TNA Winnipeg, Round 1, Match 8: #22 John Bradshaw Layfield vs. #43 Chavo Guerrero Jr

JBL vs. Chavo Jr.

• JBL

• The Gopher

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The follwing match takes place in the TNA Region inside of the six sided ring from Winnipeg, MB

#22. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
John+Bradshaw+Layfield-wwe.jpg

vs.

#43. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
bg.jpg

This match has happened at least once and Chavo won because it was the Eddie Tribute Show. Outside of that, Chavo is a career midcarder if he's lucky. JBL, as much as I can't stand him, has been a main eventer for awhile and is currently one of the upper midcarders. This isn't close at all. Chavo can jump around all he wants, but he's going to get caught and JBL moves on.

I like both of these guys and actually think it would be close, but JBL will prove to be too much for Chavo, and the Closeline from Hell will win it.

I can't let a mess like JBL move on. Chavo is a great worker, and anyone who saw him in WCW (pre-MIA) would agree. He's put on a lot of good matches, and can mat wrestle if his speed is negated, which it is here.

JBL has some fancy punches, and a cheap clothesline, but that's it. Chavo will be able to keep the match even, and then hit the Three Amigos for a win.

I go with JBL getting the win in a close fight due his clothesline from hell, it'll probably go like this Chavo goes for the three Amigos JBL slips out f the third and BAM Clothesline from Hell hits again.

THis is the besat arena for Chavo's style, but he still won't overcome JBL. The JBL of a few years ago beat allcomers and he will clothesline Chavo's head off after a closely fought match.

I can't let a mess like JBL move on. Chavo is a great worker, and anyone who saw him in WCW (pre-MIA) would agree. He's put on a lot of good matches, and can mat wrestle if his speed is negated, which it is here.

JBL has some fancy punches, and a cheap clothesline, but that's it. Chavo will be able to keep the match even, and then hit the Three Amigos for a win.

alright, Let me get this straignt. you are going to have a career nobody beat the best heel in wrestling today? JBL would win this match in under three minutes. JBL is stronger and simply better. Chavo has done nothing except make a career out of beating cruiserweights and getting beat by Kane in like 5 seconds at last years WM. JBL wins this match with a Clothesline from hell around the 3 minute mark.

Reactions: NSL
On one hand you have JBL whose brawling style can wear anybody down in the ring. He's hated about the way he wrestles but that's what a heel is supposed to do.

On the other hand you have Chavo. He mixes lucahdor wrestling with decent mat wrestling. He has that lie, cheat, and steal mentality and never gets to show off his skills which haven't declined in my opinion.

The one advantage JBL has over Chavo is that he has more resources. Thorought JBL's title reign he will always have somebody to help him get wins over Kurt Angle, Big Show, Undertaker, and Guerrero among others. It will be a great match but I see JBL sneaking out of this with the victory as he was known to do.

I actually feel dirty for saying it, but JBL wins this. Chavo has always put on more entertaining matches than JBL, but I think I could probably put on more entertaining matches than JBL. His finisher hasn't been a finisher for about 60 years, but it works for him.

JBL at his most dominant was World Champion for a long time, and Chavo was the most lacklustre ECW champion ever, somehow managing to look worse than Punk despie beating him clean eventually.

JBL would win this one, but Chavo would get in a bit of offense. JBL had a match against Kofi Kingston last year, and it's be a bit like that. Back and forth, before a clothesline from hell from nowhere, JBL wins.

This match has happened at least once and Chavo won because it was the Eddie Tribute Show.

Still beat him though didn't he. Hell, if I looked I could probably find a Los Guerreros vs. APA match where Chavo & Eddie win yet again.

JBL could win, obviously. But Chavo has proven that he can beat JBL. The same can't be said for the other way round.

Still beat him though didn't he. Hell, if I looked I could probably find a Los Guerreros vs. APA match where Chavo & Eddie win yet again.

JBL could win, obviously. But Chavo has proven that he can beat JBL. The same can't be said for the other way round.

Well Chavo better hope another Guerrero dies and he gets to face JBL on a tribute show, because that's the only way Chavo wins here. Chavo sucks, period. NSL, I know you're trying, but Chavo sucked in WCW to. He was never that good, and he was always in the shadow of Eddie. Chavo only ever rose after the main stars of that division moved up in the ranks and the next wave of cruisers entered.

I hate JBL. The man is one giant, heaving, spewing pile of shit. He is a terrible heel, and an even worse wrestler, but I respect his size, I respect his power, and damn it, he's a grand slam winner. Grand Slam Winners are few and far between, as there have been only ten, and that's enough for me to vote the tubby pile of goo over the little Guerrero that couldn't.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of each man's prime. In his prime, Guerrero was a perennial contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, not a lackey for Vickie Guerrero and a jobber to the likes HHH and Cena. On the other hand, in his athletic prime, JBL was nothing more than part of a jobber tag team, whether it be the New Blackjacks or The APA (yes, I am aware that he held the Tag Team titles with Ron Simmons on more than one occasion, but everyone and their mother got a shot with these belts during the Attitude Era).

Some people may consider JBL to be a great heel now, but this is where we must draw the line between being an entertainer and a wrestler. JBL is the perfect example of how you can get yourself over on nothing but mike work (Dusty Rhodes was his predecessor in this respect). Thus, I do not consider him a great wrestler. And, I'm going with Chavo FTW.

I think everyone hasn't really considered the effect that being in a TNA ring will have on this competition, i think chavo would thrive with the extra space and extra side to propel himself round and and much need snap to his fairly impressive offence. JBL on the other hand may just have a heart attack trying to move around in that situation, although it may also assist him in delivering a few of those high impact clothelines that he likes to throw out before he runs out of breath.

Once again a thread brings up the question on how you determine what one's prime is now, for some of JBL's fans this time currently could be considered his prime, while others may cite either his WWE reign or APA day's. In Kayfabe, JBL in his prime would prob bring the cabinet, but Chavo has Eddie, Rey, Benoit and prob a few others that he's been aligned with or been aligned through his uncle Eddie.

So if someone can give me a really good arguement on how JBl's in ring ability will defeat a Chavo in his prime, i'm voting the Gopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back