TNA still going to be one hr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DakotaDave

The November 16th premier is the only show that is going to be 2 hours...Then going back to the one hour slot at its new time 9pm est/ 8 central the next week.

Per TNA.com:

TNA also announced it will premier in prime-time on SPIKE TV starting Thursday, November 16th, kicking-off with a 2 hr extravaganza from 9-11 pm, ET/PT to celebrate the move. The following Thursday, TNA can be seen in it regularly scheduled time slot (9-10pm ET/PT), with encores continuing to telecast on Saturdays (11pm - Midnight ET/PT).

When Vince Russo came to the WCW, he turned that from a one hour show to a two hour show in less than three months. I think he'll do the same thing with TNA. I'll bet you the new deal will happen maybe even before the new time change.

iamwrestling said:
When Vince Russo came to the WCW, he turned that from a one hour show to a two hour show in less than three months. I think he'll do the same thing with TNA. I'll bet you the new deal will happen maybe even before the new time change.
Uh..I watched WCW from '95 - til its buy-out, and from what I remember; Russo came long after it was a two hr show.

Darn straight thats wrong! WCW Nitro had always been a two-three hr show...Especially; looooong before Russo! They are right that he didnt come to WCW till '99. But from what I remember NITRO was 3 hrs before him. He was the reason WCW lost ratings close to its sale.

TNA! i sure hope sting wins!!! Long Live the Sting! Boomer Sooner!

sevastra said:
Yeah, that article is wrong. Nitro was two hours well before 1999...

That article was crap. You are right, I don't remember Nitro being less than 2 hours.

Nitro actually was only one hour when it started. They ran live so the NWO segments ran over too many times with the run-ins, so TNT just cleared them for an additional hour around 96-97. That was the reason WWF had to switch and expand Raw. WCW was generating an extra hour worth of revenue from advertising and ratings and had much more time to lay out storylines for big monthly PPVs and develop things like the cruiserweights properly. At the time WWF was still into doing the discounted In Your House series of PPVs that were second fiddle to the major events. WCW began doing solid buyrates for every PPV each month because of this, so WWF followed suit and eventually phased out the In Your House moniker from its events. Then in I think later in 1997 was when WCW switched to the 3 hour block (which sucked because they didn't have but maybe one extra match...just more commercials and storyline crap) before finally scaling it back a short time later.

Kasey.. Then in I think later in 1997 was when WCW switched to the 3 hour block (which sucked because they didn't have but maybe one extra match...just more commercials and storyline crap) before finally scaling it back a short time later.

It was running 3 hrs as long as I can remember, and they never shortened it.

DakotaDave said:
The November 16th premier is the only show that is going to be 2 hours...Then going back to the one hour slot at its new time 9pm est/ 8 central the next week.

Per TNA.com:

TNA also announced it will premier in prime-time on SPIKE TV starting Thursday, November 16th, kicking-off with a 2 hr extravaganza from 9-11 pm, ET/PT to celebrate the move. The following Thursday, TNA can be seen in it regularly scheduled time slot (9-10pm ET/PT), with encores continuing to telecast on Saturdays (11pm - Midnight ET/PT).

This is true, but it's also the first move to make before going to 2 hours. And the 2 hour shows are still in the works and should come probably around the beginning of 2007.

Yes, but I was just showing this because I've seen where people thought this change meant it was going to be 2 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back