think the feud between him & Taker could've been pretty good had it happened. Even though Disco wasn't a great wrestler or great on the mic, he still had charisma, he made you wanna dance. And being a fan of MK, I thought Glacier was pretty good. Outfit was bad, so was his first theme but his entrance was sick and he was kickass in the ring.

There's much worse gimmicks than those 3 such as Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz, Doink The Clown, Mordecai, Naked Mideon, The Oddities, Dungeon Of Doom had some whack ass characters and there's plenty more. I would take a Mortal Kombat ripoff, ex-con & disco freak over them anyday.

I have a few problems with the list. First, I would remove all three of the Blood Runs Cold characters. While they were designed to be Mortal Kombat ripoffs, they actually pulled off the gimmicks and had great matches.

Waylon Mercy is another gimmick I would remove. He was effective as the character. The only reason the gimmick ended was because Dan Spivey got hurt.

The only reason Kizarny didn't take off was because instead of having him as a heel character (as the character was being built as), Vince decided that a psycho from a carnival would make an amazing face.

The Spirit Squad may have been a horrible idea, but they pulled it off. They were designed to do one thing....piss off the WWE universe, and they did just that. At one point, they were more hated than Mr. McMahon, and when he plays a heel, that is really saying something.

To replace them, I give you.....

The Great Khali - The Punjabi Playboy. OK, you have a guy that's 7 and a half feet tall, more than 400 pounds, reasonably wealthy and........he kisses fat chicks. What?

Mike Awesome - Fat Chick Thriller - Need I say more.

Meat - How the fuck does anyone not put Meat on this list. Unlike other wrestlers that people say "Wrestle in their underwear", his ring outfit was made up to look like a pair of briefs. The fact that he was also the boy toy of a group calling themselves PMS is also teh Suck.

Planet Stasiak - Yes, I have no love for poor Shawn Stasiak. This time, he was a visitor from the Planet Stasiak. Basically, he was nuts.

The Shark - It's Earthquake, only dressed up as a Shark.....somewhat. This is a WrestleCrap favorite.

Renegade - Hogan starts to talk about the Ultimate Surprise, the man that was going to take Hulkamania into the 21st Century. They make it seem like they signed Jim Helwig(or was he legally Warrior by this time). Finally, it comes to the big reveal.....and it's obviously not the Warrior. Instead, it's a guy that's noticeably smaller.

Couple more for consideration:

Red Rooster: Poor Terry Taylor, actually a pretty competent guy in the ring given a novice gimmick and a red mohawk (such a great look when combined with a mullet).

New Diesel & New Razor Ramon: 'Nash and Hall may have gone to WCW but we own their names, so we'll get two big guys, give them the gimmicks, good ole JR as a manager (who we'll turn heel) and make them a tag team!' - :disappointed:

Billy & Chuck: Gay tag team, only neither guy was gay:wtf:

'Double J' and the Roadie: Son of legendary Jerry Jarrett, repackaged as a country superstar because Garth Brooks was massive so this had to work:lmao:. Better still, he was given a Roadie who transpired to be the actual voice behind the music (from Garth to Milli Vanilli:shrug:).

Loch Ness: I always loved Giant Haystacks and he was a genuine Andre sized monster and yet because he was British, WCW repackaged him after a mythical Scottish (despite being born to Irish parents in London ) sea monster!

Some other suggestions would be:

Mordicai(sp?) - Who I cant even remember seeing outside the one appearance he made at a PPV.

Bluedust - Blue Meanie acting like Goldust. Nuff' said.

Jean-Paul Levesque - Even the great Triple H is not immune to horrible gimmicks.

Fun list, one small comment though:

36)The Berzerker
Huss Huss Huss. As Frank Costanza once said to Elaine, "what the hell does that mean?" His career highlight is that he once attempted to stab Undertaker with his obviously phony sword. He missed. And so did WWE with this horrendous gimmick.

The "Huss" saying was a trademark of the late Bruiser Brody, which is why the Berzerker character kept saying it because he was McMahon's lame watered down attempt at a Brody-like character. Jimmy Jacobs later took up the "Huss!" gimmick for awhile on the indies.

Just wanted to comment on that.

I have to say I agree with almost every single gimmick on this list. Great work!

To replace Mr America and Disco Inferno on this list I suggest 2 replacements

Giant Gonzales

A hugely tall skinny guy with a costume that had fake hair, fake muscles and 0 wrestling ability. He had his handler and his head-crushing finishing manouvre, but were we ever going think that body suit was real? Seriously Vince what were you thinking with this joker?!

I totally forgot about Giant Gonzales! He should be on the list for sure. I guess he was just too painful to even remember.

Another one I forgot was "WHO". Who was "Who?" you may ask. Well, it was Jim Neidhart. And everybody knew it. That's what the problem. lol.

Fun list, one small comment though:

The "Huss" saying was a trademark of the late Bruiser Brody, which is why the Berzerker character kept saying it because he was McMahon's lame watered down attempt at a Brody-like character. Jimmy Jacobs later took up the "Huss!" gimmick for awhile on the indies.

Just wanted to comment on that.

Thanks. I did not know that. Guess Berzerker was even lamer than I imagined. Have to bump him up the list. lol.

Everyones suggestions so far are definitely worthy of being on the list. Might have to edit to a 100 worst gimmicks. Although even that might not be enough to fit them all in.

Jean-Paul Levesque - Even the great Triple H is not immune to horrible gimmicks.

Here's the thing though, Triple H is very much a progression from Jean-Paul Levesque. When he left the JPL character behind in WCW, he came to the WWF and became EXACTLY the same character only with a new name (Hunter Hearst Helmsley) and a slightly changed back story (he went from being a French Blue Blood to 'The Connecticut Blueblood'), this character developed over time to become the 'Cerebral Assassin' we see today... so by definition, the gimmick cannot be regarded too unfavourably as it naturally progressed to what we see today, or to put it another way - to hate JPL is to hate HHH.

There are a couple that I can think of that definitely deserve to be on that list. They're currently in employment and are closely linked. One's a bisexual and the other is a ******! Orlando Jordan and Eric Young.

I mean seriously, seriously bad. I had no idea that someone's sexuality could be turned into a gimmick. Orlando Jordan's character really has no substance to it. He's bisexual. That's it. Stupid, vacuous, and just complete and utter shit.

And then there is Eric Young who, after taking a nasty bump to the head, became mentally challenged. Not only is it boring and ridiculous, it's very offensive. While Eugene was childlike and could get sympathy when bullied, Eric Young doesn't play his gimmick like that. He just plays it with Homer Simpson levels of stupidity. You don't feel for his character. You are encouraged to laugh at it. Just awful.

Awesome list MMK, major props to you.

My semi-obscure choice for consideration would be Just Joe. He was seen on WWF programming, mainly on Heat, around the early 2000 mark. He was working somewhat of a gossip-type gimmick where his catchphrase was ''Don't Shoot The Messenger'' after delivering some bad news. I recall his Titantron video was basically him with a speech bubble drawn on saying just that. Oh and when people asked who he was he would reply Joe... Just Joe.

Kind of epic in a total fail type of way

Here are a couple more Chainsaw Charlie I don't get why WWF at the time would put The great Terry Funk in a pair of nylons over his face, The New Rockers what a waste of air time I am a hugh Rockers fan but when they came up with the new Rockers I could not even come up with any words to say The New Foundation (Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart ) those M C Hammer like baggy pants OMG Worse gimmick ever.

Waylon Mercy was an excellent character just 2 or 3 years too early... had he stayed into the Attitude era, with the added brutality that Max Cady had then they had gold... but Spivey was physically a wreck... shame they didn't keep him around as a manager...

The Mountie? Hmmm gonna balk at that one... sure he was the "evil mirror" for Bossman, but he made it work, no one ever thought Jacques was anything on the mic but most of his Mountie stuff was really good... and as a good gimmick should, it evolved... into the Quebecers gimmick, same outfit, same attitude and they were the best team of the mid 90's in WWE.

Mortis... that was actually a hell of a gimmick... I often use it in my TEW game as an alternative for Crush... and it seems to work... Glacier bombed... not Mortis... that Mask was awesome...

Max Moon... It bombed cos it was meant to be Konnan, not Paul Diamond... had it gone as planned great... he was an early attempt at the Sin Cara gimmick...

You missed... Man Mountain Rock... take a decent WCW gimmick (one of the few) and water it down for 95 era WWE... TL Hopper...a wrestling plumber? Really? Freddie Joe Floyd? Salvatore Sincere?, BEAVER CLEAVAGE?, Skinner? No way are some of the guys you mention worse than those abominations...

That is a pretty good list, and I laughed when I saw The Shockmaster take first (or should I say last?) place in it. However I think Eugene was actually the worst gimmick ever. Why? That gimmick is the worst because it was so awful that it ruined the career of a guy who could have seen a lot of success in WWE given his work in their developmental. He held their world title more than anyone, and he will NEVER be taken seriously ANYWHERE due to the Eugene character. It was stupid, NOT funny, very annoying, and destroyed a man's career. That's worse than Mr America and The Shockmaster if you ask me. Or perhaps I am just biased from hating that character so much.

How has no one mentioned the GobbledyGooker??

A wrestling turkey that dances with Mean Gene??

Also, I laugh every time I think of Giant Gonzalez in that Slim Goodbody unitard. Classic dipshit move.

I got one for ya; let's take a division that was meant for a certain individual's stature, and kill it. But instead of just doing away with the whole thing, let's keep the individual in mind around, even though he has no one to feud with on a realistic basis. Just about anyone he faces and beats will surely have their career ruined, because the concept is pure ridiculous. Still following me? Okay, and let's go the extra mile here and give him a mythical gimmick, one that really really degrates the guy because he's so small. Something like a leprechaun. Oh and he can't talk. No one knows why a leprechaun of all things can't talk but this one just can't. Oh and when you're done playing the leprechaun card, let's just give him a Wee Man gimmick, but take the cool out of it. And still keep him from talking.

Yes, I am talking about Hornswoggle. To me, he is one of the worst gimmicks because he was the only little person in a locker room filled with freaking giants. Rey Mysterio looked like Goliath to him. What can he possibly do in the ring? Besides making a guy like Chavo look worse than what he did already?

If WWE would have kept the Juniors Division around, I would have no problem with Swog. But without any little people for him to feud with, it just looked like a big circus stunt that was entertaining for maybe one month, and I'm stretching it.

The fact that WWE used Hornswoggle to humiliate other superstars is another factor of why the gimmick just sucked. He was like a minute Viscera or Rikishi.

Awesome list MMK, major props to you.

My semi-obscure choice for consideration would be Just Joe. He was seen on WWF programming, mainly on Heat, around the early 2000 mark. He was working somewhat of a gossip-type gimmick where his catchphrase was ''Don't Shoot The Messenger'' after delivering some bad news. I recall his Titantron video was basically him with a speech bubble drawn on saying just that. Oh and when people asked who he was he would reply Joe... Just Joe.

Kind of epic in a total fail type of way

I remember that gimmick now. You're right. Let's pencil him in at #41. Just Joe just missed the list. He's so bad he couldnt even make the worst gimmick list.

I guess my list is more of a list of the 40 most memorable horrible gimmicks. There are so many other horrible gimmicks that are just as bad it's just that we barely even remember them. And just joe is one of them.

That is a pretty good list, and I laughed when I saw The Shockmaster take first (or should I say last?) place in it. However I think Eugene was actually the worst gimmick ever. Why? That gimmick is the worst because it was so awful that it ruined the career of a guy who could have seen a lot of success in WWE given his work in their developmental. He held their world title more than anyone, and he will NEVER be taken seriously ANYWHERE due to the Eugene character. It was stupid, NOT funny, very annoying, and destroyed a man's career. That's worse than Mr America and The Shockmaster if you ask me. Or perhaps I am just biased from hating that character so much.

The sad part about Eugene was that the character was Nick Dinsmore's idea.

I liked Papa Shango and Nailz along with a few others on the list but yeah most are pretty bad. Not sure if it really counts but at least worth a mention..Robocop!! I'll say nomore.

2 that came to mind when I saw the thread title, but were not on the list.. Beaver Cleavage..Ew. A Leave it to Beaver rip off, who has the hots for his Mom? One of the worst things to come from the AA. Also missing was Steve "The Real Man's Man" Regal. The video's, the look, the whole gimmick altogether.. Horrible. A waste of a great talent.

I've been doing that "30 day wrestling challenge" on facebook and i put "The Stalker" as the worst gimmick, wish i saw this list before i did it!

The Stalker was just terrible, his promos out in the forrest up a tree, "I'm watching you" and i think he only had one fued with Goldust. I think he should have a place on your list.

Gotta pull you up on "Kiss being the most over-rated band in history"... how about Coldplay? I love Kiss back off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back