TNA's "New Investor" Storyline Discussion; Is Jarrett Leaving a Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now last night on TNA it was mentioned by Dixie that the American Wolves were signed by a new investor.

Now when Jeff Jarrett had announced that he was done with TNA I remember reading a tweet from Dixie Carter.

"Dixie said, “On behalf of TNA, we would like to thank Jeff for his contributions to the Company. We wish him the very best and look forward to his continued participation as an investor in TNA Wrestling.”

Now we have this story line about a INVESTOR signing talents. Could it all be a work, and that Jarrett is still with TNA?

Or is it all a coincidence?

Or does someone in TNA want us to *think* it's a work.

I think that Dixie Carter believes that blurring the line between work and shoot brings interest.

This could mean that Jarrett/Styles/STing leaving is a work, or that TNA just wants us to think that maybe it's a work.

It's also possible that there is no contract with Jarrett (or Styles), but they figure the door is still open. And if Styles or JArrett don't come back, the "investor" could be Mick Foley or Jenna Morasca or Booker T.

I hope so. TNA can use Jeff Jarrett back. I absolutely hated him as a wrestler but on mic he is gold as a heel. I was patiently waiting for him to show up as the power behind aces and 8's but TNA made a bad mistake by listening to the IWC and scrapping those plans.

My God, you people are dodo birds. Stop and think for a second. TNA has never faked a resignation. When Matt Morgan and Devon left, they were genuinely out of a contract until they decided to resign. It's why Pritchard was fired.

Add to that, he was already "fired" from TNA TV all the way in 2011. Just what reason is there for the man to fake being fired when we already thought he was fired? It doesn't take rocket science. Jeff left because he is getting more involved with something else. Presumably AAA's relationship with El Rey Network and Robert Rodriguez. The company does need experts on backstage work that know English and Jeff happens to be a big part of the promotion

Dixie stated publicly in her statement when Jarret resigned that he was still a minority investor with the company. So he isn't completely gone from TNA.

TNA is not a great wrestling promotion, but I highly doubt it would book an angle that went along the lines of, "our company is not doing great and our biggest stars and founder have decided it's a safer bet to be working the Indys." Why would anyone with common sense bury their own business? Maybe afew fans will enjoy the blurred lines, but investors and advertisers will catch wind and run. I can't imagine a worse storyline in histor-that's why I doubt it's a work.

I said it in the LD and I'll say it here.

It could be possible they could use Billy Corgan as the "investor" just to mess with the dirt sheets and those of us on the internet.

For a few days the idea of Billy buying the company was a pretty big deal.
I know the casuals probably don't know anything about that stuff but wrestling at times has been known to take direct or indirect shots at the internet.

Dixie had a tweet to Billy when all that was going on and I think Billy responded to it but I don't remember 100% on that.

Is it at least possible they could have gotten together to work out a story line?

I'm not trying to say 100% it's Billy but I do think it would be interesting.

If it is Jeff Jarrett I really really hope they don't do the whole Jeff is announced as the investor (even though he's already been publicly announced as an investor in that Dixie tweet) and he comes back as a face authority figure to battle Dixie's heel role.

No matter who it is I kind of see that happening anyway but I really don't want to.

Likely it would just lead to two stables. Dixie's supporters and those wronged by Dixie and we've seen enough stables in TNA for a while.

outside the box idea... I think its MVP... rumors are hes joining, he owns the gimmick, he had the kayfabe biggest deal in SD history. He's been in Japan long enough that he doesn't seem like a WWE reject.... I really think it could be him

Hmm. This investor storyline has me intrigued. It's definitely for a Face Authority to come in and knock #TeamDixieland down a couple of pegs. Don't really think it's Jarrett though.

What if...it's AJ Styles? He comes back to take control of "The House That AJ Built"? AJ/Dixie is a ready-made feud, and AJ can be the guy to "bring Jeff Hardy back" as his top ally. I really like this, hope they run with it. If not...then I look forward to who it's gonna be.

I know Jeff I work in the same building as the TNA office Haven't seen him in weeks doubt its a work

Yeah, you're believeable with one post to your account and a join date in January 2014. *roll eyes*

First off, I like that TNA is making an effort to blur the lines between kayfabe and reality, this is the first time in a while where no one really knows where they are going. While swerving the dirt sheets does nothing to increase ratings or fan base (people who browse dirt sheets likely already view the product frequently), it does put some of the mystique back into wrestling and will make you want to tune in, although TNA is going to kill THAT because they tape shows like 4 episodes at a time, so people would just read spoilers . . . imagine the Punk angle being filmed 4 episodes at a time . . . you'd give in and read the results, do something else Monday night and then watch it on YouTube.

However, as far as the angle, most likely, it's just gonna be an on-screen change, because no one would legitimately be able to buy into a company that big under the table without a legitimate press release. And TNA legitimately needs a real life buyer.

I'd be pretty underwhelmed if on-screen it's Tommy Dreamer or Jeff Jarrett and his country singer friend.

Overall, I'm tired of authority figures and power struggles in TNA. If you can't suspend your disbelief enough to not need a fake boss for a fake fighting show, you are too sophisticated for pro wrestling lol.

If Sting back I could see him being the "Investor" It would work well with him being a part-time wrestler these days. Storyline wise he could say it's why he was so confident in putting his contract on the line. AJ styles is also a possibility. I'll give TNA credit, I'm curious to see how this turns out. I'll be pretty disappointed if it turns out to be MVP though.

I'm guessing they (TNA Creative) don't know who their "new investor" is going to be.

Plan A is that sooner or later, either Jarrett or Styles or Sting will come back, and they can use him. Of Jeff Hardy, who I think is still actually under contract. He has WWE money so say it's him.

Plan B is pretty much pull something out of their butts. Go back to the reality-show rejects bin again for another Survivor or Bachelorette contestant. Or find any old WWE-WCW-ECW midcarder and bring them in and say they have financial backers.

Stupid thought--Ted Dibiase Jr is now unemployed.

Not sure where this new infestor angle is going. Not sure about Double J coming back. I have read he has interest in working with AAA Mexico in some position. Don't know if that's true or false. This angle seems to be a way to introduce new talent to the audience. Hopefully this doesn't drag on like the Aces & Eights. Whoever this investor is. Hopefully someone worthy of the title. If it's Double J. I'm cool with that. But hopefully it's something shocking and not a dumb pick. Hoping this is not drawn out way to long and becomes stale and there looking for ways to kill the angle way to late. TNA should have a story written beginning middle end before they start a storyline IMO

With the partnership with Wrestle1. I think this could be a great angle and also brings Wrestle1 to the american fans. Also brings talent that TNA doesn't have to spend large amounts of cash on. If the signing of MVP is true. Keiji's connections to Japan. This could work. Keiji speaks good english. Could be the leader and speaker for the Wrestle1 Wrestlers. If Double J is gone. Not sure the partnership still stands. Davey Richards has wrestled in Japan to. But wishful thinking on my part. Been a huge Mutoh fan for years. Just one fans personal wish that this happens

I liked the old Infestors back in the SC2 beta, back when Neural Parasite didn't break at range. Now they're basically Fungal Growth bots.

Take note staff, that's technically an opinion.

Kenji Mutoh, would be sweet if he is the guy I am thinking (Great Muta). Him and Sting have history together, so there is a way to introduce him. I am not sure how many TNA fans remember this.

Jeff Jarret, I do not want to see as the "investor" but the guy who got the investor to get involved.

Kenji Mutoh, would be sweet if he is the guy I am thinking (Great Muta). Him and Sting have history together, so there is a way to introduce him. I am not sure how many TNA fans remember this.

Jeff Jarret, I do not want to see as the "investor" but the guy who got the investor to get involved.

Yeah Keniji and Sting have had feuds back in NWA and WCW. Sting and The Great Muta had great matches from those days. Your right most younger fans don't remember The Great Muta's tenure in NWA and WCW. Some might. I hope if Double J isn't gone for good. He's not the investor. I'd like to see someone come from the outside. Preferably Keiji Mutoh. But hopefully it's somebody that fits the roll

According to tonight's cryptic Wolves promo, "the investor" is going to be revealed next week.

I didn't think they'd do the reveal this quickly, so that's actually somewhat concerning for me based on the names we've seen hit the rumor mill (MVP, Dreamer, etc), but I'm still pumped to see how they handle this from an overall perspective. They've got a great opportunity to hit the reset button pretty hard, and really give the fan base something to work with. Just gotta come through on it.

[YOUTUBE]lRAYE8MAJfY[/YOUTUBE]

I think it depends on if the invester in the storyline is also a real invester. If it's just a storyline invester, then I can see it being the wrestle 1 guys, Hulk Hogan or Eric Bishoff.

Now as far as real life TNA investers who are going to be on TV, then 2 folks jump to mind for me and one might be unbelievable. The first is Jeff Jarrett. He is currently an investor in TNA and there was that story that hit all the wrestling websites about Jarrett leaving TNA. To most people that means he cut all ties with TNA, so the Jeff Jarrett resigning from TNA could be a work.

Now my second person for a real TNA invester who might also be the storyline invester might have some of you wondering what the hell I'm smoking and if I was dropped on my head as a baby. But I'll lay out my reasoning. The person I'm talking about is Shane McMahon.

The reasoning goes as follows.

He's no longer part of the WWE, or at least I never heard of him returning to the WWE in any capacity. He's been around the wrestling business all of his life and he's currently the chairman of You on Demand over in China.

For years, Shane has been called the heir apparent to Vince, but now it seems like Stephanie will inherit the WWE. Truth be told the writing was on the wall that Stephanie was going to going to be running the WWE after Vince finally hangs it up.

Shane might want to invest in a wrestling organization in the US to compete with the WWE and right now that would be TNA. They are pretty well known world wide, have at least national television, if not a global television presence. Plus you add the possibility fo TNA being in China, which TNA doesn't have a Chinese presence, due to his connection with You on Demand.

I think it depends on if the invester in the storyline is also a real invester. If it's just a storyline invester, then I can see it being the wrestle 1 guys, Hulk Hogan or Eric Bishoff.

Now as far as real life TNA investers who are going to be on TV, then 2 folks jump to mind for me and one might be unbelievable. The first is Jeff Jarrett. He is currently an investor in TNA and there was that story that hit all the wrestling websites about Jarrett leaving TNA. To most people that means he cut all ties with TNA, so the Jeff Jarrett resigning from TNA could be a work.

Now my second person for a real TNA invester who might also be the storyline invester might have some of you wondering what the hell I'm smoking and if I was dropped on my head as a baby. But I'll lay out my reasoning. The person I'm talking about is Shane McMahon.

The reasoning goes as follows.

He's no longer part of the WWE, or at least I never heard of him returning to the WWE in any capacity. He's been around the wrestling business all of his life and he's currently the chairman of You on Demand over in China.

For years, Shane has been called the heir apparent to Vince, but now it seems like Stephanie will inherit the WWE. Truth be told the writing was on the wall that Stephanie was going to going to be running the WWE after Vince finally hangs it up.

Shane might want to invest in a wrestling organization in the US to compete with the WWE and right now that would be TNA. They are pretty well known world wide, have at least national television, if not a global television presence. Plus you add the possibility fo TNA being in China, which TNA doesn't have a Chinese presence, due to his connection with You on Demand.

First off, I think it's clearly a storyline investor. Not exactly something they would really want to play out on television. Secondly, I don't see any possible way it's Hogan &, or Bischoff. According to reports it's pretty much a done deal that Hogan is heading back to the WWE. I think Hogan & Bischoff are package deal so that rules him out too. Personally, I think it could be AJ Styles, or Sting, though that is starting to look less likely.

I'm not going to be surprised if it's Jarrett. Battle to get the company back, etc. At which point, I think we see an AJ return. Honestly, this makes the most sense to me.

However, I think TNA is really hitting the reset button and we are going get a new Major player in TNA. Probably MVP, but I don't see the connection to the Wolves. MVP was good on the mic and I always thought he was going to be a world champ in WWE. I'd love to see that one.

Another thought is that we may see Steve Borden. The contract was for Sting. Maybe he comes in as the investor as his real life persona.

Where I'd really mark out though is if Jericho showed up. No way it's happening. I think we'd know about it if it was him.

Given how bad TNA is at keeping secrets Id think we would already know if it was an outsider. So, I'm going Jarrett or Sting.

One way or another, I think we all need to credit TNA with keeping this one pretty close to the vest. We're what, two days out from the reveal, and we're still guessing (randomly, I'd say) as to who this might be? Major kudos to them for how well they've been able to keep this under wraps.

MVP, Sting, Shane McMahon, Keiji Mutoh, Jeff Jarrett, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff... is there anyone else I'm missing from the list? Oh, right — Vince Russo too!

Hell I want to give TNA credit for actually revealing who it will be instead of a dragged out mystery angle. But I'm certainly excited, I've been digging Impact since the "reset" and I really want to see this momentum continue this week and with both the reveal and the Wolves it gives me a lot of incentive to watch. I don't think it will be Sting because he flat out denied any knowledge and his character is one of integrity but that doesn't mean the investor can't bring him back. JJs been gone long enough that it could be satisfying seeing him again it would be sweet if they played up the fact that while in Mexico he gained some AAA contacts and we could get some new talent via exchanges but alas we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back