Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

theBusiness

Pre-Show Stalwart
Okay, I've gotten into an argument with some friends. I place John Cena in the top 10 greatest of all time and them being Cena haters, fully disagree. I remember reading a thread on here awhile back with few people stating that John Cena can/will be #3 behind Austin and Hogan one day (cant find that thread). Anyway, just wondering what you all think. Of course, I'm only referring to careers in the WWE/F. Therefore, Ric Flair doesn't really stand a chance because he didn't really have a stand-out career in his WWF run. I also have a hard time ranking Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Undertaker in a specific order. My list...

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. The Rock
4-7. John Cena, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H (no specific order)
8-10. Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Randy Savage, Kurt Angle, etc.

Undertaker (i believe undertaker is more "alive" now than hogan, he's more well known than hogan with the hogan fans and also new kids etc).so..
1.Undertaker
2.Hogan
3.Andre
4.Rock (Attitude era's face)
5.Stone Cold.(Attitude Era's Heel)
6.Hart. (Famous Incidents and more)
7.Andre the Giant (8th wonder of the world, literally is a legend among the wwe community)
8.HBK (Well known for famous incidents)
9.Chris Jericho (First unified champ)
10.I can't really pick one... i'll have to say Masked Kane. Nowadays kane sucks.

I don't put john cena in there because he's only top of wwe RAW because he sells lots of Merch (only to kids, the only guys dumb enough to buy his merch) without his merch and etc he wouldn't be top. he be midcard, like US title and IC, back in 2004/start-mid 2005.

John cena is also NOT better than any of the other stars i put up above ^^
he hasn't reached legend status, or in my or any other people i know "icon" status. He's just a top star, like Orton, who will soon be big but not like anybody on my list. (Cena/Orton-Rock/StoneCold re-creation is failing and boring. Cena has boring feuds, his last good feud was when he feuded with HHH or HBK or ORTON for the FIRST time.

Even though you may be a fan of cena, you must realise the only thing he's done for wwe is sell merchandise to stupid U/12 kids and fail and recreating the rock.
Sorry if i offended you. It's like your favourite being CM Punk, and in your eyes you think he's amazing and legendary/awesome but he hasn't done anything yet.
His charactar has gotten stale, it's been the same for like 5 years nearly.

:wwf:

If i am not mistaken... you called this thread the top 10 wwe "Wrestlers" of all time. It seems to me so far both of you just named the top 10 "Entertainers" Who cares how much they sell? I am sorry but Cena cant wrestle, he is ok at best! He just sells well so its good for the biz. Now pure WRESTLING wise these are my top 10

1 Kurt Angle. the guy was amazing, i say WAS cuz hes shit in TNA

2 Bret Hart. No explanation needed

3 Chris Benoit. Yes hes a murderer and a piece of shit for that but nobody can deny his ability in the ring

4 HBK. This guy can make anyone look like gold, well except boretista

5 Jericho. Pretty much the same as HBK

6 Owen Hart. He would be higher in the ranks but sadly he died before we got to see his full potential

7 The Rock. This guy could Draw but he was also gold in the ring

8 Randy Orton. Say what you want but RKO can wrestle! dont believe me? look up his match with Edge for the IC title

9 Edge. Same reason as orton

10 Undertaker. I put taker last not because he deserves to be last, im just a little sick of the fact hes only around for like a week and then leaves again for months so we dont see him wrestle much anymore, but when he does hes great

I love how people pretend like being a the best pro wrestler is about in-ring work. The entire point of the art form is to draw money, however you need to. Nobody did it like Hogan. Hogan is undeniably the greatest professional wrestler in WWE history. However, he is nowhere near the greatest in-ring worker in WWE history.

This is a topic that can be much debated and everyone would have a different list. There's a few things to look at here. There's wrestling ability,merchandise sales, charisma ect..ect... Like for example according to sales then Austin is no.1 but without Hogan there wouldn't be a Austin. Also I dont look at how well a guy wrestles, because you could wrestle a guy into a pretzel,but if your booked to lose and the crowd doesnt like you,you're going nowhere. Everyone hates on Cena and praises Hogan.But they really aren't that different. Both cant wrestle,both of them only do 5 moves,and both of them does the whole Superman thing. Anyway let me get to my list and my opinions are based on people that has done something for the business from my knowledge. (I don't know the old guys)

1.Hogan- Personally I cant stand him,but he did put wrestling on the map and is/was a HUGE star.

2.Stone Cold-Everyone knows why

3.The Rock-Along with Austin carried the WWE during the Attitude Era

4.The Undertaker- He's been main eventing for 20 years and can still hang with the best. And he has arguably done the most to help develop new talent than anyone else has.

5.Ric Flair-Again Ive never liked Ric but without Ric we wouldnt have seen some of the great stables we have.

6.Shawn Michaels-You know Michaels can actually be No.1, I mean who hasnt done more for the business than this guy? He might not have been the biggest draw but he most certainly has revolutionized the industry.And thanks to Michaels we have the High flyers of today.

7.Mick Foley & Terry Funk-Im mention these two together because Hardcore wrestling had a big part in the industry and these 2 guys together contributed the most.

8.John Cena-like him or not (I dont) he is the Hogan of today. WWE is PG and Cena is the biggest star.We might hate everything about him and about the PG era but every kid out there is doing the 5 moves of doom on his friends. And while we complain Cena and Vince are counting their Millions.

9.Chris Jericho- Yes there are probably guys that deserve it more but the way I see it Jericho is the guy that will lead the locker room and the future starts in the future,he's already doing it now.

10.Trish Stratus-because of what she has done for female wrestling.

1) The Rock
2) Stone Cold Steve Austin
3) Hulk Hogan
4) Ric Flair
5) HBK
6) Bret Hart
7) The Undertaker
8) Triple H
9) John Cena
10) Randy Orton

For the top 3, I think that will ultimately come down to a popularity contest. My all time favourite was The Rock, Austin was a fairly close second. Never liked Hogan but can't dispute what he did for the business.

Ric Flair is a 16 time World Champion and instantly recognisable, WOOOOOOOOO is one of the most used catchphrases of all time. HBK and Bret Hart were the WWF in the mid 90's, were both the faces of the company.

The Undertaker could perhaps go higher than 7 when his career is over, the man has the most legendary gimmick of all time, something that will never be replicated.

Triple H was the best heel of the attitude era, he was an awesome nemesis to Foley, Rock and Austin. I still think he needs to go back to being the Cerebal Assasian though.

Cena and Orton may end up much higher up the list when its all said and done. Can they break the top 3, who knows.

But my number one is............The Rock :)

1 Hulk Hogan First Big name that put WWE on the map and made it and himself a pop culture icon for the ages

2 Stone Cold Same as Hogan put WWE back on the map and became as Vince stated inducting him into the HOF this year The Greatest WWE Superstar of all time

3 The Rock Was what the WWE wanted the comapny to be lead by

4 HBK No bigger legend than HBK Ladders Ironman HIAC you name it HBK was init

5 Undertaker The Phenom and mot feared superstar in the WWE what can you say

6 HHH The Game the self proclaimed Best In The Business Today

7 Ric Flair THe Nature Boy WWE got the end of his prime in the early 1990s but you cant do a list like this and not have Flair on it

8 Andre He was poossibly if not the best big man in the WWE durring his prime and lets not forget 15 years without loosing a match

9 Bret Hart The Best There Is Best There Was And The Best There Ever Will Be

10 John Cena The Future Of The WWE

I went with overall value, not greatest wreslter but the combination of what they meant to WWE! I am the one of the biggest Ric Flair fans on the fourms. But the question was WWE not all of wrestling.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin an above average wrestler, great mic worker, and sold merchandise like crasy
2. Hulk Hogan - Despise the guy but he is defintely a very close second overall.
3. Bruno Sanmartino - The guy was a great wrestler when wrestling actually mattered!
4. HBK- The most loyal guy they've ever had ( along with Taker). One of the top five greatest wrestlers, above average mic work, and a great seller.
5. Bret Hart - A great wrestler, decent mic worker, but what seperates him is he was great as a tag wrester, and singles wrestler.
6. HHH - I know alot is said about HHH hate wise. However the man is great as face and even better heal. Not many can pull that off as good as him. He also gives people the rub even sorry ones like Batista and Cody of Legacy.
7. Undertaker - The streak along would put him on the list. He is one of the best at giving the rub to up and commers.
8. Rock - slightly above average wrestler, one of the top five ever on the mic and sold like crazy. He would be higher if he had stuck around longer.
9. Andrea the Giant - As much as I like him he is the reason Hogan is where Hogan is. Hogan had been champ but until Andrea gave him the rub, he wasn't take seriously.
10. Randy Savage - His memorable match with Steamboat, rival and partner of Hogan, and other intense rivarlies, and being a part of what I call the first true couple with Liz.
10b. Ted Diabse/Piper Just flat out great heels.
10 c. Trish Stratus - Women wrestling was as high as it ever will go when she was around.

Mod Note

You MUST give reasons why they are in your top ten or else this is classed as spam any more without reasons will result in a warning/infraction

1) Shawn Michaels - Simply put the greatest of All-Time, he can elevate almost anyone and have a great match with just about anyone. His matches are legendary and probably has more amazing ones than any other wrestler in history.

2) Bret Hart - "The Excellence Of Execution" indeed. He could have a match with anyone and make it great or exciting. Doink, 1-2-3 Kid, Hakushi, The Mountie, Bam Bam, Razor, Bob Backlund, Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem, etc etc.
Putting guys over is a big part of the business and Bret knew how to do that better than anyone. The only reason I took Diesel seriously was because of Bret Hart, arguably his best matches were his series with the Hitman. He'd be number 1, except he always messed up on the mic. If with his only flaw, it's still hard to put him #2.

3) Owen Hart - The Blue Blazer, The Rocket, The King Of Harts, 2 Time Slammy Award Winning, The Black Hart, The Sole Survivor........IMO he was better than Bret Hart, but we never got to know that. He was almost always overshadowed by another match on the card, because he didn't main event. They never let him have his chance at the top (which was a huge mistake) and I think people forget how good he really was. He had more charisma, a better look, more agility, better mic skills, and a greater arsenal of maneuvers than his brother. He truly was the "King Of Harts." My favorite wrestler of all-time since I was a kid.

4) Mr. Perfect - What a shame he never held the World Title. He had it all, he was a gamer, had a great look and entrance, was a master in the ring. Truly unbelievable to watch.

5) Kurt Angle - "Oh, it's true, it's DAMN true." If their was a clone of Bret Hart in the ring, it would be Kurt Angle. His timing was flawless. He was a great face, a better heel, and an anti-hero to boot. You believed everything he did in the ring, plus IMO he had one of the greatest finishers of All-Time, The Angle Slam. Simple, but at times devastating.

6) Triple H - He is the total package. I hear a lot of people say he didn't put guys over......BULLSHIT. He put over more guys than anyone since Bret Hart. "Hardcore" Holly, Jeff Hardy, Batista, Kane, Henry Godwinn, Goldust, Taka Michinoku, and a ton of others. He gave these guys big pushes, what they did with those pushes is not his fault.

7) The British Bulldog - Another legend who doesn't get the credit he deserves. He could really move in the ring and had an intensity only comparable to Kurt Angle. His matches with Bret and Shawn and Owen are some of the greatest of All-Time.

8) Randy Orton - The Viper is unstoppable. Not since Angle have I seen someone with as much talent as him. He does everything well, has the right look, theme and approach. In such a short career he has had some remarkable matches, achieved some incredible goals, and proven that he is the future of this business.

9) The Undertaker - The Phenom is something to behold, he has been and always will be a marvel in the ring. The greatest big man in the business, no contest. For a guys his size to do some of the things he does? It's remarkable. Leaping planchas over the top, walking the ropes, taking insane bumps that not many his age take. You may ask why so low on the totem pole here? Well I ranked him this low only because in his long career (AND THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT BTW) he hasn't had as many great matches as all those before him. I Repeat, this is not his fault. Not his fault that for years he had to wrestle crappy big men, like King Kong Bundy, Mabel, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Hughes, Kama Mustafa, Giant Gonzalez, A-Train, Test, Big Show (before he got his shit together), etc etc etc. It's unfortunate, but in the first half of his career he didn't have many great matches, it wasn't until his feud with Mankind where his abilities could really be showcased.

10) Chris Jericho - Y2J is a legend in his own time. Night in and Night out he has some of the greatest matches. He truly has SAVED the WWE. Before he came back WWE was going to shit and as soon as he did come back it became interesting for me again. His mic skills are unmatched, his technique is flawless and he has some incredible and unique finishers. Very rarely do you see a bad Jericho match.......just this past Monday he had the only good match on the show. That's the level of Jericho's ability. Not to mention he probably has the greatest debut in WWE history.

Honorable mentions:

Chris Benoit - In the ring, one of the best. On the mic, he was mediocre at best and didn't have much going for him in terms of personality. Actually I thought his mic skills were better than people made them out to be, I thought they were better than Bret Harts, but Benoit didn't have the great catch phrases or personality of the Hitman.

Bam Bam Bigelow - If Undertaker is the greatest big man, than he is a close 2. So agile, moonsaults, flying headbutts, inzaguris, he was unreal. He took great bumps, had a fierce look and was extremely quick for his size. He could move like a cruiserwieght and unload the power of a heavyweight.

A classic Bam Bam moment: Tatanka starts dancing like he did, Bam Bam's hitting him and nothing is working. Finally Bam Bam does a inzaguri to the side Tatankas head while tatankas in motion and sends him to the mat. He did great little things like that, very misused. He would've made a great IC or World Champion.

A very different animal the best WWE wrestlers, I assure you. Trust me, I'm a moderator. It'll be interesting to see how many people include people who haven't been big parts of the E. Sting is one that springs to mind. I'm sure some people will have guys from old school feds as well. God forbid that anybody picks someone from TNA or, even worse, ROH. Anyway, here's my impromptu top ten.

1. The Rock
OK, so he's from the WWE. I didn't say it wasn't allowed, did I? I decided The Rock was my favourite wrestler ever after watching the [SMACKDOWN SPOILER]. Greatest promo man to ever grace the business. And shit, he may not be the most athletic wrestler but I always gave a shit about his matches. For my money, he would have become even bigger than Steve Austin had he stayed on. They say that's Rock's biggest flaw; not being Stone Cold. I say fuck off.

2. Kurt Angle
As champion, he drew ratings similar to Shawn Michaels. Difference is, he did it while on SmackDown. Not bad for someone who can't wrestle. He of course can wrestle, and was - yes, was - the most entertaining to watch wrestler in the business. He's had a few good matches in TNA, but no truly great ones. His promos were also golden.

3. Brock Lesnar
He gets here partially due to his success in MMA. Is that fair? Obviously not. But hey, it's my list. Brock is pretty much on par with Kurt when it comes to being exciting to watch. A truly powerful wrestler that, no matter what certain people say, was not the Umaga or Koslov of his day. His current occupation is smothering UFC heavyweights and outdoing WWE pay-per-views. I'm gonna go drink a Coors Light.

4. The Undertaker
Let's get one thing straight; the majority of The Undertaker's matches are terrible. Many of the ones that aren't are just really, really overrated - like his recent exploits with Edge and Shawn Michaels. For some weird reason, I still think he's the shit. Maybe deep down, my inner child hasn't been smothered by cynicism and I just like the smoke and mirrors. Unlikely though.

5. AJ Styles
The first non-WWE wrestler to appear on my list. You might ask why I bothered making this thread. I'm not actually that sure any more. All the same, AJ Styles is sheer awesomesauce spread over awesomepancakes. I personally don't care for pancakes. I did recently claim he's the best wrestler in the world though, so I guess that gets him up to number five on my all-time list.

6. CM Punk
Because I'm actually quite a big fan of him right now and for no other reason. I saw Punk getting criticised because he didn't invent all the moves he uses recently. Befuddled me. I like the trunks, I like the boots, I like the hobo look, I like the gimmick, I like the wrestling style, I like the matches, I like the t-shirt. Number six place assured.

7. Ron fuckin' Simmons
He's black. 'Nuff said.

8. John Cena
Oh how I toss and turn at night when I think of John Cena. And not in a sexual way either. OK, maybe in a sexual way. It's just... those arms, they'd make you feel so... safe. He's also pretty good at that whole wrestling business.

9. Shawn Michaels
Dropping dramatically from his former number six spot, Shawn has gone down in my estimations in recent months. He's still a great all-rounder though. And he's had some great matches, even if some are heavily, heavily overrated.

10. Samoa Joe
Thrown in just so I can justify the "non-WWE" thing really. However, I did honestly quite like him once upon a time and he can have damn fine matches if, as Sly says, he's got opponents to bump like crazy for him. Homicide and, um, 'Daniels' did recently, with entertaining results.

1) Shawn Michaels - Simply put the greatest of All-Time, he can elevate almost anyone and have a great match with just about anyone. His matches are legendary and probably has more amazing ones than any other wrestler in history.

2) Bret Hart - "The Excellence Of Execution" indeed. He could have a match with anyone and make it great or exciting. Doink, 1-2-3 Kid, Hakushi, The Mountie, Bam Bam, Razor, Bob Backlund, Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem, etc etc.
Putting guys over is a big part of the business and Bret knew how to do that better than anyone. The only reason I took Diesel seriously was because of Bret Hart, arguably his best matches were his series with the Hitman. He'd be number 1, except he always messed up on the mic. If with his only flaw, it's still hard to put him #2.

3) Owen Hart - The Blue Blazer, The Rocket, The King Of Harts, 2 Time Slammy Award Winning, The Black Hart, The Sole Survivor........IMO he was better than Bret Hart, but we never got to know that. He was almost always overshadowed by another match on the card, because he didn't main event. They never let him have his chance at the top (which was a huge mistake) and I think people forget how good he really was. He had more charisma, a better look, more agility, better mic skills, and a greater arsenal of maneuvers than his brother. He truly was the "King Of Harts." My favorite wrestler of all-time since I was a kid.

4) Mr. Perfect - What a shame he never held the World Title. He had it all, he was a gamer, had a great look and entrance, was a master in the ring. Truly unbelievable to watch.

5) Kurt Angle - "Oh, it's true, it's DAMN true." If their was a clone of Bret Hart in the ring, it would be Kurt Angle. His timing was flawless. He was a great face, a better heel, and an anti-hero to boot. You believed everything he did in the ring, plus IMO he had one of the greatest finishers of All-Time, The Angle Slam. Simple, but at times devastating.

6) Triple H - He is the total package. I hear a lot of people say he didn't put guys over......BULLSHIT. He put over more guys than anyone since Bret Hart. "Hardcore" Holly, Jeff Hardy, Batista, Kane, Henry Godwinn, Goldust, Taka Michinoku, and a ton of others. He gave these guys big pushes, what they did with those pushes is not his fault.

7) The British Bulldog - Another legend who doesn't get the credit he deserves. He could really move in the ring and had an intensity only comparable to Kurt Angle. His matches with Bret and Shawn and Owen are some of the greatest of All-Time.

8) Randy Orton - The Viper is unstoppable. Not since Angle have I seen someone with as much talent as him. He does everything well, has the right look, theme and approach. In such a short career he has had some remarkable matches, achieved some incredible goals, and proven that he is the future of this business.

9) The Undertaker - The Phenom is something to behold, he has been and always will be a marvel in the ring. The greatest big man in the business, no contest. For a guys his size to do some of the things he does? It's remarkable. Leaping planchas over the top, walking the ropes, taking insane bumps that not many his age take. You may ask why so low on the totem pole here? Well I ranked him this low only because in his long career (AND THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT BTW) he hasn't had as many great matches as all those before him. I Repeat, this is not his fault. Not his fault that for years he had to wrestle crappy big men, like King Kong Bundy, Mabel, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Hughes, Kama Mustafa, Giant Gonzalez, A-Train, Test, Big Show (before he got his shit together), etc etc etc. It's unfortunate, but in the first half of his career he didn't have many great matches, it wasn't until his feud with Mankind where his abilities could really be showcased.

10) Chris Jericho - Y2J is a legend in his own time. Night in and Night out he has some of the greatest matches. He truly has SAVED the WWE. Before he came back WWE was going to shit and as soon as he did come back it became interesting for me again. His mic skills are unmatched, his technique is flawless and he has some incredible and unique finishers. Very rarely do you see a bad Jericho match.......just this past Monday he had the only good match on the show. That's the level of Jericho's ability. Not to mention he probably has the greatest debut in WWE history.

Honorable mentions:

Chris Benoit - In the ring, one of the best. On the mic, he was mediocre at best and didn't have much going for him in terms of personality. Actually I thought his mic skills were better than people made them out to be, I thought they were better than Bret Harts, but Benoit didn't have the great catch phrases or personality of the Hitman.

Bam Bam Bigelow - If Undertaker is the greatest big man, than he is a close 2. So agile, moonsaults, flying headbutts, inzaguris, he was unreal. He took great bumps, had a fierce look and was extremely quick for his size. He could move like a cruiserwieght and unload the power of a heavyweight.

A classic Bam Bam moment: Tatanka starts dancing like he did, Bam Bam's hitting him and nothing is working. Finally Bam Bam does a inzaguri to the side Tatankas head while tatankas in motion and sends him to the mat. He did great little things like that, very misused. He would've made a great IC or World Champion.

Congratulations, you just made it onto Becca's Favourite New Posters list. Seriously, this is a really good list, I like the absence of Hogan - very brave on these forums. This is a list which you can hgive good arguments for all being on it, but is also characterised by your favourite wrestlers and I really like that as well.

Anyway, here's my list. I get bored of lists easily though, so this will probably only be a Top 5.

1. Shawn Michaels - The Icon. The Showstopper. Mr. Wrestlemania. Shawn has done it all in the business and has always, no matter what, gained my attention in the ring. He can have a great match with anyone, he has more 5* matches than anyone else I've seen and will go down as one of the greatest when he retires. Which will be a sad day for wrestling.

2. Kurt Angle
- The list changes quite often from this point on but Angle is always in the Top 5. One of the most technically gifted stars of recent times, he's another who has always interested me.

3. Bret Hart - The rumours of a Hart return have had my head spinning with excitement, despite knowing he'll probably never get in the ring again. I always wonder what would have happened with Hart had he not gone to the shit that was WCW. I think he'd be remembered as an even bigger star now and would have had even more great matches.

4. The Rock - Not normally this high up on my list but I've been re-watching a few WWE segments and The Rock is by far one of the greatest entertainers in the business. His promos are legendary and few can carry off the jokes he did in such a funny way.

5. Hulk Hogan - Because this list is Greatest, not your favourites, and I kind of only realised this now. Hogan is the guy we can thank for giving us the business as we know it. I've never been a fan of his promos or in-ring work, but that doesn't mean I don't respect him for making everyone else a fan.

1) Shawn Michaels - You think of someone who has had the ability to have great matches with just about anyone, you think of Shawn. You think of someone who has a been a pioneer in a number of popular matches that are still talked about to this day, you think of Shawn. You think of someone who will go down in history as a guy who gave it his all night in and night out for so many years, you think of Shawn. You think of someone who came back after four years out of action thanks to a bad back, you think of Shawn. Those are just a small number of reasons why Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler of all time. He is the total package in terms of in-ring ability, and from an entertainment stand-point he's also one of the very best. He's an inspiration and a man that will be awfully missed when he retires. Simply put, the greatest professional wrestler the world has ever seen.

2) The Rock - Along with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, Rocky is one of the few wrestlers that is known around the world, and is a house hold name. Everyone has at least heard of The Rock and maybe even seen him in action. The man was/is so damn entertaining. The majority of his promos are by far the best to date by any wrestler. It also helped that he was exciting in the ring, and no matter who he was facing, he had the crowd solidly behind him. When he was a face, he was a hero to both young and old fans alike. When he was a heel, he was the sort of bloke you just wanted to hit but still couldn't help but admire him for being so entertaining. That's how Rocky will be remembered, as the single most entertaining wrestler the world may ever see.

3) Ric Flair - One of the biggest regrets I have as a wrestling fan is never getting the chance to see Ric Flair wrestle. He was an amazing wrestler with an amazing look who was able to cut some of the most rememberable promos. Plus, in the later stages of his career, he was able to have some really good matches, the highlight being against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXIV. Not to say his matches in the 70's/80's and 90's weren't good, I'm just unfortuate enough not to of seen many of them, I really should Youtube them.

4) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin - This guy is without doubt the most badass professional wrestler of all time. He almost single handedly turned the tide of the Monday Night War between Nitro and Raw, simply because you just had to see what he'd do next! He was a tough son of a bitch who has had his fair share of injuries and setbacks and even an instance where he took his ball and went home, but he still remains one of the most popular WWE wrestlers of all time, if not the most popular.

5) Kurt Angle - In terms of technical ability, he's argueble the best wrestler the world has ever known. He still remains one of the best in the world, and has an all-round ability to be both technical and a strong son of a bitch in the ring. He has the ability to have incredible matches, he's won numberous World Championships and he's only been a pro roughly 10 years. Unbelieveable! He rightfully deserves a place in my Top 5, just for being so damn good!

6) Bret "The Hitman" Hart - He's only second to Angle as the best technical wrestler of all time. He, like Angle, had the ability to have some truly awesome matches. He, like Shawn Michaels, busted his ass night in and night out and was a true WWE Champion. He was a hero in his native Canada and in many respects was one of their most well known ambasitors. If he does return to the WWE, it would be one of the biggest things I've seen in years. In many respects I'd absolutely love it happen!

7) The Undertaker - The Deadman is without a shadow of doubt one of the most interesting characters in wrestling history. To this day, his character is shadowed in mystery and his gimmick has somehow managed the test of time. Admittaly his matches have been fairly average, however one of the most remarkable and rememberable matches in history involved him. His match with Mankind inside Hell in a Cell will remain one of the most talked about for many years to come. He's also the best big man in history. For someone who's nearly 7ft tall, some of the things he can do boggles the mind.

8) Hulk Hogan - As far as I'm concerned he was a fairly bad wrestler, but had such a huge following all over the world, no-one really gave a shit. Hulkamania will (probably) live forever, people will never forget the name Hulk Hogan. He was such a huge money maker and the first truly global professional wrestler in terms of the impact he made. His ability stops him from being any further up my list, but because he was/is so well known and was/is so popular, he has to be in any Top 10 list.

9) Eddie Guerrero - I was watching some of his old matches on Youtube a while back, and they reminded me just how good he really was. At times, he was second to none. So slick, so clever and really really entertaining. His death is still tragic even to this day, cause the world lost one of the best wrestlers of all time in his prime. May he forever rest in peace.

10) Chris Benoit - Putting aside what he did in June 2007, Chris was a truly great technical wrestler. He didn't really have a character or a gimmick, he was just 'a wrestler', and nothing but. Thankfully he was just awesome to watch in the ring.

1.) Ric Flair: The traditional territorial days of wrestling were really what gave a base for Pro Wrestling to explode. Without Ric Flair traveling around putting over other guys champions (in the process racking up the majority of his 16 world titles) wrestling never could have evolved. He had just as much charisma as Hogan and was a far better in-ring competitor.

2.) Hulk Hogan: The flipside of the Flair argument. Hogan carried the WWF throughout the 80's and early 90's. He did the same for WCW in the late 90's. His undeniable charisma and his ability to connect through with the fans during his matches with his character made him one of the all time greats. He was limited in his abilities however and ultimately became stale.

3.) Bret Hart: When Hogan took off for WCW Hart was his heir apparent. Hart was arguably the greatest technical wrestler of all time. He was able to draw reasonably and held the company up in between the Hogan era and the Attitude era. Because of this Hart deserves the spot of being number three.

4.) The Rock: The most charismatic individual in the history of wrestling. Along with Austin he carried the 90's for the WWF. But it was the combination not a sole one or the other which is why they're ranked below Hart. I give Rock a slight edge over Austin just because he was a bit more diverse. Crowds either loved or hated Rock. Everyone cheered Austin.

5.) "Stonecold" Steve Austin: He was the guy everyone could get behind (no homo) He was the man who told his boss to shove it for every american citizen who can't do so because of certain moral circumstances. He played off the Rock well and drew more money than anyone in history.

6.) Shawn Michaels: The greatest in-ring performer of all time. The Heartbreak Kid has put on more classic matches and more Wrestlemania moments than anyone I can think of in the history of the buisiness. He has an undeniable charisma and his return from his career ending back injury in 2002 to win the World Championship was a very motivational story.

7.) Sting: The man the Nature Boy chose to carry the torch when he passed it down. Unfortunately for Flair Sting grabbed it while he was still around and became a legendary figurehead in WCW as well as TNA.

8.) The Undertaker: Undefeated at Wrestlemania the phenom has struck fear into his opponents for over 20 years. He should also be credited with changing with the times time after time. He has changed his gimmick with slight alterations year after year as well as incorporate new submissions and moves into his repertoire to keep things fresh.

9.) Andre the Giant: The man who put over Hulk Hogan to make him the huge star he is today. There is no doubt in my mind that Andre's career would have been much greater had he not had giant syndrome and died young. The first giant set the standard.

10.) Triple H: The 13 time champion has been a centerpiece of the company for over ten years now. The Game has also been one of the most dominant wrestlers and is and should be credited for helping make the Attitude era great.

Honorable Mentions: Randy Savage,Ultimate Warrior,Kurt Angle.

My list...

1. Bret Hart: Bret Hart was simply the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He is just everyone you would want in a wrestler. The ring skills, the mic skills, the charisma, the attire, everything... he's just the full package. Plus, he comes from one of the best wrestling families of all time.

2. Chris Benoit: The best mat-based wrestler of all-time if you ask me. He was always my 2nd favorite wrestler, and all of his ring matches that I've seen has always put me in awe. He was such the perfect wrestler. He has the resume to prove it, but he double murder-suicide really messed that up.

3. Kurt Angle: Former Olyimpic gold medalist. I always had a tendency to believe that former amateur wrestlers are much better than most others... Kurt Angle? No exception. He knows how to sell punishment, just as much as he can dish out punishment. He's been in some of the best matches in WWE (and TNA) history.

4. Shawn Michaels: He's simply the greatest performer of all-time. Every aspect of the business, HBK perfects. Any wrestling style... HBK can do. Mat-based, high-flying, gimmick matches, submission... Shawn Michaels can do it all! ALL I SAY!!

5. Eddie Guerrero: He's pretty much a mixture of 2-4. He is great in all aspects of the business. He knows how to work the crowd, whether he's a heel or a face. He could put on a great match with nearly every wrestler in the WWE.

6. The Undertaker: He's been called the best big man in the business. I can't argue with that. He's very great in the ring, considering his size. He's always stayed in shape throughout his career. He's put on golden matches with several WWE superstars. He's always kept his character interesting to me, he's always trying to expand his arsenal... what more can you ask for? Oh, and he's undefeated at Wrestlemania!!

7. Lance Storm: Definitely one of the most talented and underrated wrestlers ever. He had a beautiful moveset in him, never running out of moves if he's ever in a long match. He had a very strong submission-based arsenal that can make you awe-inspired. Very, very underrated.

8. Ric Flair: For a man who's career lasted a total of 36 years, he deserves a spot on this list. Returning to wrestling after a life-threatening plane crash, which broke his back also gives him a spot on this list. He was a sold in-ring performer, and can really get the crowd's attention when he's on the mic. Definitely one of the best ever. Whoooo!

9. Curt Hennig: Definitely one of the best of his time. He made a great Intercontinental Champion in the past, which is why I'm very upset that "Mr. Perfect" never won the World Championship, in WWE or WCW. His in-ring skills was very unique, and unseen at the time.

10. Randy Savage: It was very difficult for me to pick this Number 10, but I finally made the decision. Randy Savage was just such a great performer. He simply oozes of charisma and has a very solid in-ring arsenal. Many, if not all of his promos have been just pure gold.

Some honorable mentions: Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Owen Hart, Iron Sheik, Tazz, Tito Santana, etc.

That's a young fan's list. Numbers 1 and 2, of a list of North American wrestlers since 1980, would be Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. When I have enough posts to start a thread, I'll draw a list.

My list of the all time greatest goes as follows :

10 - Triple H - The man is great at what he does. Sure I may be bashed for this but oh well. In my opinion he is one of the greats. I am one of those fans that truly believe he was destined for big things before his marriage to Stephanie. The man plays both heel and face amazingly well. He has come back from two quadriceps tears and I am amazed to see him go out there day in and day out. I love watching Triple H.

9 - Randy Savage - This man just oozed charisma. His promos were amazing to watch and so were his matches. He may not have been the most technical wrestler but he knew how to tell a story. He is one of the greatest of his time and of all time.

8 - Ric Flair - He's the only one I'm throwing on the list partially due to title reigns. The man is a 16 time World Champion. In his prime he was one of the best. He was a part of one of the best stables ever in the Four Horsemen.

7 - Bret Hart - If you wanted to see a wrestling clinic look no further then this man. Part of the famed Hart family and trained in the famed Hart Family Dungeon Bret was destined for greatness. He is one of the best mat technicians I have ever seen in this business. Everyone remembers him the Screwjob and leaving for WCW but I remember him for putting over Stone Cold Steve Austin.

6 - Stone Cold Steve Austin - This man was the attitude era in a nutshell. He was the hellraising and rule breaking S.O.B. everyone tuned in to see. He put on some amazing matches with The Rock in his prime. I loved it when he changed into the soft Stone Cold. It showed me that the man could do comedy too. Stone Cold is one of the greats and probably one of the biggest draws to ever be in the industry.

5 - Hulk Hogan - This man helped to put the then WWF on the map. He helped to put wrestling into mainstream media and helped make it what it is today. Many will say he is the greatest of all time but I don't quite feel like he is there. He was a bigger draw then Stone Cold and ruled the wrestling world for nearly a decade.

4 - The Undertaker - In my eyes you do not get much better then this. If you want to take nostalgia in the current age look no further. The Undertaker is the only one who still has that gimmick that is so out there but yet still believable. He is one of the best big men to ever lace up a pair of boots. He is 17 - 0 at Wrestlemania.

3 - The Rock - The most electrifying man in sports entertainment. There was never a dull moment with the Rock. Whether it be a small match with a no name or a big time feud with Stone Cold he knew how to draw you in. He is the most charismatic man to ever lace up the boots. He had many classics and is probably right below Austin with drawing power.

2 - Sting - The biggest draw to never work for Vince McMahon. Sting has an amazing legacy to under his belt. He is great in the ring even now at age 50 I believe. This man can tell a story in the ring like no other. He is another one that is so charismatic he just knows how to draw you in. I put Sting at # 2 for having never worked for Vince but yet if you are a wrestling fan you know who Sting is.

1 - Kurt Angle - The only Olympic Gold Medalist to ever grace a wrestling ring. He can put on a wrestling clinic just as well as Bret Hart could. Kurt has been a major part of the industry for the last 10 years. He has been a part of some of the most amazing matches I've ever seen and some of the better feuds of this decade in my opinion. He may potentially be a ticking time bomb but the man can wrestle like no other.

Remember guys, this is a list of the top ten GREATEST of all time. Not a list of your top ten FAVORITES of all time. With that said, I hate what I am about to do, but it is the god's honest truth.

1. Hulk Hogan: Come on! If this is a true list of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, then the the list has to start with the Hulkster. He brought wrestling into the mainstream. He is the biggest draw in the history of professional wrestling. Let's face it, Hulkamania is the most powerful force in the universe and will live forever. He was very average in the ring, however, he made you care about what was happening. He has to top any one's list of greatest of all time. He isn't my favorite wrestler ever, but this is an objective post and I have to be such.

2. Ric Flair: Quit simply the MAN. What else can be said about Ric? He was great in the ring, on the mic, and had some of the best matches ever. He is responsible for many of the legends that we recognize today. Even in his older years, he was able to remain entertaining and have some good matches. If I were being subjective about this, he would definitely be number one on my list.

3. Shawn Michaels: He never was a huge draw, but who cares? He has more than made up for that with his array of great and classic matches in his career. IMO, he is the greatest in ring performer that this business has ever seen. From his early years with Marty. To his legendary return to action to have some of the most storied matches of this decade. Simply put, Shawn Michaels is The Heartbreak Kid, The Showstopper, The Main Event, Mr. Wrestlemania, The Icon!

4. Stone Cold Steve Austin: If you want to talk about the most recognizable superstar from the Attitude Era, this is your man. SCSA nearly, single handedly won the Monday Night Wars. He is responsible for the second biggest boom period in professional wrestling history. He was even decent to watch in the ring. He wasn't the most technical guy in the world, but he knew how to work and the crowd always gave a shit about what he was doing. And that's the bottom line............ah who am I kidding?

5. The Rock: In his rightful place, don't you think? Right behind Stone Cold. The Rock more than deserves a spot on any top ten list. He is arguably the most entertaining wrestler the world has ever seen. He was definitely the best promo man in history. He was right there with Austin in the Attitude Era and some may even consider him better than Austin. I think that if he would have stuck around a little longer, he would have been better than Austin. He is The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment.

6. The Undertaker: Folks, it is no secret that 'Taker is my favorite of all time and if I were being completely selfish, he would have topped my list. You don't get to be called a Phenom for nothing. He was a main event level performer from the moment he stepped into the WWF/E. He has stood the test of time with his gimmick and remains one of the most beloved superstars ever. He is probably the most respected man in the wrestling business ever! At nearly 7ft tall he does things that no man his size should be able to do. I will admit, he didn't have the best matches in the early stages of his career, but how could he? When you are put in the ring against people like Yokozuna, Giant Gonzalez, Kamala, King Mable, and others, you can't expect classic encounters, however, he always made the fans care and that is the mark of a true worker. Since his return to the Deadman gimmick, he is having, what I consider the best run of his career. If this were a list of the top ten big men in wrestling, he would top it. Long live the Deadman!

7. Bret The Hitman Hart: The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be? Not exactly, but he was the Excellence of Execution. I have never seen anyone in wrestling have such great timing or technical know how as Bret Hart did. If you wanted to see a great wrestling match, you would watch a Bret Hart match. IMO, his career ended when he left the WWF/E. I do believe, however, that if he hadn't have left like he did, he could have very well went down on the list as the greatest of all time. Unfortunately though, Bret screwed Bret!

I'm sorry ladies and gents, I have nothing further to post on this list. These are who I consider the greatest of all time and I can't really decide on the last three. I think that I have a strong top 7 though. If anyone cares to finish my list, feel free.

That is all!

I think CB Punk and Undertaker'sFan have the most legitimate lists so far.

EDIT: I got warned for this post, so let me elaborate. I think the lists from the two posters I mentioned are the best because they most accurately reflect wrestlers relative position on such lists, don't include ridiculous names like Bam Bam Bigelow (who was a tremendous wrestler, but definitely not one of the 10 best in history), and also give a reasonable amount of perspective on the history of this era of wrestling. I'm putting together my own list, and it will likely resemble these guys lists.

Greatest so not favourite. Righteo then.

1) Hulk Hogan. He should be top of every single list. Without him half of us wouldn't be on this forum now. He put the entertainment factor into Wrestling, he carried the WWF in the 80's as a huge babyface, and he carried WCW when it was a major force as a heel.

2) Stone Cold. He did what Hogan did, just not as well. He arrived in the WWF at a very low point and managed to cause another wrestling boom. Many feel the attitude era was the greatest wwf era, some feel it has ruined wrestling in the long run. Whichever way you look at it, Austin did more than anyone to cause it.

3) The Rock. Austin did the leg work, The Rock carried it on. I enjoyed the Rock's work more than Austin's but there is no doubt that Austin was more significant. What the Rock did do well was have a successful run as the main face when Austin was out injured. That was a critical time for the WWE to stay well ahead and cause WCW to go bust, and the Rock was the man they ran with.

4)Sting. Hogan didn't do all of WCW's good work by himself, he was helped by a fantastic babyface who doesn't get the full credit he deserves from some quarters due to never joining the big WWE.

5) Ric Flair. He was massive wherever he went, and the send off he got from WM24, years and years after he left his prime, showed how well respected he is by everyone in the business. I wasn't a big fan of his work, but there is no doubting his greatness.

6) Randy Savage. He was the first man to win the title at WrestleMania other than Hulk Hogan. He also put on one of the greatest feuds in WrestleMania history with Mr. Hogan. He was successful in both the WWF and WCW. If it was not for Hulk Hogan, Savage would have been massive. He was to Hogan what Rock was to Austin for me.

7) Shawn Michaels. He was the man in the WWF for a fair amount of years, unlucky for him it was at a time when WCW were smashing WWF in the ratings. HBK has put on a host of top quality matches and been involved in many memorable feuds. He is one of the few people who has been around for years and has managed to stay at the very top. He's not as good as he was, but he's still one of the best currently working.

8) Triple H. A man who does not get as much credit as he deserves. He was the best heel in 2000, the year Austin missed most of due to his injury, and he had a great feud with The Rock which kept the WWF on top. Since then he has always been at the top of the company. He was a big part in making DX and Evolution two of the biggest stables in history. He is held back for not putting talent over often, but he does tend to do it when it matters, at WrestleMania. He is a victim of 'Taer's streak, he has put over Batista and Chris Benoit's first title wins and tapped to John Cena.

9) Andre the Giant. The defining moment of Hulkamania and WrestleMania revolved around this man. He was part of the biggest WrestleMania, the biggest WrestleMania moment, he basically put both the WWF and WrestleMania firmly on the map. Hogan gets all the credit, but he couldn't have done it without Andre.

10) Undertaker. Only tenth you say? Well, he has never really been the main man, rather one of the top men. When you look back on the major faces during his time it has been Hogan, Hart, HBK, Austin, Rock, Lesnar, Cena and HHH. 'Taker has never led the company over a long period of time for me. However, he has been a great company man. No one ever speaks out in public about 'Taker and no one seems to have a negative opinion on him. His WrestleMania streak is a great storyline, but it has got to the stage where 'Taker is extremely important then, but an afterthought the rest of the year. Obviously not during this moment in time though.

Cena will be on this list very soon and 'Taker will probably get moved higher up next time. Depends what mood I'm in.

The greatest? I'm guess it's by who we believe is the greatest. So here we go...

1. Hogan, no one did more for the business than Hogan. It was him that took wrestling on his back and made it popular. Let's think about even more, he was a dominate face for over ten years, then sparked the attitude era in WWF when he turned heel, causing WCW to start to win the ratings war. Without Hogan you wouldn't have the likes of The Rock, or Austin.

This is where some people may get mad at me.

2. The Rock. No one has ever reached the level of greatness on the mic that this man did. The man could do it all, in my mind was the greatest pure entertainer that this business has ever seen. He had the ability to get someone to hate him one moment and love him the next. In my mind he is in class of his own. Now he's behind Hogan because Hogan brought wrestling to the level it was when Rock came in. Anyone who believes that Rocky sold out is mistaken. He paid his dues and he continues to come back every now and again to do something.

3. Stone Cold. The man became one of the biggest stars to ever hit wrestling. The man was an icon. One each and every fan could rally behind when he was taking on Vince. Truly a legend and one of the best that there ever was.

4. Sting. Without a doubt the greatest wrestler that has never stepped foot inside a WWE ring. Before Hogan came on the scene at WCW it was Sting that carried that company. As well Hogan would have never become as big as a heel as he did if it wasn't for the build up between himself and Sting for Starcade 97. That was when Sting was at his peak. Sting is one of the best in ring workers to ever come around.

5. Ric Flair. This man could put on a great match, but what seperates him from the top three is the fact he didn't change wrestling. He was one hell of a wrestler, don't get me wrong. Without Hogan, Flair would have never become the star that he is today. That why he comes in where he does.

6. Shawn Michaels. He is one of the greatest in ring performers to ever step foot in the ring. While he has become stale as of late. No one could touch Shawn in the 90s. There was not a better performer in the ring than him. He would go out night after night and put on a great match. I still wonder what he could have done had he not gotten injured. Though the reason that he isn't high on this list is the fact that he couldn't draw. As great as he was, he could draw a crowd to save his life.

7. Randy Savage. I only have to say go look at his match with Ricky Steamboat at wrestlemania 3. You don't believe that he's one of the greatest at that point than I don't know if you have any sense at all.

8. The Undertaker. He has been the glue of the WWE for the past ten years. He can go out and put on a great match. He's beyond a shadow of a doubt the best big man to ever get in a ring. He has had some of the greatest moment in the company by far.

9. Bret Hart, I think that Bret is great, but he never did much. Yes he was great in the ring, and yes he could put on a great match, but he didn't have the it factor that many of the guys above have. Great worker, but not the overall package.

10. Triple H, this man in my opinion pull the best matches out of The Rock, and Austin. Really helped push the Attitude era with DX. He has to be considered as one of the greatest for some of the great matches he has put on, as well as some of the work that he does backstage. Yes, a lot of hate him for that, but he's earned my respect for it.

PARADOX, it is time for you to go one on one with the evil one once again.

First off, The Rock as number two? Really? Austin should be ahead of The Rock just for the reason that Austin is second biggest draw in wrestling history. Also, it was Austin that got the Attitude Era up and running. I agree that The Rock was right beside Austin from probably '99 to '01, but Austin is the main reason that WWE won the Monday Night Wars.

Secondly, did you really say that without Hogan, Ric Flair wouldn't have been as big as he was? Come on! Ric Flair was selling out arenas across the globe while Hulk Hogan was sucking dick in Japan and in the AWA. Also, to put Sting above the man that made him what he was is just ridiculous. Flair should be number two on any one's list.

Other than that, your list looks pretty solid.

That is all!

PARADOX, it is time for you to go one on one with the evil one once again.

Deal...

First off, The Rock as number two? Really? Austin should be ahead of The Rock just for the reason that Austin is second biggest draw in wrestling history. Also, it was Austin that got the Attitude Era up and running. I agree that The Rock was right beside Austin from probably '99 to '01, but Austin is the main reason that WWE won the Monday Night Wars.

Really? What verity did Austin bring to his character? Not much of nothing that I can remember. He cut the same promo every time he came out whether as a heel or face. Rock on the other hand was one of the most original men to ever step foot in the ring. I don't remember one man that Rock didn't work well with. Where Austin couldn't work with some men. Austin was not the main reason they won the Monday Night Wars. There where a slew of men that put WWE over WCW and Austin was one of those... I completely disagree with the fact that it was Austin that got the Attitude Era started. It as DX who started pushing the envelope. Austin then took the ball and keep going alongside the Rock, Triple h, 'Taker, Kane, and McMahon.

Secondly, did you really say that without Hogan, Ric Flair wouldn't have been as big as he was?

Yeah I did...

Come on! Ric Flair was selling out arenas across the globe while Hulk Hogan was sucking dick in Japan and in the AWA.

Really? hmm, and what did Flair do on a global level? He didn't make wrestling popular to the mainstream. Sure he was big in AWA, but that's it. Hogan took wrestling to places it had never seen. Did Flair do that? No, anyone in wrestling would not have reached the level they did had it not been for Hogan. Flair falls into that category.

Also, to put Sting above the man that made him what he was is just ridiculous. Flair should be number two on any one's list.

Ok, name me one match in the last 10 years, besides Mania 24 that was a good match by Flair. Oh and one he carried. Sting as old as he's getting can still carry a match and put on a great show. Flair couldn't. While he was great in his prime. When he decided to stay around he hurt himself in my book. As Flair was iconic, Sting surpassed that when he became Crow Sting. We had never seen anything like it. That's why.

Other than that, your list looks pretty solid.

I thought so too.

That is all!

is this like your new signature? Because it's kinda lame...

Thanks for coming have a nice day.... nah

You have no idea how much I have missed you. Honestly, it is a pleasure.

Really? What verity did Austin bring to his character? Not much of nothing that I can remember. He cut the same promo every time he came out whether as a heel or face. Rock on the other hand was one of the most original men to ever step foot in the ring. I don't remember one man that Rock didn't work well with. Where Austin couldn't work with some men. Austin was not the main reason they won the Monday Night Wars. There where a slew of men that put WWE over WCW and Austin was one of those... I completely disagree with the fact that it was Austin that got the Attitude Era started. It as DX who started pushing the envelope. Austin then took the ball and keep going alongside the Rock, Triple h, 'Taker, Kane, and McMahon.

You want to talk about cutting the same promo all of the time as a heel or a face and you have the audacity to say that Austin did this and not put it on The Rock? Let's take a refresher course shall we? "Finally, The Rock as come back to........" "And The Rock means......" "It doesn't matter........" "Your rudy poo candy ass......." "Let The Rock say this......." "The Rock says......." "monkey ass........" "Know your role BLVD......" "Jabroni AVE........" "Smackdown Hotel......." "Lay the smackdown......" "Shine it up real nice, turn that sum bitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass........." "The most electrifying man in sports entertainment........" "The most electrifying move in sports entertainment........" "You will understand why The Rock is the great one, why The Rock is the chosen one, and why The Rock is the best damn WWF Champ there ever was........" "If you smellalalalalalalalalal what The Rock is cooking." And we would hear this from The Rock each and every single mic session.

Stone Cold Steve Austin was the driving force of the WWE at that point in time. He was the one cussing, showing the middle finger, and drinking beer on television. I agree that The Rock, DX, 'Taker, Mankind, and Kane were all important, none as important as The Rock though. However, not even he was as important as Austin.

Yeah I did...

I was hoping you didn't.

Really? hmm, and what did Flair do on a global level? He didn't make wrestling popular to the mainstream. Sure he was big in AWA, but that's it. Hogan took wrestling to places it had never seen. Did Flair do that? No, anyone in wrestling would not have reached the level they did had it not been for Hogan. Flair falls into that category.

Sure Hogan took it mainstream and that is why he is number one, however, Flair was World Champ way before Hogan was even a contender. Flair carried the Wrestling industry in America before Hogan came along.

Hogan got it to national TV but he in know way made Flair.

Ok, name me one match in the last 10 years, besides Mania 24 that was a good match by Flair. Oh and one he carried. Sting as old as he's getting can still carry a match and put on a great show. Flair couldn't. While he was great in his prime. When he decided to stay around he hurt himself in my book. As Flair was iconic, Sting surpassed that when he became Crow Sting. We had never seen anything like it. That's why.

Sure, Flair hasn't been above average in the twilight of his career, but if Flair hadn't agreed to drop to title to Sting in the NWA, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Sting owes everything that he has to Flair. Sting has even said it before.

Flair>Sting.

I thought so too.

It was overall good. Did you like mine?

is this like your new signature? Because it's kinda lame...

I kind of like it.

Thanks for coming have a nice day.... nah

You're right.....nah.

That is all!

You have no idea how much I have missed you. Honestly, it is a pleasure.

Yeah, ok sure.... lol I've missed arguing with you on here, but I'm on break now so You'll be getting a lot of me.

You want to talk about cutting the same promo all of the time as a heel or a face and you have the audacity to say that Austin did this and not put it on The Rock? Let's take a refresher course shall we? "Finally, The Rock as come back to........" "And The Rock means......" "It doesn't matter........" "Your rudy poo candy ass......." "Let The Rock say this......." "The Rock says......." "monkey ass........" "Know your role BLVD......" "Jabroni AVE........" "Smackdown Hotel......." "Lay the smackdown......" "Shine it up real nice, turn that sum bitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass........." "The most electrifying man in sports entertainment........" "The most electrifying move in sports entertainment........" "You will understand why The Rock is the great one, why The Rock is the chosen one, and why The Rock is the best damn WWF Champ there ever was........" "If you smellalalalalalalalalal what The Rock is cooking." And we would hear this from The Rock each and every single mic session.

Yes, I know that he had a butt load of catch phrases, that's what made him popular. However, Rock was original. He could come on to the mic and take a crowd completely captive. You cannot deny that. Austin could as well, but to me in there feuds, it was Rock that helped develop the feud more so than Austin.

Stone Cold Steve Austin was the driving force of the WWE at that point in time. He was the one cussing, showing the middle finger, and drinking beer on television. I agree that The Rock, DX, 'Taker, Mankind, and Kane were all important, none as important as The Rock though. However, not even he was as important as Austin.

I'm not going to lie that's what got Austin over, but. That's all he did. He wasn't original after that. Rock was. They both had their catch phrases, though Rock had something that Austin didn't have. Rock didn't have to come out drink beer, and flip the boss off and do what everyone wanted to do to get over. Rock got over as a face first, which is harder. Where Austin came in as a heel and didn't get over. (ringmaster). When the fans turned on the Rock, he took it and ran with it. Listen if it wasn't for Austin's feud with McMahon, he would have become as big as he did. Rock became big with out that.

I was hoping you didn't.

I did.

Sure Hogan took it mainstream and that is why he is number one, however, Flair was World Champ way before Hogan was even a contender. Flair carried the Wrestling industry in America before Hogan came along.

I don't care when he was world champ and how many times he was, if that's the case then Flair would be number one. He's not, because he's not the greatest. Flair carried the industry, yeah so did Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart. Look what they did? Wrestling went back to the way it was before Hogan. Oh and that's when Flair was carrying it.

Hogan got it to national TV but he in know way made Flair.

Did I say that? No, I said that without Hogan Flair would not have reached the popularity that he did. We both know that. As good as Flair was, he would never have reached the level he did had it not been for Hogan, because Hogan made the business. Flair carried it, and Hogan made it what we all know it as.

Sure, Flair hasn't been above average in the twilight of his career, but if Flair hadn't agreed to drop to title to Sting in the NWA, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Sting owes everything that he has to Flair. Sting has even said it before.

And that's why Flair is below Sting. It's the greatest wresters of all time. I look at every aspect. Flair hurt himself when he decided to stay around and not be as good as he was. While Sting has stayed around and still showed that he can still go, and Carry a Match. Flair couldn't thus he drops. I love Flair, but he hurt himself in my book when stayed longer than he should. Many aren't going to remember him for what he did back in the 70s 80s and 90s when he was in his prime, because we have picture in our heads over this old man getting the shit kicked out of him at every turn. Sorry that's a fact.

It was overall good. Did you like mine?

It was ok...

I kind of like it.

well duh...

You're right.....nah.

yep

That is all!

Know your role and shut your mouth.... I like that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back